Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello everone
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
The Chief
Good evening everyone first up I am a old hand at forums and like a real good talk as long as the topic takes my eye. biggrin.gif
Mata
In which case you've come to the right place. In most of the active bits of the forums you need to have posted 40 times in other people's threads before you can start your own, but I see you're up to 10 already so I'm sure this won't present you with any problems. See you around!
The Chief
Thanks Mata and thanks for the info about 40 posts that's a new one on me. rolleyes.gif
Mata
It's a bit of a long story, but in essence it stops new people who haven't read anything else in the style of these forums from spamming the place with threads that don't start conversations. It also means that people are forced to notice that we don't use text speak on here (it says that in the rules that people agree to when they sign up, but it seems that they are rarely read).
The Chief
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 17 2006, 01:01 PM)
It's a bit of a long story, but in essence it stops new people who haven't read anything else in the style of these forums from spamming the place with threads that don't start conversations.

That's a interesting idea. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 17 2006, 01:01 PM)
It also means that people are forced to notice that we don't use text speak on here (it says that in the rules that people agree to when they sign up, but it seems that they are rarely read).

NO TEXT SPEAK. Excuse me................Stands up to salute the forum.

Well Done good old plain English. biggrin.gif
Mata
It's been an interesting experiment. I think we're getting les people posting, but the overall quality of posts seems to have gone up.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Except mine, but I'm the exception that proves the rule...or something... unsure.gif
Astarael
No, your posts are always spelt, punctuated, and phrased well enough so that I can read them without wanting to beat my brain against the wall in sheer frustration. That's not the case with horrible text speak babbling.
*sighs because The Chief is slightly too big to duct-tape to the ceiling*
The Chief
QUOTE (Astarael @ Apr 19 2006, 09:43 PM) *
*sighs because The Chief is slightly too big to duct-tape to the ceiling*

Well I am stuck for words. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.