Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
bikerroc
Howzit guys !!! Newbie here !!!!! Help please with avatar required, in non-techno talk please.
Moosh
Hey there

To get an avatar, find an image you like (I guess you've already done that) then you need to get it on the Internet, by using a free hosting service or getting someone to host it for you. Free hosting services include: Photobucket, Image Shcak and Village Photos.

When it is hosted, copy and paste the URL of the image into the box on the 'Edit Avatar Settings' page in 'My Controls'.

Then shout: "Fac me cocleario vomere!"

This guide was brought to you by espresso, Pink Floyd and Dylan Moran
bikerroc
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 1 2005, 03:51 PM)
Hey there

To get an avatar, find an image you like (I guess you've already done that) then you need to get it on the Internet, by using a free hosting service or getting someone to host it for you. Free hosting services include: Photobucket, Image Shcak and Village Photos.

When it is hosted, copy and paste the URL of the image into the box on the 'Edit Avatar Settings' page in 'My Controls'.

Then shout: "Fac me cocleario vomere!"

This guide was brought to you by espresso, Pink Floyd and Dylan Moran

OK mates. Tried all that, it obviously doesnt like the picis I have chosen!! However, I shall continue and try and find a suitable pici. Watch this space !!!!
Why does it keep telling me its not a valid file extension ?
funky fairy
Hi bikerroc, I cant get my avatar on either, never mind, we will master it together!!!
bikerroc
smile.gif Together together we'll do it Together lalalalalalalal
Moosh
QUOTE (bikerroc @ Sep 1 2005, 05:20 PM)
OK mates.  Tried all that, it obviously doesnt like the picis I have chosen!!  However, I shall continue and try and find a suitable pici.  Watch this space !!!!
Why does it keep telling me its not  a valid file extension ?

What file extension is it?
bikerroc
jpg !
Moosh
What _exactly_ are you trying to do?
bikerroc
Add an avatar from my pooter
Moosh
Have you got it on a hosting site?
bikerroc
yep, it got hosted. I copied and pasted and e voila WRONG !!!!
Moosh
Did you paste the URL? Not the tag or IMG?
bikerroc
I sure did. Have tried a few picis, doesnt seem to like any of them. They conform to the size etc. am not a total pooter newby so cant understand what is going on !!
Moosh
What hosting are you using?
bikerroc
image shack, have a look at where my avatar should be, this shows what I'm getting
Moosh
I can't see anything where your avatar should be. Is that what you meant?

Just checked out Image Shack, I don't normally use it, and if you are using the bottom url it should work. Hmm.. I'm going to try switching my hosting for my avatar over the Image Shack and see what happens.
bikerroc
I did it, not the one I really wanted but hey it worked. Cheers for the help Cheeseymouse
Matthew
Shuffle...

Shuffle...

Shuffle, shuffle... ( Boing!!! Leaps ninja like from the shadows! )

Howdy!
bikerroc
Wow, that was really scary ha ha ha

Need a new pair of slippers?
Matthew
QUOTE (bikerroc @ Sep 1 2005, 08:24 PM)
Wow, that was really scary  ha ha ha

Need a new pair of slippers?

Bunny ones!

Thank yooooou.... ( Leaps over wall not realizing there's a thirty ft drop... )
bikerroc
And lands upside down in a pile of ?????????????????? What's that said the cow ?
funky fairy
Whhaaatttt are u talking about????
bikerroc
If you don't know, we can't tell. Its a secret
funky fairy
Spoilsports. I got my avatar working now too!
bikerroc
biggrin.gif and a superb one it is too. Watch you dont get dizzy
Quoth(The Raven)
I had a few Av probs in the beginning, as well, but once I went to Photobucket, I had no more trouble! Great folks! I highly recomend 'em...

Welcome aboard, stop by the Matabar and Tribe Wyvern... I think they're a perfect fit for you lot... (Me, too, come to that...).
funky fairy
Am I daft or what? What is the Tribe Wyvern??
bikerroc
dry.gif Hmmm, probably some secret drinking and pleasure palace ! IF we're lucky !!!
Ashbless
Welcome!

Both avatars look great. I'm personally too lazy to grab one except what's offered in the basic set. Hope you enjoy it here among us.

*hands over some cookies and a cup of coffee*

See you around.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (funky fairy @ Sep 2 2005, 07:07 AM)
Am I daft or what?  What is the Tribe Wyvern??

Tribe Wyvern and The Matabar are the two places where those of us who frequent "Daft" tend to hang out most often... wacky, yet cozy places to visit, spin tall tales, or wreak havok, as the mood strikes you. Every now and then one of them dries up, like a watering hole, in the Sarenghetti, but, sooner or later, people start drifting back, and things are fine again. At the moment, Tribe Wyvern seems to be under drought conditions, but you're welcome to stop by, anytime, read back entries, even help revive the threads with new entries... just do a search, and find us! We're worth it! (Mostly). laugh.gif
bikerroc
Aaahhhh Home at Last. Things are gonna change around here !!!!
voices_in_my_head
*hands bikerroc a kitten*

Welcome!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Sep 3 2005, 09:46 PM)

Welcome!

You know, sometimes I wonder about these Kittens you give out... Unless I fit 'em out with wings, they tend to dissapear; you don't suppose they're too slow to outrun Mata, do you?
bikerroc
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Sep 4 2005, 02:46 AM)

Welcome!

Cheers !!!!

(Will these wings do Quoth ? )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.