Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Room 101
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
oscarhilton
I don't know if any of you saw it when in was on the TV (Americans probally didn't) but I was thinking to myself, what would i put into room 101?

A brief summery of room 101 (the program)

"If you had the chance to banish some of your worst nightmares to the depth of Room 101 what would they be and why? Paul Merton presents this comical chat show asking guests to describe their pet hates, if he's convinced it really is that bad then banished it will be. "

So basically, say something you really dislike to put into room 101, and give a reason!

Thanks.
monkey_called_narth
math- becasue "A" is not a number
bryden42
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Apr 7 2006, 08:28 AM)

And neither is X, In fact X marks the spot, There's a Malcom who is also X and three of them together is rude; but no numbers!

I would follow the fine example set by Spike Milligan and put in Portsmouth. I dislike the brute mentality that I was forced to deal with and to a certain extent now have inherited due to growing up there.
Daria
Certain acronyms (one C or two?)- LOL, ROFL, ROFLMAO et cetera, et cetera.
gothictheysay
Ohh, interesting. Like in 1984 where Winston's Room 101 was full of rats? I don't know what I dislike that much - hmm... graphic pictures of accidents and poor human bodies that end up mutilated. All of that mutilation and pictures should go in there. It scares me. sad.gif
Kitty
I like having things I dont like around. They keep things real.
But if I had to pick something I think I'd put an assortment of bugs in there, because even if they're not really _that_ gross, I still dont like to try and move them.... <.< I just dont sleep in my room for that night.
I_am_the_best
I think you may have just stolen my mind Oscar. o_0

Anyway, I would put in pears. What's all the hype about? They are nothing compared to apples and should be banished.
Faerieryn
OK when I was at school I had to do a GCSE speaking and Listening assessment based on Room 101. Things that went in were: Kylie Minogue (that was me!) Country music, Pamela Anderson, politicians and so on. I gave my students last year the same assignment. I had everything from curling, teachers, arsenal fans and spdiers right down to skoobies. The amount of effort people put into telling you what they hate is amazing.

My choice? Year 11's that don't do their coursework on time and get me into shite!!!!
The Chief
One person I would like to shove in Room 101 has to be Tony Blair. evil.gif mad.gif
Mata
Umbrellas that invert in the slightest gust of wind. I don't think I really need to explain why!
The Chief
A short list of stuff I would like to put in Room 101

(The TV licence fee.) Who wants it?

(Junk food.) How can anyone eat that muck.

(Useless bin bags.) That split to easy.

(Telephone sales persons.) What a right royal pain in the rear end.

(D.I.Y instructions on how to assemble what ever.) Talk about D.I.Y rage.
Novander
QUOTE (The Chief @ Apr 17 2006, 10:56 PM)
(The TV licence fee.)  Who wants it?

I wouldn't say I want the licensce fee, but can you honestly say you'd prefer advert breaks every five minutes?

I'd like to throw phone-in TV gameshows into Room 101. You know, the ones that are on at night these days. I feel that those of us who don't stick to standard sleeping patterns would prefer to watch repeats of old shows than Maggie from Dorset trying to guess a word that preceeds "ball"
SPEAKERfortheLOST
a life without sex... nuff said!
Izzy
My L.A. teacher.....She took our section on poetry to tell me exactly how pessimistic and negative I was being...Grr...'course I don't think it's negative, I just think she's being negative for thinking my poems are negative!

Also my Reading teacher's test, which are not open book, and there's 5 multiple choice questions and 2 long response. The 2 long repsonse one's are worth 50%, and I got a 75% on our last test because I forgot to put a period on one of them.
Astarael
Cockroaches, Britney Spears (and her music,) and gangsta rap.
Felander
People who think ellipses are the same as full stops.

Oh, and people intolerant of other's musical taste and/or certain genres of music.
Daria
The Dutch.
Jeremy Clarkson.
Deal Or No Deal.
People who make lists without using semi colons or even commas, but instead use full stops and start new lines.
J K Rowling.
Izzy
QUOTE (Felander @ Apr 19 2006, 06:14 PM) *
Oh, and people intolerant of other's musical taste and/or certain genres of music.

sad.gif In the room I go then, but hip-hop and rap is coming with me!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
  • Daddy long legs, and various other scary things that fly
  • People that use popularity as a measure of how good (or bad) music is
  • Ppl who typ lyk dis
  • Chavs that comment on my crap hair, hit me, or do other annoying things when I walk past them
  • Essays
  • Really bad adverts
  • People who post stupid journals on last.fm with lists of bands or songs
  • People that think drinking so much that you throw up is a good thing
  • People that think they are always right - especially if they're idiots
  • My friend Ben who wouldn't think of anything else for me to put here sad.gif
Felander
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 21 2006, 01:10 PM) *

No they're not.

:|
Izzy
QUOTE (Felander @ Apr 21 2006, 09:52 AM) *
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Apr 21 2006, 01:10 PM) *

No they're not.

:|

fine, you may keep one hip hop and rap artist (though I hardly consider the 'artists'), but the rest are coming with me... tongue.gif
Astarael
People who think ellipses are the same as full stops.

Sorry I came off sounding that way. Perhaps a more accurate modification- people who play obscene gangsta rap very loudly in their car with the windows rolled down. Listen to what you like, but don't force it on the populace.
Novander
QUOTE (crazymat @ Apr 21 2006, 01:30 PM) *
  • People who post stupid journals on last.fm with lists of bands or songs

Yes! I am all about agreeing with this.
El Nino
QUOTE (Novander @ Apr 17 2006, 11:27 PM) *
QUOTE (The Chief @ Apr 17 2006, 10:56 PM)
(The TV licence fee.)  Who wants it?

I wouldn't say I want the licensce fee, but can you honestly say you'd prefer advert breaks every five minutes?

Actually I'd quite happily put up with ads on British TV if it wiped out the license fee

My choice is along the same lines, Council tax (FTP)
gingerpig
4x4's, and all varients thereof. All the usual reasons. We had much amusement in our honeymoon in Cornwall in our small car watching all the 4x4's get stuck up all country lanes.

Our living on loans society - gotta implode or do summat nasty at come point. Going to be an awful lot of abandoned 4x4's (and noty just up country lanes).
oscarhilton
Mc Donalds (and other fast-food joints), Guns, Screaming Children in resterants and the American Goverment.
Psych_Otic
This website
Moosh
QUOTE (Psych_Otic @ May 5 2006, 04:57 PM) *
This website

Dude, for why? Why do you bother doing this? It's far too hot to annoy people. Go and play outside.
Novander
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ May 5 2006, 05:02 PM) *
It's far too hot to annoy people.

Agreed, but while the thread has been bumped...

People who confuse 'then' and 'than'.
oscarhilton
wh- who? Bumping threads? What did I miss here?
Daria
People who can't use different words- your, you're, there, they're, their etc etc.
Learn them people, please.
El Nino
Right, here are a few more that I've thought of (in no particular order of disgust). 1 Light switches on timers that don't last more than three seconds (I've got one in the hall of the building that my flat is in, and I have to run to the next switch) 2. Crappy wireless routers that work quite well the first few times you use them. Then as soon as you try to change the SSID on them the signal strength reduces to almost nothing, unless you're almost beside them. (Coincidence? Possibly, but as I've said before I'm quite paranoid (SSID Signal Strength Induction Decider?)) And 3. Subtle humour. I just don't think it's funny. It, whatever it may be, has to be blatant, or I probably won't get it.
WeeJ
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Apr 7 2006, 08:28 AM) *

THANK YOU!!!!

I've been saying that for bloody years now!!!
Izzy
P.E. because it's way to hot to run around.
Recorders because they've got to be the worst instrument ever invented. Also because it's impossible to figure out how much air to put through without the music teacher saying I'm making "Barn Yard" noises.
My math teacher becuase he NEVER writes down which pages we're supposed to do for homework, and expects us to remember them.
HOMEWORK because, well, we do enough work at school, don't we?
Annoying commercials.
People who make my decisions for me.
Feyliya
My father.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Novander @ May 5 2006, 05:23 PM) *

And 'it's' and 'its'. And 'affect' and 'effect'.

Grrr mad.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ May 9 2006, 07:25 PM) *

Grrr mad.gif

'There' and 'Their'

Although I often add an unnecessary ' on some words if I'm not thinking.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (WeeJ @ May 9 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Grrr mad.gif

'There' and 'Their'

Except and accept.

when people use 'of' instead of 'have'. (e.g. I would of done this had I not...)
Moosh
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 9 2006, 09:45 PM) *
QUOTE (WeeJ @ May 9 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Grrr mad.gif

'There' and 'Their'

Except and accept.

when people use 'of' instead of 'have'. (e.g. I would of done this had I not...)

People who don't use a ' when abbreviating. e.g. " 'cos". Obscure and doesn't matter but it annoys me.
Astarael
*seconds all the grammar complaints* Several of those top my list of pet peeves.
Oh, and the people who add an apostrophe when there shouldn't be one and then neglect the apostrophe when the need for one is so blatant that it makes my eyes bleed.
Izzy
Couches!!!!! I wish I had a dollar for everytime my couch swallowed one of my guitar picks....
oscarhilton
^ Arggh! Weirdly the same thing!

Loosing guitar picks sould be in there.
Felander
I would put Grammar Nazis in Room 101, personally.
Izzy
QUOTE (oscarhilton @ Jun 6 2006, 03:07 PM) *
^ Arggh! Weirdly the same thing!

Loosing guitar picks sould be in there.

I wish my mom would just let me rip the couch open and take out all the picks in there...but in the meantime, just got a knew pack of Fender Medium, so I'm happy. smile.gif....

A solution for all guitarists who are sick and tired of loosing picks: Whenever you're done playing, even if its just to go to the bathroom or get a snack, set your pick on top of your amp. It works!
Moosh
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ Jun 7 2006, 05:24 PM) *
A solution for all guitarists who are sick and tired of loosing picks: Whenever you're done playing, even if its just to go to the bathroom or get a snack, set your pick on top of your amp. It works![/color]

Or stick it in the strings. Or have a plek-holding device thing on your guitar strap.
Izzy
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jun 7 2006, 12:28 PM) *
Or stick it in the strings.

I used to do that, but whenever I would pick the guitar up, I would forget about it and then it would fall on the ground somewhere. Usually after that, I would either have a spend some time looking for it, or lose it completely.
Daria
QUOTE (Felander @ Jun 6 2006, 10:06 PM) *

wot n ave evry1 type lik dis ?????
Moosh
QUOTE (Daria @ Jun 7 2006, 06:00 PM) *

oR eVeN LiKe THiS????
Felander

Well, type however you want, like...

It's really not that hard to understand; I certainly find it more pallatable than relentlessly pointing out errors in grammar and spelling, tbh.

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Jun 7 2006, 06:04 PM) *

oR eVeN LiKe THiS????

Erm, I guess...
Izzy
All the dads in the world who never see their children when their children want to see them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.