Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I remember when...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Misty Rain
I remember the lamp lighter lighting the street lamp outside our house.

Before that there were no street lights and the black sky growled and the earth shook and the flames started and we had the biggest adventure playground you ever did see.

Misty Rain
Psych_Otic
I remember when I was mittens322. I had a cool avatar.
Feyliya
I remember waking up one morning when I was probably about four and having no memory at all. I was totally fine with this, though, as I didn't even remember that I was supposed to have a memory, or that I had even existed before that day. I had the vague feeling that I was forgetting something all morning, but I didn't pay much attention to it as I didn't know there were things to forget. I didn't remember my name, or even that I had a name, until that afternoon while playing on the swings. I remember laying on my stomach on the swing and drawing in the sand, trying to work out what it was that was bugging me so badly. It got worse and worse; I felt like my mind was beating against a steel cage trying to remember what it was that I had forgotten. Then suddenly my mother called my name and a sense of identity washed over me as I remembered that I had a name, and that it was Christie. Then I went back to playing in the sand. I didn't even think that there might be other memories missing, too.

I remember sitting in the back seat of my mother's station wagon in my grandparents' driveway a few months later as another car pulled in. I remember my mom's face being panicked, and her getting out of the car and running to my grandparents' door and ringing the bell. I remember my mom and grandparents going up to the other car and shouting at the man who had gotten out. Then I remember the man coming up to my car and opening the door. I remember him saying that he was my dad and asking if I remembered him. I, of course, said yes. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I was always a polite child. But I didn't remember anything past a few months earlier when I had woken up as a completely blank slate.

I remember lying on my mother's bed in our apartment and talking to myself. Except that I wasn't talking to myself, I was talking to my friends who all lived inside me. There were seven of them. They talked to me, too, and I had to be quiet when they talked because they couldn't talk when I did. Only one of us could talk at a time. I remember feeling sad as they all slipped away through the years, disappearing into the mists of my mind. I remember when I was nine and the last left. I was so alone. She'd been there for as long as I could remember and then she was gone.

I remember later, in middle school, reading a story about a lady whose childhood had been so bad that she repressed her memories. But repressing the memories didn't help her multiple personality disorder, and she still blacked out at times and did things she didn't remember doing. By this time I had managed to recover a good few memories of when my father had beaten me and my mother. Putting two and two together wasn't all that hard.

I can still feel that steel cage that hides a lot of the bad memories from when I was a child. It's still there, my mind and memories have just grown around it. Sometimes I wonder what's in there. I wonder if that's where Demetria and the other six went when I grew capable enough to function without them, or if they just sublimated completely back into my personality.

Above all this, the memory that stands out the most is the cool, still blackness that came after my memories were gone. Ignorance isn't bliss because you don't have any points of refrence to differentiate between happiness and sadness, good and bad. Ignorance is just peace; blank and quiet.
michael1384
Very deep.
Righteous
I remember the first fight I got into. I was in the first grade. These older girls were throwing sand in my brother's face. I wasn't digging that. I yelled at them. One came at me and I spin kicked her in the face. I busted her lip open. She deserved it as far as I'm concerned. No one does that to my brother.

The next fight I got into was four years later. The kid's annoying laugh was the straw for me on a really bad day. When we were sent out into the hall, my brother walked by while running and errand for his teacher. He had a look of "Oh, good God, what the Hell happened?"

I remember 1994.

I remember when Curt Cobain died and not crying until ten years later.

I remember when Beck's "Loser" came out. It was one of my favorite songs and still is.

I remember Green Day inspiring me to become a musician.

I remember the first tape I bought: Green Jelly's 333. I sang to the songs therein at the top of my lungs and loved it. Imagine an elementary school kid shouting along to, "I'm out of my mind. No time to waste. It helps me unwind. I love the chase. This wasting, dude, is nothing but rude. There's no stoppin' all this droppin'." I think my parents would have been less upset about it if they knew is was about a Spider-Man villain.

I remember before the Marvel universe went to Hell, like when they did horror like Morbius and Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange and Werewolf by Night. I also remember when Sleepwalker was a prevolent character and when Generation X was still around and before Spider-Man sucked.
Izzy
QUOTE (Righteous @ May 29 2006, 05:45 AM) *
I remember 1994.

QUOTE (candice @ somehwere on page 7)
I remember the year devil's daughter was born very clearly.

Everyone remembers the year but me...sad.gif lol
Phyllis
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 29 2006, 02:34 AM) *
QUOTE (candice @ somehwere on page 7)

I remember the year devil's daughter was born very clearly.

Everyone remembers the year but me...sad.gif lol

It's because I was 12! tongue.gif

I remember when I didn't listen to music. I just didn't. Can't imagine doing that now.

I remember thinking I was invincible.

I remember learning about sex for the first time, and thinking it was the weirdest freaking thing anyone had ever told me.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (candice @ May 31 2006, 09:13 AM) *
I remember when I didn't listen to music. I just didn't. Can't imagine doing that now.

I think that from ages 7-11 I took a personal stand against music.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I remember not listening to music too. I actually didn't like it until I was like 15 or something
ohmy.gif
Witless
I remember assuming that I would for a fact one day have kids and get married.

I remember being scared of girls.

I remember having a fantasy life inside my head, that I used to live everytime I was alone.

I remember having an imaginary friend.

I remember when people at school and my mother told me santa wasn't real, and I continued to believe he was anyway for two more years.

I remember not realising I was a stubborn person.

I remember when I first played through final fantasy 7, and being upset when Aeris died *shakes his head at himself in shame*.

I remember thinking I'd die a virgin.

I remember people thinking I was gay, and it bugging me.

I remember people thinking I was gay and it amusing me a lot.

I remember the first time I changed my hair colour and thinking I was being daring.

I remember when I couldn't imagine myself with my natural hair colour.

I remember the first time I bought clothes on the basis of liking them rather than for practical reasons.

I remember when I decided, "ok.. emotions aren't so bad".

I remember when I decided that I gave myself half decent advice sometimes.. I could just never tell when one of those times was.

I remember joining the matazone, and feeling intimidated.

Ok.. that's enough from me.. some more later.. perhaps..
Daria
I remember when I ate meat and liked the smell of cooking bacon (it makes me feel sick now).
I remember when I didn't go on the internet everyday and when it was almost a special thing to use the computer.
I remember buying CDs instead of getting free promo copies of things.
I remember, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind. Ha ha!*
I remember when I only listened to music on the radio, but even then I disliked most of what was on it.
I remember my late granpa introducing me to the works of Gershwin and singing Summertime to me as a lullaby.

*sorry, it had to be done. It pops into my head whenever I read the title of this thread (rhyme not intended)
I_am_the_best
I remember when I thought the idea of being able to see was completely mind boggling and I just couldn't understand it.
I remember when I first discovered I could move my eyes. I was four I think and I never realised I could do it before. I probably did it subconciously though. I started my blinking and openining my eyes in a different position. I practised this until I moved them with my eyes open. And then when I ran to tell my parents they told me not to be so silly.
Moosh
I remember the first time I used a computer and being amazed at how cool Windows 3.1 was.

I remember when I thought 1 was a lot of money.

I remember 1994 as well, but only because that's the year that Ayrton Senna died.

I remember my first day at primary school. And my first day at my second primary school. And my first day at my third primary school.

I remember the first CD I bought with my own money, (It was Wheatus, I'm so very sorry).

Can't think of any more at the moment.
I remember looking forward to saturdays, when I could go spend my pocket money on sweets biggrin.gif
Izzy
I remeber the first time I went on a website that was hosted by British people and seeing words like "colour", "armour", "favourite", etc. and thinking that for adults, these people had really bad spelling. I also misspelled a spelling word in first grade because of it!
I remember learning basic html and making a really badly designed website. It was still better than most myspaces though biggrin.gif

I remember when I wasn't addicted to the internet..
Righteous
QUOTE (Witless @ May 31 2006, 01:10 PM) *
I remember being scared of girls.

Dude, I'm 21 and scared sh*tless to talk to women.
I remember not realising I was a stubborn person.

Me too, but that's only because everyone in my family is.
I remember thinking I'd die a virgin.

Me too.
I remember joining the matazone, and feeling intimidated.

Me too, dude.
I remember when I wasn't addicted to the internet.

Yeah, dude. Same here. I can actually recall how I ended up getting addicted when I was in seventh grade.

I remember when I didn't say "dude" as much. I also remember when I had a vocabulary similar to that of my peers, particularly in the slang department.

I remember when I hated the Rebel flag.

I remember biking to the video store and the comic book store every Wednesday. It was a pretty lengthy ride. I don't know how I stayed fat. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I'd hit the deli along the way every once-in-a-while.

I remember learning to use the mitre saw and table saw and how apalled I was to find out that it was illegal for a thirteen-year-old to use them.

I remember my first full-time job. I did tile at fifteen. I also remember my brother's first full-time job. He did tile at thirteen. We made damn good money.

I remember before my litle sister could tell her birlth story better than I do. Her version is cuter, too. It goes something like this: "Jamie had a dream where he saw me and Mommy in the hospital when I was born and God told him that my name was Gabrielle in honor of the angel Gabriel. And He said I was gonna have red hair and blue eyes. And Mommy didn't believe Jamie, but when I was born, I had red hair and blue eyes just like Jamie told her. Hee hee. Jamie met me before Mommy did."

I remember when she referred to me as James and how weird it sounded.

I also remember the first time when someone asked where she got her red hair and she responded, "God gave it to me."

I remember when my mom would sing to me when I was upset or sleepy.

I remember how weird it felt when I sang the same songs to my little sister when she was upset or tired and our mom wasn't around.

I remember putting my sister to bed when she was a baby.

I remember both times I ever saw my father cry.

I remember before my room and livingroom had holes in the walls.

I remember the first few times I cut myself. They was on my forehead (I had long hair and would wear goggles or bandannas a lot).

I remember thinking I was going to get married at 18 and annoying the crap out of other Matazonians because I was so hung up on her for so long.

I remember how I became a clown.
Izzy
I remember the first time I cursed. Got in alot of trouble for it.

I remember when I didn't sleep with the radio on.

I remember when I thought blue was the best color ever.

I remember my first best friend, and how upset we both were that he was moving for fourth grade.

I remember how Lucas (first bestfriend) gave me the name Izzy in pre-school.

I remember hanging out with only guys.

I remember the first bone I broke, laying there on the ground crying, and my uncle running outside from the house and calling my mom.

I remember when I thought the internet was stupid. *shivers*

I remember getting stuck ontop of the monkey bars.

I remember being convinced I was a Jedi, and how upset we all were when this one dude broke his leg from jumping off of the monkey bars, and being told we weren't aloud to any more.

I remember my first skateboard.

I remember going to the comic book section of the bookstore every Saturday to play Yu-Gi-Oh. I remember getting kicked out of the bookstore for stealing stupid stuff. (Well, now I realize it was stupid stuff, it was cool then.)

I remember being obsessed with Star Wars.

I remember free comic book day.

I remember not being able to put down the Cirque Du Freak books until I was done with all of them.
{Gothic Angel}
I remember swinging over a 5m high bar on one leg in primary school 50 times in a row.

I remember the first time I used a purple font, messaging someone to ask if they minded if I used the same font colour as them.

I remember reading Wyrd Sisters for the first time and loving it, thereby starting a lifelong obsession.

I remember thinking Mata was a girl for ages when I only watched his animations, because my friend mistyped something in msn (Sorry tongue.gif)
I_am_the_best
I remember when I accidentally discovered Debussy on a quest for a different composer...
I love this topic. cool.gif

I remember:
  • thinking I'd never drink alcohol, smoke or do anything bad like that
  • the first time I did drink alcohol, very slowly because I was scared of getting drunk and embarassing myself
  • being disappointed that there was no peer pressure on me to do bad things
  • being very annoying and emo
  • writing in text speak and stupid made up words all the time ph34r.gif
  • thinking I was so much less immature than other kids my age, when I really wasn't
  • feeling very sad when my best friend went to a different school and I had no friends in year 3 sad.gif
  • going to the same school again in year 7 smile.gif
  • when I had to do cooking in school and I cried because I forgot to sieve the flour or something? and whatever I was making collapsed. Also I burnt most things I made. I suck at cooking.
  • getting 100% on a volcanoes test - w00t!
  • being rejected for a job at tescos. ohmy.gif
voices_in_my_head
I remember fearing Y2K.

It's weird to think that that was six years ago.

I remember dancing in front of my bedroom mirror to Brittney Spears and The Backstreet Boys.

I remember starting fifth grade, and thinking about how I'd never make it to highschool and be like 'the big kids'.

I remember realising that I would be starting highschool next year and being completly suprised that it had come so fast.
Cookieflair
I remember starting high school and thinking i would never learn my way around and then figuring it out in about a week

I remember when I was little and could actually taste the difference between the different coloured m&ms

I when i first started writing in colour here and being really frustrated because i kept spelling colour the english way

voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Cookieflair @ Jun 24 2006, 11:47 AM) *

I remember when I was little and could actually taste the difference between the different coloured m&ms

biggrin.gif Me too. The red ones were my favorite. (They were very obviously cherry flavored.)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 24 2006, 04:36 PM) *
I remember fearing Y2K.

It's weird to think that that was six years ago.

That is strange. I remember my friends parents buying all this pointless software for their computer because they were scared it was going to explode or something.

I remember going to the millenium dome. I got to go twice because we complained about all the queues preventing us from doing anything the first time. I remember there was some thing where you could record your opinions on things and listen to what some random person had recorded before. (I think that was there anyway) That was quite cool I suppose. It seems like the kinda thing you'd find on we make money not art actually..

I remember the first time they gave out free book vouchers in school (or the first time I got anything anyway) - world book day or something.. shame you couldn't buy anything much for 1 though.

I remember when everyone loved power rangers and wondering what all the fuss was about - there wasn't even any dinosaurs!
Mr Fuzzy
I remember having worked as a jobbing tech for some time by the dreaded y2k and knowing that all the fear over it was created by the mass media to gain market share based on a few simple annoyances.

I also remember getting free milk at school on proper 1/4 size glass milk bottles.

I remember when computers would be connected with acoustic coupler modems.

I remember tape loading.

I remember breakfast TV starting.

I remember when we didn't have the oh-so-cheap 'reality' tv shoved down out throats constantly and people actually had to try to write a decent script.

I remember my school buying their first computer. It was a BBC Micro and it was very exciting.

I remember when electronics in a toy was a ridiculous extravagance.

I remember when a film would come out without the toys having been pre-sold.

I remember when children could be bothered to scamper and play in mud. They were thinner, didn't have asthma, and could eat most things without dying. There were fewer anti-bacterial cleansers in those days and we got a chance to develop an immune system.
pvcfairy
I remember the thorny bushes down the side of mr fuzzy's parents house and riding my BMX bike into them.
I remember the summer holidays when i spent time clearing the bushes behind my old house to make dens.
I remember the timen when before smelt funny and i played with them.
I remember the time when I played the yellow line monster in the school playground.
i remeber when the water was cut off wand we would fill the bath with water and go down the water meadows
more resently
I remember whipping a poor soul so that his finger scared ....I'm soooooo sorry
I remember searching for bullets in the old firing range
I remember sneaking of a smoking on the hill behind my house
I remember my first toke on a joint
I remember the petrol shortage and we had a walking bus back home it took us tw hours to do a 30min jouney because we stopped for 10-20mins every time someonen went home.
I remember riding around the car park on the bonnet of my mates car.
alot of things happend on the hill behind my old house........
s
Mr Fuzzy
Those dog roses by my house are evil. Pretty, but evil. As places to lurk when youngsters go we had a pretty good area. Lots of interesting and largely abandoned overgrown places. If one heals better than people are supposed to finger scars eventually vanish and become good past stories. It's actually getting hard to spot where I mostly cut off one of my knuckles, and even the (originally) 2 inch evil scar on the back of my right hand I got when I took a razor blade (those things freak me out) away from an entheusiast is shrinking. Yay for having a peculiar body! The only bit of damage I've taken that really persists is a spot of rust that got stuck under my skin like a tattoo when scaling a barbed wire covered door in abandoned WWII tunnels.

I remember when I wasn't so bad at keeping in touch with good friends.
Righteous
I remember when my brother sang for Social Failure. He now plays drums and sings for Cry of Crete.

I remember when I was sixteen and thought I knew what I was doing when I screamed. I later thought I threw my voice out for good and would never scream.

I remember when I started screaming again.

I remember my first kiss. It was by a creek near my house on our second date.

I remember almost kissing a girl on a dare when I was in the second grade. This was back when girls were icky.

I remember when I thought homosexuality was wrong and before I knew what bisexuality was.

I remember feeling extremely guilty when I got a letter sent home for my "misbehavior."

I remember when I thought the Bible and Christianity were silly.

I remember when Orgy came out and thinking it was weird that men wore makeup.

I remember going from non-racist to racist to non-racist (I realized that stupidity is equal-opportunity).

I remember thinking Star Trek was easier to follow than Star Wars.
monkey_called_narth
hmmm....

i remember laying on the couch with my mom and cuddling while we watched a movie.
i remember when my mom took off work to take me to springfeild in order to go shopping for a day.
i remember 1994
i remember bing a fan of the spice girls
i remember telling my freinds i would never do drugs, the day befor i smoked post for the first time
i remember the first time i got high in my brothers car, outside of the highschool... right befor going to class
i remember getting sent home from school in fifth grade beacue i decided i was a communist
i remember the first wil meeting i attended, and thinking i would get kicked out.
i remember the first meal me and ryan had together and think that i would never go out with a guy like him
i remember my first big crush when i was 16

i remember when me and ri we e-married and we would talk to each other constantly tongue.gif

i remember when i thought there was a god, and everyone who didnt were idiots.

i remember when i figured out there was no god, and thinking christians were insane.

thats all i can think of.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Righteous @ Jul 17 2006, 12:06 AM) *
I remember going from non-racist to racist to non-racist (I realized that stupidity is equal-opportunity).

Was that when you first joined the forums? If so, I remember that too because it was my very first impression of you.

I remember when I could do a cartwheel in the pool without noseplugs or earplugs (seriously, what the heck happened to my nose and ears when I grew up that made them so easily penetrable by water?)

I remember when I hated naps rather than looked forward to them.
Izzy
QUOTE (Righteous @ somewhere above)
I remember feeling extremely guilty when I got a letter sent home for my "misbehavior."

Dude...I remember getting a note sent home every other day of 3rd grade..
QUOTE (Narthie @ somewhere above)
i remember 1994

I think I'm going insane with people saying that....
voices_in_my_head
I remember sitting outside my grandma's house with my cousins and sister in a big puddle of mud. We had tin pie pans and ended up trying to sell our mud pies to our relatives.

I remember selling one of the mud pies to an uncle for a dollar, and then being confused about how I was going to split it up between all of us.

I also remember a brightly colored plastic playhouse that I had when I was three. It was nearly impossible to get me out of there.

I remember going to Courpus Christi and watching the mussels come up after a wave. It was very cool looking. They were all sorts of different colors & I would try to sort them by color, only to be dissapointed when they dug back into the sand. laugh.gif
Righteous
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 17 2006, 07:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Righteous @ Jul 17 2006, 12:06 AM) *

Was that when you first joined the forums? If so, I remember that too because it was my very first impression of you.

Well, not to get too off-topic, but when I was younger, I was uber PC and what-not primarily because it was a cover for my racist feelings, which I knew were wrong*. I slowly became aware of those feelings when confronted with reverse discrimination here in a town that is primarily black and Hispanic and for a short time embraced them when I bought drugs from a guy who was in the Klan (though bear in mind, I wasn't _nearly_ as bad as he was). Once I stopped hanging out with him, those feelings waned as I realize that it wasn't race; it was stupidity. Some just like to use their race as an excuse to be stupid, including believing one deserves special consideration or is somehow by default not a piece of crap like the rest of us (this was about the time you and I "met," Cand). Anyhow, once I started going to university and started hanging out with a lot of Asians and blacks. It wasn't that I was racist. It's that we were all racist, but had fun getting it off our chests. It helped out a lot. Not that it means anything to y'all, but one of my best friends is black* and completely understands where I'm coming from on all aforementioned points. He, like me, is cynical and believes that all people are crap, regardless of race and in a weird way, that gives us a kind of brotherhood, but that's another rant. If you want to discuss this further, IM or PM me or let's start another topic.

*To this day, I have a firm belief that most of the people who are so into political correctness or "fairness" or all kinds of affirmative actions (not just like AA, if that makes sense) or any of that crap are more racist, sexist, etc. than I could ever hope to be.

*It annoys me when people say that because it's usually a cheap way to try to convince others that one is not a racist, which may or may not be true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, I remember when my brother and I played with our action figures for hours at a time and when going to Toys 'R' Us was a spiritual experience.

I remember buying a Grim Reaper troll doll. I still have it on my shelf. I also remember Battle Trolls and Spawn and how badass they were.

I remember when my brother, our friends and I would sneak into rated-R movies. We had a whole plan, too. We'd figure out what PG or PG-13 movie (called the "safe" movie) was coinciding with the rated-R movie we wanted to see and tell our parental figures that was the movie we were seeing. When we'd get there, we'd try to buy the ticket out right (which worked only once). If that didn't work, we'd buy tickets to the safe movie and sneak into the rated-R movie. If for some reason we couldn't get into the rated-R movie, we hoped to God the safe movie was entertaining. Pre-teen/teenaged James Bonds, we were. God, I miss those days.
Izzy
Well, this is a chain letter 3 different people sent me in Gaia, and it's got a lot of memories in it.(Half the things in there I have no clue what they're talking about, but you guys are older, so yeah.)
QUOTE (Deathrites@Gaiaonline)
XP
Anybody under the age of 13 should not read this.

Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.

It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90's just wont cut it.

You're a 90's kid if:

You remember watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain , and Two Stupid Dogs.

AAAAAAAH real monsters.

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!

You just cant resist finishing this... "Iiiiiiin west philladelphia born and raised..."

You remember TGIF on ABC. Step by Step, Family Matters, Dinosaurs, and Boy Meets World.

You remember when, 2Pac and Selena died.

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early
on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You remember reading "Goosebumps"

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You remember the craze, then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record "Your FAVORITE song of ALL time"

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? was both a game and a TV game show.

Captain Planet. He's a Hero.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together.

You remember when super nintendo's and Sega Genisis became popular.

You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos... but never taped anything funny.

You remember watching home alone 1, 2 , and 3........and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"

You remember watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.

You remember when Yomega Yo-Yos were cool.

You remember those Where's Waldo books..

You remember when Mortal Kombat Was "Da Bomb"!

U remember eating Warheads.(those sour candys)

You remember watching the 1st Batman, Aladin, Ninja Turtles, and 3 Ninjas movies.

U remember Ring Pops.

U remember drinkin' Fruitopia and Surge.

if you memeber when every thing was "da BOMB"

when they made the new lunchables so that you could make tacos and pizza!!

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players

Writing M.A.S.H. notes. (and the twenty different versions of that)

Making those little paper fortune cookie things.. and then predicting your life with them.

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"

You played and/or collected "Pogs"

You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere

...Furbies.

You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.

And Windows 95 was the best.

You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers,and Ninja Turtles.

You had a favorite New Kid on the block, and you knew all of there names

Michael Jordan was a king.

Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)

You remember when the new Beanie Babies and talking Elmo were always sold out.

You collected those Beanie Babies.

Growing Pains.

Carebears and The Gummy Bear show.

Gak was the coolest thing invented.

Lambchop's song never ended.

The old dollar bills.

Silver dollars, were cool that have.

You remember a time before the WB.

You collected all the Troll dolls

You owned a portable tape player.

If you even know what an original walkman is.

You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You know the Macarena by heart.

"Talk to the hand" ... enough said

You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"

You know the significance of the number 23.

You went to McD's to play in the playplace.

You remember playing on merry go rounds...at the play ground.

YOU FORGOT .....POGS.....they were the legit shit!!!

When we were younger:

Before the MySpace frenzy...

Before the Internet & text messaging...

Before Sidekicks & iPods...

Before MIKE JONES...

Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX...

Before Sponge Bob
...Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.

When light up sneakers were cool.

When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.

When gas was $0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was a new thing.

When we recorded stuff on VCRs .

When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.

When 2Pac and Biggie where alive.

When the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever.

Way back.

when it was all about N64.

WHEN MAKING OUT WAS HAVING SEX

WHEN YOU TRADED POKEMON CARDS FOR A LIVING

Before we realized all this would eventually disappear

Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!!!!
LoLo
I remember every one of those things on that list but I was more a child of the 80s and teenager of the 90s. I swear some of those things are 80s things, still funny though.
Moosh
I remember nearly all of those, apart from the American things. But, being born in 1990, I am a 90s kid.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 27 2006, 03:08 AM) *
I remember every one of those things on that list but I was more a child of the 80s and teenager of the 90s. I swear some of those things are 80s things, still funny though.

I got an email very similar to that a while back for children of the 80's, half of the things on it are the same. I remembered all the things on the 80s one so I guess I'm a child of the 80's, even though I missed half of it.
Daria
I am a child of the 80's as well as the 90's due to older siblings and I would do the stuff they did.

Also, I am cool.
That_Guy
I remember, as a child, watching the "Frugal Gourmet".

Maybe it was the chef's charisma, maybe it was the delicious-looking food. I was friggin' mesmerized, always thinking "wouldn't it be cool if I could make that one day?"
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
On Sunday evening Vicky and I were trying to convince 3 18 year olds that Green Claws exist(ed?)s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.