Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet - Liverpool 1st April 2006
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Pixelgoth
OK Cath tongue.gif I'll see you there. Although I'm sure you've already left by now...if not...why not dry.gif

laugh.gif

I'm picking Mata and Pat up in 30 minutes and then we are getting the train to 'Pool.

See you there people biggrin.gif

*skips around madly* wacko.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well that was fun!
*falls asleep*
ZZZZZZZZZZZ...
Mata
I'm home safe and sound, and I'm now off to soak in a bath. Mmmm... Bubbles.

I'll post photos very soon! *hugs everyone*

I had a great time and so thanks to everyone involved in vaguely organising it smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Also had a great time and am now warm again after a hot shower. Thanks Teapot. tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
And the winner is....

ME!

Pictures online, I've not cut out the dodgy ones and I've not bothered rotating the portrait type ones because I'm just damn lazy, tilt your head or something, I might fix it later...maybe
Usurper MrTeapot
Thanks Pat. Theres me flashing (half of me anyway), my shoe and doing various odd things with Pixie's skirt (thats insentive for people to go look now isn't it?)

Oh and I've just noticed I stand really oddly compared to normal people, I look much better sitting down doing bugger all.

Photos (with captions!) coming soon.
froggle-rock
Home, safe and dry.

I had such a good time. Liverpool, I think is my favorite location so far.

/me hugs

Were you going to give SPS a backhander, Cath?
Usurper MrTeapot
You mean Smiler. You must be tired.

I'll update with photos when Photobucket stops being down, I think I killed it.
Pixelgoth
Also home safe and sound....well....I was on Saturday night but that's not the point dry.gif

An excellent set of photos. What no captions?!? sad.gif I guess you're going to have to explain the many shots of me looking startled by the flash, SPS! dry.gif

Had an wicked time biggrin.gif I forgot how much fun they can be!!

Whensa' the next one then wink.gif

Booyakasha!
WeeJ
Woman!...you didn't bloody phone me back did you!!! I was looking forward to saying hi to everyone sad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Apr 3 2006, 06:13 PM)
Woman!...you didn't bloody phone me back did you!!! I was looking forward to saying hi to everyone sad.gif

No. Sorry. Did you not see the text I sent you then? unsure.gif
Izzy
LMAO! I just say the pics. and am laughing so hard about the one with the guy in the skirt. ...Why did he have on a skirt anyway? blink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Which one? Two people wear the skirt....well one sorta wears it, but his bum's too big. tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
If you keep saying things like that, you're going to give him an eating disorder.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well maybe he could stand to loose a few pounds?
Forever Unknown
I bet he's sticking his fingers down his throat right this second. You're a bad bad man. Next you'll be encouraging him to cut himself.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Naw, the scars it leaves are ugly, I wouldn't want to ruin his pretty little arms.
Mata
That's enough of that.

Here's some more pictures! Hurrah!

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/april1st2006-liverpool/

Don't miss the bonus feature at the end!
Moosh
Mata, your 'click for bigger' links don't work.

Other than that looks like you all had a great time as usual, I particularly enjoyed the bonus feature.
Mata
Oo yes, I forgot to upload those bits, thanks; they're working again now smile.gif

I really should have compressed the quicktime, but I've spent enough time putting the page together as it is!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 4 2006, 04:43 PM)
I really should have compressed the quicktime, but I've spent enough time putting the page together as it is!

Yes, yes you should. You KNOW I only have dial up dry.gif

You really are a comic wit. Those photos had me wetting myself. I honestly didn't know I knew that much about the charge of the light brigade. I'm hoping this will hold me in good stead when I have my first museum interview!! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
I laughed myself silly. I als odidn't know I could look demure. biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Updated my pictures with captions and rotated them appropriately, Mata's are funnier though... *sulk*
Izzy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 4 2006, 05:16 AM)
Which one? Two people wear the skirt....well one sorta wears it, but his bum's too big. tongue.gif

I thought there were three people wearing the skirt? Or were two of the pictures of the same person?
Moosh
There is one picture of Shaun wearing the skirt and two pictures of Pat wearing the skirt.
Pixelgoth
Actually, 4 people tried my new skirt on: SPS, Smiler, Mata and Teapot. Luckily it has lycra in it otherwise I'd just have wasted good money! wink.gif laugh.gif

I was going to show them how it should be worn but I couldn't get home to change and my legs would've looked all pudgy without tights and the proper biker boots biggrin.gif

I'm taking it with me when I see Rob Zombie in LA so I'll make sure Ed takes some pics and I'll let you see how it should be worn laugh.gif

Don't worry SPS...your photos were first on the board so you win wink.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 4 2006, 04:36 PM)
I'm taking it with me when I see Rob Zombie in LA so I'll make sure Ed takes some pics and I'll let you see how it should be worn laugh.gif

biggrin.gif You just reminded me how I'm going to see Rob Zombie (and a bunch of otherbands) on the 30th.
Usurper MrTeapot
Well since Ryn has threatened to kill me if I post the picture I have of her I am goin to do it anyway...but I've been drinking and gaming and working so the update of my pictures shall have to wait.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 4 2006, 08:09 PM)
I thought there were three people wearing the skirt? Or were two of the pictures of the same person?

*points* What he said... VVV

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Apr 4 2006, 08:11 PM)
There is one picture of Shaun wearing the skirt and two pictures of Pat wearing the skirt.
Tarantio
Dang, and just when I start thinking that I can get five minutes to myself away from real life and I up and miss another meet. Ah well, I've been reliably informed of a meet in Winchester during the summer, so this little lost lamb (apologies for the unexpected leave of absence btw) may be able to return to the fold for a while at some point soon. Now, to tackle some more openGL... sad.gif

Missing you all!
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 4 2006, 09:36 PM)
I'm taking it (skirt) with me when I see Rob Zombie in LA so I'll make sure Ed takes some pics and I'll let you see how it should be worn laugh.gif

That reminds me Pixie, you wanted reminding to get the new Rob Zombie album. biggrin.gif

/me hugs teh Tara-Lamb
Mata
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Apr 4 2006, 09:36 PM)
Actually, 4 people tried my new skirt on: SPS, Smiler, Mata and Teapot.  Luckily it has lycra in it otherwise I'd just have wasted good money! wink.gif laugh.gif

I would like to point out that I only put it on my head because I feel no desperate urge to put on skirts whenever I have the excuse biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Apr 5 2006, 04:25 AM)
Missing you all!

Likewise matey. Come back soon! 'Shame you missed the northern-most meet because I know Winchester takes forever to get to for you.
Ashbless
Yet another occasion I would've loved to attend. Looks like it was a great time. Right then, England is definitely one of the places I'm saving to go to. biggrin.gif

I don't suppose we can lure you to Canada?
Smiler
WOW! What an awesome meet! Sorry, it’s the first time I’ve been able to get on the internet frivolously since getting back.
Ryn, Anne-Marie & I all got back on Monday afternoon and had a blast.

EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE you made it an awesome weekend. And Tpot, my Blood Brother of the Beard, may Thor’s beard forgive you…

Now lets have a look at these photos
froggle-rock
I'd just like to post and say, thank you so very much for showing those of use who stayed on later a a nice time, Dark Angel. The place we ate at6 on Sunday was scrummy, and the cake (what was it called again... Humbley pumbley cake? 0o). Oh the cake was teh gruvalicious (If I han't already filled my belly with rice and okra!). Thanks for showing us about a bit. Much appreciated.

/me rubs belly.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Smiler @ Apr 6 2006, 08:17 AM)
EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE you made it an awesome weekend. And Tpot, my Blood Brother of the Beard, may Thor’s beard forgive you…

Blood Brother of the Burger!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Apr 5 2006, 07:49 AM)
That reminds me Pixie, you wanted reminding to get the new Rob Zombie album.  biggrin.gif 

I bought it on the day....just shows how much attention you were paying!! dry.gif tongue.gif
Wyvern
Sorry its taken so long to post but that meet was AWESOME! I loved it, absolutely, every little bit of it you wonderous forumites really know how to have a fantastic time!

As soon as I can afford to get my pictures developed I'll post them up for you all but there aren't many and it will take a while I'm afraid.

Anyway once again it was amazing to see everyone and I look with eager anticipation towards the next gathering.
Mata
There were definitely more cameras around than photos posted so far...
froggle-rock
I was thinking the same thing, Mata. Though th eonly other camera I can remember is Smiler's sister's.

I really liked your captions, btw, Mata. wink.gif
Pixelgoth
I only got two pictures on the day and they aren't electronic so I can't post them. It's just Mata with the skirt on his head and SPS with the skirt on which I think you've seen already smile.gif

I now have a digital camera (courtesy of Dad for my 30th) so I'll be fully armed at the next meet. It even takes video with sound biggrin.gif Bring on the silly dances :lol
Cath Sparrow
Finally got round to watchinng the bounus video of Smiler dancing and the scary part is I know exactly what he's dancing to because the git got it stuck in my head to. We were working on getting everyone subconsiouly singing it to. evil.gif

Ye Gads! when did I get 3000 posts! and it's true I do eat meals whilst posting. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.