Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for advice for a friend
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
crystal_tears321
I have a friend who will do something like go up and get ready for bed and then she will find herself a couple of hours later somewhere else in her house. She has told me about this happening a couple of times. I was just wondering if this might be a symptom of some sort of disorder that anyone here might know of.
trunks_girl26
Off the top of my head, this sounds like (and don't hold me to this until there's further informaiton) it may possibly be multiple personality disorder.

But, I cuold be wrong, so let me ask some questions.

1. Does she rememebr nothing between those periods?
2. How regularly does she have gaps in her memory and/or have situations like that? (How many times a day, at the same time of day, etc...)
beleraphon
sleepwalking?
Mata
Yep, that sounds like sleep walking to me:

http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic638.htm

It's nothing to be worried about really, but going to a doctor to get checked out might be a good idea. If she's blanking out and going for walks before she even reaches bed then she should definitely go see a professional.
crystal_tears321
In responce to trunks_girl26 she remembers nothing between the periods and I have no idea how often it happens as she doesn't tell me much anymore unless I specificaly ask and she is getting sick of my 'concerned advise.'
I would also like to clarify that this does happen at night. More often in the afternoon before she has even considered going to bed.
Thanks for the responces. I am worried about her and apreciate the ideas on what could be happening.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.