Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Noticed Something...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Yotafura
ph34r.gif

I just noticed sarah blinks one eye faster than the other... i think itīs the.. uhm...left?
cheese is funny
people have posted about it.. i forget where... but i never noticed... maybe i need to watch lgg more often....
Mata
That was actually a mistake that I liked so I left it in. I believe that the difference is something like 2/25 of a second, but this is enough to be noticeable smile.gif
Ho++Gothchick
I think it looks cool
witchblade_babe
my cat blinks like her ph34r.gif blink.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif it is freakin cool
Jaq
Wow. This just proves how little I notice htings. Either that or how obsessive you people are. Meh. Either or.
CommandeerOfSouls
I think I may have noticed that.

When I watch the "Halloween Special - The Clown Killer" (great animation) and have the IE window maximized, as it zooms in on the character, I see the other people disappear under the black rectangles that are supposed to be the edges of the animation on smaller resolutions, and reappear on the other side. (pretend that's coherent and I'll give you a cookie!)
-----------------
I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me.
- Jack Handey
P.S. Mata- you must be very proud of giving birth to such a great community. You should've had a baby shower... you might've gotten a toaster.
Mata
Ahem... Well, I didn't know so much about getting things working on different size screens back when I made that.

I make all my animations to be at their best on a 800x600 screen in the standard IE letterbox-ish window. Actually I use 715x460 pixels as my guide for making themI could leave them at that size but I want them to scale to the size of the resolution for whatever settings that people ae watching them on which does mean that if people maximise things they will occasionally see stuff happening just out of the normal frame that I didn't plan on people seeing.

Stuff like removing unseen characters reduces processing time for the computer that's playing the movie allowing smoother scaling and animation but you're not really supposed to see that kind of thing going on!
CommandeerOfSouls
Yeah, I know how that goes. Our webpage (not that I'm trying to compare it to yours... that would be instulting) is specifically designed for 1024 or higher.. but people with 800x600 have to scroll... suckers... so we have yet to fix that. On Homestarruner they have an end an no matter how big you make it it stops there... unless you go to the .swf as opposed to .html.. then it's not. I don't know what they did. I'm not good with flash. I used the [tab] glitch to beat your 'Yes, we have no weapons of mass destruction' game!... a common glitch in flash games, helpful too. Keep up the good work.
---------------------
I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.
- Jack Handey
Mata
Tab glitch? I know you can move between selectable items with tab but does that really help with this game?
hinsley
no, you can turn em all over and keep em over with the tab key. biggrin.gif
Mata
Hmm... That kind of works but I don't think it'll make things go much faster to be honest, and judging by the not-totally-inhuman times on the leader board I seem to have made the game impossible to beat with macros so I'm pretty chuffed about that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.