Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 61-year old women turns to mummy infront of TV
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > The Issues Forum
Calantyr
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/06/madisonville.html

It took years for people to figure out that something was wrong and raise the alarm.

Aparently the air conditioning dried the air, sucking the moisture out of her body. Yum!

The icing on the cake is that they left the TV on for her, so she wouldn't get bored before 'coming back'.

I tell ya, it's only a matter of time before the zombie apocalypse.
Astarael
Run from the zombies! The end is near!
How did the neighbors know something was wrong? Did they go peeping through the windows, or did someone realize that they hadn't seen her in a while and the relatives decided not to tell anyone that she was dead?
What religion was she exactly? To the best of my knowledge, only some really ancient cultures like the Egyptians believed that you would come back to your body. Unless she was into ancient Egypt or this is some really obscure cult, she could have invented it.
Calantyr
I'm guessing realatives got concerned that they hadn't heard from Auntie in some time and went knocking on her door.

Theres plenty of weird cults all over the place, especially the US it seems. This is the country that has Baptist snake cults, Pat Robertson, and Utah, afterall.
Museum Girl
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Jan 13 2006, 07:02 PM)
I'm guessing realatives got concerned that they hadn't heard from Auntie in some time and went knocking on her door.

Theres plenty of weird cults all over the place, especially the US it seems. This is the country that has Baptist snake cults, Pat Robertson, and Utah, afterall.

Baptist snake cults? What?
Jonman
QUOTE (Calantyr @ Jan 13 2006, 07:02 PM)

Not forgetting the charming Fred Phelps and his extended family of whackjobs.
Astarael
*sets voodoo doll of Fred Phelps on fire*
His stupid agenda actually makes me sick. He abuses his family and can't seem to do anything but revel in things that happen to people he doesn't like and spew bigoted trash to anyone who will listen.
Mata
I didn't think that Phelps liked anyone, except perhaps those who worship him as the mouthpeice of God... I can imagine he might be an orifice of a supernatural being, but it's not the mouth and it doesn't belong to God.
Astarael
*laughs hysterically* Beautiful way of putting it. I think that was some leader or other he liked, but I can't remember who it is. I think he'd get along with Pat Robertson, though, or anyone who's violently opposed to homosexuality.
I looked at the warning page of his website and they're apparently picketing Coretta Scott King's funeral. The detail page wouldn't load, but I don't know why, as he keeps claiming he's not a racist.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Astarael @ Feb 3 2006, 02:22 PM)
I looked at the warning page of his website and they're apparently picketing Coretta Scott King's funeral. The detail page wouldn't load, but I don't know why, as he keeps claiming he's not a racist.

I looked because I was curious after you said that. The page says they're picketing because "by endorsing the homosexual agenda she was bringing down the wrath of God upon herself, her family, and the black civil rights movement."

blink.gif
Mata
She was a singer (among other things), singers know people in the media, everyone in the media is gay, therefore she must have been a consort of Satan and now she will burn in hell, but in case God hasn't sent her to hell Phelps is going to picket there to point out God's mistake. Or something. Alternatively, he could just be a big denial-ridden media-whore who will do anything to get some attention. Most probably both.

Do you get the feeling I don't like this bloke?
Phyllis
Sorry, but...Coretta Scott King was a singer? Are you sure about that? I know she organized Freedom Concerts, but I'd never heard of her getting into the media by singing. She did so by being a civil rights activist...I thought. *edit* Aha, I just checked. She did indeed sing and majored in music at university. But I still think it had little to do with what Phelps thought of her, because she wasn't famous for singing.

I'm betting it's more the fact that she was an advocate for gay rights. And I'd also agree it's at least partially because Phelps is just one big attention whore. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.