Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manc Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mr Fuzzy
Pub crawls and general drunken falling over are my speciality. There are a lot of pubs very close together here.
porcelainwarrior
but a fLeet of lil vans how cute would that be!

OR ... mata can have a van and the rest of us worshipers live in the bus all together?

can i drive?
hinsley
yeah sure you can drive... amybe this should be a new thread? we are kinda ruining this one.... copy all this crap into there!
leopold
Good call hins!

So, ANYONE up for doin this then before I get pigged off wi askin???
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ May 28 2003, 05:07 PM)
but a fLeet of lil vans how cute would that be!

OR ... mata can have a van and the rest of us worshipers live in the bus all together?

can i drive?

Um... Looking at your age, maybe not!
hinsley
lol!! point...... ill start the new htread now.....
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (leopold @ May 28 2003, 05:10 PM)
So, ANYONE up for doin this then before I get pigged off wi askin???

Yup, I am. Just a bit of a pauper right now, so travelling is awkward.
porcelainwarrior
darn

and btw i would be up for all the meetingness if was during a school holiday, otherwise ill just find out hwere your all staying and call at all hours to annoy you
hinsley
er wat shall i cal lthis new thread? doh.
leopold
*sigh*

Okay, I'll run thru how this works...

Anyone who is of drinkin age an lives in the UK - please lemme know where ya can reasonably afford to travel to an when is a good time for ya to go. If there's a few people who live in the same sorta area then some sort of car share could be a winner (such as I offered a few posts back...)

So, who can do this?
ravein
arrrrr since I have a real job ( which is a real pain in the arse today) I also have a little vacation time left... ill come to UK.. jebus..u all just better get me trashed... and ... laid... hahhahaha laugh.gif
hinsley
right people her is porcelain warriors picture of that dude that ran away....

sorry i know it aint a big pic but i dont know how to make it bigger
porcelainwarrior
um ty but shouldnt that have gone in the mr sb thread?
hinsley
laugh.gif im a total reject. god my brain hurts....
leopold
QUOTE (ravein @ May 28 2003, 04:20 PM)
u all just better get me trashed... and ... laid... hahhahaha laugh.gif

Well, we can definitely manage the first!

As fer the second... I dunno, I can't promise anythin...
leopold
QUOTE (leopold @ May 21 2003, 01:18 AM)
Unless one of us invents a matter transporter...

I know this is really narcissistic of me to quote meself, an I appreciate that there's another meet thread anyways, but as I was readin this thread a great joke happened upon me!

If I was to give the beloved Admin a ride in me car, would I be a Mata transporter?

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, bugger ya! I laughed...
Debaser
/me slaps leo around the head with a 2 by 4, that was terrible... tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
ROFL.

Leo, you truly are a witty man.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 4 2003, 04:30 PM)
If I was to give the beloved Admin a ride in me car, would I be a Mata transporter?

sleep.gif

Oh, leo...

*pat pat*
leopold
One laugh, one pat on the head, an one thwack wi a length of 2 by 4...

Guess who I love bestest there...

Yep, D-chap wink.gif laugh.gif

Naaaah, it's syuu, obviously, cos she laughs at my "gags", no matter how bad... smile.gif
Debaser
/me shakes his fist at leo for the 2nd time tonight...gah...

oh yeah, you might wanna go have a shower...i found that 2 by 4 in irc... blink.gif
leopold
laugh.gif laugh.gif LMAO!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Me evenin is never complete unless d-dude shakes his fist at me at least twice...

Ewwwwwww!!! If yer gonna whap me wi 2 by 4, at least use a clean one!!
Rattgirl
*poke* so mean to us poor Americans...not only are we stuck on this continent, we don't get to make it to the Mata parties?

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
TigerLily013
Goodness for me, I am Canadian biggrin.gif
oobunnie
I had a canadian mata meet, well okay so it was more like me and two of my best friends that i forced into loving this site, in basement drinking...but eh close enough.

Well this meet is pretty slow going, and i'mma be back packing through europe over next july and august of next year, so maybe if you havent planned anythin by then I'll be able to go. Or I'll find you all when i get there anyway.

I hope they have hostils in europe, otherwise I'll be sleepin on alot of people front steps in my trusty Tent.
so much fun next year will be. Christmas I'll be in Cuba withe my friend, then I get back and I'm off to Japan for like 6 months, Then I'm back packin my way across europe to get back to canada
Industrial Kybosh
HEY LEO!

I like this car-share idea. It is fresh, new and exciting.

Thing is, I never know when I'll be free from one week to the next. If the Winchester lot sort summat aaaaaht with you, then just tell me the date and I'll see if I can come along. You'll be waiting till hell freezes over trying to organize a date around when I'm free... dry.gif

I rather fancy getting nicely cut with the Fuzz... mmm... lovely single malt whiskey...
leopold
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 5 2003, 12:39 AM)

Oh lor... jus what I need, a sarcastic inky... rolleyes.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 4 2003, 06:49 PM)
I like this car-share idea.  It is fresh, new and exciting.

What do you mean?

Everyone needs a sarcastic InKy!
leopold
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 5 2003, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 4 2003, 06:49 PM)

What do you mean?

Everyone needs a sarcastic InKy!

I was bein sarcastic. I think... blink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I wasn't...

Though now I'm not sure...
DOUBLEMINDED
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ May 20 2003, 07:53 PM)
damn you brits with your small country and the ability to conceivably drive from one end to the other in under a week!!! i wish there was a way to get the american contingant together but look at this, we have 2 in NY one in CA one in the midwest i believe OK and we have everyone else all spread out the same!!! the closest were probably me and LOD but we all know where taht went... well one of these days crazi and i will meet... even if its 5 years but dammit!!! i will meet her!! damn lolo having to live in dammed california!!! damn me not being able to drive fly or go on a train anywhere!!!!!!!! GAAH!!!

im in ny too, maybe the new yorkers should arrange a meet?
gerbilfromhell
i think there's about 5 ppl from ny (plus super k, she lives really close). where'd we meet?
Rattgirl
LOL there's myself and 3 newbies that all live within 15 minutes of each other, but we see each other all the time anyway wink.gif

*hugglez to the NL crew* biggrin.gif
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 4 2003, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (leopold @ May 21 2003, 01:18 AM)
Unless one of us invents a matter transporter...

I know this is really narcissistic of me to quote meself, an I appreciate that there's another meet thread anyways, but as I was readin this thread a great joke happened upon me!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, bugger ya! I laughed...

Damn you! Damn you to Hull!
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jul 5 2003, 01:39 AM)
I rather fancy getting nicely cut with the Fuzz... mmm... lovely single malt whiskey...

Hell yes! I know a pub where we could get away with absolute murder too...
Sir Psycho Sexy
I totally missed this thread til about 30 seconds ago, i can't be arsed to read it all but if it's still on the same topic as it was originally made for, I'M IN! (if you'll have me) doesn't matter where it is (as long as theres a train station close by and someone can meet me/pick me up there) the idea of getting absolutly sh1t faced with you people sounds like fun
kidvicious2punk
i would go but I am a looooonggg way from england...from anywhere in the UK...im not plannin to go over anytime soon
but i hope u all get very drunk and fondle...ill end it there....
WeeJ
I'm totally up for it. As long as its on a saturday and we meet in a REALLY obvious place...then I'd really like to come...(Will bring bf too...he has no choice in the matter tongue.gif )
kidvicious2punk
lol...poor guy...

err...i mean....

nvm......
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Jul 7 2003, 05:32 PM)
lol...poor guy...

err...i mean....

nvm......

...poor guy
WeeJ
Ok...so do we have any kind of date set in mind yet? And what about times? and where we going???

And can I sing 'are we nearly there yet' on the way?

I'll get my coat
hinsley
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 8 2003, 03:48 PM)
Ok...so do we have any kind of date set in mind yet? And what about times? and where we going???

And can I sing 'are we nearly there yet' on the way?

I'll get my coat

i wanna go too (ok i just wanna say 'are we nearly there yet' about 8 hundred times)

but manchester is a little far for me, as i have no money. i think yu sohlud all come to swindon, go on. you know you want to. biggrin.gif

ok no,
elf
Man... I wish I lived in UK... *sniffle* Tell me how Tara is in person, aite?
Mata
Right, it's about time someone started actually putting something concrete down about this.

How does the 6th of September grab people?

Are there people away on holiday then or would that be okay?

Sues is saying that you should all come to Winchester 'cos it'll take us bloomin' ages to get up there and we've a lovely pub just down the road. So there.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 8 2003, 07:20 PM)
How does the 6th of September grab people?

Its on a Wednesday which is a work day so no can do. I suggest a Saturday as less people would be working.
Mata
We are talking about the 6th of September 2003 three here aren't we? It's a Saturday!

Wrong month in the diary?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 8 2003, 07:39 PM)
We are talking about the 6th of September 2003 three here aren't we? It's a Saturday!

Wrong month in the diary?

Ah. I was looking at August **blush**

Boyfriend is moaning that Manchester is too far away and a rough place to be in dry.gif
leopold
Manchester? Rough?? Tell him I'll give him a slap fer sayin that!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nah, Manchester is all right! I've been to far rougher places...

6th September sounds pretty okay to me...
WeeJ
Ok...so what happens in terms of meeting people? Is mata gonna hold up a big cardboard sign at the train station saying MATAZONE PEOPLE OVER HERE!...?
The train station sounds like a logical place to meet everyone. And are we heading to a pub whe we all get together? I realise not all of us can drink, but does that really matter?

and what about time? What time would we arrange to meet everyone?
Mata
Leo, you've got the local knowledge so I'll leave the details of where to meet and go in your hands.

Sues and I are thinking of coming up to Manc on the Friday and going home on the Sunday so we'll need to find somewhere to stay. Could you pop into a tourist info centre please and get some details about central B&B places please? We'll need to book quite far in advance so the sooner the better. If you post up some numbers and prices of places to stay on here then anyone coming along can arrange their accomodation this way.

So... Who've we got coming along? Me, Sues, Leo, ?InKy?, ?SaucyTara?, Weej+beau....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.