Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GF+BF
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Tom
I got a girlfriend yasterday but the thing is my best mate has gone out with my old girlfriend,but he still fancies his old girlfrind and his old is my new girlfriend and he said he wants to hit me what do i do?
MrRandomQuotes
You could always swap back, but i figure the old "snooze you loose" applies here. Anyway he lost any privelege to say what should happen to her when they broke up.

BTW why did you post this twice?
little_bear
Um, sweetie, how about you sit down with your friend and talk this out. Tell him you both have to move on, honey. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

*hugz*

Don't worry, it'll be all okay; I shall pray for you.
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (little_bear @ Oct 6 2005, 06:55 AM)
Um, sweetie, how about you sit down with your friend and talk this out. Tell him you both have to move on, honey.  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

*hugz*

He's possessed!
Usurper MrTeapot
I'm not one to encourage violence but it always works for me. Especially when I film it and submit it to Bum Fights.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Oct 6 2005, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Oct 6 2005, 06:55 AM)
Um, sweetie, how about you sit down with your friend and talk this out. Tell him you both have to move on, honey.  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

*hugz*

He's possessed!

I'm scared *hides behind FU*

Edit: Ya sorta got a love triangle going on there, how sordid! tongue.gif
Mata
Thanks for being polite LB, it's appreciated once in a while.

EDIT: Back on topic. Look, as has been mentioned before, you're very young to be getting stressed about girlfriends and suchlike. If he wants to fight then let him. Don't start it, don't bother to retaliate. What's he going to do? Punch a person who's not fighting back? Fighting is for adults and at the same time immensely immature. It's possibly the most stupid thing that people can do, but, like the tango, it takes two people to make it work.

Alternatively, if you want to be sneaky, get a recording device and offer to swap girlfriends with him. Play it back to both the girls and prove what a git he's being. That's a sneaky and immature, but very nasty and grow-up, way of doing things, but since you seem so desperate to give up on your childhood so fast maybe you'll like it.

If you're getting the impression that I don't really think any of this whole thing is a good idea then you'd be right, but you're apparently keen to burden your life with relationships as soon as physically possible (and in some respects several years sooner) so I'd suggest the passive response. Don't bother fighting him. It'll be good for him to learn that fighting is pointless (especially over women who, if they're good people, won't be impressed whether you win or lose) and for you to learn that you don't need to strike another person to win a fight.
PsychWardMike
Again. You're ten. Relax. You're too young. You worry too much.
Calantyr
I never thought I'd say this but....

Stop having a girlfriend, get back to wanking! There'll be far less issues!
PsychWardMike
He's ten. I'd be surprised if he had the physical capabilities to wank.
Calantyr
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Oct 6 2005, 11:34 PM)
He's ten.  I'd be surprised if he had the physical capabilities to wank.

..... TEN?!?!?!?!?!

Mein got...
Astarael
Yes, he is indeed ten. I was surprised too when I read his last dating thread. *shakes head* When I was ten I worried about when could have my next summer sleepover and eat pizza. *shakes head again*
Little_twit, relax. As has been said, wait a few years before you try to get into any romantic relationships. Late middle school or high school would be a better time. Don't fight your friend. All that'll happen is that you'll both get in trouble and the girls will probably dump you. Just try to enjoy elementary school while you can.
Little_bear, I have three theories about the sudden turnabout. You are:
a) genuinely trying to be nice for a change to make the mods happy
letter between a and c*) possessed by the Bluebird Demon of Happiness
c) experimenting with a very subtle form of sarcasm
d) doing this in order to freak everyone out when you can go back to normal
I'm still guessing as to which is true.
*I know it's B, but I keep getting a smiley that I don't want.
eighthweasley
Heed the voice on the wind: "TOO YOUNG, TOO YOUNG..."
Novander
QUOTE (Astarael @ Oct 6 2005, 11:41 PM)
*I know it's B, but I keep getting a smiley that I don't want.

Theres an option on the reply page to Enable emoticons, which is automatically selected. You can disable smilies by deselecting it.

And yeah, ten years old would be year 5/6, no? I remember then, vaguely. There were people in my school dating then, and there was a girl I kinda liked who kinda liked me. We held hands in assembly sometimes, I think*. So trust me when I say this: Its really not worth fighting over. It may seem like a big deal now, but like everyone says, you're not mature enough for dating to be a real issue. Wait until your older, when it means more.

*don't any of you dare even think "awww." That includes you, Sarah.
oscarhilton
I know you are probably at that turning age when 'Eeew! A boy! Lets through rocks at him!' turns into girls and boys liking each other in the way you are talking about.
Come on though, this ‘friend’ doesn’t sound like a good one if he’s willing to hit you for stealing his ‘girlfriend’ that he actually ended the ‘relationship’ with.
By the way, the quotations lead me to saying maybe reconsider dating at ten…. It’s creepy. Eat pizza and dink juice. That’s what most pre-teens do.
Besides, you say you got your ‘girlfriend’ on October 5th, a day after you posted your first message. Right? Surely it isn’t worth all the kafuffle to just end it all together with her?
Tom
mmmmmm...pizza
oscarhilton
Quite. See. there are so much better things to be thinking about.
Astarael
Especially if it's nice hot pizza with four different kinds of cheese and you can get some cold ginger ale with it. biggrin.gif
oscarhilton
MMmmmm, ginger ale.... *licks lips*

That has to be the best drink of all time... or ginger beer.
Astarael
I'm under 18, so no alcohol for another few years. I don't care much to be honest.
Fizzy ginger ale is the creation of divine inspiration. *wishes she had some ginger ale*
oscarhilton
ginger beer doesn't have to be alcoholic though.

Mmmm.... ginger ale....
Angel the Samurai Princess
Call me crazy, (or daft, whichever) but isn't ten a little young for all the dating drama?... blink.gif ...Or just ignore me. Don't mourn me, children...I'm just a newbie... rolleyes.gif
depressed lonely crazy person
FIRSTLY: he's been told all this totally valid "you're too young for dating stuff a thousand times so lets just hope he doesn't get a nasty STD in future and be done.

SECONDLY: you really do stress too much let things be till you decide to hate one another which happens quickly. My boyfriend when I was ten ended up breaking up with me because I dared him to put his penis in hot cofee which in retrospect was odd and uncalled for. unsure.gif
The Travis
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Nov 26 2005, 03:42 AM)
My boyfriend when I was ten ended up breaking up with me because I dared him to put his penis in hot cofee which in retrospect was odd and uncalled for.

THAT WAS YOU?!?!
oscarhilton
he he he
Mutilation
Never been much of a fan of Ginger Beer, but that Dry Canadian Giner Ale you get in tiny cans is awesome.

Anyway, regarding the topic at hand. Don't bother punching him, you'll probably end up hurting you hand (Seriously, that's what happened to me when I punched someone when I was younger >_>). Just speak to him about it.
ezfriday
QUOTE (little twit @ Oct 6 2005, 12:43 AM)
I got a girlfriend yasterday but the thing is my best mate has gone out with my old girlfriend,but he still fancies his old girlfrind and his old is my new girlfriend and he said he wants to hit me what do i do?

Hit each other ... then kiss and make up ... darn funny thread!

ez tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.