Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manc Mata Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
leopold
QUOTE (maik achange @ May 21 2003, 09:44 AM)
When are you guys meeting up in Manchester?

Not decided yet... we're workin out who can an can't make it
Industrial Kybosh
I think the date will rely in part on when Tara reckons she'll be heading Manc-wards...
Mata
I may be up for it. It depends on train fares and if some kind soul will let a lowly animator kip on their floor in a drunken haze for the night smile.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Well, my parents are going away for two weeks in July...

/me has a good think... and begins to formulate a Plan
maik achange
I might be able to come, but not for the next five weekends.... wink.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Ahhh... Now things are starting to kick off...

Right. Off for lunch - time to stop abusing the school's broadband facilities...

Mmm... no lag... no freezing... ooohhh yeeeaahhhh...
gerbilfromhell
*is sad cause he'd never get to make it, seein as he lives in the usa and all*
leopold
QUOTE (Mata @ May 21 2003, 11:43 AM)
I may be up for it. It depends on train fares and if some kind soul will let a lowly animator kip on their floor in a drunken haze for the night smile.gif

I'd love to, but I'm not exactly blessed wi floor space unfortunately... well, unless yer 4 foot 5, in which case I could prolly squeeze ya in on the lounge floor... laugh.gif
Mr Fuzzy
What you need there is some sort of evil tie rack/sleeping bag device. That way you could store people in a cupboard and rotate them out as required.
saucy_tara
Aww, I would SO love to come but have no car, no money, a mad five year old to look after and nowhere to stay. Pooh. sad.gif
However, I will be in huddersfield, bradford and leeds (prolly all at the same time!!!) from June 4th - 7th. Is that any good???
leopold
Could be, babes! I could throw rocks at Huddersfield from here!

Where are ya goin there? I usta live there for a year or so, up in t'hills at Golcar...
NummyNums
CONNECTICUT.. ALL COME TO CONNECTICUT.... ROCK ON... IM DEPRESSED.. WOOOOOOOOOOH
LoLo
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 20 2003, 10:45 PM)
Right, well.

If I was in the UK, I'd come and sink a jar or twelve with forumites, even (and especially) if it was just Inky and Leo.

If I wasn't working more than 50% of the hours in every day, and concievably had a weekend off while I'm down here in cali, I'd nip up to Sacramento, and offer to buy Lolo some dinner.

As it is, I'm married to a big white shiny dominatrix with wings and aelerons who occupies my every waking moment.

*sobs*

Still, if anyone happens to be in Seattle sometime in the next 6-12 months, PM me, and we'll do something good.

That would be cool if it could happen, but I know it can't so my hopes won't be up for it lol.
Overfriendly_Kitten
Being a typical Londoner I will have to suggest that you lot head down here sometime for a gathering...

(gathering: gadh’ar-ing - an alcohol sodden beerfest involving copious amounts of booze and probably some food)

However, that can wait until another time.

As to the Manchester meet-up - sounds cool. I am trying to skip the country within the next three months - so if you're all gonna meet before then I might be able to attend...

Mmmmmm alcohol.
talking to faeries
I really would love to go, but I live in south Wales and I cant drive...so that makes it very unlikely.

Its a good idea tho biggrin.gif
PrincessCadhla
i'll be in England from June 9th to the 25th or something....I could definately do a pop up to London if we could meet up there...otherwise...you are all welcome to hop a flight to Nice and crash here (bring sleeping bags and rent a car....) Easy Jet flights are pretty cheap, and enough of you together could swing a rental car>:) I would even cook for you lot!!

Disclaimer : EasyJet fares from the UK only, flights from the US are running about $700.
PrincessCadhla
Man I klnow how to kill a thread!!!
CrissiLove
*stomping my foot* man, this is just not fair.... I wanna mata meet!!!!! tongue.gif

*cough* yes.... I'm mature.... *cough*
leopold
Hang on crissi, I'll see if I can find some cash to get people together...

/me digs hand in pocket

Erm... I got a handful o dimes an a coupla quarters... I think I might be a few bucks short there laugh.gif
DarkProtector
What would probably be better is a Matazone/The Other Side seminar or something like that in Toledo, Ohio, Miami, Florida, Niagra Falls/NYC, New York, Washington D.C.,or some other major city at a hotel, or for those not of the USA we could also think about other countries for this too. Where we all pitch in what we can and what we earn for the cost. We could also have a few small fundraisers like washing cars, selling stuff, or babysitting.
Mata
I'd have to wash a lot of cars to afford the £700 air fare!
NummyNums
to go over there it would be like 900 dollers for me round trip without spending money.... lol...
porcelainwarrior
id come but i live in scotland, cant drive, no money, and STILL not allowed to get train on own after a small palaver at haymarket one staurday night ...

um ... my granny has a big house! and they leave the country a lot tongue.gif

um other than that ... i advise babysitting and subsequent sellage of charges into slavery, its good money
hinsley
i could get the trains or bus's to manchester. but i have not got the money, i could get kicked off at every stop tho and then get on the next one..... hmmm.... would take a long time but i'd get there!

plus i am not old enough to drink.
porcelainwarrior
i say we hitch-hike!

fun and potentially lifethreatening ... theres no bad side to it!

of course it might take a while to hitch-hike from the US hmm ...
Mata
Do planes normally pull over for people at the end of the runway?
Mr Fuzzy
Not sure. They might if you have a pair of signalling bats.
hinsley
you could hitch hike with bunch of world travelling hippies, would only take a few months but you would have a lot of fun times.
porcelainwarrior
of course theyd stop if there were enough people!

i think its manslaughter if they dont ...

now we just need a plan to get them on the plane
porcelainwarrior
ok new plan ... we invest in a fleet of VW minivans (the shaggen waggons) and travel the globe seeking out those who love mata and take them with us

it could be a damn good life and you all know it!
hinsley
oh my god!! if that actually happened i would so be there right away!!! we could paint mittens and people on the side!! OMG!! i love that idea!!! pwease people we have to do this!! we could stop and get summer jobs to get a lil cash at some places, PWEASE!!! we have to do this!!
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ May 28 2003, 04:28 PM)
ok new plan ... we invest in a fleet of VW minivans (the shaggen waggons) and travel the globe seeking out those who love mata and take them with us

it could be a damn good life and you all know it!

It would also be a little bit scary... Stalking and kidnapping?!?
hinsley
maybe just askin them to come along then? is that better? we could sell bead necklaces. it would be so cool. my new life ambition is for this to happen.
porcelainwarrior
yay!

and mata can live in a special waggon all of his very own

and it would be like our tabernacle and ... yay!

wow, i had a good idea, go me
*is stunned
porcelainwarrior
btw if this ever does happen the first person we're looking for is that guy in edinburgh cos i shall not rest til i know who it was
hinsley
lol! ok!! pic me up first tho!!! i cant wait!!! /me goes and pack clothes.... laugh.gif
porcelainwarrior
um u do realise that it will take quite some time to even get one of these?

but the first we get ill come pick up u and we can kidnap mata! then everyone will follow, cos hes a magnet for all things us

*considers selling her mothers car/business/home for cash
hinsley
to get wat? a VW? wont take that long!! its the petrol money i worry about. :S
porcelainwarrior
petrol is for wusses, i know farmers who run tractors on peanut butter! we can do summat like that yes?

the police will be so stunned and mesmerised by the pretty picutres on the sides of the van they wont even realise were burning nutella ...
hinsley
lol!! yeah ok!!! maybe summat a lil more recylcling tho? like.... composting vegtables? i heard you can run things off of sunfloweer oil or summat........
NummyNums
I think we all apply to road rules, then mtv pays for us to meet, we get to go to uber cool places, do really sexy stunts... and yeah.. lol
ravein
why doesnt everone try to get jobs with the airlines.. you get free tickets, and you get a slack part time job... or get a job working on a cruise line.. I am working on the assumption that everyone is able to leave home for a few months... actually I withdraw my proposal... considering half of the matazone population is below the age of 18, Im not sure how that will work... but if ya wanna travel that is the way to go...
hinsley
im 16..... but i can leave home in a month.
Mr Fuzzy
Maybe I should put my 'evil genius' hat on and design a teleporter. That would work.

Of course, being evil, it would probably be a teleporter that also swapped your arms and legs around.
NummyNums
I think we should all roll around in mud rip our close look really sad and cut and sit on the side of the road with a tattered mc donalds happy meal cup and a broken toy. then just wait for the money to come rolling in.. Mwahahahahaha
porcelainwarrior
yes that probaly works better than nutella too... plus we can eat all the nutella we save!
leopold
Hmmmm... mebbe a global meet may not be so hard, save for the cost of gettin people together...

But none o this answers me question! Who is gonna be available fer a meet in the UK?

I mean, I'd be tempted to suggest relocatin this one to Winchester - the spiritual, and indeed physical, home of Mata! Would people be able to manage that??
Mr Fuzzy
Winchester would be a very good choice - I live there!
hinsley
yes we could... but id prefer the van idea.... actually i think we should get a double decker bus. more room......
leopold
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ May 28 2003, 04:01 PM)
Winchester would be a very good choice - I live there!

Cool - so you can organise the pub crawl an fun events then, huh?

Oh, anyone goin down from the Manc area can cadge a lift off me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.