Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The return of the Matazone shop!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
markslut
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 3 2005, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (markslut @ Nov 3 2005, 10:22 PM)
Do I really want to up my spending on Corsets this month to 300 (ebil man!)

Of course you do! Drop me a line with your measurements, they make ones specifically for men too.

And yes, I am ebil. Haven't you seen the rumours thread? It's all true, you know.

Ok what do you need? I wear girls corsets (never tried a mens one) down to a 28" waist.

I bought a beautiful chinese brocade corset at Whitby, matches one of my cheongsams and makes me rather flustered
Mata
I'll get back to you on that one on Monday when the Snobz ladies are back at work.
oobunnie
QUOTE (Kitty @ Nov 4 2005, 10:04 AM)
Technically a bodice is outerwear and a corset is underwear. A bodice's structure wouldnt be as sturdy or suitable for tightlacing and such.

Judging by the pictures, they're just ment to be worn as outerwear (the corsets are shown worn with just underwear where as the bodices are shown with jeans and such). I dont think theres a difference structure-wise.

So what your saying is that I could in fact wear the bodice as outwear there by making it pay itself off by looking more "sexy" then I normally do at work and increasing my tips. Interesting.
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 4 2005, 12:21 PM)
In the opinion of Snobz, a bodice is something with lacing up the front and the back; however, I suspect that they're not sure what the difference is supposed to be either! I've seen many many people wearing corsets as the main item of clothing, sometimes literally in respect to a trend at a London goth/industrial club a few years ago, where many women would only wear a corset and underwear.

Kitty's right though, without the front busk of a corset, a bodice give less structural support so it won't hold you so rigidly in shape.

And no, I don't really eat kitten. Puppies perhaps, but even then only evil puppies. And evil dolphins. It's okay to eat evil animals.

Technically on a technicality; by your own admission...
*sobs* It's all true... Except for the bit about the kittens. I feed the hampsters to the kittens, the kittens to the puppies and then eat the puppies.
You do.

And by my logic. What your saying is that by having less structure the bodice would be less confining for someone who isn't used to wearing one. And would there for be more comfortable. Interesting.
Kitty
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Nov 5 2005, 03:29 AM)
So what your saying is that I could in fact wear the bodice as outwear there by making it pay itself off by looking more "sexy" then I normally do at work and increasing my tips. Interesting.

And by my logic. What your saying is that by having less structure the bodice would be less confining for someone who isn't used to wearing one. And would there for be more comfortable. Interesting.

The bodice wouldnt be able to tightlace as well as a regular corset, no. But as far as comfort goes I'm not so sure either would be more comfortable. I have bodices and corsets at home, and although my bodices restrict me less, my corset is equeally comfortable unless I lace it too tight.

As Mata said, you can wear corsets as outerwear. Thats how I wear mine. The only problem is a corset (or bodice) wont last as long if you dont wear something over it. Also, technically, you should have something underneath the corset because your body oils and dirts and such will wear out the corset much faster.

Thats just care info though, well made corsets and bodices last a pretty long time no matter how you wear them tongue.gif
Mata
I know people who have worn their ones without any sort of protection of many years. I'll ask about cleaning though, that's a good point.
oobunnie
I should just be able to dry clean it right?

And I don't really need that rigid of structure. Especially not after the last 2 months of fun in Yoga class.
My only problem now besides deciding colours is to figure out how to take my measurements. Because of the Yoga some days I'm bigger because of muscle inflation. Should I take them after a few days off, or on one of the days that there inflamed
Mata
I think dry cleaning should be fine. Some corset websites state that it will be, but I'll check to be sure.

As for the sizes, I'd suggest measuring yourself on a smaller day. That way the corset will always fit you and on bigger days you simply leave the lacing more loose.
Kitty
As a bit of randomness, where did the disign on the original Matazone shirts come from, with the 4 men on it? Was it just a random design you came up with?
markslut
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 5 2005, 01:46 AM)
I'll get back to you on that one on Monday when the Snobz ladies are back at work.

If you could that would be great - I'm after a plainish one for tightlacing smile.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Kitty @ Nov 6 2005, 10:14 PM)
As a bit of randomness, where did  the disign on the original Matazone shirts come from, with the 4 men on it? Was it just a random design you came up with?

That design was drawn from an old animation I put on my site with a short loop of the character graphics giving an update on my hosting problems and asking for donations. That was back in the times when the site was expanding very fast and I kept on exceeding my bandwidth limit so I really needed the money badly! Not that I don't now, but it's not from the bandwidth anymore because I've found a great package. The old news animations are probably on the site somewhere but I don't keep any links to them because it's all so outdated.
Kitty
I guess I never caught you the site at a time where there was low bandwith....
I wore that shirt today by the way tongue.gif Alot of people were reading it....
Mata
Ah, there we go, I knew it was still around somewhere:

http://matazone.co.uk/swffiles/swordsman.swf

From back in January 2002.
Kitty
Oh wow. That knocked the breath out of me and sent me back 3 years. Its amazing how seeing the acctual thing changes everything....
Woowww.... I can smell that year. It smelt different back then.... lol
Mata
Right:

Corsets for a man: That would have to be a made-to-measure corset (obviously) but I'd only need the standard measurements, i.e. chest, waist, and hips.

Cleaning: the corsets come with a label inside telling you the appropriate cleaning methods. Some are suitable for dry cleaning, but Snobz recommend using a damp sponge (not wet) and wiping it down.
markslut
Is OK - Am getting a girls one - my current ones fit me nicely - Only thing is paypal won't let me order at the moment due to technical issues sad.gif
markslut
Deserving of a new post

JUST ORDERED CORSET!

OH MY!

now just let me be a 21st person!
Mata
Sorry, there's some more people to go before the 21st person yet!
Astarael
I'll buy some Samurai Lapin shirts when you put them up, especially if you do hooded sweatshirts. It would be nice if Lapin himself was on the front (I must stop posting when I'm tired), as my long hair tends to hide whatever's on the back. I won't cut it, but it's annoying when people can't see the wittiness on both sides. tongue.gif
Mata
Did you mean to say 'it would be nice if Lapin wasn't on the back'?

I'm working on some other things but starting up a print run is a very expensive business so I need to get the funds raised before I can get it all happening.
Astarael
Probably. I was pretty wiped out and a bit confused when I typed that. I meant that Lapin should be visible on the front because people can't see stuff on the back of my shirts with my hair in the way. I'll edit the other post and see if I can work on getting my own PayPal account over Thanksgiving or winter break.
Mata
You may be interested to know that I'm currently working on getting full credit card facilities set up (to slightly extortionate expense) so people won't need to use Paypal. This will take a few weeks to happen, and some of the stock may or may not have sold out by then, so if you really want something then go ahead with Paypal, but if it's nearly impossible to make happen then you'll get your chance hopefully around the end of this month.
Astarael
I believe that Paypal usually behaves on my computer, but I don't have the money for a corset. I'm holding out for Samurai Lapin. I'll probably get one of everything with Samurai Lapin on it that you decide to make.
"I am waiting for the time to move." biggrin.gif
Aria
Just got my bags! They're all pretty. Thanks, Mata. biggrin.gif
Mata
Great! 'Glad you like them!

I'll be putting some new Mittens T-shirts online by the end of the weekend. I'm really excited about them biggrin.gif
Astarael
Ah, Mittens. Wherever would we be without the insane antics of the megalomaniac blue kitten?
Or is it a cat? huh.gif I can never determine gender or age with those fiendish kittens.
Ashbless
I got my badges today. Thanks Mata, they look great.
Mata
Cool! The exchange cost for your money was nasty though: it was a base rate of 2.50 per exchange, no matter the value of it. Ouch! Still, it covered the badges fine anyway. Thanks! smile.gif

Could people please put up reviews on the website of things that you've bought? I often see customers looking at reviews, so the more I have then the more sales I get hopefully!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.