Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting mummy outta my hair
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
heavenlychild_87
dude like i wish i had 5 minutes away from my mother she drives me ca-ray-zay!
like ill be doing something then she be like get over here pronto i need you to do something and i say just a minute! she goes no i need you and i need you now... i got so mad at her this one time i was on the verge of pulling my hair out.... she and i are not close at all...simply because she is always griping me and my sister kasey out im all like SHUT UP!
little_bear
Dude, like, you gotta like totally just, like, chill.
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (little_bear @ Oct 1 2005, 12:32 PM)
Dude, like, you gotta like totally just, like, chill.

*sigh* .....chilling is like not on my to do list when she is on my case 24/7... i mean i never get a break from her! do this do that do this and this and that and that... im all shut up already and leave me the crap alone im locking myself in my room now mama adios
Phyllis
Is she verbally or physically abusive? Or does she just want you to actually help out with things around the house rather than just sitting there like a lump?

If it's the latter, then sorry sweetie, but she's in the right. You should get some free time...but it's completely reasonable for her to want you to do chores.
Wookiee
Do you have a deep chest freezer? The sort you could fit a whole person in, if properly segmented?
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 1 2005, 01:31 PM)
Is she verbally or physically abusive?  Or does she just want you to actually help out with things around the house rather than just sitting there like a lump?

If it's the latter, then sorry sweetie, but she's in the right.  You should get some free time...but it's completely reasonable for her to want you to do chores.

candice she and i have gotten in so many badass fights its unreal we are not close at all...and its partially because she wants me to do something around the house and i say ok i will do it in a minute and she goes "NO YOU NEED TO DO IT NOW!"
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 1 2005, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 1 2005, 01:31 PM)
Is she verbally or physically abusive? Or does she just want you to actually help out with things around the house rather than just sitting there like a lump?

If it's the latter, then sorry sweetie, but she's in the right. You should get some free time...but it's completely reasonable for her to want you to do chores.

candice she and i have gotten in so many badass fights its unreal we are not close at all...and its partially because she wants me to do something around the house and i say ok i will do it in a minute and she goes "NO YOU NEED TO DO IT NOW!"

but also i guess theres times i just need to shut mymouth and do what i am told when i am told no questions asked
Pikasyuu
Okay. You have to understand, almost no teenage girl gets along with her mother. At all. My mother and I have actually thrown furniture at eachother and gotten into physical fights, and we still seem to like eachother. Most female forumites have also experienced some dislike of their mother at at least some point in time. Usually once you grow up and get some time apart, the hostility dwindles and you may even become very close with her. It's understanding that she does have to be the parent, and just because she is one doesn't mean she's going to be right one hundred percent of the time.

Parents are just as flawed as children. They're human beings. Mind, they do have the experience of age on their hands, but it's not like having a child will turn you into some perfect role model. No matter how much a mother loves their offspring, they're still prone to a few accidents, just as any human being is.

So try to be understanding and patient, and it should all work out. :) Give it a few years.
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (syuu @ Oct 1 2005, 01:39 PM)
Okay. You have to understand, almost no teenage girl gets along with her mother. At all. My mother and I have actually thrown furniture at eachother and gotten into physical fights, and we still seem to like eachother. Most female forumites have also experienced some dislike of their mother at at least some point in time. Usually once you grow up and get some time apart, the hostility dwindles and you may even become very close with her. It's understanding that she does have to be the parent, and just because she is one doesn't mean she's going to be right one hundred percent of the time.

Parents are just as flawed as children. They're human beings. Mind, they do have the experience of age on their hands, but it's not like having a child will turn you into some perfect role model. No matter how much a mother loves their offspring, they're still prone to a few accidents, just as any human being is.

So try to be understanding and patient, and it should all work out. smile.gif Give it a few years.

................... heh...........dude years?? i will have lit myself on fire and be dead in a few yrs if im not out of this house
heavenlychild_87
QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 1 2005, 01:41 PM)

So try to be understanding and patient, and it should all work out. smile.gif Give it a few years.

................... heh...........dude years?? i will have lit myself on fire and be dead in a few yrs if im not out of this house

i am not happy here at all. so if i have to stay here longer than necessary i will lose my freaking mind
little_bear
QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 1 2005, 08:41 PM)

Please, don't let that stop you.

_

Am I a bad person?
Wookiee
QUOTE (heavenlychild_87 @ Oct 1 2005, 08:41 PM)
i will have lit myself on fire and be dead in a few yrs if im not out of this house

Oh, thank Christ for that.
Pikasyuu
Oookay. Heavenly, since a lot of your recent topics have descended into not so nice places, and you've already gotten advice, I'm closing this one and hoping the others will eventually taper off into blissful silence. As for the rest of you, seeing as personal concerns *is* a place for topics like this, try not to jump on her at every opportunity, hn?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.