Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Accident
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
over_the_aybss
Edit
Mata
Wow, I'm glad you got out okay. Well, that's not to say that whiplash isn't serious. Make sure that you get some treatment for that otherwise it can really cause you problems.

That kind of thing is very shocking when it happens. Life is a fragile and sometimes unexpectedly brief thing. Enjoy every moment of it.

*hugs*
Astarael
I'm glad that you're okay and that you weren't in the back seat when the cars collided. Try to get treatment and maybe some massages to help your neck, shoulder, and arm feel better. The hot flannel sacks full of beans that you can put in the microwave may help you feel better, as the warmth will relax your muscles.
Sometimes life scares you like this and makes you feel awful, but now you have new hope and realize how great life really is. You can plan great things to do, things that you wouldn't have even realized you wanted until the accident. Each day is a gift, and you can try to make every day have some bright moments. We're all here if you need to have a good talk or cry, and I'm always willing to listen. *hugs*
Hope that you feel better, and may your future be as full of good stuff as you can make it. smile.gif
voices_in_my_head
Moral:
Sometimes life has to scare the living hell out of you to get you to pay attention.

I'm glad your okay!
Do you guys have any Idea as to why the people in front of you hit their brakes?

The hot flannel sacks full of beans that you can put in the microwave may help you feel better, as the warmth will relax your muscles.

It also works if you take a sock and fill the end of it with cornmeal, and then put it in the microwave. (be carefull not to turn in on too high, or it'll catch on fire - we learned that the hard way!)
Ashbless
Get checked out by a doctor. That way there is a legal record that you may have been injured. If, a year down the line, there are complications from your neck (hopefully not tongue.gif ) you have proof of injury. It's insurance and a good idea. Hopefully it's insurance you never have to use but it's a record that is good to have.

On a much different note. I'm very glad you and your family are all right. When I hear about serious injuries from motor vehicle accidents it makes me happy to hear about the times people are okay. smile.gif
Daria
I'm glad you're all ok... I have known so many people who have had car accidents, and unfortunately a few who haven't survived from them.

Hope you get on ok at the chiropracter's.
bryden42
having been in a few car accidents myself, four to date, Never whilst driving myself though, my advice is to simply let it go. The worst of my accidents happened at 80 mph changing into the fast lane of the motorway another car was in the blind spot and the driver didn't see them. we suffered some serious damage to the car and i had a banged knee the other car ended up on its roof in the central reservation. No one was hurt further than whiplash (i have years of headbanging to thank for not being hurt in that way). I remember the moment of impact really well. we were going along quite merrily and there was an almighty noise i looked around and saw the other car flipping and thought Oh S**t, and then realised that we were still going. the driver had taken her hands from the wheel and was panicking, I had to take the wheel and steer us onto the hardshoulder. get her out of the car and ring the emergency services whilst lighting her cigarette (away from the car).

The moral for me was, the second that i realised i was not dead then i had to get on with getting the situuation as in control as i could and after that, once the ambulance had arrived and I had sorted out lifts and garages and the like..... i just had to keep living. Just keep on living is fairly easy to do. you just keep doing what you always would. Don't ignore the fact that you almost died but don't let that experience do anything other than become a really cool anecdote! If you spend your whole life running away from stuff and don't live because of it you haven't really lived at all.

Hell I have a whole load of annecdotes about me almost dying, there was the time i almost got shot by poachers, the time i almost got run over by a bus after pushing a girl out of the way, the plane crash i was almost in, the four car crashes that i have been in, The time i almost drowned trying to save my next door neighbour, The time my dog dragged me on my belly in front of a car. the time my kitchen caught fire when i was one and a half, the time i jumped off of a castle and landed on my head on the drawbridge, three electrocutions....... And I'm sure there's some more. Again the moral is that we are still here!
Mata
Either that or you are indestructable.
depressed lonely crazy person
QUOTE (bryden42 @ Sep 9 2005, 11:26 PM)
Hell I have a whole load of annecdotes about me almost dying, there was the time i almost got shot by poachers, the time i almost got run over by a bus after pushing a girl out of the way, the plane crash i was almost in, the four car crashes that i have been in,  The time i almost drowned trying to save my next door neighbour, The time my dog dragged me on my belly in front of a car. the time my kitchen caught fire when i was one and a half, the time i jumped off of a castle and landed on my head on the drawbridge, three electrocutions....... And I'm sure there's some more. Again the moral is that we are still here!

Are you accident prone or just impulsive?
And possibly afflicted with with a hero complex?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.