Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commie vs Syuu
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Moosh
Y IS NOT A VOWEL!

This post was brought to you by the Campaign to Stop People Thinking the Letter Y is a Vowel.
PsychWardMike
Y IS SOMETIMES A VOWEL.

This post was brough to you by the Capaign that Y is Asexual and Can Change its Gender at Will Foundation.
Moosh
NO IT GODDAMN ISN'T

The vowels are AEIOU and only them. Y is not a vowel.
Pikasyuu
'The letter Y is inherently vacillating in its nature and usage, and consequently is sometimes a vowel, sometimes a consonant, depending upon how it is used in the name.

When determining if the Y is a vowel or a consonant, the basic rule is this:
When the letter serves as a vowel, and in fact sounds like one, it is a vowel. The same is true when the Y serves as the only vowel in the syllable. Examples of both of these cases are such names as Lynn, Yvonne, Mary, Betty, Elly, and Bryan.'

Taa daaaaa. Three vowels. :P
Usurper MrTeapot
Also, everyone word must have a Vowel. 'By' is in the dictionary, it is a word, so Y can sometimes be a vowel.
Moosh
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Oct 8 2005, 12:19 AM)
Also, everyone word must have a Vowel.

Why?

EDIT: Incidently, this was my 2000th post on the forum
Pikasyuu
'Why' is an excellent example, CM. =)
Astarael
Every word must have a vowel because we can't pronounce words made entirely of consonants. CBC is pronounced see-bee-see or kuh-buh-kuh if you're being silly. Either way, you have to insert vowels to pronounce it. We need vowels to be able to speak.
Jatopian
I concur with Astarael, and add that when we seem to use no vowels, we use the schwa, a weak vowel sound found as an inverted "e" in dictionaries.
CommieBastard
Only six posts behind! BWAHAHAHAHA
CommieBastard
Well, five now.

Actually, four.
CommieBastard
PWNED
Usurper MrTeapot
*waves his 'less than three Commie banner high and proud*

*starts to whistle Jerusalem*
Pikasyuu
Not for long, b'yotch!

*snatches Teapot's immunity 'brero for good measure, rides off into the land of Media*
PsychWardMike
Commie's up! Commie's up!

(And someone else voted for me! Show yourselves!)
Astarael
Go Commie! Run joyously into the sunset with your glamorous and significant victory! laugh.gif
froggle-rock
*does the 'Go Team Commie because I <3 you and your white man wet look hair*

Go Commie!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.