Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you dressing up as for Hallowe'en?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Rykan
I had a look and couldn't see that anyone had asked this yet, and I was wondering what the majority might be, and if any of you guys had had any inventive ideas biggrin.gif
Myself (for work) I shall be coming dressed as the Death of Rats (alas, I couldn't find a rat mask anywhere, so I had to buy a mouse mask instead, but shhh!, hopefully no one will notice!).
Ohh post pictures too if you have any laugh.gif
Smiler
I probably wont put much thought into this until the 30th/31st, rarely do but never look too shabby. Thinking of the au natural look, its scary enough me thinks wink.gif MWAAHAHAHAHAAHA
Phyllis
A book character. Pippi Longstocking. biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
I wont be dressing up this year to any great degree. But will be going Medieval on the 12th Nov as I'm going to a banquete for my birthday.
SleepyCoyote
Cartoon character. I'm going as a boring pixie from Fairly Oddparents. All homemade, as always... and the square wings were not fun to make sleep.gif
That or be Corporate America again.
Calantyr
I brought a shedload of body paint today so I'm doing myself up as one of the living dead! Spicy brains!
RAGH!

There is a zombie pub crawl starting on saturday at around 3-4 pm at the Marlborough Arms (so I have been led to believe).

I'm crashing it with a mate of mine. Anyone is welcome to join in. biggrin.gif
oobunnie
I'm going as Schrodinger's cat, which I suppose is infact a cat. My friend is going as Pavlov's dog. We shall see how many people will figure out what we are slash how many people we'll be able to scoff at.
bryden42
flash gordon or wolverine, i'm limited to a theme of heroes and villains.
Ashbless
Cavewoman probably. Assuming I'm not too skint to go out. Otherwise I'll stay home and give candy to any kids who come by the house.
Calantyr
QUOTE (bryden42 @ Oct 26 2005, 09:10 PM)
flash gordon or wolverine, i'm limited to a theme of heroes and villains.

HAWKMEN! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Espynwislyn
This year I shall be going as none other than the greatest Sorrcerer of all time; James (tattoos included.) Maybe we should all post pictures of our awsome costumes! Then again. . .
Astarael
I'll be wearing a lot of black, a mask, and a t-shirt with "IRS Audit Team" printed on it. I actually scared a few people with that last year, but then they laughed and I got extra candy. I voted the Devil because that's what the IRS is. tongue.gif
voices_in_my_head
I've decided that I'm going to be a bumblebee. Now I've just got to figure out how to make the wings!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Alas - to my knowledge nothing is happening this year, so no plans as yet. sad.gif

However, it seems to be tradition that I get a phone call about two days from Halloween inviting me to a cool party. Luckily I have plenty of leather/PVC and bondage tape to make something pretty decent at short notice.

Or at least revealing enough that people won't notice that I've not come as anything in particular. wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Astarael @ Oct 26 2005, 10:35 PM)
I'll be wearing a lot of black, a mask, and a t-shirt with "IRS Audit Team" printed on it. I actually scared a few people with that last year, but then they laughed and I got extra candy. I voted the Devil because that's what the IRS is.  tongue.gif

I went out as a Lawyer last year complete with contract, horns and tail (see the pic in the Family Album). I even got people to sign the contracts so I now have an interesting set of souls because the next night I went out as the Angel of Death collecting. evil.gif

Because my birthday is just a few days before Halloween, it's never just one day for me.
pgrmdave
I'm going as Schrodinger's cat, which I suppose is infact a cat. My friend is going as Pavlov's dog.

Oh c'mon, you should go as Schrodinger's cat (alive) and your friend should go as Schrodinger's cat (dead). You can prove quantum mechanics because you both exist at the same time!
ANIME JUNKY
why pipi longstocking what dose she do in book? dry.gif
ANIME JUNKY
for bumble bee wings use coat hangers and like saran wrap or something along those line
Usurper MrTeapot
I'm going as the Pope.
Phyllis
QUOTE (ANIME JUNKY @ Oct 26 2005, 04:56 PM)
why pipi longstocking what dose she do in book? dry.gif

Lots of things. There are a few (I think 3? Been a long time since I read them) books about her by Astrid Lindgren. She's the strongest girl in the world, for one.

Plus she has braids that stick out! And cool long socks. That's just fun.
Usurper MrTeapot
Got a pic.

elphaba2
*tilts head and squints*

You know, you sort of look like a teapot. A teapot dressed as the Pope.

I might have pictures of what I might be up soon. Maybe.
Espynwislyn
There are some pictures of my costume from last year,Here, if anyone is interested. Blue paint. Lots and lots of blue paint.

I'm worried, though. My new costume probably won't be ready in time. (I mean considering I haven't actualy worked on it yet)
uninspired pizza guy
Down here halloween isnt to big but me and some friends are going to have fun anyway. this year ill be dressing up as the devil, last years Frankenstien efforts were horrible at best.
Rykan
QUOTE (Cath @ Oct 26 2005, 11:16 PM)
I went out as a Lawyer last year complete with contract, horns and tail (see the pic in the Family Album). I even got people to sign the contracts so I now have an interesting set of souls because the next night I went out as the Angel of Death collecting. evil.gif

I would LOVE to see those photos!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Oct 26 2005, 11:53 PM)
I'm going as Schrodinger's cat, which I suppose is infact a cat. My friend is going as Pavlov's dog.

Oh c'mon, you should go as Schrodinger's cat (alive) and your friend should go as Schrodinger's cat (dead). You can prove quantum mechanics because you both exist at the same time!

I LOVE that! laugh.gif I second that idea too, that would be very amusing :3

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Oct 27 2005, 01:30 AM)
Got a pic.

All hail his pope-yness!! *bows*
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Rykan @ Oct 27 2005, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (Cath @ Oct 26 2005, 11:16 PM)

I would LOVE to see those photos!! biggrin.gif

Another friend has the pictures so I only have 1 or 2 and this was about the best Lawyer Cath
Novander
Wow, I'm suprised at the number of people saying they're not dressing up. I thought I'd be the only one.

I don't like dressing up. Never have done. I'm a grumpy old man at heart.
elphaba2
Right, so someone please tell me what to choose! I've got three days, and am stuck with:
-Karen O
-the Artful Dodger (from Oliver Twist)
-Audrey Hepburn
-Jim Morrison.

Oh, and no, I have no concerns whether or not people will "get it", though I'll be in New Paltz on Halloween--I suppose there's not much they wouldn't get, given a steady enough supply of cannibis. Cannabis?
I_am_the_best
I'm notl dressing up. Haven't done so for the past three years. I don't even think I'm going to do anything this year. Probably stay inside playing piano or the more likely and truthful alternative, procrastinating on the computer.

It's not that I don't like Halloween, it's just that I don't have anything to do...
Calantyr
BRAAAAIIIIIINSSSSSSSS!

RAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRW!

GRRRRRRAAAAAAAR!

Dave got deadified yesterday for the Zombie Pub Crawl. Much fun was had. About 30 of us shambling around Oxford Street, raiding shops, consuming the quivering flesh of the innocent, and cause multi-car pileups*!

I should have some actual pics of the event soon too.

*May not be complete fact.
Mata
1. Wet your face

2. Slap on loads of flour

3. Wait until it dries

Instant zombie face! It flakes, looks hideous, and is biodegradable!

Personally I shall be dressing up as a martial artist and doing method acting by going to my Wing Chun class. Spooky!
Kitty
Very original Mata tongue.gif

Everyone at _my_ school dressed as students *nod....*

Except me, I was some sort of odd tux creation.

I think I'm just laying around my house halloween night and handing out candy, as far as I know. I'm Faerie-d out for a bit. Need costume rest.
I_am_the_best
I've decided that I'm just going to stay home and learn Beethoven's 5th (I think that's the one).
Mata
QUOTE (Kitty @ Oct 30 2005, 06:40 PM)
I'm Faerie-d out for a bit. Need costume rest.

I supposed that technically you're dressing up as a human, because we all know that really you're a pairy/fairate/something.
arachnidoc17
I'm going to my friend's place and dressing up as a hobo. I'l lay down by the tree in his front yard and yell at anybody that goes past.
spiffilicious05
I chose other because I have a variety of costumes that I'm wearing.

First I went as gwen stefani since the party I went to was famous person themed and I had approximately 10 minutes to gather a costume together.

Then I was a kitten last night at another party. Tonight I am going to be a snowflake, and tomorrow I will be god knows what. smile.gif
elphaba2
I made my eldest brother into an emo-loving boy. Loads of hair gel, dripping black eyeliner and a spike belt--and _my_ hoodie. He stretched it all out!
Kitty
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 30 2005, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Kitty @ Oct 30 2005, 06:40 PM)
I'm Faerie-d out for a bit. Need costume rest.

I supposed that technically you're dressing up as a human, because we all know that really you're a pairy/fairate/something.

Technically, I guess, yeah tongue.gif I didnt think about that....
elphaba2
*ga'bump*

so?

I wound up coming in as a and transferring mid-day to b. And then because of various factors (including, but not limited to: gym, school's lack of heat, and general comfort), I wound up as a mishmash of both. It's very sexy.

What did/will everyone else do? Britons, it's probably already dark over there. Any plans?
Moosh
My plans for tonight are what I'm doing at the moment, sitting at the computer working and surfing the 'Net, and playing music so loud the speakers keep falling off the shelf so I don't hear the trick-or-treaters.

And yes it is dark.
JimiJimi
Today, I've been mostly telling trick or treaters to eff off. I'm just mean that way.

One year, I was getting so annoyed by trick or treaters that I cut some arm holes in a black bin bag, cut some eye holes in a brown paper IKEA bag, put on my amazing costume and set off down the street shouting 'Mr Bag Man' repeatedly.
I_am_the_best
Hehe, turns out I went to Oscar's and watched A Tale of Two Sisters. I was confused. Just wore normal clothes. Although I decided that perhaps it would be OK to wear just black seeing as it _is_ Hallowe'en.
Kitty
Dressed up as 'Human' and gave candy out to the roughly 6 kids that stopped by. Told dad we should go somewhere cuz I hate being at home when things are going on, he said "Pfft, yeah right. Go out and trick or treat" "Eh, I'll just go find Jerry...." who's basically the only person my age in this neighborhood. Then I got my shoes, came back downstairs and said "I think I'll go to the waterfront and see whats going on" which is just about half a mile down the street, near my bus stop that I walk home from every day. He told me "No you're not, go and do some homework" which ended up in me getting pretty angry at him for telling me to do something and then turning right around and telling me to do the exact opposit. So now I'm here sulking and waiting for it to turn midnight so I can celebrate NaNoWriMo and start writing....

I hate holidays mad.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Went ast he pope. Emnjoyed laughter as my costume went down well. Recieved besr dressed pirize. Used said prize cash to get even mor smashed. Went to offie to buy more and got laughed at, drank more. Played Halo 2 and came home.

Word.
PsychWardMike
I had two costumes. During school I dressed up as Congressman Brooks, famous in America for disagreeing with a Northern Congressman (Sumner, played by my friend John) and proceeding to beat Sumner with his hickory walking stick into a coma for insulting the honor of the South. This was in the middle of Congress. Sumner was elected back to Congress for the rest of his life including while in a coma. Brooks was made something of a hero in the south. The kicker: he actually broke that big cane whilst beating, got up and said "I appear to have worn out my cane." He recieved many canes from devoted Southerners. (FYI: I'm from the Southern part of America and moved up to New Jersey)

Tonight, I dressed up as Gabe from Penny Arcade while my friend John was Tycho. I made my own shirt and everything!
pgrmdave
QUOTE (PsychWardMike)
(FYI: I'm from the Southern part of America and moved up to New Jersey)

You moved from the North of the South to the South of the North. Well, sort of. I suppose that parts of Pennsyltucky are more southern.
Rykan
QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Oct 30 2005, 08:25 PM)
...Tonight I am going to be a snowflake...

I would love to see that! laugh.gif

I went dressed as the Death of Rats to work (it was mandatory or you got a 10 fine, or 12 for onr poor lad who forgot (12 is what we make per shift).
Was a *little* peeved that the Best Dressed prize went to one bloke who rarely canvasses and earns hundreds a week, where as we lowely bods need that money (we get paid 50-60 a week depending). All he came dressed as was a mummy costume, ie, a shirt, trousers and a mask with a bandage like pattern on, which he bought last year for 3 mad.gif
Sorry, /rant.
I'll see about getting a photo of my costume, either tonight or tommorow (I have a field trip on Thursday, where I get to go pull up weeds, woo).
{Gothic Angel}
My sister had a halloween party, and went trick-or-treating with some friends. She went as a zombie, which was highly convincing right up to the point where her hair was perfect laugh.gif Her female friends went as some sort of goth-witch-type thing and the dude from Clockwork Orange. Her male friends went as two hookers and a pimp tongue.gif It rained on them. A lot.

I, on the other hand, made pumpkin pie, stole their nice food, had a friend round and tried to watch black books with friend and parents. Cats then decided to sit on parents, leaving me to get up and answer the door to trick-or-treaters every time I sat down and got comfy dry.gif Ebil. The little tiny ones were cute, though happy.gif 6-year old witches! biggrin.gif
JimiJimi
Note to self: Bought too much pumpkin. Made too much pumpkin soup.

Note to self: Pumpkin soup tastes like crap.
Daria
I went to a party, dressed as a witch. It wasn't all that great- people were watching tv when we arrived- but alcohol, fireworks, and some B52s later, and all was good biggrin.gif

School the next morning was fun. I think it must have been the first ever time I have gone to bed drunk, and woken up drunk. Hurrah for lack of hangover, although I did feel very guilty for what my body must have been going through dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.