Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A moment of introspectiveness
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Calantyr
I seem to post my opinion on these boards a great deal. You only have to look in the Issues forum to see that I have one on just about everything. Now I do not think this is a bad thing, we should think about everything around us. Oh wait, that's another opinion!

But do I give the impression that I actually have any understanding of what I talk about? Is there intelligence behind my words or is it merely hor air? I'd appreciate your opinion on this. Well those who have read my posts in the past anyway, don't force yourself to if you havn't already. biggrin.gif

This isn't an ego-trip moment, I really do wonder what others impressions of me are. I know I can come out with some complete wank sometimes. It's just that recently I have bene posting in Issues a whole damn lot... possibly more than is healthy! Oh well.

Hmm... maybe this should be in Daily Life. Or how about Drunken Ponderings? Time for a new sub-forum perhaps?
little_bear
You come across a pretty damn smart, cogent, lucid kinda guy. You're alright in my book, Calantyr - I like you.

Ooo, do me now. _

EDIT: I should stress, I am not gay. Much.
I_am_the_best
Don't worry. To me, you come across as intelligent and opinionated. Although I don't post often in Issues, I do lurk there and your replies always set me thinking and sway me slightly from where I stand.
Daria
Yes, is the answer. But it is coming from someone who probably comes across as someone who thinks she knows it all, but doesn't.
Which I'm not. I really do know it all... biggrin.gif
artist.unknown
No, definately not. I always read your posts (I admit, I tend to skip around a bit when I'm lazy). Of course, like Daria, I have to admit to some overopinionated know-it-all tendencies myself. Eep. Now you'll make me neurotic about this, too. Oh, la.
pgrmdave
You do seem to know what you are talking about, use logic well, and you aren't belligerent about your opinions. And what's wrong with posting in issues a lot? I spend nearly all my time there.
depressed lonely crazy person
I like people who have opinions.
I like it when they're obviously clever as you are.
And as such I envy you for your ability to comunicate your thoughts in text better than I can (which is frustrating).
Calantyr
Erm... thanks for all the kind words guys. Even though I'm obviously great and everything (ahem) sometimes I think too much about stuff like this.

I must confess I'm a bit embarressed, I probably should stay off the 'net when drinking.

And Lil' bear, any time big boy.
*ahem*
Astarael
You come across as intelligent and thoughtful to me. There's nothing wrong with sharing opinions, and you do so in a coherent and polite manner. Your posts are usually good for a decent thinking-over and you tend to have reasonable points. Your main problem is that freakish new avatar. The bloody thing keeps scaring me when I look at it suddenly. laugh.gif Bring back the one of you, either the regular one or the pirate gear, I liked both of those. Arrrrr!
Sir Psycho Sexy
There are a lot of people on these forums, who, when I read their posts, I tend to think "they're quite clever, and know stuff, best not post here or I'll look like a fool"*, you're one of them.

*this doesn't always stop me, and for that, I apologise.
Jonman
You often put me in mind of a gnome statue, covered in butter and deep-fried. Odd, greasy and not something I'd like in my mouth.

Only joshin'. You at least give the impression of being smart. Which either means you are smart or you're a decent blagger. Either is good.
Calantyr
QUOTE (Jonman @ Sep 29 2005, 09:29 PM)
You often put me in mind of a gnome statue, covered in butter and deep-fried. Odd, greasy and not something I'd like in my mouth.

Nah, that's pretty accurate I'd say.

Only joshin'. You at least give the impression of being smart. Which either means you are smart or you're a decent blagger. Either is good.

You play my emotions like a yo-yo!

I can blag with the best of them. I'm just a loud-mouthed opinionated wanker, it's just my ability to spell that wins people over. *nods*

Either that or I'm a genius. Muahaha. Yeah, I'll go with that one.
elphaba2
You strike me as a clever, but not cutting person. Compassionite and all that, I suppose. A smart person with somewhat gothy tendancies, and a very fetching habit of photographing himself in candlelight.

And oh my! Your spelling gives me goosebumps.
Astarael
You are now approaching perfection here. The new av is awesome, and I'm trying to figure out if you took it by candlelight. Anyway, you're one of the calmest people on here. I can't remember the last post I read where you lost your temper, which puts you on a very short list. Everyone* here is great, but tempers tend to flare. Nice hat in the av. biggrin.gif

*Almost all of the people- there is the occasional exception
Usurper MrTeapot
Personally. I think your a twat. *smile*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I never take you too seriously - I've seen your bum. tongue.gif laugh.gif
uninspired pizza guy
Indeed you are a person of great opinions, and you posses the ability to change my view on topics, a difficult feat for most.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.