Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumped
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Tom
I've be dumped sad.gif But do you think i should get i new girlfriend or just leave it till high.
LoLo
Personally I don't think that you should get another girlfriend until you can decide whether or not you should get another girlfriend without having a poll made on a forum board, but that's just me.
little_bear
Personally, I think this question is of great magnitude and as such, I shall be giving it careful thought.
Pikasyuu
I hate to use this comparison, but think of it like a pet. If your pet dies, occasionally you'll want to run out and get a new one to replace the pain, but will later realise that since it isn't like the old one, it doesn't fix the problem. A new girlfriend isn't a bandaid. Don't go out with someone else just to make the pain stop, because that isn't fair to your relationship or the person you've recently asked out.

Go out with a new person when you like someone enough to date them. And as such, give yourself time to grieve over being dumped. Hope that helps.
EvilSpork
QUOTE (syuu @ Sep 28 2005, 03:20 PM)
I hate to use this comparison, but think of it like a pet. If your pet dies, occasionally you'll want to run out and get a new one to replace the pain, but will later realise that since it isn't like the old one, it doesn't fix the problem. A new girlfriend isn't a bandaid. Don't go out with someone else just to make the pain stop, because that isn't fair to your relationship or the person you've recently asked out.

Go out with a new person when you like someone enough to date them. And as such, give yourself time to grieve over being dumped. Hope that helps.

I support this one. I was dumped not too distantly, but not quite recently. I'm dating somebody else now and it was because I was ready and I liked her. That's what it all really depends on is what you want, not what a group of forumites think.
PsychWardMike
YOU'RE TEN YEARS OLD! You don't have the emotional or physical capabilities to make a relationship work!

EDIT: Damn caps lock!
pgrmdave
Mike, don't be a twit.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 28 2005, 10:47 PM)
YOU'RE TEN YEARS OLD!  YOU DON'T HAVE THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP!

That was quite uncalled for, imo.

But, no, you shouldn't just go and get another girlfriend. It wouldn't be fair to her if she just ends up being a replacement for your ex.
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Sep 28 2005, 11:35 PM)
Mike, don't be a twit.

Oh, but it's so much funnier when he is.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 29 2005, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Sep 28 2005, 11:35 PM)
Mike, don't be a twit.

Oh, but it's so much funnier when he is.

Agreed.

On topic (which is truly inspired - really) I don't think you should get another girlfriend. Ever. dry.gif
PsychWardMike
Snugs, agreed.
spiffilicious05
I really think that this one is up to you. It all depends on how the relationship was going. If it was going well, then you may need the time to grieve. However, if it was dwindling on then you may have seen it coming and prepared yourself for it.

There is the bandaid theory, and I agree with that whole heartedly. You should give youself time to move on and date someone because you like them -- but don't dwell on what did or didn't happen. The what if's will only kill you in the end.
Pikasyuu
Sorry to be the unfun one, but if you haven't got anything even remotely helpful to say, then please don't post simply to antagonize him. That's pointless, hilarious as it is. :)
Righteous
Well, man, here's the situation I'm in: I've been hurt thrice in rapid succession. I've decided not to even remotely pursue a relationship. This doesn't mean I'm not going to look nice or take care of myself. This does, however, mean that I've no plans to get or keep a girlfriend or boyfriend until...I dunno. Whenever. I suggest you do the same; it'll help.

I must say, you are a bit young to be worrying about that. At your age, my biggest concerns were my older sister tormenting me and having enough money for comic books. This lasted until I was fourteen. tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
YOU'RE TEN YEARS OLD!  YOU DON'T HAVE THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP!

Please Mike, you can do better, try sarcasm? tongue.gif
I wonder if lil' bear is done deliberating yet?

For twit and righteous. *tear*
oscarhilton
Why did you get dumped anyway? Wouldn’t it be a bit soon to start dating again after just being dumped?

Personally id wait till a more mature age to start getting into relationships, but thats just me.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
if you haven't got anything even remotely helpful to say, then please don't post simply to antagonize him. That's pointless,

Yeah you guys - stop mucking about and take it seriously, this poor soul needs our help!

*gigglesnort*
Mata
Given that I didn't even have my first kiss until the age of 18 I'm probably not in any position to give dating advice, but I am in a great position to ask what's the hurry? Women will be around for your whole life, but you're only young once. Enjoy that before you get involved with relationships.

Anyway, women usually like rubbish films and make you try to change your hair. *nods*
Witless
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 29 2005, 12:26 PM)
Given that I didn't even have my first kiss until the age of 18 I'm probably not in any position to give dating advice, but I am in a great position to ask what's the hurry? Women will be around for your whole life, but you're only young once. Enjoy that before you get involved with relationships.

Anyway, women usually like rubbish films and make you try to change your hair. *nods*

Yep... around our whole lives... *sighs*.. shame that..
Yeah they normally like sucky films too....
..and before slaps come my way, my doors got more locks on it than fort knox..!

Don't know why some people feel this 'need' to be in a relationship. Way more things can go wrong in a relationship than when single. So 'rushing' into one seems ultra unwise.
*thinks up a creative analogy (I'm feeling creative)*
Ok.. here it goes...

It's like going to a super market that's surrounded with a mine field, when you haven't finished all the food in your fridge yet!

*genius*
Righteous
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 29 2005, 05:48 AM)
For twit and righteous. *tear*

Your sarcasm and patronization are appreciated. dry.gif
little_bear
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 29 2005, 10:48 AM)

I wonder if lil' bear is done deliberating yet?

As a matter of fact, I have. To amply make my feelings known, I composed the following ditty, which can be heard here.

I didn't compose the song myself really. ¬_¬
MistressAlti
I think that this really ought not to be a Daily Life concern. I deliberated about putting it in Daft, but finally decided for Personal Concerns, so treat the thread accordingly. Play... nice.
heavenlychild_87
darlin, although she's dumped you, you cant wait on her hand and foot hoping she comes back. Dont let her know she is getting to you and dont let her prevent you from moving on with your life and being happy... every guy friend of mine that has been dumped by his girlfriend has come to me for advice and i tell them (if i feel it is right) that she isnt worth the pain and the bellyaching... you need to show her that she is not keeping you down that you wont allow it and then go out there and be the best person you can be. go out there with a smile on your face and act as if nothing bothers you.... it has worked with me when my boyfriend dumped me and it has worked with my guy friends when their girlfriends have dumped them

and all of them have been so much happier...so why not give it a try...i mean it cant hurt. hope you get to feeling better!! *hugz*
heavenlychild_87
lol... leave the poor kid alone...he has been hurt... *awwwwwwwwwww*
Astarael
I'm sorry that you got dumped, but you're only ten, as has been pointed out. Don't rush into a new relationship, and don't worry about dating until you're older. Relax and have fun with other things. I don't mean to be rude, but you don't need to be dating for a few more years. smile.gif
Excellent song, little_bear. Who really wrote it? I'm bad with remembering popular music.
Usurper MrTeapot
Dave Firth of Fat Pie
Tom
QUOTE (Astarael @ Oct 4 2005, 09:20 PM)
I'm sorry that you got dumped, but you're only ten, as has been pointed out. Don't rush into a new relationship, and don't worry about dating until you're older. Relax and have fun with other things. I don't mean to be rude, but you don't need to be dating for a few more years.  smile.gif
Excellent song, little_bear. Who really wrote it? I'm bad with remembering popular music.

Well I got dumped weeks ago. Oh yes i something else to say i've got a new girlfriend,and my old one has got a boyfriend my best friend!
oscarhilton
*gasp*

Thats a shame.
Akis_angel
arent you, like, killing your best friend?
dont you feel second best?

well...anyway...good. luck with the new victim!

haha!
eighthweasley
You're far too young to be dating, so I really don't see what the problem is! Sorry little one, but really now, you're starting too young.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.