Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signatures
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Kitty
biggrin.gif You remember that! I forgot about that. I'm sooo waiting for this years good snow to come by! Except I never got a new swimsuit so the pictures will probably look the same.... huh.

Anyhow, that's generally speaking. When I do something I think is cool/fun/weird I tend to tell everyone about it....
Astarael
I changed the first quote because the bells were getting boring and I love that quote. (It's from Sandman, my favorite comic/graphic novel set.)
Star_of_Lei
A quote from Ghandi that the opposing debate team in english today used, but as you can see, we still won. Ha
I_am_the_best
Because Plato said it.
Mutilation
Mines a line from The Drowners by Suede. Because it's the first Suede song I heard smile.gif
elphaba2
QUOTE (Star_of_Lei @ Jan 12 2006, 12:59 PM)
A quote from Ghandi that the opposing debate team in english today used, but as you can see, we still won. Ha

This is unnatural.

I just returned from a debate. In which an english teacher advocating the death penalty used the quote. And he lost.

Cripes, girl, have you a time machine and a Magical Person Locator?

And in other news, my signature belongs in the husky tones of Karen O, moaning through the last verse of "Modern Romace". It's very art-hip-in--the-year-2000 of me.
artist.unknown
Mine because...well, how can you not respect someone who made it all the way through grade school with a name like Tennessee?
The Travis
I had to update mine, because a quote like this can NOT go unnoticed by the world.

Awwww yeah.
voices_in_my_head
"I have to make up a life motto before class starts..."
"Don't eat yellow snow?"
"no."
"Belive in yourself?"
"no!"
"Life sucks then you die?"
"Perfect"

Mine's from a conversation me and some friends when one of them had to come up with her life motto for her Skills for Living class.

She kept saying no to all of the normal ones like "Sucess is getting up just one more time than you fall down." and "Your mind is like a parachute: it works best when it's Open." or anyother saying that we stole off of a motivational poster.
Righteous
Well, since I have a buttload of links, I decided to consolidate. As for the sentence, it's a reference to my drunken Welsh aunt who tries to convince people she's English. I wanted to put something about a Jamaican Chinese/Welsh woman trying to tell you you aren't Asian and to not tell people your family's from the Carribbean, but it doesn't flow as well.

EDIT:

I WILL CRAWL OUT OF THE DARKNESS WITH BLOOD STILL IN MY EYES!
THROUGH THIS, I WILL RISE ABOVE AND CLEANSE MYSELF OF THESE LIES!

These are a few lines I've been trying to so something with for quite a while. I like them a lot. They're inspirational.
Astarael
The lines would probably work well in a dark poem or a rock-type song. I like them. smile.gif
Righteous
Well, I am in a metal band, so I'll apply it as such.
Righteous
I decided to change from this:
I WILL CRAWL OUT OF THE DARKNESS WITH BLOOD STILL IN MY EYES!
THROUGH THIS, I WILL RISE ABOVE AND CLEANSE MYSELF OF THESE LIES!

To this:
"Come here. Come close and be near me. Stay Here. All I want is to hold you. Taste me. I need you to want me. Leave me. I don't want to want you." -"Leave Me" by Tragick the Clown and Eat the Night

This is an excerpt from the latest collaboration of Eat the Night and Tragick the Clown.

I also got rid of the Welsh joke because, though it applies to my family, I thought it might offend any Welsh forumites.
Righteous
I was thinking about equality in the United States (or the lack thereof) and decided to take a few stabs at some of the additudes keeping people from "equality."

White, heterosexual, native-born men are responsible for every problem in American society, from poverty to your own mistakes. Asians are not a minority because they all excel at acedemics at every level and enjoy any and all kinds of work. Race, skin color, religion, gender, nationality and sexuality are always a factor when dealing with white, heterosexual, native-born men. If you are not a white, heterosexual, native-born man, then you deserve special consideration for everything, unless you are Asian. All white, heterosexual, natural-born males are racist, sexist, xenophobic and homophobic. If you are of a non-white skin color, avoid proper grammer, as it is accociated with white people and is, therefore, wrong, unless you are Asian. Bisexuality is not a real sexuality; you are either gay or straight. If you are part of a minority group that has been historically persecuted, you deserve compensation, unless you are Asian. Equality in the United States can be reached only when white, heterosexual, native-born men are disempowered and subject to minority rule.
Astarael
That just about sums up several of my issues with society. I'm on the verge of cracking a molar from clenching my teeth the next time someone says "You're being mean to me because you're racist!" Stupid cop-out.
thatguy486
i loved the book band of brothers (and the mini series) and i looked up the ST. crispans(sp?) day poem and really enjoyed it.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
I doubted therefore I might have put it there because I could have...

you get the idea...
Izzy
Uh I picked my signatures because I thought it was an easy way to describe myself. "Not all goths are Satanic goat killers...But I know I am" was something I saw on a t-shirt on a website one of my buddies told me about. "I will only wear black until they make something darker" was one I saw someone on MZ use, and I thought it was cool and described me well, so I added it. Uh I can't remember my other signatures off hand, but they're all just a bunch of sayings and mottos I've heard around, or just thought of.

-Izzy
monkey_called_narth
heh... the first one would probibly be best to ask your mother about... the second line is somthing i jsut said to a freind ad weve both pasted it on every site imaginable...
Sir Psycho Sexy
Added the last line because I was looking through a few threads and listening to Offspring....seemed natural....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.