Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet - Liverpool 1st April 2006
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Smiler
HAHA! and how cool is this?! My sister's coming as well who in her own words said

"And I think its unfair that me and mum have judged you and your 'friends' when we havent met them, so I guess I could come out with you guys and then judge as much as I want guilt free!:o)"

heehee, she's been teasing me and I cant help get my own back, but she doesnt believe that when I say I'm meeting mates met online she wont believe me saying that I'm just sitting in a bush somewhere talking to the voices in my head again.
You guys'll love her.

Just in case... you're not the voices in my head are you? wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Smiler @ Mar 10 2006, 02:09 PM)
HAHA! and how cool is this?! My sister's coming as well who in her own words said

"And I think its unfair that me and mum have judged you and your 'friends' when we havent met them, so I guess I could come out with you guys and then judge as much as I want guilt free!:o)"

heehee, she's been teasing me and I cant help get my own back, but she doesnt believe that when I say I'm meeting mates met online she wont believe me saying that I'm just sitting in a bush somewhere talking to the voices in my head again.
You guys'll love her.

Just in case... you're not the voices in my head are you? wink.gif

No...

We are the voice of the misterons!!

wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 10 2006, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Mar 9 2006, 02:08 PM)
And other clothes, right Pixie? tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

*pulls funked out of gutter*

tongue.gif

Why would you want to go and do that? It's fun down here! tongue.gif

Smiler dear I can catagorically say that I am definatly a figment of your imagination! Imagine what'd be like if I was actually real! blink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 10 2006, 04:35 PM)
Why would you want to go and do that? It's fun down here! tongue.gif

*throws funked back in gutter and pushes Cath in too*

tongue.gif
Wyvern
WHOOHOO!

All dates adjusted, will be booking the train in the next day or so...consider me definately in!
My first meet outside Nottingham, well excepting Madame Spanglers birthday of course.
*dances*
I shall endeavour to look conspicuous and lurk with intent in full view so that those who know me can find familiar personages. Plus I'll no doubt be in the company of our own gorgeous Cath and between us looking inconspicuous just doesn't happen....EVER!

Oh and for the record Smiler your sister should know we are ALL figments around here...think how impressive that makes your imagination sir! tongue.gif
Wytukaze
I'm not only a figment of your imagination, Smiler, but a figment of the board. Lord knows I turn up here rarely enough.

Incidentally, I'll be going to a launch gig for my friend's band's first EP the night before, so I'm gonna be a wreck when the train pulls into Lime Street. I just have to go to both, though! Ordering tickets in a couple o' days.

Oh, and what's happening the day after (i.e. the 2nd)? What are our doubtlessly varied plans?
Smiler
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 10 2006, 05:35 PM)
Smiler dear I can catagorically say that I am definatly a figment of your imagination! Imagine what'd be like if I was actually real! blink.gif

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I thought that if I could poke you you'd be real? I didn't get hit, when I did. But what if figmets can be touched? What if they're programmed not to hit me? Why then does Cath normally hit me? AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Mar 15 2006, 09:55 PM)
Oh and for the record Smiler your sister should know we are ALL figments around here...think how impressive that makes your imagination sir! tongue.gif [/color]

AAAAAAAARGH again, but this time softened with the compliment thanks wink.gif biggrin.gif

Watch your knees everyone...its nobblin' time!

QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 15 2006, 10:19 PM)
I'm not only a figment of your imagination, Smiler, but a figment of the board. Lord knows I turn up here rarely enough.

But your here in spirit and will be at the 'Pool Meet in person so all is fine, I'm not always overly regular on the boards either but what I lose in presence I make up in Smiles wink.gif blink.gif ... I dont know what that means....

OO oo If nobody else minds can I officially christen this 'Pool Meet? Its a lot snazier and runs in line with the NottsMeet and CandinghamMeet train of thought...
...or should I shut up and stay at home now???
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 15 2006, 10:19 PM)

Incidentally, I'll be going to a launch gig for my friend's band's first EP the night before, so I'm gonna be a wreck when the train pulls into Lime Street. I just have to go to both, though! Ordering tickets in a couple o' days.

Oh, and what's happening the day after (i.e. the 2nd)? What are our doubtlessly varied plans?

We shall probably decided on Saturday what we do on Sunday as then we'll have everyone there and be able figure out what time we have time to do. Go with the flow!! Trying to make us make plans!! BAH!
tongue.gif
Wyvern
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Mar 15 2006, 09:55 PM)
Oh and for the record Smiler your sister should know we are ALL figments around here...think how impressive that makes your imagination sir! tongue.gif [/color]

AAAAAAAARGH again, but this time softened with the compliment thanks wink.gif biggrin.gif

Watch your knees everyone...its nobblin' time!

Knee nobblin' time? Would you perchance be suggesting dear Smiler that sweet little me is a hazard to the knee caps of tall persons? hmm? innocent.gif

Plans? PLANS? blink.gif
How dare you even contemplate using that word plans are for whimps, Matameets require no plan beyond the initial collecting together of disperate souls after that *shrugs*tis anybodies guess but those of nervous disposition may wish to begin evacuating NOW! evil.gif
Wytukaze
Oh good. I was fearful someone did have some plans, and then I'd have to adhere to them. Don't worry, lasses, I'm not suddenly gonna change and start writing up schedules and.. I can't go on.
Izzy
Are all these places somewhere in england?
markslut
Yes this is a UK meet, I think there are US ones every so often.

*has yet to go to one due to travel/date problems - and a general aversion to traveling long distance on Virgin Voyagers*
Izzy
Is there anychance there'll ever be a meet in Florida?Preferablly Central Florida?
*puppy dog eyes*

-Izzy
Cath Sparrow
You'd have to set up a thread to ask. There's not much point in asking here seeing as these are actuall arrangements for a meet so it'll be mostly people who are involved in it, which are pretty much all UK based.
Smiler
So people, 5/6 days to go depending on your arival day; we need solidified plans for meeting up etc. Places to meet just so that they're repeated closer to the more recent posts people are gonna see at a quick glance.
I seem to remember a massive TV screen down near the big shopping/ pedestrian area in the centre of town for Saturday. Who's coming in on Friday apart from Ryn & I? What sort of times etc

I think Mr.T was the last person to add to the list

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 6 2006, 02:11 PM)
Name: Teapot
Name I'd like to be called: T, MrT, Teapot.
Arriving: April 1st, not sure about time.
Leaving: April 2nd, not sure about time.
Staying at: I am trying to get a place in the YHA but I keep missing Dave and getting this woman who hasn't a clue about it. Looks like Dave has reserved a room but not put any names to it yet.
Current Tally: 9
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Smiler @ Mar 20 2006, 09:21 AM)
So people, 5/6 days to go depending on your arival day

Y'what?! Make that 11/12 days, it's not happening this weekend y'monkey!
I've booked the whole weekend off work so feasably I can make it from the Friday til the Monday, but I'm staying at Miss Sam's so it'll be down to her really.

Name I'd like to be called: Pat, or....yeah whatever you want (non-offensive preferably)
Arriving: 1st April
Leaving: 2nd April
Staying at:Casa De Pixiegoth
Current Tally: 10
Smiler
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 20 2006, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Smiler @ Mar 20 2006, 09:21 AM)
So people, 5/6 days to go depending on your arival day

Y'what?! Make that 11/12 days, it's not happening this weekend y'monkey!

I'm an insult to the monkey nations sad.gif
Sorry, yes 11/12 days, I JUST WANT IT TO BE NOW DAMMIT!!!;)

Maybe I'll post the above in a few days, like, when its relevent
Cath Sparrow
Smiler dearest we've already said on the benches by WH Smiths in Lime street Station for meeting. Your just so behind!! tongue.gif

I'm intending to stay at a friends in Liverpool Friday night so if people let me know what time they're arriving on the Saturday I can be there when ever. I'm not sure about the Friday night as it's kind of not up to me at this point. Will let you know as I find out.
Wyvern
Well I'm not sure exactly when I'll be arriving it may be thursday eve it may be friday lunchish but if peoples wish to collect me I will be most grateful as Wyvern's are easily misplaced and confused.

Eeee...not long to go now
*bounce, bounce,bounce*

Beware Liverpool the figments are coming! and its all in your head so you can never escape us! *insert sinister, blood curdling laugh as appropriate* evil.gif

Oh aye and Darkangel will be attending also, he thinks he'll be safe...or that we'll be safe. Hmm I'm not sure which is most misleading tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Well he better had be he's providing my floor space for 2 nights whether he likes it or not. tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 20 2006, 11:47 AM)
I've booked the whole weekend off work so feasably I can make it from the Friday til the Monday, but I'm staying at Miss Sam's so it'll be down to her really.

I've PM'd ya SPS biggrin.gif

Less than a week to go until the 'Pool Meet. HURRAH laugh.gif

I've given my mobile number to Cath, SPS and Mata so I am fairly easy to contact.

I've just got back from Chicago so I'm still a little jet lagged so I apologise if I've not been around much smile.gif
Pixelgoth
What's the current tally of people? unsure.gif

Has anyone heard from InKy???
froggle-rock
I'm assuming the current tally is 10.

I'm still in. Cath has me digits.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 20 2006, 11:47 AM)
Name I'd like to be called: Pat, or....yeah whatever you want (non-offensive preferably)
Staying at: Casa De Pixiegoth
Current Tally: 10

Updated dates, Mata what time are you planning on arriving at 'Pool?
Smiler
Damn! Friday cant come around quick enough wink.gif
Wytukaze
Dudes and dudettes, I really need to buy these train tickets. Bug me on IRC until I do. I'll curse you for being annoying, but it has to be done.
Mata
Name I'd like to be called: Mata, which keeps things simple, doesn't it?
Staying at: Tokolo do PixieGoth
Current Tally: 11

I just realised I'd not put myself on the list yet.

I'll be getting the 6:32 train from Winchester to arrive in PixieGoth-ville at 12:07. I'll be heading back from there around Sunday lunchtime.

I hope you all realise how horribly early you're making me get up?
Wyvern
Tickets booked and ready to roll!

Well as soon as I've packed up the ol' rucksack and left sibling with the traditional list of things not to forget whilst parents are away! dry.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 28 2006, 04:26 PM)

If you don't stop moaning I'll be waking you up at 5am with a bucket of cold water on the Sunday morning tongue.gif

Some of my friends are going to be in Liverpool on the Saturday night and they recommend the Crazyhouse as a good ol' fashioned ROCK night out. I'm not sure how many underagers we have coming and whether we'd all be able to get in but I'm up for it if others are?

Depending on those stopping at mine of course biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Can I get a round up of when people are getting into Liverpool so I know where and when to find them. So far we got:-
Wyvern - staying at same place as me on friday so not a problem.
Smiler and Ryn - at Smilers dad's friday night so also not a problem
Mata - 12ish Lime Street
Froggy and Mr T - 1ish at the bus station (near Lime Street)
*returns to death bed*

Might not be up for the Krazy House unless I've improvered alot by the weekend. Sorry. sad.gif
froggle-rock
Begone foul lurgies of lurgieness!

Yep, yep T and I shall be in about 1300 hours at Liverpool Coach Station on Norton St.

Teapot, We can get a train from Lewisham to Charing Cross, then the Circle or District to Victoria. I think it cost about 4 for that combined ticket. Or we can get a bus, which according to TFL takes 50 mins. Erm. Train is easiest for me. What do you think?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 29 2006, 05:06 PM)
Mata - 12ish Lime Street

No I think he is getting into Warrington at 12.07 which means we'll be catching the 12.29 from Central and we will arrive at Lime Street at 12.57 (failing that the 12.45 which gets in at 13.21).

I thought we were all meeting at 1pm at Lime Street station. I don't know where the bus station is in Liverpool so I can't direct me or Mata there sad.gif

Can you guys get to the train station or someone tell me how easy it is to get to the bus station and how long it'll take? Alternatively can we meet at the train station at 1.30ish?

What does everyone think?
Faerieryn
Bear in mind that Matt and I may be acompanied by his sister but that shouldn't be a problem for us. CAth make sure I don't go into anything remotely looking like a shoe shop! Oh yeah and I may be thinking about getting another tattoo done whilst we're there. Only might mind you...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Mar 29 2006, 07:41 PM)
I may be thinking about getting another tattoo done whilst we're there. Only might mind you...

Hmmm, really? Which tattoo shop? I don't know any in Liverpool. That isn't to say they aren't there of course laugh.gif

I was thinking about getting a small one but may leave it until I go to San Francisco.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Mar 29 2006, 05:30 PM)
Begone foul lurgies of lurgieness!

Yep, yep T and I shall be in about 1300 hours at Liverpool Coach Station on Norton St.

Teapot, We can get a train from Lewisham to Charing Cross, then the Circle or District to Victoria.  I think it cost about 4 for that combined ticket.  Or we can get a bus, which according to TFL takes 50 mins.  Erm.  Train is easiest for me.  What do you think?

Sounds good. Train that is.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 28 2006, 04:26 PM)
I'll be getting the 6:32 train from Winchester to arrive in PixieGoth-ville at 12:07. I'll be heading back from there around Sunday lunchtime.

Okay, to get to Warrington (Bank Quay, right?) at the same time, I'd have to get a train at about 7.40am. Out of sheer guilt, a desire not to miss lunch and not to have to lug two bags, one containing a laptop (I plan to do one of my many reports on the train...or play Neverwinter Nights wink.gif) around Liverpool all day I think I might as well....I'll get to drop off my stuff right?
Cath Sparrow
Pixie dear your panicing again. tongue.gif
On Saturady morning there will be a small crowd who all have at least some knowledge of Liverpool who can split up leaving some at Lime Street and some who can go up to the coach station NEAR BY!! tongue.gif and then come back to regroup at Lime Street. We'll all meet up have no worries this is what mobile numbers are for. biggrin.gif
Me and Darkangel both know Liverpool pretty well (it's Darkangels flat I'm staying at what with him living there and all tongue.gif) so between the 2 of us we wont get lost.
Cath Sparrow
Just found out we have Condoleeza Rice visiting Liverpool this weekend so it's going to be more nuts than normal. We made our arrangments first she should change hers! mad.gif
Wytukaze
Tickets bought. I should be arriving into Ellpool about 11AMish on the Friday, if all goes to plan.
Spacehappy
Wish i was going, you best not have fun without me .......i wanted to get Wyvern wear my fleece! rolleyes.gif
Smiler
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 30 2006, 07:01 PM)
Just found out we have Condoleeza Rice visiting Liverpool this weekend so it's going to be more nuts than normal. We made our arrangments first she should change hers!  mad.gif

She's in Blackpool today with Jack Straw.

I'm at work now, leaving @ 1, getting the train at 5.15, getting to 'Pool about 7.45.
If anyone else is on the train PM before 1 and I'll drop you my number. Otherwise, see you on the other side
Usurper MrTeapot
Last night I had a dream about packing for the Mata Meet.
Smiler
Just remember, Wyvern's should not be put in bags wink.gif

I'M ON MY WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
froggle-rock
Due to my ex employers unreliability I have not been paid today. This means that although I have accomodation and travel to Liverpool, I've nowt else. I'mma see what can be done and post back later.

/me makes fart noises
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 30 2006, 10:02 PM)
Wish i was going, you best not have fun without me .......i wanted to get Wyvern wear my fleece! rolleyes.gif

Get a train ticket and some accomidation and I'm sure you can still make it!!!!

And Froggy get your ass up here anyway and we'll sort you out OR ELSE!!!!
Wytukaze
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 30 2006, 08:56 PM)
Tickets bought. I should be arriving into Ellpool about 11AMish on the Friday, if all goes to plan.

Er. As it's after 4PM on Friday, it might be important for me to correct this. I meant Saturday. Whew.
Smiler
YAY in Liverpool now, at my Dad's.

FROGGY GET YOUR BUM UP HERE wink.gif
froggle-rock
/me stands to attention.

I had a brief chat with Cath earlier, and I will be on my way on the morrow with T. *hugs teh Cath*

See you all in a bit. biggrin.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Sorry guys.

The T-Man's going to sit this one out.

I should be waking up in a few hours to leave, but as you can see I'm awake still. Just finished watching the first episode of Band of Brothers, I've got 9 hour long episodes to go. Oh and I'm trying to do an hour of Oblivion gameage then an hours BoB.

Sorry, hope you all have fun. And take pictures!
WeeJ
Have a fab time today people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.