Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Passion.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
PsychWardMike
Both!

And Snugs, masturbation is healthy until you die. Anything before that is all good. cool.gif
Dreams On Hiatus
My passions would be art, writing, music, and nature.

I love to draw, I love looking at art and I love critiquing it. I love writing, arranging words in such a way to portray emotions and ideas. I love music, I CANNOT live without music. And nature - I love being outside, and I love trees and I get so much inspiration from nature.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 9 2005, 10:04 PM)
And Snugs, masturbation is healthy until you die.  Anything before that is all good.  cool.gif

Does this mean that you can masturbate after you die, it's just not healthy? huh.gif
PsychWardMike
Yes. Yes it does.
Jimmy-von-Lucidious
My passions

First of all would be my love of music, I just can't get enough music. I'm always looking for new bands and new sounds. A band I've stumbled upon recently is the Dresden Dolls has been so inspirational with their raw and original style, punk cabaret! I just wish I could play music so much better, I love my tin whistles.

My second passion would be writing. I love it, I can't stop! It's a disease and I've got it bad. I write poetry and short stories mostly but lately I haven't been able to write anything but journal entries.

My third passion would be visual arts. Often I can spend hours in galleries, sometimes just admiring the one piece.

I want to in some why combine all three of these passions in to one body of work.

Wow I didn't mean to ramble but yeah this is me.
insaneperc1015
as corny as it may sound, playing music is my passion. i can practice for hours at a time, and when i perform infront of a crowd, it is the best feeling in the whole world. i love it more than any feeling ever.
its just very freeing. i enjoy it.
kisah
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Sep 9 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (kisah @ Sep 9 2005, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 8 2005, 06:22 PM)
Better or more? laugh.gif

Practice makes perfect, that's what my mom always said.

At lying or masturbating? laugh.gif

Yes.

/spam
Marriegold
My curiosity, which takes me everywhere and my hunger for knowledge.

I can never stick to learning one language. My curiosity can vary from learning a new type of dance or language to learning about fortune cards. I love to learn about culture, religions, languages and I have a need to learn as many different types of dancing as possible. There is always something new to try out and learn something new and different sticking to one thing is never an option but I always find something that engages me to know more. Now I want to learn diffrent types of marshal arts as well as dancing and I am also a learner of the arts (binger) and learning things like fortune cards, astral projection and much more. It's a small world but so complex there is never enough time to learn it all. This will be a huge problem when I have to choose a career. Even small things like orgarmie (if I could spell the word correctly) I find intressting. The more knowledge the better staying in one place isn’t an option. I now have a need to learn and play diffrent sports but this could go on forever. Also a large intresst in animals (I am now a vegtarian). I will stop going on now other wise this post will never end. smile.gif XX
silvermoon
My passion also is playing music, especially the piano. It's the one thing I could do for hours and not get bored. A little sore, maybe, but that happens all the time anyway. (Let's not get into the reasons for that. wink.gif )
voices_in_my_head
Art- Painting, Photography, or just doodling. I could spend an hour or two (that's alot of time for me) Just taking pictures, or making a new watercolor painting. It's just so amazingly calming for me, and then, when I'm done, Not only am I calm, but I have something to be proud of too. Even when I'm on the computer, I usally end up making a scribble or two in Paint, Editing a picture I've taken, or browsing through DeviantArt.
KingAndré
Like many of the other people who have posted here, my main passion is music. There are so many things that it can give you: friendship, pride, an outlet for emotion, or an opportunity to lose yourself for a while. I find that one of the best feelings I ever have is reaching the climax of an amazing piece in one of my orchestras during a performance... not only are you completely engulfed in the sound to the point where it sends chills down your spine, but there is also the joy in the knowledge that you are helping to provide that same feeling for everyone else in the room.

There are so many different kinds of music and ensembles, and each one is different. And not only that, but there are also so many instruments that you can play. Talk about variety! We also can't forget about music theory... it appeals to the math geek in me. biggrin.gif

And my final reason for loving music: the band jokes. Here's one my band director and I made just a few days ago...
Director: And for tomorrow, can we look at the Bach?
Me: *turns over music* The back? But there's nothing written there!
D: Haha! To keep with the Baroque themed jokes: that's so funny, I don't think I can Handel it!

(We're both bassoon players. I think that explains everything.)
PsychWardMike
...Dork.
KingAndré
At least I'm not going to be a music major... I'm not that much of a dork. tongue.gif
Marriegold
QUOTE (KingAndré @ Sep 14 2005, 03:36 AM)
At least I'm not going to be a music major... I'm not that much of a dork.  tongue.gif

Something else I want to start learning now music. I have started to teach myself how to play the keyboard but I already do a lot of singing. Painting sounds like a good idea too. So much to learn and so little time. rolleyes.gif I can't help myself want to learn it all.
little_bear
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Sep 10 2005, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 9 2005, 10:04 PM)
And Snugs, masturbation is healthy until you die.  Anything before that is all good.  cool.gif

Does this mean that you can masturbate after you die, it's just not healthy? huh.gif

*fap fap*
*squelch*
kisah
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Sep 14 2005, 12:17 AM)
A little sore, maybe, but that happens all the time anyway. (Let's not get into the reasons for that. wink.gif )

Ah ha, and that's another passion I forgot about. Just trying to keep it clean. cool.gif
Jimmy-von-Lucidious
QUOTE (Marriegold @ Sep 14 2005, 05:45 PM)
Something else I want to start learning now music. I have started to teach myself how to play the keyboard but I already do a lot of singing. Painting sounds like a good idea too. So much to learn and so little time. rolleyes.gif  I can't help myself want to learn it all.

Yes soooo much to learn and so little time... damn why am I burning such valuble time in this forum?? Oh well bugger it I still have to decide exactly what carrier I should go in to! Something to do with anything perhaps...
depressed lonely crazy person
Oh well bugger it I still have to decide exactly what carrier I should go in to! Something to do with anything perhaps...

Taxidermy??
Pathology?
Music critique?
Wiseacre
Burning Man (burningman.com). If anyone asks me a question about it I can't stop going on. I have been there for 8 consecutive years and a lot of my year goes into preparing and designing things for my Burning Man experience.
Velvet

BSL (British sign Language) I can sign for hours at a time and not get bored, I love teaching it too, it's given me something to focus so much of my time on. biggrin.gif

Psychology.

Animals.

Meeting new people.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Velvet @ Sep 18 2005, 02:16 PM)

BSL (British sign Language) I can sign for hours at a time and not get bored, I love teaching it too, it's given me something to focus so much of my time on.  biggrin.gif

I have always wanted to learn BSL. I've always thought that it is probably more useful than learning a foreign language. I should really get on it, and find myself a course.
Velvet
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Sep 18 2005, 08:09 PM)

BSL (British sign Language) I can sign for hours at a time and not get bored, I love teaching it too, it's given me something to focus so much of my time on.   biggrin.gif

I have always wanted to learn BSL. I've always thought that it is probably more useful than learning a foreign language. I should really get on it, and find myself a course.

Hey, it's great that you are interested in learning BSL, check it out at a local college, it's great fun too.
Very handy in crowded places if someone you know can sign, saves you shouting.
I say go for it !!
smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Hmm..... this give me an idea for dealing with my lack of hearing when I go to night clubs (completely selfish I know but it'd give me a reason to do it)
Velvet
QUOTE (Cath @ Sep 19 2005, 10:21 AM)
Hmm..... this give me an idea for dealing with my lack of hearing when I go to night clubs (completely selfish I know but it'd give me a reason to do it)

I don't think learning it for this reason is selfish at all, it will come in very handy and it's a great chance to learn a new skill.
Go for it !!
Calantyr
I just remembered a weird passion I have. I like studying the history of the Byzantine Empire, especially Constantinopolis.

Yeah... theres something incredibly romantic (aha!) about the place. It truly was the jewel of the world for a long time.

*shrugs* I have to visit Istanbul someday. Nothing shall stop me.

Errr... oh yes, and obligatory piraty talk: 'Tis being a mighty fine place to ply the pillage trade. Let us be lootin' the women and fondlin' the houses! Arrrrrrrrr!
Jimmy-von-Lucidious
QUOTE (Cath @ Sep 19 2005, 08:21 PM)

laugh.gif Great idea but I don't know how effective it would be, hey perhaps that could be a new cultural movement for the further development of communications. I hate having to cry in to peoples ears just to be heard.
Cath Sparrow
Thing is with me really have to scream for some reason I become virtually deaf in night clubs (apart from the music obviously) at the Glasgow meet Froggy ended up dragging me into the mens loo's in the Cathouse so she could tell me something.

That's another one Mata meets I always have such a blast at them.
Wiseacre
Oh, another passion I have is hooping, as in hula hooping (only I don't use kids hoops, I use adult trick hoops). I also have begun fire hooping, which involves 8 wicks attached to the outside of the hoop which are dipped in white gas and lit on fire. It's certainly an adrenaline rush, especially around the neck!
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 9 2005, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Sep 8 2005, 04:30 AM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 7 2005, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (kisah @ Sep 7 2005, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Sep 6 2005, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Sep 6 2005, 07:44 PM)
Oh, and wanking. *nods*

That's pretty much a given for any bloke, tbh.

mad.gif

Girls like wanking too!

/me seconds that.

Lies!

Personally I probably masturbate just as much, if not more, than most guys. The joys of being unable to get laid. laugh.gif

Ditto. Currently being laid or not, ladywanking = fun.

To be relevant, though? Anything that has to do with psychology, art, writing, aesthetecism .. things like that. I'm a big geek for character design. Mm, psychology and writing combined..

I guess, the thing is, I really love people - I genuinely do. I tend to be very empathetic with them as well, which is why I can't watch movies that get you into a character and then, you know, kill them off. But, yeah, there's nothing more than a .. person, I dunno. That sounds weird and stuff, but it's part of why I'm even here. There are just so many great people. tongue.gif

/mush
spiffilicious05
Plain and simple. Crew.

And if I'm not rowing then music.

These are the only two things that I'm really, really passionate about in my lfie.
heavenlychild_87
What sets you off?

[/quote]

the thing that i just love so much more than anything in the world is helping people! i love to give them advice , help them run errands, ummm i love to assist them im babysitting little kids! theres this one lil girl who im fond of whom i love to babysit her name is breanna. she is 4 yrs old and she says lets play ring around the rosie so we do that then she says swing me in the air really fast so i do that with her a few times!
i guess what im passionate about is kids! i love them to death! i love to read to them, buy them lil gifts,play games with them! kids have always been a passion of mine and it is something that i intend to cling on to from here on out
Daria

BSL (British sign Language) I can sign for hours at a time and not get bored, I love teaching it too, it's given me something to focus so much of my time on.  biggrin.gif

Do you mean teach as in to your friends, or as in you can teach it at grade level?
It's useful when you are at gigs as well- the lead singer on The Undertones was very amused at my friend and I signing to each other during their set biggrin.gif
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (Daria @ Oct 4 2005, 01:32 PM)

BSL (British sign Language) I can sign for hours at a time and not get bored, I love teaching it too, it's given me something to focus so much of my time on.   biggrin.gif

Do you mean teach as in to your friends, or as in you can teach it at grade level?
It's useful when you are at gigs as well- the lead singer on The Undertones was very amused at my friend and I signing to each other during their set biggrin.gif

dude you are in a band?
biggrin.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
I don't know if she is or not but she meant while seeing them.
Daria
I save the world each day, by making sure I don't do anything musical... It might turn a few graves biggrin.gif
No, Teapot's right- I was at one of their gigs.
You mean you've never heard of The Undertones?
Pfft! Children these days...
Velvet
QUOTE (Daria @ Oct 4 2005, 07:32 PM)

I teach it at grade level - unit C to a class and I have taught my few close friends all that I know in Sign Language too. smile.gif

So, I take it you know Sign Language too, very cool, what level you at etc?
Daria
I took my level 1 in June, and passed biggrin.gif
I would be doing level 2, but there aren't any intermediate courses close enough for me to go to, and by the time came to do the exam, I will hopefully be in America on a gap year!
I do help out occasionaly with a "community club" which organises weekly events for disabled people in the area, but I can't practice signing there as none of them are deaf. I could go to the local deaf club, but it clashes with me having to babysit while my mum goes to a writing course, so I don't really have any way of using it apart from at gigs biggrin.gif
Velvet
WOW!

*Doesn't feel like a teacher anymore*
huh.gif blink.gif

Your freaking more experienced than me.

I started level 1 September this year!

Anyhow well done for passing level 1 and have a great gap year if you get to go.
*Hugs*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.