Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'Lo
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
Primate
Afternoon all. I've been following Mata's stuff since the early Mr Snaffleburgers, but only just found out that the website actually has a fair sized forum. Who'd have thunk it?
So here I am, a bit late, but better now than never.
Daria
Hello! Welcome to the forums- I was the same as you, but once I found them, it is difficlut to escape. Be warned if you are offered any "special" meats, and that you will be taped to the celling sometime soon.
Primate
You make it sound like a cult. Fortunately, if the only membership requirement is not to accept 'special' meat from members, I might just have a chance not to screw this up.

"Are you local?"
Ashbless
What do you mean by local? *grin*

*passes Primate a cookie*
Welcome to Matazone. I agree, Mr. S. is great animation.
Astarael
Welcome to Matazone! *duct-tapes Primate to ceiling* Mr. S is indeed fun, and he has one catchy ending theme song.
Izzy
I never understood the whole duct tape concept. I'm assuming it's some kind of tradition?

Primate, looking to your left, you will see a cat. Do not run away when she turns into a giant man-eating bug. You should only be alarmed if the bug spits on you, cause its saliva contains a subtance that will make you go insane. The only way to stop the insanity is to get tickled to death. No other death will work.

I found out about the forums about 2 weeks after I found the site, but found the site by complete chance. tongue.gif
Primate
Interesting. Insane and immortal, would it be worth the trouble?

I just assumed that the duct tape thing was a League of Gentleman thing, like the *special* meats. I only ever watched it casually. The fact that one of you doesn't know this does worry me a bit though, it kind of implies that the first bit was a genuine warning. In which case, consider me a lot more worried.

EDIT:
QUOTE ("Mata")
The duct tape is so that you don't run away. We have a high drop-out rate, like most forums, so we try to stick people to teh ceiling to prevent their escape. It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

It appears that looking around a bit first is more useful than I thought it would be.
Moosh
QUOTE (Primate @ May 3 2006, 03:45 AM) *
The fact that one of you doesn't know this does worry me a bit though, it kind of implies that the first bit was a genuine warning. In which case, consider me a lot more worried.

It was a genuine warning, and normally you would have been accosted by all sort, including some poetry or something from me, but as I was feeling lazy when I first swa this thread I didn't and people don't seem to be posting in the n00b threads as much at the moment.

Anyway, here are some introductory instructions:

Hora aderat briligi. Nunc et Slythia Tova
Plurima gyrabant gymbolitare vabo;
Et Borogovorum mimzebant undique formae,
Momiferique omnes exgrabure Rathi.
Mata
'Welcome to the Matazone forums: we're so geeky we greet new members in Latin!'

Hm... I'm not certain if that would be good for the reputation of this site or not...

Anyway, welcome on board Primate. I promise I will make new animations once I've finished my thesis (on the 15th) and worked out how to make a proper living (might be a bit longer, although no doubt I will get distracted before then).
Novander
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ May 3 2006, 04:27 PM) *
Hora aderat briligi. Nunc et Slythia Tova
Plurima gyrabant gymbolitare vabo;
Et Borogovorum mimzebant undique formae,
Momiferique omnes exgrabure Rathi.

I thought Carrol made up those words. Or at least combined other words to form them. Thus I doubt the accuracy of this translation.

Edit: Also, welcome Primate!
Moosh
QUOTE (Novander @ May 3 2006, 11:09 PM) *
I thought Carrol made up those words. Or at least combined other words to form them. Thus I doubt the accuracy of this translation.

Edit: Also, welcome Primate!

Accuracy schmaccuracy. It's good enough.
Primate
BUT WHAT dOES It MeAN?!!!!!
Novander
It's a warning for noobs on the forums: Beware the Jabberwock, my son, the jaws that bite, the claws that catch. Beware the jubjub bird, and shun the frumious bandersnatch.

Bandersnatches all over these fora. Watch out for them.

Argh, there's one! *shuns*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.