Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
froggle-rock
Hey all, I'd like to propose a London meet some time soonish (between nowish and thenish, basicaly).

I'm going to say one Saturday when the most of us is avaliable, including of course my dear e-hubb-e Commie who deserted me for an edumacation. (<3 you really, hun).

So, Camden + pub + club. And I want to slip in some punk rock karaoke. Will dig up the link and edit laterz, j0!

Yease. Any particular dates that cannot be done,please post, or dates people will definatly be around, please post. Polo, you to darling must, must be in London, if of course you wish to grace us with your unifiyed presence.

Tara my dear, if you'll be comming down, I should hopefuly be able to spot you a patch of floor, but I can't promise space for any others, tis a small place I be living in.

Nanight for now, hope you all have sweet dreams of fluffy sheep.
Mata
Currently you can colour me massively skint (to the point of having to budget strictly to buy food and pay rent) so it's a safe bet I can't make anything in the next few months unless there's a real shift in the financial tides for me. Sorry!
Smiler
YAY London Meet time again. While I am, as always, up for a meet I too am in skint land. No job and new rent installment in life means that I should be able to go to the pub but doubt any further on in the night.

Date wise I'm generally quite flexible, gotta pop up to Liverpool in a few weeks but should be there so long as there's no clash.

On the bright side new place means a room about 3 times the size so I may be able to put up a bod or two.
CommieBastard
There's no specific weekend I can't get myself down to London Town, at least that I can think of off the top of my head smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Drink and Matazonians. I'm there. Just tell me when and where.
Tarantio
Although the offer is very much appreciated, I'm afraid I'm not going to be making a london meet any time soon. I've recently gone and got myself a job, so my time is now the part of me that is in short supply (as opposed to the usual money). I'll be looking into getting some time to visit next year, but I'm afraid autumn and winter are all out for me. <sadface>

I'm sure I'll be there in spirit, though, every time someone remarks that there's an odd smell... wink.gif
Faerieryn
OK most weekends are ok for me too but I too am in the land of the mature and skint (can anyone say mortgage payments?) Also the weekend of the 12th is not good for me as I'm visiting friendykins (and so are you too Smiler!!!) If we wanna be really quick about it next week is half term so the weekend after that (last in october) which is also halloween weekend could be really cool

Other than that I'm laughing
Smiler
ould be cool but would exlude me i think sad.gif Could show my face but I cant be dringking water in a pub after walking back & forth wink.gif heehee

Forgot about the 12th but Mid-Late Nov should be cool
markslut
Would give me a use for the voucher Great Western gave me for fouling up my last London trip

/me thinks If I go South West Trains (slow, stops everywhere but cheap) I can go to London for 5
Faerieryn
so when we meeting then?
Cath Sparrow
Yes the 12th of Nov is definatly out! *glares at people threateningly*
Calantyr
Name the time and place and I'll be there. Yeah, my social life is THAT busy at the moment. biggrin.gif
Smiler
Dont let this one die people. I can now do all day Saturday as I'm in M-F 9-5 corporate beeeatchdom

I'm nominating SATURDAY 26th Nov / Saturday 3rd Dec

Gives some planning time AND work release notice hopefully.
Yay or Nay?
{Gothic Angel}
*Counts down to 18th when she will be free to drag herself to anywhere in the country for meets*

4 months...
markslut
Maybe - I now have an extra 40 of rail vouchers on the way from Virgin (after their Voyager suffered "mechanical problems")
Faerieryn
1st weekend in Decemeber is better for me as the other weekend is just before my sisters birthday
MrRandomQuotes
Ooo I could get to meet some of you crazy people biggrin.gif
Although I'm assuming this is ment mainly for the older matazonians (ie those that can legally drink in pubs)?
froggle-rock
Hey guys.

Neither this weekend, nore the one after are any good for me. If yous want to set a date after that (a Saturday'll prolly be best), please do. I'm not on the forum enough, I don't feel.

Mr RQ, drinking of alkimohol will be involved, but you are welcome to meet us before hand as some of us will prolly be in Camden (I assume) petitioning shop owners to stock Mata's gear wink.gif before moving on for drinkypoos.
Mata
There's no point in asking them to stock my stuff these days. The production costs are too high per item for me to be able to make any profit on selling them sad.gif [EDIT - Wholesale to shops, that is.]

Anyway, I suggest you guys pick a date at some point in the future, and whoever can make it goes along. It won't be everyone, but at this time of year it rarely is possible to please all the people all the time, and there can always be another one in January or February.
Smiler
Cool - Shall we say December 3rd then eveyone?
froggle-rock
Sure doos.
Overfriendly_Kitten
Could someone please sticky this post...

So far it looks like December 3rd in Londinium then?
Calantyr
Someone gimmi money so I can come!
froggle-rock
Does that mean you'll be joining us, Overfriendly Kitten?
Faerieryn
I will be there although it is likely that I will be skint
CommieBastard
I'm a bit sick of the World's End, to be honest - they play their music far too loud. Anybody else have a good pub to recommend? One everybody can find easily?
Calantyr
The Marlborough Head is pretty good. Halfway between Bond Street tube station and Marble Arch. Gargoyles, skulls, that sorta thing.
froggle-rock
There is also the Pit and Pendulem's counterpart just off of Oxford Street. Ben What'shisface Tavern I think it's called. I was getting a bit bored of the World's End too. Funily enough, in the three odd years I worled in Camden I think I only ever managed to drink there once.

I just check the punk rock kakroke site, but they don't have any more happening for a while. I'd liketo go to the Enterprise, in Chalk Farm, it has some Belgium beers, and I've not had a Floris Nickeyberry in a while.

Would peoplebe interested in Slime again, or maybe somewhere else?
Greeneyes
I can probably make it, schoolwork and work permitting. And I'll actually be old enough to drink this time.
Smiler
Yay, a new matazonian drinking partner.

Name the pub and I'll be there; the Eerie Pub Co one on Oxford street is fun. Maybe the Intrepid Fox but I dont know how packed it gets on a Saturday being only one of the few in that are of town. OO oo oo or maybe the Crowbar now I come to think on it, Just near Foyles Bookshop near Totenham Court Road, easy walk from Charing Cross for people neaeding the train
Faerieryn
Name the place and I'll be there. I love meeting up with you guys AND I'll be able to model my new work shirt which is sooooo cool that I have had to buy a lint roller just so I can wear it more than once without washing it!!!!! Hope you had a fantastic birthday O funky froggy!!!!
Wyvern
Well I can't promise anything but I'll do some jiggling of things and see if I can get up there. Due to work on Sunday it would only be for the day but hey to see you lot I'd even set up my own empire and overrun the world....ahem well I'd give it some serious plotting time anyways.
Cath Sparrow
Piece of advice if you go to either of the Erie Pubs (Malbourgh Head and Whatsifaces Tavern) in London dont use the sinks in the loo's just trust me on this Wyvern can also vouch for this info to. dry.gif
Mata
They do have horror sound effect tapes on loop in the toilets, is that what you're referring to?

I've been to the Marlborough Head a few times, and that's always nice downstairs.

Now I've got my shop running I might be able to afford to come along to this.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I won't be able to go BUT I know what Cath is talking about and it isn't the noises... it's something much more sinister! :o
Usurper MrTeapot
*gasp*

Might have to miss this I'm afriad, work is making me work though I could make a very late appearence if you promise to buy me b33r.
Smiler
Wow! A possible Wyvern in the O'l Smoke??? Niiiiiiice.

Need to finalise a place here. Otherwise it'll be tinies in Hyde Park and while I'm up for it, it'll be cold. I suggest that there's a consensus vote coz otherwise we'll never all meet up and wont have somewhere people will know to find us.

Gimme a PM if you want my number smile.gif
froggle-rock
When ever I have gone to the Ben Crouch at the weekend, it's always gotten quite packed. So if we want to go to either of those then I guess we get htere earlish to secure enough seating for those attending. In saying that though, pretty much any pub gets busy at the weekend.

I think the pubs in the West End will be a better bet for those having to catch transport out of London to get home. My vote goes for a West End pub.

Witless, will you be joining us?

It will be good to see you, Mata.

Teapot. I'm a bum this week, if you want to help me drink some apple cider?
Mata
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Nov 29 2005, 12:39 AM)
It will be good to see you, Mata.

No promises: it really depends on how the week goes. Currently, it's not going too well, so we'll have to wait and see.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Nov 29 2005, 12:39 AM)
Teapot.  I'm a bum this week, if you want to help me drink some apple cider?

Thats if I can go at all. But yeah, I'll bring some White Ace if I can.

I suggest somewhere which has one of these nifty new 24 hour licenses so that I can come. w00t.
Witless
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Nov 29 2005, 01:39 AM)

Witless, will you be joining us?

I think I will be, where and when are we meeting anyhows?
froggle-rock
We are voting on the location. Scroll monkey boy, scroll! As for time, I dunno 6ish/ 7ish?

May I suggest voting ends at 12 midnight GMT on Friday?
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Nov 27 2005, 09:05 PM)
*gasp*

Might have to miss this I'm afriad, work is making me work though I could make a very late appearence if you promise to buy me b33r.

Scratch that, I'll be anywhere at 9ish.
froggle-rock
/me does the yay dance!

weeeeeeeeeee

But T, where do you want to meet?
Usurper MrTeapot
Anywhere, I honestly don't mind and unless you guys want to go Local on my ass then I haven't a clue about London Pubs.

Also I propose we do Pub Golf.
Smiler
Yay for pub golf

On a slightly more sober note, i'll be showing my face but cant say for how long. Maaaaaaaaaaaaajor money crap ahs jumped all over me pounding me into poopoo land.

On a more poitive note - 8 at Ben Crouch sounds like a plan although directions are needed.
CommieBastard
Right, we've got a time, we've got a pub. Fab. See you there.
Mata
Pub info, with a tiny-but-useful map:

http://www.eeriepubco.com/pub.php/ben_crouches/

It looks like you go to the Oxford Street tube turn right at the exit and then left onto Well's Street. Easy.
Calantyr
I wish I could come, but I'm skint. Damnation!

Have fun people.
froggle-rock
I was about to enquire about directions. Thankies Mata.

Erm, plan. Set, all sorted. See you guys there.

I'll be going into town early on to get some soap, if anyone is interested PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.