Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manc Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
leopold
Well, it's been on the cards fer a while, has this... but now we should organise summat in the way of a get-together.

So Inky an I are gonna sort it!!

The plan is this: Meet up in Manchester, get drunk, have a laugh, an such an such...

Okay, so anyone who lives near Manchester, or is likely to be in the area over the next coupla months, or just fancies a trip up here, post in this here thread an we'll try an work it around so we can get as many bods together as poss.

(Tara, if yer up for this, lemme know when yer most likely to be visitin...)
spuglet
damn you damn you all! my parent lives in manchester but what with my being too young, having exams and having an overprotective father i wouldnt be able to meet.

so near and yet so far.
LoLo
I wish I lived in the UK......**sigh**
Industrial Kybosh
Well, spug... go into Manchester under some other pretense - e.g. to meet an old buddy for a bit of mid-exam retail therapy - and we'll buy you Cokes (or other non-boozy beverage) all day.

You won't feel the benefit of the inebriation, but you'll still be part of the fun wink.gif

LoLo - I wish you lived in the UK too. I wish everyone lived in the UK. And everyone who lived in the UK lived elsewhere.
spuglet
well im in manc every 2 weekends anyway so even if im not officially there, ill probably run in2 you with me father in tow...and have to pretend not to know you at all before he has a bag about meeting people off the inet and talknig to strangers....tsk
Industrial Kybosh
Pffft...

See you in Affleck's between drinks - we'll pass notes to you wink.gif
LoLo
I don't get to go but still...........bump
leopold
Thanks lo... was just about to go kick this meself...

I'm kinda surprised there's been so little take-up on this. Looks like it's gonna be just thee an me, Inky...
Industrial Kybosh
I'm so excited at the prospect of a MataMeet!

C'mon everybody! Throw down!
Industrial Kybosh
Oh, sod it leo... we can have fun without all those ungrateful SOBs...

tongue.gif

Pleeeeeeeaase show some interest, you Brit forumites...
leopold
Tell me about it! I'm half tempted to stump up the train fare for Mata to come an join us...
racingaway13
damn you brits with your small country and the ability to conceivably drive from one end to the other in under a week!!! i wish there was a way to get the american contingant together but look at this, we have 2 in NY one in CA one in the midwest i believe OK and we have everyone else all spread out the same!!! the closest were probably me and LOD but we all know where taht went... well one of these days crazi and i will meet... even if its 5 years but dammit!!! i will meet her!! damn lolo having to live in dammed california!!! damn me not being able to drive fly or go on a train anywhere!!!!!!!! GAAH!!!
Industrial Kybosh
leo, that may be the only way to go, my good sir - bribery!
leopold
Yeah, damn us! Never mind the fact we can't get people ta come much futher than Birmingham for a night out...

We need a seriously wealthy benefactor
LoLo
There are at least 3 in cali unfortunatly 2 of them are in southern cali and I'm in northern dry.gif
leopold
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 21 2003, 12:54 AM)
leo, that may be the only way to go, my good sir - bribery!

Yer prolly right...

*sigh*

Okay, if I can get Mata to attend, will people come?

Will it make any difference if I get the first round in??
Industrial Kybosh
I'll buy some nuts!

And... I'll put some tunes on the jukebox!
cheese is funny
DAMNIT!!! ANOTHER REASON I NEED MY OWN PLANE... this is something i would not be able to make...
leopold
This is insane...

We try an organise a Mata Meet in the UK, an the only people interested are the US contingent. Cah!
LoLo
Sorry Leo........**pouts** cause she doesn't get to go.
cheese is funny
thats why we should have it in the US somewhere... like LA... or somewhere in cali... heh... nm me...
MistressAlti
>laughs< Ironic, isn't it?

>wonders if she might learn to fly pretty damn quick<
Industrial Kybosh
Frankly, leo, I'm disgusted...

Apart from Spuglet, there's been nowt...

I've half a mind to just meet you in the Thirsty Scholar for a couple, and sod the rest of 'em...
LoLo
See this isn't the first time I've been left out of an online meet. I think I just live in the wrong place.

I use to chat in the fishbowl on excite, and my friends had a fishbowl meet with a lot of the regs, and well it was in Mississippi which was too far away for me, and they got upset for me wanting to go.

Oh well.......I know you guys will have fun and eventually maybe I'll get to meet some of you guys on my own, maybe.
leopold
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 21 2003, 01:16 AM)
Frankly, leo, I'm disgusted...

Apart from Spuglet, there's been nowt...

I've half a mind to just meet you in the Thirsty Scholar for a couple, and sod the rest of 'em...

Yeah, I know what ya mean, bud...

Unless one of us invents a matter transporter really fast, then we can get lolo, missy, racin an cheese over here...
Industrial Kybosh
LoLo, I know your pain. My really old haunt, PaddyNet, used to have meets in Dublin and London... I was always too skint or too busy to attend... and now the site's gone tits-up...

*sigh*
craziness
grr... well living in NY would leave me out of meeting almost anyone here. lol. there is a small chance i could meet gerbil. but still, NY is a big state! and i dont think my parents would trust me to just roam around the streets of the city looking for him either....lol...
racingaway13
well if anyone rents a private jet sometime soon, im close enough to BWI that i can get up there... only i seriously doubt any mysterious benefactors are gonna come around... what with most of us being all poor to middle class..... me myself, im a poor bummm with the three Ms..... oh yeah, i dont even have the money for a soda.... unless someone gives me money.... *passes around collection plate for the private jet*
Pikasyuu
..Damn my american-ness!
Fine! LoLo and I are going to set up one in the states, and Joooonman is there. So hah. You get Mata? We get the other 'un!
craziness
QUOTE (syuu @ May 20 2003, 08:37 PM)
..Damn my american-ness!
Fine! LoLo and I are going to set up one in the states, and Joooonman is there. So hah. You get Mata? We get the other 'un!

but but...im all east side...........too far away.......
cheese is funny
we need to have it somewhere where EVERYONE can get to... i think the UK is too far away for alot of the members.. somewhere in the states, like central or east coast would work the best...

not for me though... my parents suck and probebly wouldnt let me out of cali... screw them....
leopold
If we were gonna do a real big one, then yes, I agree...

But this was summat sparked off between Inky an I, an the possibility that Tara may be able to come visit too... it's only a real small one.

Sorry, all you US people. I'd really love to meet ya all too, but sadly it's not lookin so likely just yet...

Anywho, anyone in or near Manhattan between 22 an 26 May - keep yer eyes open for me!
craziness
seriously, where would we all be able to meet?!?!? it would never work.
leopold
I guess all we can do is do as many as we can an put up piccies...
cheese is funny
it would work... but alot of us are too young for our parents to trust us with a journey like this... we would have to have it when alot of us are older...
leopold
Fair point... but will they let me out of the retirement home?? laugh.gif laugh.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (leopold @ May 20 2003, 08:00 PM)
Fair point... but will they let me out of the retirement home?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

LOL leo!
LoLo
I think we'll probably not get to have a big one ever, but thats the pesimist in me showing through right now, so we'll all have to settle for mini meets, if we get to meet at all.
MistressAlti
I'll echo that, LoLo, chances are that maybe little pockets of us might join up through various means of traveling or meeting, but there won't be some great worldwide party anytime soon...
racingaway13
seriously, meeting people on the forum would be a monumental task indeed. crazi and i have gone over all possiable ways i might concieviably meet her but none of them have almost any possiability of working for at least another year and probably another 5 till we meet. it would be even harder to get alot of other people together. i know how hard it is working 5 people that go to the same school's schedueles together.... damn faced paced world and me without a car.... damn driving age.... damn scientists not getting the whole quantum mechanics thing working.... DAMN THE WORLD!!!
i wanna meet all these cool people!!!!!
but you know the thing that might bring us all together is if the forum and the animations get REALLY REALLY REALLY huge and like there are enough people to warrent like a convention thing in like a hotel in NY city or something.... that would be funnnnnnnnn cant you just see it, a thousand people who all like mata's creations!!!! mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!
twod be fun but alas... that would ruin the family spirit of the forum to have thousands of people all on this forum.... i think its the fact that the forum is small is the thing that makes it really nice.
LoLo
That's a nice thought Racing, but I think we would still be in the same boat. People not being able to afford the trip, or afford the motel rooms.....its back to the whole wealthy benefactor thing.
cheese is funny
i always had a thought of renting out some sort of club or something and us being there... it would only be for a day or two... but... whatever... im just wishing...
Jonman
Right, well.

If I was in the UK, I'd come and sink a jar or twelve with forumites, even (and especially) if it was just Inky and Leo.

If I wasn't working more than 50% of the hours in every day, and concievably had a weekend off while I'm down here in cali, I'd nip up to Sacramento, and offer to buy Lolo some dinner.

As it is, I'm married to a big white shiny dominatrix with wings and aelerons who occupies my every waking moment.

*sobs*

Still, if anyone happens to be in Seattle sometime in the next 6-12 months, PM me, and we'll do something good.
PrincessCadhla
(f Manchester wasn't so damned inconvenient (and far) from all the places in ENgland I am going to be, I would go!!!!

How bout in Appleton (nearishness oxford)?? They have a nice pub there called the Plough that we stay at every year...mostly a bunch of old f[sudden bout of coughing by Mata]ks.
Industrial Kybosh
There's no chance of me leaving the North for any reason right now. For one, I'm working, and for two, I'm still broke.

Pity...

And it's nice to know you'd be there if you could, Monjan. Aye, t'would been proper smart.
PrincessCadhla
I'll be in Kent mostly,but spending 3 days in Appleton....so, if anyone is near Kent, or Appleton, I would be haooy to meet up!!! I'll be in Cambridge for a night, but that's for Clare May Ball, so I'll be a bit busy for that.
leopold
*sigh*

So many schway people who wanna come an can't for various reasons... an yet there's plenty enough round here that haven't even spoken up yet...

Looks like it's jus thee an me, Inky
maik achange
Morning all!

When are you guys meeting up in Manchester?
nordelen
nothings possable for me....
i'm skint right down to the marrowbone jelly....
and live in stinking belfast.....
northern ireland is such a dump.... sad.gif
maik achange
Is it that bad... sad.gif

Yeah, i'm brass monkeys too. And as of tomorrow i'll be unemployed....but i'm not too upset about that yet! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.