Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: high
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Tom
My girl friend said she doesnt want to go to the high school im going to because her ex is going there.I'm knot saying that she has to come because its up to her, but it makes me feel so depressed.I'll never really see her again.What do you think? sad.gif
Ashbless
What stops you from looking her up after school or on weekends? You can still phone your friend, yes?

Why would you stop seeing her ever if she's just at another school?
Mata
Out of interest, how old is your girlfriend? I assume she's around your age?

If she does go elsewhere then, as mentioned, you could always meet up after school. If that doesn't work then you could always try being single for a while. There's nothing wrong with that, especially when you're not even in your teens yet. I know I often come back to age when you mention your relationship issues, but I do think that you spend a lot of time worrying about such things when there are more important fun things to be doing.
Astarael
She could change her mind before it's time to graduate, her ex could have moved away, you could have broken up with her by then, or any number of things could happen. Don't worry so much about it yet. Unless your school system is very different from mine, you shouldn't worry about it for another ten months, when another school year will start. I know Mata's said this, but you are a little young to worry so much about dating and whatnot.
I_am_the_best
Just because you'll be going to different schools it doesn't mean that you'll not be able to see her anymore. I went to a different school from most people of my old school and I still see them pretty much every weekend. Also, it means that in the weekends, when you do get to see your girlfriend, it'll be more special.
Moosh
I am going to be different and provide a story that is more negative. I went to a different school to all of my friends and I haven't seen any of them for 4 years.*

*This may be because the different schools were several hundred miles away from each other
Kitty
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Oct 16 2005, 09:26 AM)
I am going to be different and provide a story that is more negative. I went to a different school to all of my friends and I haven't seen any of them for 4 years.*

*This may be because the different schools were several hundred miles away from each other

That might be a major factor tongue.gif

My new school is 15 miles away from the one everyone I grew up with is going to and I dont really see any of them anymore.

.... Not that I want to....
Star_of_Lei
I spent all of year 7 and the most of year 8 trying to keep alive this friendship I'd had since year 5. I would wait for 25 minutes, after my school had gotten out for her. Then we would walk home and I would leave them three-quarters of the way down. It worked, suprisingly. But you know the one thing I found? I was putting so much into keeping that friendship going, because I didn't fit at my school, that I wasn't putitng ANY in at school for friends there. Eventually, we had a massive fight, I stopped walking, I stopped shopping with them, I stopped emailing, I stopped putting effort into a friendship I had grown so into my vision was clouded.
But you know what? I got out my cloth and I wiped my mirror, and I've never looked back. I have best friends now, who I know are more stable and more like me than I ever did with her. Sure not everything's bright and happy, there will always be clouds, and I will always see her with the rest of the girls I knew, but while everyone else says, "Oh I would love to go back to primary school" I pick my head up and say clearly, "I wouldn't." Where as while I was still her best friend, her "twin sister" I wished every day to be back at school with her.
What I'm trying to say is don't try too hard, I know it seemes like the end of the world at the moment, but sometimes it really helps to be taken away from them. After all, if I had chosen the same school as the rest of my primary school I wouldn't have grown up, and I wouldn't have the friends I have, and that might become the same thing for you. You never know if your going to meet a knew girl at high school that you like better. 'Coz I sure as hell like my new friends more.
Tom
RIGHT!WILL EVERYONE STOP SAYING 'YOUR TO YOUNG FOR A GIRLFRIEND'!I cant help it if girls fancy me and i fancy them.So maybe i wont bother put my problems on these forums because even if i do i wont get enywhere will i.
little_bear
QUOTE (little twit @ Oct 16 2005, 07:17 PM)
RIGHT!WILL EVERYONE STOP SAYING 'YOUR TO YOUNG FOR A GIRLFRIEND'!I cant help it if girls fancy me and i fancy them.So maybe i wont bother put my problems on these forums because even if i do i wont get enywhere will i.

Calm down little underscore twit. We are here to help you; please do not shout at us. You are quite welcome to post your problems on this forum.
Mata
QUOTE (little twit @ Oct 16 2005, 06:17 PM)

You did ask us what we think, and I gave you an honest response.

My main thought basically runs like this: you've only just started going out with her, if you're determined to see her you will find a way, if you can't see her then it didn't take you very long to get over the last girlfriend so perhaps this one will be the same.

As for the age thing, my point is that you take it all so seriously. Fancy as many girls as you like, but don't start letting relationships get you 'depressed'. That's the word you used in your first post of this thread and it's a very strong term to use. This is unlikely to be the last relationship that you ever have, so lighten up and see where the wind blows you. Don't go letting these things weigh you down so much. It's good that you want to take care of your relationships, but I'm just suggesting that you try to keep a bit of perspective on things and not let them get you down. You will probably have many get-togethers and break-ups in the future which will give you plenty of chances to be depressed then, for the moment just relax and see how things turn out. Anyway, if as many girls fancy you as you say then you won't have any problems finding someone else if your current girlfriend can't stay with you!
Star_of_Lei
Twit, I know it's hard, hell, I got into that mentality mode of thinking that this boy not liking me would be the end of all things as I know them. But after posting on here and getting sound advice I'm fully over him and have gotten back into previous thinking, all boys suck, I can't be bothered with them.
Sure no one ever wants to be told their too young, and fine, you're not, heell I go to a different school to the one my boyfriend from yr 6 goes to. By this time we had broken up but I still couldn't quite imagine life without him.
If you really want it to work, it will, just be patient (yeah, that other famous phrase) and everything will right it's way, if it doesn't just be glad you knew her at all.
Espynwislyn
Well, littletwitt, you've just got to ask yourself, is it worth the extra effort? I can most certainly understand if you realy do fancy this girl, in which case you should try to see her. If, you can't then that is that. No use getting deppressed because of something you can't change, right? (Although I'm hardly one top be giving out relationship advice)
Tom
im not getting deppresed!
oscarhilton
QUOTE (little twit @ Oct 20 2005, 03:37 PM)
im not getting deppresed!

Humm, Iím a bit confused here. Did you or did you not post this? "but it makes me feel so depressed"

Aaah I remember that age. Your10 yes? Maybe 11? - I remember relationships only lasting 45 minuets...
Phyllis
QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Oct 20 2005, 08:54 AM)
Aaah I remember that age. Your10 yes? Maybe 11? - I remember relationships only lasting 45 minuets...

I remember playing tag, climbing trees, and getting into snowball fights with neighborhood kids (rather than dating them) at that age.

Though I do remember people who "dated" when I was 10 as well. I'm trying really hard to not sound condescending here, but Twit...the chances of you meeting your one and only at age 10 are slim to none. At your age, most people bounce back from their relationships within a week. And if she IS a wonderful match with you...then going to separate high schools won't matter.

Either way, it'll work out. And I have to say I'm glad I climbed trees at that age. Being a kid rocks...no need to rush to grow up just yet. You'll probably regret it in the future. But don't feel obligated to take our advice...we've just, you know, all been 10 before. And I'm sorry, but from this perspective, looking back at when I was 10...even contemplating a serious relationship at that point in my life would've been more like playing house than dating. But maybe that's just me...
Star_of_Lei
^ You had a cool childhood.

I remember relationships but I also remember tham not being the end of the world.
oscarhilton
I have to say i still have fun climbing trees. Do you want to through that way?

See how it goes anyway.
Star_of_Lei
*looks around and starts to think has had deprived childhood*

I have probably climbed a tree once in my life if that much!
oscarhilton
Theres never the right cimbing tree. Its eather too weak, to high, to low, to sharp, to smoothe, GAH! why?
Star_of_Lei
Maybe because we weren't meant to climb trees? After all if we were what would be the point of monkeys? Are they supposed to be our minions? Oooooooooooooo! Monkey Minions! Yay!
oscarhilton
WHOO!

So yeah, Twit, CLIMB SOME TREES!
Star_of_Lei
Tree climbing helps make you a more rounded person. That explains why I'm like how I am.
Mata
I went through a tree climbing phase when I was about 18. The best trees to climb were in a park that was locked at night, so a friend and I would climb over the fence, go to the top of the park and climb adjacent trees, then sit at the very top of the canopy, having a tree-to-tree conversation while swaying in the wind. It was great fun!
Espynwislyn
Hmm, I remember climbing a tree once. It was great fun! I can home, though and found my stomach all scratched up by the bark. Never again...

Whenm did this become the official tree-climbing thread?
pgrmdave
Tree climbing is fun! But most of my friends don't like to, so I haven't done it in a long time.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Espynwislyn @ Oct 26 2005, 02:42 PM)
Whenm did this become the official tree-climbing thread?

I am not sure! I just mentioned it while talking about actually behaving like a kid, because it's something I used to do when I was that age.

What have I started?!
Star_of_Lei
You've created a monster.

I think I need to start climbing trees.
oscarhilton
Trees are horrible to fall from. I fell from this really tall tree in this park near me, Richmond Park, and Iíve never had the guts to go up another tree since then. I had some huge gash. Aggh.
Astarael
Before she moved, my grandmother had four pine trees in her front yard. Each was about fifty feet tall. Most of them had low branches that were too high to reach, but there was one that my cousins and I could pull ourselves onto if we jumped and helped each other up. We had great time climbing to the top and freaking our parents out with how high up we were. I miss that tree so much. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.