Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nudism
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > The Issues Forum
Pages: 1, 2
froggle-rock
I spent most of the weekend with Tommy (my fella) helping him paint two murals. We spent most of our time doing this inside, apart from y'day because the weather was just too darn glorious to not go out into the garden. I spend alot of time nude. When we were inside painting I took my clothes off because my preferance is to go about unclad.

I do wear clothes, they're great for warmth, decoration and protection (frying is not advised to be done sans clothing, actually most cooking should be done with something worn to cover your delicate parts). I quite like wearing clothes; puting together combinations. It can be quite fun being ones own barbie doll.

When Tommy saw me getting undressed I asked him if it bothered him because see I'd thought he wouldn't be fussed, being as he's seen me naked before. Tommy told me that it wasn't so much that it bothered him, just that he himself would find it really uncomfortable to paint in the buff, even in the privacy of his own home, but that if I wanted to it was fine.

I have grown up seeing my parents and siblings nude. In my house there is only one bathroom which has the one toilet there too. Five people getting ready to leave at roughly the same time in the morning leads to people walking in and out of the bathroom regardless of who else is in there at the time, or their state of undress.

Tommy and I were in his room painting, when his flatmate, Ollie, knocked on the door. I moved along the bed from where I was, so that Ollie wouldn't see me when Tommy opened the door. Tommy and Ollie have a brief conversation about housemate stuff and when they are done and after when Tommy closes his door he turns to me and says "That's why you should wear clothes.". I tell him "That's why people shouldn't wear clothes."

Tommy then pointed out that I had moved out of Ollie's view when he was speaking to him. I explained that it's a case that I know other people (not all) get uncomfortable by seeing people without clothes outside of doing the jiggy jiggy dance. I don't mind if Ollie sees me au naturel, but from the little I know Ollie, and the fact I have't seen him walking around without a stich leads me to assume he would feel akward. At the end of the day I don't want to make him feel that way.

Do you walk around in the buff? Could you infront of family, friends, strangers? Are the only times for nakedness in the shower and in bed? Do you only feel free to be naked when you are by yourself?

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are because I know not all of y'all get naked on a regular. I feel very comfortable with my body (it's not always been that way), and I have a feeling that having few inhibitions, if none about being nude is connected with how comfortable a person is with thier body. Correct me if I'm wrong.
pgrmdave
I would be uncomfortable with most people seeing me nude. However, when I'm alone, I do prefer to be unclothed, I simply feel that it is more comfortable.
PsychWardMike
There seems to be an episode of Seinfeld that fit this. Bad naked and everything.

Anyway, I'm not particularly fond of my body (I'm very large) so when I'm naked with someone, I tend to think of it as a bigger commitment than having sex. Kinda pathetic, huh?

Doesn't mean I don't like being naked, though.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Aug 29 2005, 06:25 PM)
Anyway, I'm not particularly fond of my body (I'm very large) so when I'm naked with someone, I tend to think of it as a bigger commitment than having sex.  Kinda pathetic, huh?

^What he said.

And if you want a place to go where its fine to be naked and no one cares. Go to Reading Festival. Everyone got naked there...
Museum Girl
I see nothing wrong with walking around naked but other people find the idea of it uncomfortable. People have told me I was perverted because I mentioned that I went to a nudist beach on holiday, but I'd say you're only perverted if you only go there to get off on all the naked people. So yeah, I've no problem with walking around naked but I don't want to embarass people who may have a problem with it. Sometimes it's convenient not to wear any clothes, and if we didn't wear them at all we'd probably be more aware of different body types and have broader aesthetic ideals regarding them because we'd be exposed to them more regulaly. We'd also become desensitised to them which I think would be good to a certain extent.
Usurper MrTeapot
Perversion is annoying, especially for a man.

If I looked over my garden fence and I saw a woman sunbathing nude outside then she could call me a pervert for looking. If I was naked and she saw it would be indecent exposure.
trunks_girl26
hmm, I'd have to say that I'm rather comfortable being topless/just in a bra (as my breasts are large enough to need one most of the time) but not bottomless.

I tend to thing of being naked with someone as something special, actually- that only the privileged few (or none, as the case would be now) get to see.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I like being nekked. I'd like to walk around bare arsed more often then I do but I have an unfortunate habit of not closing curtains properly - the neighbours don't appreciate that. laugh.gif

I'm not terribly comfortable with my body (although it's probably in better shape now then it ever has been since I was about 19) but I think a get more comfortable the older I get. I suppose you just get used to the shape you are and how it looks and forgive the bits that let you down.

I moon people a lot. Not sure if that's relevant? rolleyes.gif
CommieBastard
I'm rarely entirely naked, because I'm literally not comfortable with it - as in, chairs and sofas aren't as comfortable against bare flesh. Plus it's just more convenient being clothed - people have an annoying habit of ringing the doorbell...
PsychWardMike
Espescially on leather! Sticks to you something fierce.

And to snuggs, I need to learn you on definitions of words:

naked - adj; to be without clothes
nekkid - adj; to be witout clothes and to be up to something
Kitty
I'm use to my parents walking around with barely anything on so people being naked doesnt really bother me much. Though I really dont like walking around naked myself because I have a feeling my family would totally disapprove.

There was an instance where I was wearing a shirt that, when worn in barely no light, looks like I'm wearing only a bra. My brother saw that and immediatley said "Put some cloths on, jeez!" So I dont think he'd be entirely comfortable with me wandering around in anything less than a pair of shorts and a shirt.

Mostly its just a people thing. Sometimes I feel extreamly comfy in my skin and when the house is to myself I walk around naked for a while. Its nice feeling free sometimes! Sometimes though. Other than that, I feel that if I were to be nekked with someone around it would be at the least a snuggly sort of intimate situation, though not necissarially with sex involved.
Chronotub
when I am alone I dont care if I am naked or not, once I am dressed I wont strip off but I if I have just got out of the bath or something I usuly stay naked for an hour or so.
I am a bit chubby and am not realy comfortable with my body (but I tell people I am) so I dont feel comfortable naked in front of other people Infact the only time I strip down more than trousers and t shirt is to go swimming. Even if I am at a beach I always wear t shirt and trousers.
Usurper MrTeapot
I like walking around the house naked, but I check to make sure its dark enough in my house, theres no one in and there aren't any curtains open. I generally don't like the idea of even small nudity infront of people, shirtless for example.

But if people want to be naked thats funky. A good friend of mine has a great dad, first time I met him he was naked in the kitchen frying eggs in just an apron and he's known for ironing his boxers to wear just before he goes out so they're nice and warm.
MistressAlti
I like being naked. I'm fat and I know it, I don't really need the clothes to hide behind when it's just me. I missed walking around my own room naked when I lived in a dormitory with roommates.
beccareb
I don't think there is anything wrong with being naked when one is by themselves. I don't like being naked because I don't find it comfortable. Probably at least partly because I'm not comfortable with my body, but I think it's also that I just prefer wearing clothes.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'm gonna be grouped with the people that don't mind nakedness but prefer clothing. Like Sean said, some materials aren't comfortable against bare skin. I'm also not fond of my body, it's ok, but I just don't like being so skinny. Finally, without clothes I feel...well, naked, vulnerable would be a better word, I like the feeling of wearing clothes, it's comforting, for example, my favourtive pair of boxers are those snug, tight fitting ones, supportive like. tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
nekkid - adj; to be witout clothes and to be up to something

Who's to say I'm not? wink.gif You learn me good, baby. laugh.gif
Jonman
I'm as happy with or without clothes. When the weather's hot, without is so much more pleasant. And as long as the people I'm around are happy with me being naked, I'm happy.

But it's oddly double-sided. Outside of home, or 'naked events', I'm quite self conscious about taking my clothes off (due to a little beer belly, and hair in places it doesn't belong. However, in the company of other naked folks, I'm perfectly comfortable to strip off. The same way being naked in Sainsbury's is very different from being naked at a nudist beach.
simply,I'm a spastic
Am fine being "in the buff" but am oddly disturbed when your friends and family start doing it too- for example - on a beach (somewhere nice and hot preferably, not South End) if your happily soaking up the sun, I can't help but stare at other people - and it frightens me slightly! I'm in no way inclined to the female form, I am very much a sausage girl, but you just HAVE to stare! It's a natural bloody thing! And just when they turn because they can feel someone looking, its the very same moment you try to force your gaze to the floor -

*think hmmmm....... I've never really looked at sand in this way - it's so pretty*

And then they think you're a dirty old perv!

Am so ashamed sad.gif
Calantyr
Clothes are just so USEFUL though. Lots of pockets to keep stuff in. And it also gives you something to do with your hands.... well besides absent-mindedly scratching your bits. biggrin.gif

I'm not exactly over the moon with how my body looks, that and it's often more comfy to have clothes on. That and I think you lose some of the mystique if you go around in the buff all the time. It's not so... I dunno, special.

Saying that, once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk. Don't ask me why, scares the crap outa me too. I just pray no one has a camera at the time. Or that it's cold. *whistles*

So no, wouldn't make the world a better place. At least when I am involved with it. But you can apply that to everything I'm involved with I guess.
artist.unknown
I get naked to get clean. Thassit. First, I am always, always cold. Second, body image. Third, I have an Amish sense of decency. I'm a Calvanist. We keeps our wrists and ankles covered, thank you kindly. tongue.gif

Rooming with Poles and Hungarians has been awkard this summer. They keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress. And then there's the personal space issue. There is an imaginary bubble. You cannot go in it. No hugs!! Argh! ph34r.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk.

Jumping out and scaring the crap out of the innocent room service too? laugh.gif
Calantyr
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 30 2005, 09:47 PM)
once or twice I've gotten naked when drunk.

Jumping out and scaring the crap out of the innocent room service too? laugh.gif

Hey, she deserved it! That room was booked for another hour and a half! biggrin.gif

Well it's better than her seeing my in my Dilbert underwear at least... *mutters*
gothictheysay
they keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress.

I've heard about this too, and in some way I think it's good - they seem to be comfortable enough with their bodies and nudity/partial nudity to do that. I think that nakedness is generally something that society is too uptight about, and in turn, more people are uptight about it as well. I'd probably have trouble in that situation, too, but it would be nice if people could be more comfrotable with their bodies/nudity.

Edit: Janet Jackson and the Superbowl anyone? Now that was overreacting...
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Aug 30 2005, 08:45 PM)
Rooming with Poles and Hungarians has been awkard this summer. They keep changing in front of me and trying to hold conversations while in states of undress. And then there's the personal space issue. There is an imaginary bubble. You cannot go in it. No hugs!! Argh!  ph34r.gif

It's taken me somewhere in the realms of about six years to be comfortable hugging people I'm not romantically involved with or related to. My personal space extends about 10ft from my body. No hugs! tongue.gif

In terms of being naked... I dunno. I don't mind walking around in my underwear, or just a dressing gown with nothing underneath, or even just a towel. even just a towel around my waist. Full nudity, I'm not comfortable with though. Partially because I actually do get comments made about my body from my family, not in a nasty sense, or at least, not intended that way. We have one bathroom, but the only person who actually walks around the house naked is my mum. Me, my sister, and my stepdad are forbidden to, for obvious reasons. If me or my sister are in there, we tend to leave each other alone, but mum picks the lock and goes in.

The other reason I don't like it is that I've always been taught it was wrong. anything less than either full clothing or underwear, pyjamas and dressing gown is wrong. My parents have a lot of middle aged rpg-playing bachelors who are often around here, so it was just common sense to teach me and my sister not to walk around naked, and it stuck. On the other hand, I'm totally happy to sleep naked with no covers, so maybe I'm just irrational about this tongue.gif

And, of course, there's a salamander somewhere in my ancestry so I'm never warm enough. And yeah, some things just do feel uncomfortable against bare skin.
Daria
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 29 2005, 06:34 PM)
Anyway, I'm not particularly fond of my body (I'm very large) so when I'm naked with someone, I tend to think of it as a bigger commitment than having sex.  Kinda pathetic, huh?

^What he said.

Ditto to the above.

My parents have always been naked around us...* My step-dad came home from work one evening to find my 22 year old sister, my 19 year old brother and I all sitting in the bathroom whilst mum was in the bath, just chatting.
I still don't like to be naked though, and I found it quite uncomfortable (emmotionaly) to be naked with a guy, even though he was too, and he liked the way I looked.

I feel so self concious about my body that I wear shorts and t-shirt instead of swimming costume at the beach, so I doubt I'd ever go fully nudd. I have been to nudist beaches in the past, and was perfectly comfortable with other peoples nakedness, just not my own.

*Parents split up when I was 12. Although I am close to my step dad (as all us siblings are) it is still odd to see him topless. He doesn't get naked around us...
Astarael
I much prefer clothes most of the time, as I feel cold a lot except in the heat of summer. When no one's at home then sometimes I'll just walk about topless, and that's fun until I hear the garage opening and I have to go put a shirt on. I don't like being fully nude. It's just uncomfortable to sit on things and having cold privates is no fun at all. When it's very hot then sometimes I'll sleep in the nude, but I have to have at least a sheet over me or I wake up cold. I also feel a bit uncomfortable being fully naked, just because of upbringing. My parents never get naked around me, so I don't like being fully naked except to have showers or change clothes.
little_bear
I hate being naked. The only part of my body I like is my forearms. I can't even bring myself to be bare chested. It would just result in me being incredibly self aware. Seriously, I don't even want to think about it.

I agree with what Mike said about seeing getting your kit off as a bigger commitment than actually doing the horizontal tango. I imagine that would be the same for me.
Jonman
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Aug 31 2005, 03:52 AM)
I've heard about this too, and in some way I think it's good - they seem to be comfortable enough with their bodies and nudity/partial nudity to do that. I think that nakedness is generally something that society is too uptight about, and in turn, more people are uptight about it as well. I'd probably have trouble in that situation, too, but it would be nice if people could be more comfrotable with their bodies/nudity.

Edit: Janet Jackson and the Superbowl anyone? Now that was overreacting...

Couldn't have put it better myself. We (as a society) need to get over ourselves. Mainland European's have a much healthier attitude to nudity than the US or UK, which are still stuck in some outmoded Vicotrian sense of proprietary.
Tarantio
I don't like to think about or argue the moralities behind nudity - its a very long running argument, obviously with roots in the Bible and Genesis (Adam and Eve being ashamed of themselves and such) and to argue this seems very droll and a little pointless to me. It seems much more apt to discuss whether or not a person is comfortable with nudity, either their own or others around them, as Froggy was originally asking.
When I sit around the house I'm usually a least half dressed, though often I go around in just a pair of boxers (and I rarely wear socks, though that's usually due to not having to go out and not having very many clean pairs at any one time). A lot of the time I'm shirtless or suchlike for comfort reasons - I'm very warm blooded and overheat quite easily, and I don't feel the cold half as much as most people do, so its only natural for me to want to be able to vent heat a lot more. However I wouldn't exaclty say I'm confortable being nude around people; I'll happily change clothes in front of them (unless I'm getting fully changed), but I don't tend to walk around topless when people are present. I have nothing against how I look - It'd be rather hypocritical of me to fuss over my weight or shape - nor have I learned to associate nudity with shame or any other such nonsense, I just have a natural shyness that doesn't want to have my body seen. Not in the light of day, at least...
Oddly, when I'm out on the town, I tend to let loose a lot more than at home, generally because most of the people there aren't people I know and I don't give a hoot about what they think of me or what I do - hence the haloween costume a few years back where I went to a nightclub dressed only in a loincloth trying to pass as a rather skinny tarzan. I wear tank tops sometimes, and a lot of my trousers and T-shirts are torn and revealing.
Overall its hard to say how I feel on the subject as a whole. I would never visit a nudist beach - something in my head associates them with 18-30 holidays, voyeurism and sleaze rather than "naturalism", and right or wrong I avoid them for what I see them as. And I would feel very shy about stripping off for a person I was being intimate with, I think, as its been something very distant and alien to me, and the concept itself seems slightly frightening, but I persist in being a bit of showboat when I get the opportunity (for all the good it does my reputation, I rather enjoy being able to unwind like that sometimes) and clothes can often be stuffy and uncomfortable for me. Still, I have rarely or never been fully naked in anyone else's company other than family, so I couldn't comment on what I actually would fell, only speculate.

[/ramble]
Quoth(The Raven)
Irma Bombeck, the humor columnist, once remarked that the worst part of public nudity was that, if everyone went nude, people would no longer ask, "How are you?". Instead, they'd ask, "What happened?" She said she couldn't take that... tongue.gif
bryden42
I will add this to the discussion, It is generally viewed that the more attractive (read skinny) you are the more acceptable it is to wear revealing/ not a lot of clothes. I would argue that us fatties, especially us fatties with body hair, need to take our clothes off more simply due to heat levels.
Ashbless
I like sleeping in the nude but won't do so when I'm living with a roomate. If I have insomnia, a need for the bathroom or am looking to see if the cat is inside I don't want to flash flatmate or family. tongue.gif
That said when I live on my own or with a long time boyfriend I tend to wander without clothing more often. I also have a beautiful black silk housecoat embroidered with a dragon that I'll wear without anything else on.
I don't wear it now that I'm back in the family home. It's nightdress or fully dressed.
Astarael
I usually sleep in massively huge t-shirts (double extra large, mostly) because they're less fuss to keep clean and it looks as though I'm dressed (sloppily) for the day when I'm really still in my pajamas with a pair of pants thrown on. I only do it on vacations when I'm nowhere near school, but it feels nice.
Feyliya
I would just like to say that Nudism + Mhari = Teh Win. wink.gif

/spam
Jonman
QUOTE (bryden42 @ Sep 4 2005, 03:26 AM)
I would argue that us fatties, especially us fatties with body hair, need to take our clothes off more simply due to heat levels.

*checks waistline*

*checks bodyhair*

*chuckle*

It's funny because it's true!
believe
Moral arguments aside, there are too many people I would never, ever, ever, ever want to see naked to promote nudity. Dick Cheney, Howard Stern, the Queen (it would be too odd), ect, ect.
Misty Rain
I wander round at home nude.

And have been a nude model.

But not after a visit to a dominatrix.

Nude is nice .................................mostly

Misty Rain
Marriegold
QUOTE (Daria @ Aug 31 2005, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 29 2005, 06:34 PM)

^What he said.

Ditto to the above.

My parents have always been naked around us...* My step-dad came home from work one evening to find my 22 year old sister, my 19 year old brother and I all sitting in the bathroom whilst mum was in the bath, just chatting.
I still don't like to be naked though, and I found it quite uncomfortable (emmotionaly) to be naked with a guy, even though he was too, and he liked the way I looked.

I feel so self concious about my body that I wear shorts and t-shirt instead of swimming costume at the beach, so I doubt I'd ever go fully nudd. I have been to nudist beaches in the past, and was perfectly comfortable with other peoples nakedness, just not my own.

I thought I was the only one phew. I could never wear just a swimming costume and I at least have to wear a pair of shorts in a swimming pool. I tried to cover up so much once on holiday that I got asked if I was Muslim. I don't know if anyone else feels like this (let me know if you do) but I hate to look at myself in a mirror and try and avoid that as much as possible because I am so self-conscious.

I see no problem in other people wanting to be naked that’s fine. I just couldn't do that myself. To be honest I think it would be great of have that much confidence (excuse me if that would be the wrong word to use but I have never been very good with my choice of words).
Daria
I have different mirrors in my house which tell me different things- My bathroom one makes anything and everything I wear look fine. Then the downstairs mirror makes everything look awful. My sisters mirror makes my hips look bigger than they are, and my bedroom mirrow makes all my jewelry looks silly!*

*it might be because it is... I am undecided on this one biggrin.gif
acid_rain_child
I know a surprising amount of Brazillian adults who love not having clothes on. I'm convinced it's a cultural thing. I babysit for one such woman, and she was getting changed upstairs and the baby ran into her room but I stayed behind because I didn't want to embarrass her, but she told me to come on in, with nothing more than skin. It doesn't bother me to see other people naked, big or small. While the Brazillian lady had a perfect body, I also have step great aunt (don't ask) who's as big as_a_house and walks around as comfortable as can be in her body. I envy her a lot, because I'm not at that point in my life yet. I think if you're comfortable with yourself, more power to you. I think some people would like it if only the "beautiful" people lost their clothes, but I don't agree.

The extent of my nudity is maybe, going topless in front of my friends. We change clothes an awful lot when we're with each other, and so I could be over my friend's house, borrow a bra and put it on in front of god and everyone. It doesn't bother me. One of my friends likes to give fashion shows and takes her underclothing off in front of me all the time. I'm used to it and don't even notice, but some people may think that's weird. While I'm comfortable with my top, I couldn't show my bottom, I don't know why. Probably something beaten into me with a stick at a young age. In front of my mother, I can see her get naked, but can't change in front of her. It's odd. I feel more comfortable in front of my friends than my family.

But I love nudity. I think it's comfortable. I stay naked after I get out of the shower and usually have a nap. Sleeping in the nude is much more comfortable and it's proven that it's healthy for girls to... "air out their bits" at night time and not wear panties. When I'm alone in my room, I'll usually be naked, and if no one's around, I won't run to put on pants or anything.
{Gothic Angel}
Its also geographical. Tell an innuit they can run around naked, and I doubt they'll be impressed. tongue.gif

And have you noticed if you speak to brazilians they genuinely don't care, for the most part, what other people look like? If you're fat, you're fat. It's considered healthy. Same with in many parts of Africa. They call it "traditionally built", which I think is great biggrin.gif I know I'd be a damn sight more willing to take my clothes off if I knew I wasn't about to be judged.
aldis
Nakedness in Leviticus

: None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
7: The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
8: The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
9: The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
10: The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
11: The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
12: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
13: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
14: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
15: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
16: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
17: Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18: Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
19: Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
20: Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
depressed lonely crazy person
I like being naked but I feel it would probably cause more propblems than it solved.
PsychWardMike
Aldis... shut up.
Astarael
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 24 2005, 04:59 PM)
Aldis... shut up.

Saves me having to type that. Thanks. Now I can feel free to be politer than I usually would. Look, aldis, not to be rude, but you've put that in another thread already and people are discussing it there. You've just dropped a chunk of the Bible into this discussion without saying how it relates to your own opinion or what nudity, if any, you practice in your own life. Give us a context for the quote and a solid reason for why you agree with it if you feel that it's necessary to post this at all. If you think that nudity amongst relatives is wrong, then please say so rather than trying to preach to us. smile.gif If you think that the Bible should be our guide to nudity and all things sexual, say so. Give a reason for what you post and how it relates to you or people will just ignore it as being irrelevant. I'm not trying to offend you, but you're not discussing things, you're just dropping blocks into this thread.
froggle-rock
Gothic Angel, I guess I figured that people judge me when I have clothes on, certain outfits / brands say certain things about people (stereotyping). What could they say about me naked? -I have spots, stechmarks, saggy boobs and celulite? Yeah, but am I bothered? I don't see myself going for cosmetic sugery because I'd rather spend the money on gadgets, and toning up my legs? Pft. I walk and trampoline enough for me. I figure you've prolly been told this before, but I used to hate my body. I was so incredibly self concious. Then I started to think, why? I've just as much right to be beautiful as everyone else, and infact the men and women I am attracted to will probaly never be on the front cover of a fashion magazine. Anyways, you are beautiful, Ieni.

SPS I don't think I can recall feeling especialy vunerable when naked, but then I don't have my crown jewles dangling about on the outside wink.gif

Commie, you could wear boxers if you want tongue.gif

Trunks Girl
, fair enough. That mentality for not getting naked too often I find more agreeable, than it being for insecurity.

Mr T, I did contemplate sunbathing toples sin my back garden after I came back from holiday, but decided against it because I was worried that my neighbours would tell _me_ off for indecant exposure! How did you feel about my seeing you topless those times we worked together?

Museum Girl I agree, if a person sexualises summit that wasn't intended to be sexual, that is their take on things not the person who is innocently goign about their buisness.
    "We'd also become desensitised to them which I think would be good to a certain extent."

Do you think that people would stop becoming aroused by a naked body if they were exposed to naked bodies too frequantly?

I was at Tommy's afew days ago, and feeling quite hot and restricted, asked him if I could take my clothes off (I wasn't sure when his flatmate would return). He said that I could and then went on to explain that he was hesitant about my being naked was because he didn't want the specialness of seeing me naked to turn into a fatigue of seeing me naked.

So I put forward my view that seeing him naked doesn't nessacerily make me want to jump into bed with him, unless that thought had been going through my mind anyway. He can be well covered, and look hawt. Infact, the other day he wore a beanie and jacket and mmm, he was looking fine, so fine I found myself incredibly attracted to him because of what he _was_ wearing.

Tommy's reply was he was more accoustomed to nudity being for sex, and being clothed for non sex. Whearas to me nudity can be about sex, but moreover a person behaving in a sexual way, naked or not, is about sex.

Aldis, it would seem would like to discuss the moral side of nakedness in his thread. Whereas I would like to use this thread, as Tara pointed out, to talk about if, how and to what degree people are comfortable with their own nakedness, and the nudity of others.

So, my next question is, who here soley associates nudity with sex? And why? -I really am curious to try and understand.
aldis
Nudity excites libido...libido disturbs sexual equilibrium...so modesty is preferable

Or is it??

On other hand...Modesty repress urges...Repressed urges turn in to neurosis...Neuroses turn in to Psychosis…which way to go???

No way….
bryden42
Aldis, I think you have issues that need to be addressed by a professional,

Libido... sexual equilibrium.... If I get a boner i get a boner, whats the big deal!

Modesty, Neurosis, Psychosis, errr if i cover up i stay warm / get hot.

The issue here is not nudity itself but peoples comfort levels with their own / other peoples bodies.

from my own point of view I could not care less if people decided to get naked or not. Nakedness on its own is not enough to get me aroused, It takes a mindset change in myself or an active attempt by someone else (not nescesarily naked either) to do that.

From the christian point of view I don't understand the issue with nudity either, we were, after all, created in his image. so wheres the problem in staring at an image of god? Adam and Eve were naked and that was fine by god?

Aldis, please dont just drop anymore scripture in, its like reading Tolkein informative, a good story under there somewhere but inherently dry and dense!
CommieBastard
Moderator intervention

First order of business: PsychWardMike, you're out of line. If you have a problem with aldis' behaviour, either take it up with aldis politely and respectfully, or take it to a moderator. You may not insult other posters. This goes for everyone else as well.

aldis: Firstly, please don't just quote the Bible and consider your post done. One problem you're consistently having on these boards is an unwillingness or inability to explain yourself clearly. Please try to do so; when all you post is a passage from a religious text without providing any context for why you're posting it, people understandably become confused and frustrated.

Another thing I think you should do is perhaps explain some of the terms you use. "Sexual equilibrium" is one - can you tell us what that is, why we ought to have it, and in what way the activity of the libido disturbs it? By leaving questions like that unanswered, you make it very hard for people to meaningfully engage with you.

/end moderator intervention
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.