Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She says I don't love her
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
torn love notes
I tell her I love her, I do everything for her. Yet she doesn't understand how much I love her. I believe ohters probably have had the same problem. Any advice? unsure.gif
tv with legs
perhaps you should be more specific on your problems with "her"
from what i read, it seems like there is something more you need to do for "her" to see that you love her.
Ashbless
Simply be there.
Have your own interests, friends, and hobbies and give her the same space but if she wants you around then be there. Give her time, the odd present, and interest yourself in what she's doing. If she's telling you about what's going on with her and you're scoping out the breasts of the chicky at the next table then your ladyfriend isn't feeling love for you - she's feeling she ought to thump you one.

Listen to her, treat her opinions as important, and just be there.

If you're complaining because she's not putting out, no matter what you say, then she's pegged you as an idiot who's only interested in her body. I'd say she's probably right and good for her. You go girl!
tongue.gif
Astarael
Talk it out with her. If you understand why she thinks that you don't love her, perhaps you can straighten the mess out with a few words of truth about how much you love her and why. That came out a bit muddled, but I would suggest a nice long talk and some thought about whether you should be together.
Witless
Advice so far has been all well and good.. and I'm not saying that he shouldn't do these things. But lets face it.. sometimes it's not always going to be the fault of the person that is saying the words "I love you". There are people that are too skeptical or too untrusting, or worse yet, not confident to believe that someone would love them.
There are people in the world that just don't believe a good thing has come their way when it does. Only thing I could say is build up her confidence about herself.
PsychWardMike
Simple. DUMP HER. Don't be with someone who treats you like crap or doesn't love you back. Don't base yourself around having a significant other - validate yourself FIRST. You should be more concerned about yourself and less about her anyway.
pgrmdave
You should be more concerned about yourself and less about her anyway.

I disagree - love precludes self-centeredness, whether that self-centeredness is good or bad. I will agree that he should be careful with putting too much of his self-worth on someone else, but I think that it is healthy to do that to a degree.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 28 2005, 02:06 AM)
Simple.  DUMP HER.  Don't be with someone who treats you like crap or doesn't love you back.  Don't base yourself around having a significant other - validate yourself FIRST.  You should be more concerned about yourself and less about her anyway.

Without attempting to see if there's a way to help the relationship, that's a bit harsh, Mike.

Yes, if you find there can't be anything done to strengthen the relationship, then you should move on. But don't just 'dump her' without trying other options first.
Don'tMakeMeBiteYou
I agree with Witless, she may have confidence problems and find it difficult to believe anyone could love her, or is untrusting. I was the same way, and I spent most of that relationship terrified that if I ever did anything wrong I would be alone forever and ever and finally die in a cramped, smelly house with twenty cats.

...Although I may be exaggerating a bit.

But I think you should really talk to her about it, and do your best to convince her that yes, you do love her. Buy her flowers and take her places, be sweet, go out of your way to make her feel special.
torn love notes
No Mike, she doesn't teat me like crap.
It's all butterflies and hurricanes. You guys rock, I'll see to your advice
EvilSpork
You don't realize what end of the stick you have until you're out of a relationship, as it is said, hindsight is 20/20

It sounds as if she wants more attention. If you're giving her a lot, as it sound to me you are, it's going to be hard to change her mind about you not loving her. I've been in the situation before, and it's just so ridiculous I didn't realize how much pointless stress she was causing me until I was out of the relationship.
torn love notes
Yeah, I think I'm understanding her now. Her family treats her like that crud under a door mat. I think she's just paranoyed about her surroundings.

(I'm not sure if i spelled paranoyed right)
Pikasyuu
I really wish you the best of luck. I understand how easily miscommunication happens in a relationship, and how simple it is for feelings to get hurt. It'll take time and a lot of patience, but since you obviously do love this woman, just take it day by day and do something sincere every time you have an opportunity to make her feel like she's an exceptional person in your eyes. It may take a while, but eventually (hopefully), she'll start to realise how valued she is in your eyes. Again, good luck!
Sir Psycho Sexy
Just don't get all scary and obsess, or fill her room with flowers and chocolate, or follow her places without her knowing, that's sorta frowned upon. wink.gif tongue.gif
torn love notes
Yeah sexy, I find that material possesions don't show how much you love a person. Probably shows how much money you have, but not how much love wink.gif
little_bear
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 29 2005, 09:56 AM)
Just don't get all scary and obsess, or fill her room with flowers and chocolate, or follow her places without her knowing, that's sorta frowned upon. wink.gif tongue.gif

Actually, I would argue the contrary. Do stalk her, do act all scary and obsessive. Nothing else says "I love you" quite like a good ol' bit o' stalking.

Also, chloroform is your friend.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (little_bear @ Sep 29 2005, 08:40 PM)

Actually, I would argue the contrary. Do stalk her, do act all scary and obsessive. Nothing else says "I love you" quite like a good ol' bit o' stalking.

Well you just like to be difficult, don't you?
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (little_bear @ Sep 29 2005, 08:40 PM)

*thwaps*

Please ignore the bear. Clearly he's missed his feeding time dry.gif
little_bear
*growls*
torn love notes
Wow.

//spam

I'm not sure if it's possible to spam your own topic, but i will consider this as spam.
heavenlychild_87
sweetie:
what i would do in a situation like this is spend quality time with her. for example, go to the movies with her, or invite her over for dinner. just spend some quality time with her to show her that you love her... some people prefer to see it through actions rather than hearing it from the mouth... some people have no preference of how they get the information... however, the ones that do, would probably respond better towards you if you showed them through your actions rather than just telling them...
heavenlychild_87
that is so funny...haha.... however i think eventually after he had been doing that for a while she would get a little frusterated and probably knock him upside the head or something....how funny....
heavenlychild_87
honey i agree with ashbless.. it was much better said than how i could ever tell you...so *gigglez* ignore my advice and takes his/hers.
torn love notes
Huzzah! She feels my love. I think it just took her sometime to realize that I'm not like her family wich doesn't care about her. Although my problem is sloved, i say we continue gsharing our ideas hoping to hel someone else. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.