Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet - Liverpool 1st April 2006
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Feb 9 2006, 09:34 PM)
Looks around for SPS dry.gif

*waves* over here!
Cath Sparrow
So are you going to be over here then?
Pixelgoth
I suggest we meet at Liverpool Lime Street at 1pm smile.gif I thought I'd already mentioned times earlier in the thread but just to reiterate wink.gif

We need a definite spot so when I pop to Liverpool in the near future I will choose a specific place if that's OK? unsure.gif

SPS, you coming to 'pool?!?!?!? dry.gif
Cath Sparrow
Pixie dearest trust me on this Limestreet Station isn't that big we will be able to find everyone easily. I will surgest the benches outside the opening to WH Smiths as a specific place because it probably is the best point and the most obvious point and also when I seem to meet people when we haven't even stated a place. tongue.gif
Dont panic about it it'll be fine we will find you. biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 15 2006, 06:46 PM)
Pixie dearest trust me on this Limestreet Station isn't that big we will be able to find everyone easily. I will surgest the benches outside the opening to WH Smiths as a specific place because it probably is the best point and the most obvious point and also when I seem to meet people when we haven't even stated a place. tongue.gif
Dont panic about it it'll be fine we will find you. biggrin.gif

OK smile.gif
Wyvern
Well mistress Frogg has prodded and poked me and hopefully, all appendages crossed I will be coming to Liverpool.
As ever it hinges upon my boss and the infinite kindness I'm hoping she will show in granting me that weekend off...things are currently about 60/40 against but I shall employ ever device at my command.

If necessary I shall learn to batt my little eyelashes and look adorable, not that it will work on her but I can at least then say I tried absolutely Everything!
michael1384
what are these meets everyone keeps talking about? blink.gif
Moosh
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Feb 17 2006, 02:08 PM)
what are these meets everyone keeps talking about? blink.gif

Basically a load of people from the board get together somewhere and have fun. See threads about previous meets:

(Note: these are in the order I found them, not the order that they happened. They may also be meet-planning threads, photo treads or whatever, I can't be bothered to read through them all)

Glasgow, July 05

Camden March 05

Nottingham Jan 05

London Nov 04

California July 04

Possibly Winchester Jan/Feb 04?

There are others, but I can't find them as the Search thing won't let me search for 'meet'.

I've just realised how bored I must be to sit and look up all this stuff for you.
Cath Sparrow
*Gives CM a round of applause* You only missed 3 that I can think of unless there's been over meets in London. You missed the very first in Birmingham and the 2nd notts meet which was under the name of Candingham and the Manchester meet which is under the name of Inkies Hen weekend I'm pretty impressed though for an unintiated forumite.
Mata
As the photos show, alcohol is usually predominant theme for the meets too:

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/july2nd200...nottingham.html

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/march19th2...rch19th2005.htm

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/nov7th2004.../nov7th2004.htm

I love that photo.
Cath Sparrow
Meet pic's make me giggle with good memories. biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Hell yeah smile.gif Michael are you gonna come and meet us mad people? laugh.gif

Do we have a running number of people???
michael1384
no i might not. i'm far too young.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 17 2006, 07:22 PM)

Believe it or not - you can just about see my hand and chin in that picture.
Sir Psycho Sexy
The interesting question is why in the name of greek buggery am I sucking on my thumb?!

Was Shaun's top inside out still at that point?

Oh wait...I remember, it wasn't greek buggery, it was greek dessert, sticky sweet goodness! tongue.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, meet, will try, April's so far away though, would like to not miss it, I havn't seen Sam since that confused hug and palming off of money at the first meet in Brum!
Usurper MrTeapot
No, I think I ran to a dark corner of the tube to switch it before anyone noticed, a bit late for that I think.

And why, of all pictures with me in the background somewhere, pick that one!
Calantyr
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 17 2006, 07:22 PM)

I love that photo.

Oooh! Theres me in the back with the blonde hair! *waves*

Fantastic night, fondly remembered. smile.gif Can't wait to do it again some time.
Faerieryn
Smiler and I will definitely be there. Not sure whether we'll be staying with his family or elsewhere but I have just discovered that Travellodge are doing a super saver at the mo with rooms for a tenner a night. They appear to be currently available at the right date and pplace so...
froggle-rock
Sweet price for the rooms! I thought I'd be cheap and go for a hostel tongue.gif

See you there, hunny.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 18 2006, 02:00 AM)
Edit: Oh yeah, meet, will try, April's so far away though, would like to not miss it, I havn't seen Sam since that confused hug and palming off of money at the first meet in Brum!

You have absolutely NO excuse to miss this! tongue.gif I am going down to Essex on the Thursday before to have a memorial for my Mum and then I'm driving back up on the Friday after the service.

And you know what that money was for and, before anyone says it, no it wasn't for sexual favours!! laugh.gif
Smiler
Looking at those pics it seems I'm good for drinking, fishing trips and Matthew Broderick impressions- hmmm 1/3 wont dissapoint anyone will it? wink.gif
Yep Ryn and I will be there. May stay at my Dads just on the outskirts one night but we'll probably be up on Friday coming home on Monday so as to get 10 tickets there & back.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Feb 20 2006, 12:40 PM)
You have absolutely NO excuse to miss this! tongue.gif  I am going down to Essex on the Thursday before to have a memorial for my Mum and then I'm driving back up on the Friday after the service.

And you know what that money was for and, before anyone says it, no it wasn't for sexual favours!! laugh.gif

Ok, 1st April is when my easter break starts, so in theory I should be able to make it with no worky contraints, now comes the challenge of finding a place to crash, argh! HATE ORGANISING!
Wytukaze
I am signifying my intent to attend this merry shindig, using this: sad.gif

Thankyou, that is all.
Pixelgoth
Can you all please fill out the form earlier in the thread so we can keep a running tally of who is coming smile.gif Remember to pass your contact details onto Cath if you want to be kept in the loop if you get lost/delayed or we do smile.gif Cath are you the official contact?!? unsure.gif
Cath Sparrow
Sure am! biggrin.gif
Wytukaze
Name: Wytukaze
Name you'd like to be called: Don't care. Others call me Wy, Monty or Steve, so I'll respond to those. [EDIT: Also Esteban .]
Stopping over and where: Yes, and probably (possibly) at Samorine's house.
Number so far: 4?
Faerieryn
Crap. Double post. Sorry Stoopid puter!!!
Faerieryn
Name: Faerieryn
Name I'd like to be called: Anything Except Miss Foster!
Arriving: Friday Night
Leaving: Early monday morning I think
Staying at: Smiler and me will either be with family or at the travelodge
Number so far: 5
Cath Sparrow
Well I found out owners of the floor I was going to scrounge are going to be in Whitby at a Pirates party on the Grand Turk which I'm also invited to go to. sad.gif
froggle-rock
Oh noes! Whatcha gonna do, Cath?

sad.gif
Cath Sparrow
Is there still space in your Youth Hostel room?
Sir Psycho Sexy
Does the Inky-tron live near Liverpool? Could he be persuaded to come too? I'd like that.
Samorine
Name: Sam
Name you'd like to be called: Sam
Stopping over and where: My house biggrin.gif Liverpool is the bestest!
Number so far: 6!
Wyvern
Right then slight technical glitch in the booking of time off, managed to book wrong weekend will hurry to rectify tomorrow morning but assuming all adjusts as it should.

Name: Wyvern
Name I'd like to be called: Wyvern, Erin, Mistress of the jellybean and if your really, really good I might let you use Wyvy!Age: 24
Arriving: Friday Night or saturday morn (must confer with Madame Cath)Leaving: Sunday probably although as late as possible
Staying at: YHA with the delectable Madame Frog
Current Tally: 7 I think
Tom
*runs up to group of people* HELLO *runs back and stays in a bush until he is ready to chop down a tree with a Hering*
Smiler
TICKETS BOOKED FOR THE TRAIN_ NO TURNING BACK !!!!
Name: Smiler
Name I'd like to be called: Smiler, Matt, Mini, Matthew, The Barrel, The Barman
Arriving: Friday Night into Liverpool Lime Street
Leaving: Monday morning 10ish (that way you I get cheap 10 ticket wink.gif
Staying at: Either a form of Travel lodge or my Dad's. FaerieRyn's in charge so maybe the YHA
Current Tally: 8
Pixelgoth
You have to come Cath ohmy.gif You're the official contact. I don't know what everyone looks like sad.gif

*sobs quietly*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 26 2006, 03:22 AM)
Does the Inky-tron live near Liverpool? Could he be persuaded to come too? I'd like that.

He lives near Stoke so not near Liverpool. If anyone has his number send me a PM and I'll try and get in touch smile.gif

BTW Cath, I will not be able to meet you for the first time if you don't come to the meet sad.gif

Also, do we need parental consent for anyone under 18???? unsure.gif
Wytukaze
Hmm. Surely someone under 18 would get parental permission by default? If they don't, I don't think it's our (legal) responsibility. That said, I'm not planning on attacking anyone, or letting anyone get attacked, or drink, or take drugs, or suddenly mutate into something hideous and unmentionable, so we should be fine.

Oh, just to make it clear, I'm not suggesting any minors do come without parental permission. Go get it!
Cath Sparrow
DONT PANIC! I will be there.
and I do actually have a number from the last meet for Inky I'll PM it to you Pixie. See I do have most peoples numbers (wonders who should be worried them or me).
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Mar 2 2006, 06:06 PM)
I do actually have a number from the last meet for Inky I'll PM it to you Pixie. See I do have most peoples numbers (wonders who should be worried them or me).

THEM! tongue.gif wink.gif

I just got your PMs so thanks for clearing all matters up.

Looking forward to it!
Usurper MrTeapot
Name: Teapot
Name I'd like to be called: T, MrT, Teapot.
Arriving: April 1st, not sure about time.
Leaving: April 2nd, not sure about time.
Staying at: I am trying to get a place in the YHA but I keep missing Dave and getting this woman who hasn't a clue about it. Looks like Dave has reserved a room but not put any names to it yet.
Current Tally: 9

Woo, first Meet for me outside London.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 6 2006, 01:11 PM)
Staying at: I am trying to get a place in the YHA but I keep missing Dave and getting this woman who hasn't a clue about it. Looks like Dave has reserved a room but not put any names to it yet.
Current Tally: 9

Woo, first Meet for me outside London.

Hrmm. I'll give you a call tonight and see what's gwaning, k, T?
Smiler
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 1 2006, 11:55 PM)
I'm not planning on ... suddenly mutate into something hideous and unmentionable...

BOOOOO! Take all the fun out of it wink.gif

Looks like me and the Faerie are gonna rough it at my Dads instead of the hotel cos its all a bit pricey. May have a last ditch at the YH but in vs. 0, 0 may win out

CATH, you recon they'd fit us all in at the food restauranty diner thingy?
Cath Sparrow
I think so, may have to squash up or spread out a little but we'll have a damn good go.
Usurper MrTeapot
Right, booked and cooked. Teapot's cummin' ta Liverpool! Arriving around 1pm ish.
Pixelgoth
Ooo it's all so exciting. So did we say on the benches outside WHSmith?? unsure.gif I shall be wearing my new Matazone t-shirt anyways biggrin.gif

*skips around in anticipation*
froggle-rock
And other clothes, right Pixie? tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Mar 9 2006, 01:28 PM)
Ooo it's all so exciting.  So did we say on the benches outside WHSmith?? unsure.gif  I shall be wearing my new Matazone t-shirt anyways biggrin.gif

*skips around in anticipation*

Yes!
tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Mar 9 2006, 02:08 PM)
And other clothes, right Pixie? tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

*pulls funked out of gutter*

tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.