Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manc Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 9 2003, 12:38 PM)
Sues and I are thinking of coming up to Manc on the Friday and going home on the Sunday so we'll need to find somewhere to staySo... Who've we got coming along? Me, Sues, Leo, ?InKy?, ?SaucyTara?, Weej+beau....

Yeah, Drarok (other half) and I will probably stay over Saturday night as Manchester is a long way from Redditch/Tamworth.

Could we have some touristy info as well please Leo??? Prefereably somewhere cheap rolleyes.gif

And i know Spuglet wants to come...
spuglet
i was counted out of this one ages ago with the line 'all matazoners of drinking age!'
despite the fact i got into nightclubs in the printworks last week!
ok, well, i suggest manchester city centre rather than south manchester and the printworks is good.
during the day you might want to go to afflecks palace.

and if im in manchester the weekend you have the 'do, i might see you. ill assume you're the bunch of wierdos yelling matazone catchphrases shall i?
course ill have to pretend i dont know you because my dad is overprotective.

and WeeJ, tell your bf, its not that far away, and as long as you keep away from salford, and the manchester city FC fans, youll be fine. ( tongue.gif leo!)

and if you want to travel up on the friday, keep well away from rush hour on the M6. especially at the staffordshire/cheshire border. take the afternoon off and leave early, or leave really late!
cant help with the hotels im afraid, but i know me gran has spare bedrooms...
WeeJ
QUOTE (spuglet @ Jul 9 2003, 01:28 PM)
keep well away from rush hour on the M6.

It would have to be the train as neither of us drive dry.gif
spuglet
ah. well i know nothing about the trains, but if theres any car pools and drives, heed my warning, or be doomed to spend eternity on the M6....
WeeJ
If there are a few of us staying over Saturday night, maybe we could arrange to all stay in the same accomodation??? Might be easier for those of us who don't know our way round Manchester if we stick together...
WeeJ
Oh, and Mingtea wants to come too. He's kind of a semi-n00b and a very good friend of mine and Drarok's (who's also a n00b)
Pixelgoth
Well I can only say that I must walk around (or rather surf around) this board with my bleedin' eyes closed! WHY didn't I notice a meet in Manchester which is just over the Pennines from me??? rolleyes.gif I live in Sheffield so a trip to Manchester is way cool by me. Count me in. I'll double check my bloke can make it for that weekend and I'm sure we can come over and get drunk somewhere nice....or someone horrid....just as long as there's drink involved wink.gif. There are a coupla' nice rock clubs in Manc too I seem to remember.....Jilly's? smile.gif

Let me know what the plan is and I'll try and get there. YAY biggrin.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I get to meet Pixiegoth biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 9 2003, 03:01 PM)
I get to meet Pixiegoth biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

Why oh why is there no blushing smilie! biggrin.gif

wub.gif to you too lady!

Who else is going now?

Sam
x
Sir Psycho Sexy
So... Who've we got coming along? Me, Sues, Leo, ?InKy?, ?SaucyTara?, Weej+beau....

I'd be up for it, if no one has any objections...i always wanted to go to manchester (not really but lets pretend i do tongue.gif)
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jul 9 2003, 03:38 PM)
So... Who've we got coming along? Me, Sues, Leo, ?InKy?, ?SaucyTara?, Weej+beau....

I'd be up for it, if no one has any objections...i always wanted to go to manchester (not really but lets pretend i do tongue.gif)

Well I certainly have no objections! smile.gif

I think we all pretend that we WANT to go to Manchester when in reality Sheffield is much, MUCH nicer! tongue.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
I think it may be a god idea if everyone who is planning on going recieve an email with all the details such as time, place and information about accomodation and travel hints...Makes it a bit more concrete I guess.
leopold
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 9 2003, 03:49 PM)
I think we all pretend that we WANT to go to Manchester when in reality Sheffield is much, MUCH nicer! tongue.gif

Actually, I'd agree wi that...

Erm, but I thought this was gonna happen in Brum now? I mean, seems daft that all you lot are makin yer way so far north when we can jus meet in the middle, where it seems there are quite a lot of people already...
Hyperion
I'm in Maryland. I'll be flying internationally out of the country on Friday at four o'clock. Someone could come stalk me.
WeeJ
QUOTE (leopold @ Jul 9 2003, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 9 2003, 03:49 PM)

Actually, I'd agree wi that...

Erm, but I thought this was gonna happen in Brum now? I mean, seems daft that all you lot are makin yer way so far north when we can jus meet in the middle, where it seems there are quite a lot of people already...

I agree with that VERY much Leo...
Pixelgoth
So is this not happening now? Are we not meeting in Manchester? There are about 3 different threads on this topic and they all have conflicting suggestions. Can we use one thread and one idea? unsure.gif

Sam
x
WeeJ
Right...we're currently having a poll to decide whether we're meeting in Manchester, Birmingham or Whichester (sp?)

Its still happening on Saturday 6th September but we're just not sure where yet.
Pixelgoth
Yep, saw that. Put my tuppence worth in smile.gif I'll take it that is the most up to date and current thread then.

Sam
x
leopold
To avoid the confusion, I'm closin this ere thread. No point in makin life hard fer everyone...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.