Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Average Age of Matazonians
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
pgrmdave
So, what is the average age of the people who come here? I believe most people here are in their late teens/early twenties, but I'm interested to know just what the demographics are here.
MistressAlti
I'm interested to see how this turns out. It fluctuates from time to time, depending on season and whatnot.
exceptional1709
I'm sixteen. Some people think I don't count as properly sixteen yet as I was born prematurely and wasn't supposed to be born until 21st November, but I say I am because I was born in September, so that's when you count from. *shrug*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
'm sixteen. Some people think I don't count as properly sixteen yet as I was born prematurely

Ummm, nope. You're born when you're born, hence the clever birthday idea. I doubt very many people work out the day they were concieved (and who really wants to document a day their parents bumped uglies?) and then decide to chose exactly nine months after that date as their birthday? Some people are dumbarses. smile.gif

Ahhh - it seems net life stops at 27. *sigh* *chants* One more year to go, one more year to go... rolleyes.gif
Kitty
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Oct 28 2005, 08:47 PM)
'm sixteen. Some people think I don't count as properly sixteen yet as I was born prematurely

Ummm, nope. You're born when you're born, hence the clever birthday idea. I doubt very many people work out the day they were concieved (and who really wants to document a day their parents bumped uglies?) and then decide to chose exactly nine months after that date as their birthday? Some people are dumbarses. smile.gif

I always thought it would be a good idea to have your birthday as the day you were concieved. Though now that I'm older and understand the process and all, I really dont think its such a good idea anymore because every birthday I'd think "Wow my parents had great fun on this night ___ many years ago...." and thats not something I want crossing my mind at a celebration.... or any time, really....

Though it does make most sense tongue.gif It would be a much more accurate way of telling how old someone is, though then theres the confusion on when the child was acctually conceived and it could get rather messy blink.gif

Right.... I'm 15 and 9 months! And! 1 day. biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
I've just turned 13 three months ago. Strangely enough, I don't feel any different than I did when I was 12, or 11.... I think I'm slightly taller than I was when I was 10, though. laugh.gif
oxym0ronical
<off topic>Preemie babies, depending on how preemie, go by their adjusted age until they've hit the developmental stages they're supposed to. For instance, if a baby is born at 30 weeks, when that baby is a month old, he/she will still be considered 34 weeks adjusted age.</off topic>

I'm 23.
LoLo
Just a couple more months and I'll be in that 27 or older category, but for now 26.
Mata
Oh gods, judging by this I'm too old for my own website. I knew this day would come, but why so soon? Cruel world! *cries*
Kitty
*offers Mata a cookie* biggrin.gif You cant be too old for your own website!
Witless
Early 20s here.. all young and full of spunk!..
Man.. my own gutter mind can't see beyond the double meaning of my own phrases... I blame this place... specifically the IRC channel
Astarael
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 29 2005, 07:07 AM)
Oh gods, judging by this I'm too old for my own website. I knew this day would come, but why so soon? Cruel world! *cries*

*gives Mata a hug and some tasty brownies* But now you get to be the elder statesman! biggrin.gif I must agree with Kitty here. You're never too old for this place. Misty Rain is, what, 65 or something? You're *definitely* not too old.
*trots off to see the cool Halloween animation again*
Cath Sparrow
Ok I'll be 27 for the rest of my life I dont mind. biggrin.gif
pgrmdave
The only reason it stops there is because there is a limit of 15 different choices for a poll. I wanted to be able to do 12 - 35, because I doubt that many people younger than 12 or older than 35 visit. I'm sure there are some, but the bulk of people are, at least so far, between 18 and 23.
spiffilicious05
I'm 18, my birthday is March 5th. Yay 4 more months, except I have a special double training week on my bday.....darn it all....

Anyways it seems like the vast majority of us so far are in our late teens early 20's. Although, I've always been a strict believer of you're only as old as you feel.
Fallen Element
18. 19 in February.

I agree with spiffy - you're only as old as you feel. Technically - according to that statement - I shouldn't be able to type. . . Bugger.

Age is irrelevant in my eyes. You can be 12 or 82 and still have something interesting/valid to say.

Vive la ageless!

Fal xXx

[disclaimer: I'm tipsy.]
Ashbless
*Gives Mata another cookie*

I'll believe you're old when you manage to catch up in age, youngster. tongue.gif
Astarael
Ah, blast, I forgot to mention my age in my last post. tongue.gif I'm 16 and 7 or 8 months. By my reasoning, I'm more than 16.5, which I can round to watch rated-R movies. My dad seems amused but rents the movies anyway and my mom doesn't agree but lets me watch the movies that he rents. Proof that bootleg math applied to everyday life can indeed persuade people. biggrin.gif
PsychWardMike
I'm all 18 and stuff. Yay for me.
monkey_called_narth
erm... im 19
uninspired pizza guy
wow, im so individual being 18 and all. What happens in a year or two when everyone is yet another year (or two) older? I suppose putting year of birth would complicate things a bit.
pgrmdave
My guess is that the average age is on a three or five year cycle, as new people come, and older members move to something else. That would mean that it doesn't matter too much when members age, it won't have too much of an effect on the average age. (well, the members who stay for the rest of their lives will skew the stats a bit, I suppose. I mean, if Mata is still running this site when he's seventy, it would throw off the average by a few years biggrin.gif )
Rykan
Oh I thought I'd posted on here after I voted; I'm all 19 and growed up tongue.gif It seems very odd to think I'll be 20 next year <.<
Mata
I think a lot of the ages are defined by university. A few years after university you have a lot less time to amble around online so the ages tend to drop off at that point.
Calantyr
23 at last count, I'm dreading hitting 25 and having to start withdrawing a pension....

wink.gif

PS. Your parents used to get nekked... TOGETHER! IN THE BATHTUB!

*Runs*
Rykan
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Nov 1 2005, 01:09 PM)
PS. Your parents used to get nekked... TOGETHER! IN THE BATHTUB!

*Runs*

*SCREAMS and falls off chair backwards* Oh you MUST be punished! (also for the fact that Fuzzy has just been tickling me mercilessly to 'distract me', before stopping and reminding me why he was distracting me! dry.gif )
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 1 2005, 03:47 AM)
I think a lot of the ages are defined by university. A few years after university you have a lot less time to amble around online so the ages tend to drop off at that point.

Unless you're still in college at older years.
Daria
I seem to be the only 17 year old (who voted).

I feel so special.
Astarael
Well, there's a lot of people who are 18 and a few 16-year-olds (including me.) There's probably more 17-year-olds who haven't been bothered to vote yet.
Daria
Heh! The age of not-bothering biggrin.gif
pgrmdave
I must say, I am surprised at how many more 18 year olds there are than any other age group, or, perhaps it is only 18 year olds who choose to vote.
Astarael
No 24 or 25-year-olds yet, which is a bit odd. There's just a howling wasteland in the 24 and 25 slots on the poll. It's conspicuous haveing two big gaps next to each other like that. huh.gif And I believe that eating a humongous pile of candy and then posting is not a good idea. Bleh.
Kitty
This poll needs accuracy! Otherwise it kind of lacks.... purpose.... We should PM everybody we know still comes here and make them vote tongue.gif
MrRandomQuotes
QUOTE (Daria @ Nov 2 2005, 09:43 PM)

I feel so special.

Not anymore ^.^
*wonders which one of us is older...*

I'm 18 in exactly 2 months WOOt.

I'm surprised there arent more old people. I mean not old old, that is around 40, but i guess it goes some way to explaing why the forums are the way they are....
pgrmdave
QUOTE (Kitty)
This poll needs accuracy! Otherwise it kind of lacks.... purpose.... We should PM everybody we know still comes here and make them vote

Well, unless the type of people who participates in the polls is different from the average person who is on the forum, it should be relatively accurate. Remember, political polls that show how all of America thinks are done by phone. They call about 10,000 people. Roughly 1/3 of those people agree to take the poll. That means that about 3,500 people represent 250 million. I think that our poll is even more accurate, in light of those numbers.
Mata
That's true, also the people who answer phone polls are generally the people who don't value their own time as much as others, skewing the results to particular portions of society.
oscarhilton
Im 14 on the 25 of november
Phyllis
QUOTE (Astarael @ Nov 3 2005, 02:02 PM)
No 24 or 25-year-olds yet, which is a bit odd. There's just a howling wasteland in the 24 and 25 slots on the poll. It's conspicuous haveing two big gaps next to each other like that.  huh.gif And I believe that eating a humongous pile of candy and then posting is not a good idea. Bleh.

I'll be 24 in April, but alas, I have already voted... tongue.gif
markslut
people assume I'm much older then 22 :S
Astarael
I have one 16-year-old friend who looks about twelve, one 16-year-old friend who looks about 20, and me, the 16-year-old who apparently looks sixteen. It's always a laugh when we go somewhere and people try to figure out how old we are. laugh.gif
Daria
QUOTE (MrRandomQuotes @ Nov 5 2005, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (Daria @ Nov 2 2005, 09:43 PM)

I feel so special.

Not anymore ^.^

I'm 18 in exactly 2 months WOOt.

I'm surprised there arent more old people. I mean not old old, that is around 40, but i guess it goes some way to explaing why the forums are the way they are....

Lucky you. I get to wait 237 day until I am 18.

Huzzar. dry.gif
voices_in_my_head
I seem to be the only 13 or younger person to vote... I thought that there were some other 13-year-olds on here?

I guess not.
Mata
I can think of at least one person, but I know others who were younger than that when they joined a couple of years ago. Sometimes I find it odd, the amount of information my brain stores about people on here, although oddly it rarely includes their real name or even country of residence.
DarkInferno
Apparently I'm the only 25 year old...
artist.unknown
QUOTE(Daria @ Nov 2 2005, 09:43 PM)

I feel so special.

Not anymore ^.^

Fear not, I'll keep you company.

Four months shy of the vote this year. Bog dammit.
Smiler
Was just about to reply, about to tick 22 then thought "erm... hold on, how old am I again?" I FORGOT MY OWN BLOOMIN' AGE!!! Is that a sign of getting old or is it just the fact that I had to tick 23? sad.gif
Misty Rain
[quote=voices_in_my_head,Oct 29 2005, 02:39 AM]
I've just turned 13 three months ago. Strangely enough, I don't feel any different than I did when I was 12, or 11.... I think I'm slightly taller than I was when I was

I am sixtyfive and five twelths and feel about ten and am two stone heavier than five years ago but one stone lighter than last year.

Am I the oldest here?

Misty Rain
Apollyon
Four months shy of the vote this year. Bog dammit.

Heh... not as bad as three days off next presidential election... sad.gif

I'm fourteen, turning fifteen by the way.
eighthweasley
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 29 2005, 01:07 PM)

Don't worry Mata, we still love you! At least, we'll love you as long as you continue to produce animations... What can I say, we're products of a consumerist, trend-driven society. Sorry!

Me, I'm just 16. It's a nice age; I like even numbers. Hmmm.
Kitty
There seems to be a majority of 18 year olds now tongue.gif I feel like a youngin'!

I've always wanted to be 16, funny thing. People were making a big deal about my 16th birthday and I was trying to figure out why when they're like "Its your sweet 16! You have to do something special!".... To which I replied "Oh I forgot blink.gif" people've got it into my head that I'm around 18 or something around that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.