Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stupid things you shouldn't try!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Izzy
I can probaly think of millions of things you shouldn't try, but right now I'm mad cause one of my friends dared me to take an ice cube, put salt all over it, and put it on my arm and keep it there. A few minutes later, there was this huge ice cube shaped thing popping out of my arm...I've got no clue when it's going to go away. It's an incredibly stupid thing to do!

So make a list of things you think are stupid, and should warn people not to try. You can use these tips so you don't get tricked into doing them, and then trick some of your buddies! tongue.gif
Ashbless
Saying anything about a bomb in an airport.
Waving anything that looks like it might be a gun or knife at a police officer.

Neat thing to try that's similar to devil's daughter's thing is to take a tube of water running with cold water, and one with warm water and twist 'em together. Then try to hold on to the two tubes. : )
oscarhilton
chucking yourself into sea while wearing a led apron.
Izzy
I thought of a few things I might try that arn't so stupid, but more of annoying to the person that's getting pranked when we leave for our school Suvival/Camping trip in April.

1: This is probaly old, but take a quarter, and superglue it to the ground, and someone will try to pick it up for like 10 min.

2: Wake up in the middle of the night, go to the person bunking with you, and repeatedly yell "are you sleeping" tongue.gif

3: Take a bucket of ice cold water, and throw it on someone when they're taking a warm shower.

4: Get back EVERY teacher you hate by hiding their stuff around the campsite.

5: While on the nighthike, yell " OMFG I saw a UFO!" or something like "ahh!bear! run! "

6: remember that for every prep who's in your cabin, its another oppurtunity to scare them by saying something extremely satanic.
tongue.gif
Raptor Red
well I wouldn't advise running in flip flops...I got injured quite badly doing that...that could be just because I'm super clumsy though...hmm..
monkey_called_narth
the ice thing will fade in 1-2 weeks. my freind did the same prank to me.

heh... changing rum. only the people that have done this will understand.
Izzy
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Mar 31 2006, 12:26 AM)
the ice thing will fade in 1-2 weeks. my freind did the same prank to me.

Yup, my science teacher told me that today. And I found out how putting salt on an ice cubes puts that thingy on your arm. Turns out the salt makes the heat temperature of the ice cube go up, and when you put it on your skin it burns it. I think it's called a Freezer Burn, or something like that, but I can't remember at the moment. But it comes in usefull when you want to get a kid in trouble during lunch! (Say they punched you)
michael1384
Well, my friend drank a whole bottle of vinigar because he likes it and was sick...

I know this is obvious but never leave a scientific kit called "fun with magnits" near your computer. the start menu is purple.
bryden42
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Apr 3 2006, 12:55 PM)
Well, my friend drank a whole bottle of vinigar because he likes it and was sick...

I know this is obvious but never leave a scientific kit called "fun with magnits" near your computer. the start menu is purple.

I used to drink vinegar 'cos i like it, and was forced to down an entire pint of vinegar a few birthdays back and was fine.
Izzy
Vinigar...*nearly pukes* We had to do a science lab in school one day with vinigar. The classroom smelled so bad. I havn't touched anything that has vinigar in it since. (Not even the chips which I used to love!)
oscarhilton
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Apr 3 2006, 11:55 AM)

yeah... the screen at my mum's house is funky hippie colours for the same reason...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 3 2006, 10:04 PM)
I havn't touched anything that has vinigar in it since. (Not even the  chips which I used to love!)

Chips don't have vinegar in them, you put in ON them of your own free will.

I love vinegar, I downed a shot of it one new year because one of the guys I was with refused to. He was a sexist piggot and had to do it because a girl had. Idiot.
Anyway, I love vinegar!
Izzy
QUOTE (snoo @ Apr 4 2006, 12:30 PM)
I havn't touched anything that has vinigar in it since. (Not even the  chips which I used to love!)

Wrong! There's plenty of brands of chips that are "salt and vinegar" flavored.
michael1384
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 4 2006, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (snoo @ Apr 4 2006, 12:30 PM)

Wrong! There's plenty of brands of chips that are "salt and vinegar" flavored.

Not crisps. Chips. As in:
pgrmdave

In the US, we call those things french fries, and "crisps" I suppose are chips.
Daria
Here's a few things you shouldn't do-
-Take horse tranquilisers
-Put a knife into a toaster that isn't switched off
-Shout "YER MUM!" to a group of "chavs"- especialy male ones
-Walk along a motorway, the wrong way
-Eat a live cobra
{Gothic Angel}
Having an "israeli" appearence and coming to a school fundraising day dressed as a taliban. With a suitcase with wires sticking out. And leaving said suitcase outside the local supermarket.

True story.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Apr 5 2006, 03:26 PM)

Are French fries anything like freedom fries? tongue.gif

And in England, french fries are a brand of crisps.
FeralPolyglot
While playing "hide the paperclip" with your sister, you should not choose to hide the paperclip behind a plugged in nightlight. (Behind as in on the prongs on the plug)
Moosh
In a similar vein never hide somebody's keys inside a plug socket. That's inside as in unscrew it and put them in then screw it back up again.
Kitty
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Apr 6 2006, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Apr 5 2006, 03:26 PM)

Are French fries anything like freedom fries? tongue.gif

Yes yes, freedom fries. I'm not sure if anyone is trying to still call french fries 'freedom fries' but when we were mad at France, thats what we did tongue.gif Us silly americans....
gothictheysay
French fries are Freedom Fries minus the nationalistic xenophobic arrogance. biggrin.gif
Moosh
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Apr 6 2006, 10:27 PM)
French fries are Freedom Fries minus the nationalistic xenophobic arrogance. biggrin.gif

But arrogance tastes so saltily good!

/spam
Izzy
So in England, are crisps like that things you get in McDonalds, and Burger King, and simialr fast food restarants? Or are crisps like Potato chips?
Daria
Crisps are thinly sliced potatoes, fried or baked, and favoured. They do NOT come from fast food chains.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Kitty @ Apr 6 2006, 01:32 PM)
Yes yes, freedom fries. I'm not sure if anyone is trying to still call french fries 'freedom fries' but when we were mad at France, thats what we did tongue.gif Us silly americans....

Speak for yourself, woman. I never did any such thing! tongue.gif (well, sarcastically, maybe).

We don't call chips french fries (or freedom fries) in the US. They're totally different things! The closest things we have are either "steak fries" or, believe it or not, "chips" (only when it's fish and chips, though, otherwise people will think you mean crisps). Chips are much thicker than regular fries. I don't like either kind, though. Bleuugh.

And devil's daughter, crisps are what we usually refer to as chips in the US. As in Pringles, Lays, Doritos...those sorts of things.
Moosh
QUOTE (candice @ Apr 7 2006, 08:41 PM)
As in Pringles, Lays, Doritos...those sorts of things.

I have never understood why Walkers are called Lays in every other country. Anyone know?
Izzy
So then what do you call fries?
Phyllis
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Apr 8 2006, 02:45 AM)
I have never understood why Walkers are called Lays in every other country. Anyone know?

Actually, I do! Thanks to Wikipedia, anyway. The guy who originally made them was named Lay (he introduced the first large-scale production of potato chips, but that doesn't have much to do with anything). His company was eventually caleld Frito-Lay Inc. when it merged with Frito Company. Later, Walkers became a subsidiary of Frito-Lay (which is also now a subsidiary of PepsiCo, apparently). The reason they're called Walkers there is because Frito-Lay kept that name when they acquired it, but obviously when they start distributing chips in new countries, they keep the name of Lays.

Another stupid thing you shouldn't do: Waste 15 minutes reading about the origins of chips/crisps blink.gif
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 8 2006, 04:38 PM)

We call them miserable, over salted, tasteless excuses for chips. They simply don't compare if you're eating them because you're actually hungry. We also have the genius of cheesy chips - big beefy bits of fried spud with lashings of melted cheese on top.
froggle-rock
Oh Fuzzy, I <3 it when you talk dirty.

/spam

Things you should never do: Put a pistacheo up your nose and sneeze it out several weeks later.
Izzy
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Apr 8 2006, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 8 2006, 04:38 PM)

We call them miserable, over salted, tasteless excuses for chips.

Fair point. laugh.gif
Calantyr
Do not try melted cheese on chocolate cookies. You may think you are sampling the best of two worlds at once but your precious stomache will windmill kick you for it.
elphaba2
Do not even passively consent to eight years of orthodontia. It is a painful, awful thing to do, and you should kick your dentist to death for even beginning to suggest it.

*is feeling particularly self-concious atm*
Izzy
Do not lie to your mom,especially when they give you the "You're not doing anything bad are you? You know I'll find out" speech. *shivers*. Word to the wise; parents install tracking device things in your pets, that's why if you ever do something you shouldn't be doing, you're cat will come up next to you, but when you're doing everything right, they stay far away.
Dani
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 21 2006, 01:58 PM) *
Do not lie to your mom,especially when they give you the "You're not doing anything bad are you? You know I'll find out" speech. *shivers*. Word to the wise; parents install tracking device things in your pets, that's why if you ever do something you shouldn't be doing, you're cat will come up next to you, but when you're doing everything right, they stay far away.

You Are so right Izzy :angry:
Izzy
QUOTE (Dani @ Apr 21 2006, 10:30 AM) *
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 21 2006, 01:58 PM) *

You Are so right Izzy mad.gif

Dude, I was actually kidding about the pet thing, but it is weird that Cocoa(my cat) only comes to me when I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing.....

Another stupid thing, don't follow my advice. Good chance the 99.3254353625654% (exact results!) or the time I'll tell you to do the oppisite thing that youl should actually do...Unless I'm being serious....
Chronotub
Don't snort black peper, learnt the hard way
Izzy
Don't greet your homeroom teacher by calling him "old bald dude!" more than twice. He'll let you get away with it a few time but then.....yeah..

Avoid being close to the tall people in mosh pits.
WeeJ
If you're having a rubbish time in the job you're in, don't be afraid to speak up rather than switching to another job. You'd be surprised how much hassle you can save yourself if you just open your trap.

</personal experience>
{Gothic Angel}
Don't get slightly drunk then attempt to sleep in a shed full of fricken' huge spiders with a sick boyfriend.

Funny neither at the time, nor in retrospect dry.gif
Daria
Don't get drunk

and be sick out of the window of your friend's car, into the wind where it then gets rebounded back and covers your other friends who happen to be sitting in the back of the car.
elphaba2
Don't be shy about telling the person sitting in front of you in all-windows-down car moment to stop smoking (and tapping their ash into the wind). Also, wear less hairspray while doing so.

*pats scalp*
Izzy
This is kinda like what Elphaba said. Don't forget to tell the guy sitting infront of you on the school bus to stop spitting out the window.
Cassidy
dont tell the hells angle your sitting next to that you are not going to give up your seat for his friend.....

or

jump of a bridge whilst attatched to a static line and not thinking to swing insted of falling....

but only lots of blood with one of the above...
Calantyr
Don't go to the pub if you havn't eaten or slept in 2 days.

It results in some... interesting moments.

And potentially quite colourful ones too.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Chronotub @ Apr 29 2006, 05:46 PM) *
Don't snort black peper, learnt the hard way

Don't snort black lepers either, I learnt that the hard way.
oscarhilton
dont put a packet of mentos into a bottle of diet coke.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...+mentos&pl=true
Psych_Otic
Never go into a basketball meeting and yell out "B-Ball's For Fags!" blink.gif
Erin
emmm..dont feed a bird a lot of rice..=( i dont like birdys exploding....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.