Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confess your sins!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Phyllis
Sometimes, things we do aren't exactly too much information, but they're still pretty bad. Here's a place to discuss all of the horrible things you've ever done...mostly to other people.

My confession: I made another person drink bird saliva.

It wasn't on purpose, mind you. I just dared her to try some crazy Asian drinks, a la these guys. One of the drinks she chose had an ingredient called "edible bird's nest." This is apparently the nests of various types of swiflets, which are entirely or almost entirely made out of the bird's saliva.

I am pretty sure I am going to hell for this.

So anyway, confess all the stuff you've done that you're ashamed of so we can point and la---err, so you can get it off your chest. biggrin.gif
EvilSpork
What drink has that in it? O_o

Anyway, in elementary there was this one time (this was like kindergarten, and yes I have an excessively good memory) that I really had to urinate, and it was during recess.

Anyway, ended up going inside of one of those big tires. Then some kid went in a bit later and was playing in that tire.
Ashbless
Probably the worst thing I did was play mind games with a fellow back in college. I gave him reason to believe some terrible things were occurring that were not actually happening. I did this out of sheer maliciousness and regret it. No. I won't actually say what he was lead to believe. Ask me in person sometime. tongue.gif

I'm probably a much nicer person now due to the nasty way he & I treated each other then.
The Lorax
I spent a couple nights at my boyfriend's house when I told my mom I was at my friend Emma's. rolleyes.gif
Calantyr
Somehow managed to split a good friend of mine up with her serious boyfriend of three years. I still don't know how I managed to do that. I was just content to remain friends with her. Women confuse me.

Cheating on a recent partner. Doesn't matter that she was cheating on me at the same time, it's still a sucky thing to do.

There's probably more than that, but oh well. It's early. I need tea.
Usurper MrTeapot
Forgive me Candice for I have sinned.

I just ate 2 packets of Oreos and I intend to finish the lot.

This has been my first confession.
artist.unknown
I convinced a girl who would not leave my lunch table that buses are actually purple. And that if she looked directly at the moon, she would blind herself.

There have of course been the unfair breakups (rather watch Scrubs than answer the phone, feel pretty bad about that one) but really, what more can you do to ruin someone's romantic career than instill a terror of the full moon?
I_am_the_best
I drink milk out of the big bottle thing regularly.

I once played a rather nasty and regretful practical joke involving laxatives. I sincerely regret it now.

edit: I just noticed you're on 666 posts AU!
Phyllis
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Jan 25 2006, 02:11 PM)
I drink milk out of the big bottle thing regularly.

That isn't a sin! That's normal. I don't care what my mother says. wink.gif

And Teapot, dosie-do your partner, and you shall be absolved. *nods wisely*
Astarael
I remember the funny (at the time) but cruel prank I played on my sister a few years ago. I had convinced her that fairies were real, so I had a handy source of revenge when I caught her reading my journal. I left out a little bottle of "magic juice" (water with blue food coloring and mineral oil) with a note saying, "Drink this to get magical powers. Love, the fairies." She drank it at once and wound up running to the toilet for the rest of the night. The effects didn't last long and she stopped believing in fairies soon afterwards (someone at school broke the news to her,) but I still felt guilty for it later. She looked so disappointed when the magic didn't materialize.
artist.unknown
edit: I just noticed you're on 666 posts AU!

Oh great...my post on sin was 666. God's have a gas up there.

(Actually, the devil's number is 616. The Biblical scholars counted it incorrectly. You think it'd be important to check your math on something like that. But nooo.)
Moosh
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Jan 26 2006, 03:23 AM)
(Actually, the devil's number is 616. The Biblical scholars counted it incorrectly. You think it'd be important to check your math on something like that. But nooo.)

I've been telling people that but they never believe me, why oh why did no-one else see the item on this on BBC news a while ago?

No sins to add so that makes this posts a bit spammy but meh
Greeneyes
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jan 26 2006, 04:35 PM)
I've been telling people that but they never believe me, why oh why did no-one else see the item on this on BBC news a while ago?

Show them this.

I am also without sin innocent.gif.

</off-topic>
ravein
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 24 2006, 06:56 PM)
Sometimes, things we do aren't exactly too much information, but they're still pretty bad.  Here's a place to discuss all of the horrible things you've ever done...mostly to other people.

My confession:  I made another person drink bird saliva.

It wasn't on purpose, mind you.  I just dared her to try some crazy Asian drinks, a la these guys.  One of the drinks she chose had an ingredient called "edible bird's nest."  This is apparently the nests of various types of swiflets, which are entirely or almost entirely made out of the bird's saliva.

I am pretty sure I am going to hell for this.

So anyway, confess all the stuff you've done that you're ashamed of so we can point and la---err, so you can get it off your chest.  biggrin.gif

Oh I will never forgive you for that.. I think I caught the bird flu biggrin.gif
El Nino
My sins are much too violent for the kiddies to read. So I'll do this for the mods

*Sensored*
Phyllis
QUOTE (ravein @ Jan 26 2006, 10:45 PM)
Oh  I will never forgive you for that.. I think I caught the bird flu biggrin.gif

innocent.gif

Who knew those drinks actually had crazy stuff like that in them?!

Okay, a sin...let's see. OH! When I was moving out of my ex's apartment, I saw his current girlfriend's wallet sitting on the counter. She had been one of my best friends, and I'd been gone all of a week before they started dating (this was around the 1.5 week point), so I was a little upset at the time. Anyway, I picked up the wallet and threw it into the cabinet where the garbage can was under the sink so it landed behind the garbage can.

I didn't have the heart to completely throw it away, but it stayed lost until they moved out of that place about 2 months later. She couldn't cash her paycheck this entire time because she needed her ID to do so (why she didn't have a bank account is beyond me).

...I really am horribly passive agressive.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jan 25 2006, 01:37 AM)
I spent a couple nights at my boyfriend's house when I told my mom I was at my friend Emma's.  rolleyes.gif

Who *hasn't* done that. I've also had my boyfriend stay over when my parents were out of the house, blissfully unaware. Thats not something I'm ashamed of though. My parents did t to their parents, too, I'm sure. If teenagers didn't bend the truth a little, nobody would get laid till they left home.

Besides, I'm sin free on that count - I never acually lied to her about it. I just said I was seeing Laura that day and I'd be staying at a friend's house tongue.gif

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Jan 26 2006, 04:45 PM)
I am also without sin innocent.gif.

And how much is that image worth to you, hon? Cough up. tongue.gif
Jatopian
It was a dark and stormy night when, in my secret laboratory in the depths of Luna, I created him. From the start, I suspected such genetic tampering was a mistake with my knowledge level at the time, but I hesitate to condemn anyone hastily, especially myself. I raised him as my own, though I worried at his early development, especially of his facial hair. Then, when he was 11, I sent him to Terra to get a practical education. He never came back, and his last message was quite ominous. Summat about Jews, drugs, and art. I fear he will go insane, or worse yet fall prey to my hypnotic enemies, and do great damage to someone before being confined.

If anyone here lives in Berlin, could they please tell me whether a certain Adolf Hitler is alright?

P.S.Ah, right, the time differential. No, I shall not explain; you would not understand the maths involved. I am glad he was contained. Now, how fares my ickle Georgie-kins? I hear he entered the US National Guard.
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jan 27 2006, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jan 25 2006, 01:37 AM)
I spent a couple nights at my boyfriend's house when I told my mom I was at my friend Emma's.  rolleyes.gif

[color=purple]Who *hasn't* done that.
I have not, because I lack a boyfriend!

The section of this post above the quote is entirely facetious.
PsychWardMike
Two words:

Chronic. Masturbator.
bryden42
I am entirely guilty of a huge range of things for which I will never forgive myself and most of which were too fun to mention here.

What i will mention is some of the fun that I had at the expense of a guy that I knew at Uni. The guy in question was just about the most gullible person I have ever met and as such we used to spin yarns for him to see who could make him believe the most rediculous thing.

Some of the things we told him and he believed:

if you take off in a helicopter the earth will rotate underneath you

At the equator, due to an odd effect of gravity, water will flow uphill if traveling fast enough and round corners.

the well renowned Musical bow maker John Stag also made my Pool Cue from offcuts of his bass bows.

My friend Jamie has 56 genital piercings and this is why he cannot become a ninja as they rattle too much for him to be stealthy.

But the finale show stopper was the week long windup that ensued before halloween (Samhein). When he asked us what we were doing for halloween, we replied that we would be doing a virgin sacrifice in the woods. he was fine with this, the next day he asked if he could come along, our reply was that we couldn't find a virgin, his reply "I'm a virgin will i do". Our reply "yup", we strung him along for the rest of the week, nearing halloween and we couldn't shake him so we told him that the police had learned of the sacrifice and were going to do a sting operation on us if we went through with it. He was incensed beyond belief shouting about how they were infringing our relious beliefs and that they couldn't do that. We later worked out that we think he thought we were going to sacrifice his virginity not him.

So Ms Candice am I going to hell?
Saratina
QUOTE ("Astarael")
I remember the funny (at the time) but cruel prank I played on my sister a few years ago. I had convinced her that fairies were real, so I had a handy source of revenge when I caught her reading my journal. I left out a little bottle of "magic juice" (water with blue food coloring and mineral oil) with a note saying, "Drink this to get magical powers. Love, the fairies." She drank it at once and wound up running to the toilet for the rest of the night. The effects didn't last long and she stopped believing in fairies soon afterwards (someone at school broke the news to her,) but I still felt guilty for it later. She looked so disappointed when the magic didn't materialize.

I was so in on this prank. In fact, I was one of the fairies, as I recall.

My most recent transgressions include this morning right before the SAT started, realizing my calculator didn't work and panicking. I grabbed the cell phone I wasn't supposed to have in the test building and ran into the back into one of the bathrooms to call my dad. Only when a boy walked in and gave me a strange look did I realize that I had run into the wrong restroom.
I suppose I committed a double transgression--cell phone use, and walking into the wrong bathroom?
gothictheysay
walking into the wrong bathroom?

Nah, it's worse when you purposely walk into the wrong bathroom and enjoy the strange looks when you come out of it.

Not that I've ever done something like that. *cough*
Astarael
I pulled the mineral oil prank a few months after your family went bak to Texas, Saratina. I remember the "She's asleep!" gag and the bit about telling her that if she believed in us a lot when the planets were aligned properly that we would come to Earth and help her do something. Remember the time that we told her "gullible" was written on the ceiling and she looked up whilst saying "Where is it?" Good times, those. smile.gif
Daria
QUOTE (Astarael @ Jan 29 2006, 08:14 PM)
Remember the time that we told her "gullible" was written on the ceiling and she looked up whilst saying "Where is it?" Good times, those.  smile.gif

My friend actualy has guliable written on the ceiling after her younger brother kept sayin it to her, so she wrote it on the ceiling and when he said it again, she looked up and said "so it is."

My biggest sin... Probably when my friend and I, at the age of 14, snuck vodka out of her mum's bottle, and filled it back up with water. We forgot to fill it back up one time, and her dad 'told' her mum off because she wasn't mean to drink it as she was on antibiotics. Not a huge thing, but a little sneaky...
haunted tape-dispenser
I will contest that this is not a sin, nevertheless it is going in here. I have rutinely convinced people that they are eating animal feces in their sammiches*. Not so much out of malice, more so because I diddn't want them sitting at the table with me.

*Note: This is normally spelled (and indeed, pronounced) sandwiches. Grah! Fuzzy.
Phyllis
QUOTE (haunted tape-dispenser @ Feb 4 2006, 10:16 AM)
I will contest that this is not a sin, nevertheless it is going in here. I have rutinely convinced people that they are eating animal feces in their sammiches. Not so much out of malice, more so because I diddn't want them sitting at the table with me.

But...they probably are if they have processed lunchmeat on them. I only tell people stuff like that if they ask why I don't eat meat, though...
artist.unknown
I have on various occasions nabbed copies of The Great Gatby, Brave New World, 1984, The Iliad, The Stranger, Hedda Gabler, and Candide from school bookrooms.

Oh yes. I am definately going to hell. No chance left for me now.
elphaba2
^ I stole a chemistry textbook at the end of last year because I knew I'd be enrolling in the difficult course this year. It was unnamed and just kind of floating around my math room at the time, so I just popped it in my bag and left. Now I can study chem forever!

Once I told a sub that I had a rare blood disease in order to get out of class and see the boy I liked.
gothictheysay

Next time take it from the fiction section and put it in U.S. Affairs or new non-fiction. biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
My friend and I once moved the fashion magizines in the school library into the Fiction section.

When I was twelve-ish me and a different friend snuck into an abandoned house because she wanted to show me how cool it was inside. It had its own lake in the back, three balconies and everything!
vicrawr
Forgive me Mother, for I have sinned.

Last night at about 9 o'clock, my friends and I threw about 50 of those little encapsulated sponge animals into the fountain at my school. To be fair, it was meant to be harmless. And the fountain is really pretty at night.
artist.unknown
Once I told a sub that I had a rare blood disease in order to get out of class and see the boy I liked.

Back in private school I used to trick all the subs into believing I was a British exchange student. People will let you get away with hell if they think you're British because they're so enchanted by the accent.

I forgot to mention Wuthering Heights, Cold Sassy Tree, Ordinary People, Obasan, The Fifth Child, Grendel, The Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, Waiting for Godot, and Fahrenheit 451.

Wow...I'm a bookroom kleptomaniac. The terror of publicly funded literature everywhere. How embarrassing to realize.
Usurper MrTeapot
Forgive me Candice for I have sinned, its been 12 days since my last confession.

I made a girl cry last night. After telling her a very funny story about an Elephant in Paraguay, we laughed and cried together.

Please forgive me. Teapot.
Phyllis
Teapot: Alaman left and then promenade three times.

*nods*

I don't know any other priestly things beyond telling you to do stuff to be absolved. Uhm...go in peace my son? Something like that. I only know this stuff from the movies.

Bless me, myself, for I have sinned. I got my sister grounded at least 10 times for things that I did. Probably more.
Usurper MrTeapot
*does as the Priestess commands*

Grab a partn'r an do see do!
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Feb 5 2006, 08:14 PM)

Last night at about 9 o'clock, my friends and I threw about 50 of those little encapsulated sponge animals into the fountain at my school. To be fair, it was meant to be harmless. And the fountain is really pretty at night.

That sounds cool did you get piccies?

Can I just confress the last 15 years it'll be a lot less time consumming? (maybe more if you take it getting my brother blamed for stuff when I was a kid)
Kitty
Did you take the capsules off of the sponges?
In my experiance, the capsuls took forever to melt (even in warm water) and then they made the sponges all sticky....
Ew.
vicrawr
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 11 2006, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Feb 5 2006, 08:14 PM)

That sounds cool did you get piccies?

I didn't, sadly. I went back the other night and took pictures of the fountain, but I've misplaced them.

QUOTE (Kitty @ Feb 11 2006, 09:29 AM)
Did you take the capsules off of the sponges?
In my experiance, the capsuls took forever to melt (even in warm water) and then they made the sponges all sticky....
Ew.

Yes, we did! Since the water would be freezing, I doubted that the capsules would have come off, so we sat in the parking lot and took them off before they were thrown in. To date they are still floating around in the water, though they look rather dinky.
Kitty
Me and my mom force eachother out in the snow wearing only bathing suits. Once a year. Today was the day and MAN is it COLD!
Cant wait to get the video online tongue.gif
Mata
Your family really is quite odd.

I've got no interesting confessions at the moment. The best I can think of this week is putting a table spoon in with the teaspoons in a kitchen I was temping in because I couldn't find the right place for it. Not exactly earth-shattering I think you'll agree.
exceptional1709
I was head girl of my primary school when I was 11 and had the responsibility of going round the classes, writing down the house points that each house had got from each class and adding them all up, and then reading them out in assembly every Friday- I fiddled the numbers to make my house win...

...but then I think every head girl before and after me did the same.

Oh, and I've stolen a few books before too. Unintentionally. Just taken them out of the school library, and never given them back, due to the librarian not keeping a record and so never having reminders. Thank goodness I moved schools.
PsychWardMike
Mata, there are no little sins. Only little sinners.
EvilSpork
I talked a friend into going to Planned Parenthood and getting a bunch of condoms and handing them out inside of those little kid's valentines on Tuesday. Since it is the holiday of love, I figured I would convince them to help spread the message of safe sex.

I'll be the first to get one.
Misty Rain
I bought a corset last year, a good expensive one, and wear it secretly under loose clothes. It feels delightfully restrictive and caressing and nobody knows I've got it on.

I am wearing it right now.

Misty rain
Daria
I have been travelling on my school bus for almost two years now. It should cost 120 a term.

I have yet to pay anything...
Phyllis
QUOTE (Daria @ Feb 21 2006, 09:45 AM)
I have been travelling on my school bus for almost two years now. It should cost 120 a term.

I have yet to pay anything...

You have to PAY to ride the school bus? blink.gif

Uhm...sin. Let's see. I know I have one. Err. I've had premarital sex? That's still a sin, right? unsure.gif
PsychWardMike
No... that's covered under the "Izzall good" clause of the Bible.

My sin? Impersonating someone that's gone to seminary.
I_am_the_best
I lent a friend a music book and when my sister wanted it for her piano lesson I told her I hadn't seen it and that she must have lost it somewhere.
Erin
ummm....

too many to name..and you all do not wanna hear em!

but heres a few small ones...

the occasional lie about nonsense

and...........

flirting with my ex-boyfriends best friend..but is that really THAT bad? rolleyes.gif i hope not...cuz i feel bad now.. sad.gif
oscarhilton
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Feb 22 2006, 09:44 PM)
I lent a friend a music book and when my sister wanted it for her piano lesson I told her I hadn't seen it and that she must have lost it somewhere.

You gave that to me for my birthday!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.