Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Faerieryn
I would love to be there. NOt sure for how long though. Will be popping in at some point. If people want my number just PM me although I will be leaving the house shortly to meet smiler
Mata
'Hope you all had a good time. In the end I just couldn't afford it this close to Christmas while my finances are still on the brink of recovery. Sorry 'bout that, I'm sure you all had a good laugh anyway. All embarassing photos gratefully viewed smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
We did have fun indeed. Pictures will be up soon I think. I didn't take any, lack of camera I'm afraid.

Went drinking, as soon as I got there Smiler and Ryn left so I think I must have ponged a bit. We drank, and were about to get some things called 'Things' but they said the bar was shut sad.gif and no one would point us in the direction of a 24 hour pub so we ended up making indecent jokes about feotuses and jelly.

Word.
froggle-rock
Fetus testicles in jelly, T. tongue.gif

It was cool, I had a good few laughs biggrin.gif. A fairly small turn out, in a fairly packed pub was probably for the better. Ryn and I shared some lust and something else, but I can't remember what it is called. Witless took some pitures. Ryn took a liking to the plate our nachos were served up on: spider and spider webs printed on it. Smiler took a friend. I got to see my darling husband, who when even I am in heels, is taller than me sad.gif Then moved on to a bar a friend of mine works at where T was given the oppurtunity to be door man!

Witless does tower T and Commie, so SPS, you may have some competition wink.gif

Quote: When I was four I was expelled from Sunday school. LMFAO!
Cath Sparrow
Eerie PUbs plates are rather cool aren't they. biggrin.gif And I hope you remebered not to use the sinks. Compertion for SPS now that really scares me! blink.gif
Glad you had a good time and Ryn and Mat managed to find you. Hmm...Cath in the back of beyond of Cheshire.... Ryn and Mat on bus in London... Cath Oh that's my phone ringing... Ryn and Mat do you know where were going in London. tongue.gif
froggle-rock
Ryn and I went to the loo, and she asks 'what are they supposed to do then?'. We sat and peed for a while, then screams of 'help' and my reply of 'That'. I remember the first few times I went, my friend sand I took a while to figure out what was going on happy.gif

Not use sinks? But what if >_> hypertheticaly I got wee wee on my hands? I like the mirrors in the loo's, full lenght. Lot's of full lenght wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 4 2005, 12:29 PM)

I'm trying not to be bothered by that, but dammit Witless! Stop stealing my thunder! tongue.gif

There was a guy in the pub on Friday night, I swear, he was AT LEAST 7 feet tall!
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 4 2005, 04:03 PM)
Ryn and I went to the loo, and she asks 'what are they supposed to do then?'.  We sat and peed for a while, then screams of 'help' and my reply of 'That'.  I remember the first few times I went, my friend sand I took a while to figure out what was going on happy.gif

Not use sinks?  But what if >_> hypertheticaly I got wee wee on my hands?  I like the mirrors in the loo's, full lenght.  Lot's of full lenght wink.gif

Well if you'd used the sink you might have ended up with someone elses wee wee on your hands to.
Faerieryn
Well Smiler has no access to a computer and I have no printer ink so we couldn't get the directions up!!!

HAd a good time though. Sorry we couldm't stay longer but Matt has been feeling a bit rubbishy this week and I'm in the financial shite due to house buying etc. Was good to see everyone though
Wyvern
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 4 2005, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 4 2005, 12:29 PM)

I'm trying not to be bothered by that, but dammit Witless! Stop stealing my thunder! tongue.gif

There was a guy in the pub on Friday night, I swear, he was AT LEAST 7 feet tall!

There are persons lankier in stature than SPS??? AND they go to meets!
Oh my! ph34r.gif
froggle-rock
Not sure if Witless is taller than SPS.

Pssssst. Witless. Pictures. Linky.
Smiler
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Dec 7 2005, 11:29 PM)
Oh my! ph34r.gif

Yep, you missed out on a good knee knobelling!! heeheehee

I'm feeling better and sorry I couldnt stay longer but it was good to meet a few new faces smile.gif

hmmm, now all we'll have to do is settle on one for the new year, first meet of '07
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 8 2005, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Dec 7 2005, 11:29 PM)
Oh my! ph34r.gif

Yep, you missed out on a good knee knobelling!! heeheehee

I'm feeling better and sorry I couldnt stay longer but it was good to meet a few new faces smile.gif

hmmm, now all we'll have to do is settle on one for the new year, first meet of '07

You mean, no meets in 2006? tongue.gif

Not sure about planning to attend another meet at the moment to be honest. Due to finances and stuff only have a possible trip to Sheffield planned in January.
Smiler
dammit its that yeart change thing messing me up and meeting all week about publications in '07. Of course I mean 2006 tongue.gif you! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Not saying where or when, but, you konw just start those cogs moving people smile.gif
Witless
Hey.. sorry bout the delay.. enjoy..

Some people are such posers... tongue.gif
Pic01

Once again proving.. cameras bring on spasmic blinking.. and sir psycho sexy.. I guess you do have competition!
Pic02

Random bouncer with froggy and teapot... a random bouncer that knows me far too well now, courtesy of froggy.
Pic03

Sorry only took a few pics on the night.. was busy.. urm... drinking and discussing dead foetus'?
Forever Unknown
Aww, bless. That looks like a whole load of drunken fun.

This also explains why I saw Commie at Leytonstone station on the Saturday night.
Usurper MrTeapot
That picture with the Random Bouncer was me being the bouncer, he disappeared for a slash and left me looking after the door. w00t.
Smiler
Nice ones- shame about the hangers on in the group pic but ah, what ya gonna do?

biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
So those two random people on the left are in fact....two random people?
Usurper MrTeapot
Yeah, they saw a camera oppotunity and joined on the end. No introductions, no "please, if you don't mind." just a loud "weeeerrrrhhheeeyyyy" and that was that. We let them because we wanted to make it seem like we had more people at the meet than we actually did.

Oh and we had some guy stumble past us a few times, once with his friend with the.coolest.glasses.ever. But he thought we were going to steal them so the pretties were dragged away from us.
Pixelgoth
Sorry I missed this one as I was actually down south that weekend. Was looking after Mum. Hope you all really enjoyed yourself.

Must organise a meet ooop North next time. Manchester anyone??
froggle-rock
Sounds good. I wonder if we can book the same B&B... lalala. Birmingham would be good for me too biggrin.gif
markslut
Not going to be in the North for ages! *wonders how to get to the north while avoiding tightly packed virgin trains!*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 24 2005, 06:02 PM)
Not going to be in the North for ages! *wonders how to get to the north while avoiding tightly packed virgin trains!*

Having travelled from Manchester to Euston on a fairly regular basis since October I can safely say that the best times to travel are, obviously, outside peak times. Don't travel on Sundays either sad.gif

We haven't had a meet oop North for bleedin' ages and it's about time we did it again! Perhaps I'll pick a day, a time and a pub and just sit there and see if anyone turns up biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well that depends on your definition of up north. Nottingham's pretty far North for me. tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
So was Scotland, wasn't there but y'know.
Cath Sparrow
Afraid they are right Pixie we had 2 in Nottingham in the last year and 1 vin Glasgow so we've done North quite alot. So you'd have to do alot of persuadeing to get people up here again. biggrin.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 26 2005, 12:08 PM)
Afraid they are right Pixie we had 2 in Nottingham in the last year and 1 vin Glasgow so we've done North quite alot. So you'd have to do alot of persuadeing to get people up here again. biggrin.gif

And we had one in Manchester.
Sir Psycho Sexy
In fact, all the meets, except the London meet (which aren't full meets like the other meets so they don't count) and the one in Winchester, have been up North.

Awesome parkage in my home town which would be nice for a summer meet, but it is a little out of the way (well...it's only an hour outside London...and you can get a direct train *cough*). rolleyes.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 26 2005, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 24 2005, 06:02 PM)

Having travelled from Manchester to Euston on a fairly regular basis since October I can safely say that the best times to travel are, obviously, outside peak times. Don't travel on Sundays either sad.gif

The problem is that I'd have to go Virgin Cross Country - Having spent 6 hours on a packed 4 coach Voyager from York to Exeter following last months Whitby, I don't fancy repeating the experiance.

Also its impossible to get cheap advance tickets on Virgin
CommieBastard
Now, clearly we should have a meet in Sheffield...
froggle-rock
I'm up for a chance to see my dearly belessthanthree'ed in his newish habitat wink.gif
Faerieryn
Oooooh!!! A meet a meet a meet!!!! If we're looking for votes on really cool places why not have a coastal meet. Not near anyone I know or anything like that but It would be cool to go paddling in the sea!!!
Mata
Okay, two main requirements for meets:

Easy public transport access
Cheap accomodation

The later is really important because a lot of the costs of meets are taken up with finding places to sleep. This is one of the reasons that Nottingham has been a venue twice: members in the area have kindly allowed us to sleep on their spare beds/floors/window sills/lawns etc.

The London meets have proved to have quite a good turn out, partially because the transport situation is usually strong enough that most people can get home from there afterwards without having to find a place to stay the night (or can doze off in the corner of The Slimelight!).

When my PhD is confirmed at some point later this year then I plan to have a big party somewhere. Possibly this will be in London, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I may have family there too but I've not set any plans yet, I should probably finish editing my thesis first smile.gif.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 28 2005, 12:13 AM)
I should probably finish editing my thesis first smile.gif.

Pft, pessimist. Get your priorities straight! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 28 2005, 12:13 AM)
(or can doze off in the corner of The Slimelight!).

*cough* unsure.gif
Pixelgoth
OK people. Firstly I didn't know about the other meets as I'm not on as often as I'd like anymore what with family priorities taking over :-(

I'm not worried about how many meets you've had up North. I was simply suggesting that we have another. Nothing wrong with that is there?!? tongue.gif I vaguely remember one in Manchester happening but that was ages ago as it's been ages since I've been here and I remember that one tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.