Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The nickname thread!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Izzy
ok, so I don't know if I'm the only person on Matazone that doesn't want to be called by my user or not, but if you are one of these people post here! Just put your username, and what you would prefer to be called.

User: Devils_Daughter
Desired name in forum: Izzy
Felander
I believe, if you PM an admin, they can change your username for you so you're not necessarily stuck with the one you register with.
FeralPolyglot
FeralPolyglot, FP, or Cerin all work fine. Cerin or FP are a bit less formal than the full username, but I'm not picky. happy.gif
bryden42
I answer to most things up to and including "oi s**thead*

"im just a sucker with low self esteem owayoooooo" sang the offspring smile.gif
gothictheysay
Well, I figure once I talk to you either formally or informally you can feel free to call me Sarah. wink.gif I prefer it. That's my real name and I use it on IRC and such. However I do end up collecting other nicknames, some nice and others just... interesting.
trunks_girl26
Well, just about everyone who goes on IRC or knows me IRL calls me Ange, but as they say, 'whatever floats your boat.' As long as I know I am being addressed, I'll respond.
froggle-rock
ZOMG! The layout for replying to a post has changed!

Anyways >_> I like being called: Froggie; Frog; Frogg; Frggy; Frogita; Fronana. "Funked" always makes me thing of the naughty swear word that starts with a '"f".
Phyllis
QUOTE (bryden42 @ Apr 19 2006, 03:37 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Yep. Totally calling you that now.

I don't mind, as long as it's not Candy if I don't know you well. If you are not one of my close friends, my name can be shortened to Cand if you must. If you are one of my close friends...you've figured out by now if you're one I'd kick in the balls for calling me that, or if you can get away with it. innocent.gif
bryden42
QUOTE (candice @ Apr 20 2006, 01:14 AM) *
QUOTE (bryden42 @ Apr 19 2006, 03:37 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Yep. Totally calling you that now.

I don't mind, as long as it's not Candy if I don't know you well. If you are not one of my close friends, my name can be shortened to Cand if you must. If you are one of my close friends...you've figured out by now if you're one I'd kick in the balls for calling me that, or if you can get away with it. innocent.gif

Oh well, someone had to take me up on it smile.gif
Moosh
Well, most people call me CM, so yeah go with that. There are a few people on here who know my actual name, and maybe 1 person who uses it. I don't really mind what people call me, but I reserve the right not to respond if I don't like it.
{Gothic Angel}
Candykins? biggrin.gif *ducks and covers*

Anything apart from Jenny. People who call me Jenny get mauled by bears. I'm happy with GA or Jen, though. And my screenname in IRC and on msn is Ieni, so that's fine too. I actually have a list of nicknames as long as your arm, to the extent that I have groups of friends where no two people call me the same thing tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Felander @ Apr 19 2006, 09:33 PM) *
I believe, if you PM an admin, they can change your username for you so you're not necessarily stuck with the one you register with.

The man speaks the truth, names can be changed. *has admin experience* tongue.gif

Heheh, well Sir_Psycho_Sexy used to be something I'd always tried to get as a username on various other things, though it was ususally taken by the time I came along, I was a member under another name on these forums which is also an old name I used to use, the account got deleted though. Anyway, I now hate the name, but it's been there for three years I don't think it's gonna change, plus I still like the song. From it have risen the nicknames SPS, and more recently, the spoken version spuss (or SPuSs, seems to make more sense written that way).
That being said, Pat works just as well. Some use Paddy...but I'm not sure I'm too keen on that. Other people (mostly family) still use Patch, another one I'm not sure about, sounds better than the others, seems a little child-like though.

I realise this is a rather long post about nothing, but I'm tired and avoiding work.

*plays with new text formatting buttons*
Cath Sparrow
I'd have problems if I didn't answer to my user name. biggrin.gif
But I do add bits to it depending on my mood.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 20 2006, 04:37 PM) *

You also answer to "Oyyy floozy wear my fleece" laugh.gif

I've never had a nickname other than "Odds" mainly due to to surname. Spacehappy was something the early hotmail came up with for me, but i did once have the very first space At hotmail.com ....until they deleted lots of account for inactivity mad.gif
Ashbless
Pete - I'd never really thought of you as an 'Odds' despite the bellybutton trick. tongue.gif

I suppose Ashbless could be cut down to Ash very easily for a nickname. Most of my everyday compatriots don't know I post here and so wouldn't be likely to use it.

'Girl' or 'Princess' are the only non-name words I've been called lately but the fellow in question uses those names for everyone female who crosses his path. Hmm.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 20 2006, 08:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 20 2006, 04:37 PM) *

You also answer to "Oyyy floozy wear my fleece" laugh.gif

No that just make me run away very fast! Screaming keep that evil thing away from me over my shoulder. tongue.gif
monkey_called_narth
heh..i have a long list on nicknames the most common are: jazz, steph, buffalo, or narthie.... pick what you want.
oxym0ronical
I go by either Becca, Bec, or Becky. Lolo calls me Beckers, but other than that, I don't really have any other nicknames now.
Stardust_Smile
I usually go by Megsy if I know you, although lots of people are prone to just calling me Stardust.

Also known as Crackers...I used to have a tad of a thing about 'Jacob's Cream Crackers' (maybe it's best not to ask...) and the name kinda stuck with me, so really just whichever ones you like.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Jacobs Cream Crackers are quite nice and you just made me crave them!

Most people call me snoo if they know me online at all. Otherwise my parents call me Etty and my friends from work/uni call me Esther. Exciting!
I_am_the_best
I'm happy with being called whatever. My parents call me Em or my dad calls me EJ, friends call me Emma, my teachers call me sausage after having to act a sausage in drama...

Online, I'm happy to be called anything. Most people just call me Emma but on here I'm IATB or a variation of such I think?
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Apr 22 2006, 07:38 PM) *
I'm happy with being called whatever. My parents call me Em or my dad calls me EJ, friends call me Emma, my teachers call me sausage after having to act a sausage in drama...

Online, I'm happy to be called anything. Most people just call me Emma but on here I'm IATB or a variation of such I think?

You forgot about BAIT! tongue.gif
Daria
QUOTE (oxym0ronical @ Apr 22 2006, 03:37 AM) *
I go by either Becca, Bec, or Becky.

Funnily enough, ditto biggrin.gif My family also call me Boo, and I sometimes get called Shmecky, Bacofoil, Beck'n'fresh, QueBeck, and at one point Rehab (this moron thought it was funny as it sounds a little like Rebecca. yeah rolleyes.gif )
Righteous
Well, around here, everyone calls me Righteous or Ri, usually the latter if you've been here a while. Spiffy, Aislinn and, on one occasion, Mata refer to me as James.

IRL, I go by all the aformentioned names along with Chubby and Jamie, but only my brother and little sister can call me those. A lot of people call me by my stage name (Tragick) these days.

I used to hate being called Jimmy or Jim, but since we started our joke side project, the ska band Jimmy Locksmith and the Keycutters, I've had to learn to deal with it.
Rykan
I always wanted a nickname when i was younger. People just called me by my name, or occasioanly Becky, how boring.

I got one when I came to uni.
It's not the best _

( * tongue.gif at Fuzzy*)

Fuzzy edit: She's known as the Monster. Now I will be killed.
Daria
When I started 6th form I was known as Beast for a bit. Yeah.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (Cath @ Apr 23 2006, 01:05 AM) *
You forgot about BAIT! tongue.gif

That too. rolleyes.gif

I also forgot, my best friends call me Yemma, because it's easier than saying 'yes Emma', and we also talk a lot beginning with 'Y's for no apparant reason.
oscarhilton
I get called "'ey Dik'ed" quite a lot wink.gif
Daria
I forgot- Phat Head can also be added to the list, on account of my headspan being 2cm smaller than one of my friend's waists.
Saratina
I have so many nicknames it isn't even funny. But Gin works.

Yes, I know Gin and Saratina don't sound anything alike.
Misty Rain
Sort of Nothing Man I spose.

Gloom

Misty Rain.

My bedroom ceiling has totally collapsed. It's all such fun. Two journies to the tip. Was going to mooch around Bristol.
Psych_Otic
Call me Mittens. I had that name once. Then I died.
Pikasyuu
i'm now answering to evil bitch again. i put the hours in to earn it.. smile.gif
Yannick
=o I was eleven when I made this thread.

Izzy, Iz, Izz, Broha, Duuuuude, and OH MY GOD all get my attention. Only David can get away with "Isabelle" because it's cute when he says it.
Industrial Kybosh
I went through most of my life sans nickname - none that ever stuck, at least - but pretty much all of the Phones4u massive (whilst I was doing tech support for P4U stores) knew me as The Magician (or The Wizard, sometimes). This was for three reasons:

A. My supernatural ability to be rude to people whilst still leaving them happy with the service (I had a f@cking fanclub amongst P4U store staff, despite also having one of the highest rates of official complaints - all overturned, of course wink.gif)
B. My general wizardly look, especially whilst I still had long hair.
C. The fact that - and this was the largest contributary factor, in all honesty - local taxi drivers did not understand my surname, and always noted me down as 'Magician'.
Tarantio
My local taxi drivers usually mistake my surname for "Ling". Must be my thick scottish accent...

I was about to say I don't have any current nicknames, but then I remembered a few of my mates have taken to calling me "Doreen". No idea why...
gothictheysay
Seeing as my name is Sarah, I didn't expect to have nicknames ever, but apparently my first name and last mesh well. So I'm Sarahklein quote often. Also, my other friend decided calling me by my initials would be cool, so I'm SK. I feel like I had ones in IRC, but I can't recall them
Hobbes
At school, I was occasionally called "Heppy" (a truncation of my surname) - although my mother hated this- and I was often also called "Malcolm" a lot during secondary school (my middle name).

A fair few people do call me "Hobbes" in RL from time to time, and they introduce me to others as "Hobbes". One friend varies this name whenever he sees fit, including such wonders as: Yobbes, Hobzzzz, Hob-Bez, Hobbies, etc. When with my niece, my family refer to me as "Uncle Hobbes", although she actually calls me either "Uncle Bobs" or "Huncle Bobs".

In secondary school I was very, very briefly named "The Green Giant" after some food poisoning seemed to turn my neck green (?!). At 6' 2" I'm not exactly a giant in stature - and I know at least two people on this forum that tower over me - but I was taller than most at school. Occasionally this nickname comes back in a purely nostalgic manner when with a particular friend. I usually follow this by reminding him that, for a short period, he used to call me "Big Thing" - clearly not actually putting any real thought into how exactly this might sound.
vicrawr
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Apr 1 2010, 10:42 PM) *
Seeing as my name is Sarah, I didn't expect to have nicknames ever, but apparently my first name and last mesh well. So I'm Sarahklein quote often. Also, my other friend decided calling me by my initials would be cool, so I'm SK. I feel like I had ones in IRC, but I can't recall them

You'll always be Jailbait in my heart.
gothictheysay
Thanks Vic... ah yes, Jailbait tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.