Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matazone Karaoke
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Moosh
I call V3L6
elphaba2
V2L7!
Phyllis
Hmmm. V2L1, I think.
mooooooooooopo
V3L1 please!
Moosh
Come on people, there's 32 different lines in the song, and that's if we use the same person for repeats. More people sign up!
Izzy
I'd sign up, but I lack the knowledge of how to record myself and put it online...sad.gif
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (devils_daughter @ May 9 2006, 10:45 PM) *
I'd sign up, but I lack the knowledge of how to record myself and put it online...sad.gif

I'm a complete technology retard but I'll give this a go...

Do you have a microphone for your computer? If so, then just record yourself using that or if not, you could always use a digital camera, mp3 players, mobile phone and use a lead to put it on your computer. It isn't necessary to put it online, just so long as you can email it as an attachment so that all the recordings can be compiled together. smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
For the next one can I suggest The Ultimate Showdown (Of Ultimate Destiny)?
Feyliya
I call B1L2. If noone else grabs B1L3, I want that one, too. biggrin.gif

*Edit:
Heck, let me see if I can talk Laramon into doing the whole B1L1-L4 verse with me. We can switch lines back and forth. It'll be great! biggrin.gif
Novander
V1L4

And I'll try and force snoo to do one. I shall bribe her with hugs, if needs be.

Edit: No-one is touching the chorus, it seems. If, once all other lines have been taken, there's still no-one wanting the chorus, would it be possible to layer our voices on top of each other and have all of us singing the chorus?
Feyliya
QUOTE (Novander @ May 9 2006, 09:20 PM) *
Edit: No-one is touching the chorus, it seems. If, once all other lines have been taken, there's still no-one wanting the chorus, would it be possible to layer our voices on top of each other and have all of us singing the chorus?

Ooh, I like that idea!
I_am_the_best
I'll happilly take C1L3, or if no one else takes chorus lines to do C2L3 and C3L3 aswell but if no one else takes chorus then that sounds like a really good idea Nov!
Phyllis
Holy God. Do I REALLY sound that young? ohmy.gif I just recorded myself singing and listened to it played back. I sound about 5. Also...fear for your ears. tongue.gif

Anyway, since it looks like we'll all need to take multiple lines, I'll also take V1L6 (incidentally you have two lines labeled as that...I'd like the first one...the one about being a sweetheart) and V3L5.

And Nov's idea for the chorus sounds like a good one! I think it could be done easily enough...
{Gothic Angel}
I'll do V2L4 and V2L5 as well if needed. I like the chorus idea too.
Moosh
I'll do V3L3 as well if needed, and I agree we should do Ultimate Showdown next time.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Novander @ May 10 2006, 05:20 AM) *
And I'll try and force snoo to do one. I shall bribe her with hugs, if needs be.

Seriously, you've not heard me sing... you would be dead if you had. tongue.gif

But hugs... damnit, do I destroy the world or get hugs? Tough choice!
Novander
Part of me wishes I'd chosen V1L3, so the index post would read "I see you've met my assistant, Scarface Novander"

Further to the chorus idea: No one wants to hear me sing an entire chorus. Since I turned 13 my voice breaks on average 6.2 times every sentence. Trying to sing a whole chorus without messing up will probably break me. So the chorus could be alternate lines 'Girls and Boys' or 'People Who Can Sing and People Who Can't Sing' or 'People Who Want To Sing The Even Numbered Lines and People Who Think Even Numbers Are Evil' or something.
elphaba2
I'll take the rest of V2 if no one else wants it. I like the group chorus idea a lot. Maybe IATB can take the first chorus so it sounds pretty and the whole shebang of us can sing the other two?We also should lure the "singers" around here--for some reason I recall that Tigersong is an opera person.
Moosh
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ May 11 2006, 02:33 AM) *
Maybe IATB can take the first chorus so it sounds pretty

You haven't heard Emma sing have you? tongue.gif

Not that I can talk mind, mines worse.

Yeah, I'm up for group chorus, and I'll do V2L3 as well.
I_am_the_best
Meanie. I cannot sing to save my life and most of it is giggling. But I shall not giggle this time. However, I haven't the guts to sing a whole chorus. I'll take a verse line somewhere.smile.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'll do V1L7 assuming Nov hugs me tongue.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
if we are doing a group chorus can I be one of the "people who cant sing"? otherwise I wouldnt mind doing one of the "Even my henchmen think Iím crazy" lines smile.gif
Tigersong
I'm all about this. If no one else wants them, I can do the first two or thee lines. And I'll participate in any group chorus or anything.

Do we have a midi file of the song that we are going to use as the karaoke background?
Moosh
hmm, background music. Anyone got an instrumental of it? Or can easily get one? Otherwise we might as well ask directly, donate something to Coulton's website and email him asking for one.

Any other ideas?
Phyllis
I'd rather just sing it a capella, personally. I think if we add background music it'll get to complicated to paste it together. I'm just going to listen to the song with headphones on so that I'm not singing too fast or slow or anything if we do it without background music.
Kitty
I'll do
V1L1
V1L2

Even though I can't sing all too well either tongue.gif

Edit: and V1L3 too, because they run together in the song? Then someone else can take V1L1
Phyllis
Hey, kidlets...are we actually going to get around to doing this? tongue.gif

Also, Kitty, Tigersong already asked for the first 2 or 3 lines earlier in the thread...
Kitty
Oh, I didn't see that, tigersong can have them then tongue.gif
I_am_the_best
If people could record them and then email them to me (or anyone else who is less computer-retarded than me and will do a better job of putting the lines together) then it shall be good.

Also, how are we arranging the choruses? Are we all going to sing the whole of the chorus or are we going to split it between boys and girls or the singers and non-singers or something else?
Moosh
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 19 2006, 08:41 PM) *
If people could record them and then email them to me (or anyone else who is less computer-retarded than me and will do a better job of putting the lines together) then it shall be good.

I'll do it if you want Ems.

Okay boys and girls, send your files to me at jamesrkg@* and I shall put them together. It would be helpful if you put the line names in the filename. Thank you.

*gmail.com
Phyllis
Okay, I sent my 3 lines to CM. ph34r.gif

I'm willing to participate in group singing the first half of the chorus...but I really hate the way my voice sounds at the end of it (even more than I normally do tongue.gif )

Also, Kitty, aren't you going to take any lines at all, now? sad.gif
Moosh
I've got your lines Cand, but non off anyone else yet, come on people!

There's still a few lines left if you want them Kitty.
Kitty
Errrmm, I'll take V3L7 B1L1 b1L4 then, and I'll get them to you as soon as.... tuesday comes around, because then I'm finally not working!
Feyliya
Okay folks, I'm out. Our microphone is dead as a doornail and we can't afford to pick up a new one yet. B1L2 and B1L3 are now up for grabs. sad.gif
I_am_the_best
Are you sure there's no way you can make a recording? It would be such a shame if you couldn't!

Well that leaves V1L3, V1L5 and possibly B1L2 and B1L3.

I'll get my lines in as soon as possible, CM.
Feyliya
I'm going to see if I can borrow a friend's microphone this Thursday when we go play D&D. So maybe I'll be able to make a recording. :: crosses fingers ::
Moosh
Come on people. Record your lines and send me them! It doesn't matter how bad you sound, it can't be worse than me.
Feyliya
Woot! I didn't have to borrow Craig's mic, I managed to fix ours! All I had to do was figure out how to get at the wires, then re-attach the one that was loose. Thank goodness, too. My mic is part of an expensive microphone/headset combo that I got for my birthday last year.

I'll have the lines ready in a day or two.
Kitty
So are we all singing the entire chorus or what?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'm not singing. I didn't get a hug, sorry. Blame Nov. tongue.gif
Novander
Pfff. Don't put the blame on me just 'cause you don't want to sing.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
You shouldn't have allowed yourself to become the scape goat. Also I don't have sound recorder on my computer! ph34r.gif
Feyliya
I'm warming up my voice for recording Skullcrusher Mountain. I'm not just going to record the lines I signed up for, I'm going to record the entire dang thing. Then you can use me for any lines that noone else wants.

And to guilt everyone else into getting this done, I'm going to host the thing and link to it so everyone can hear the monstrosity. So people, start sending your stuff in while everyone else is busy laughing at me! tongue.gif

*edit 1
Gawd....I'm going to sound like such a jackass (yes, I do mean the donkey kind). But I do this out of love.....yeah.....love of hurting all your eardrums. laugh.gif

*edit 2
Okay.....Windows Sound Recorder is a piece of crap. It only records 60 second bits at a time and it sounds like I'm singing through a kazoo (and I'm sure it's not my mic doing this). Anyone know of any freeware sound recorders that aren't spyware infested?
Moosh
QUOTE (Feyliya @ May 31 2006, 03:08 AM) *
*edit 2
Okay.....Windows Sound Recorder is a piece of crap. It only records 60 second bits at a time and it sounds like I'm singing through a kazoo (and I'm sure it's not my mic doing this). Anyone know of any freeware sound recorders that aren't spyware infested?

Audacity is good, download from here. It's a great all round recording/sound editing program.
Feyliya
Okay, downloaded and installed Audacity. I'll record the song when I wake up as it is now 4 AM.
Kitty
Who's left to turn in their lines?
Moosh
Practically everyone. *Looks stern*

I have lines from: Cand, moop, elphaba, Kitty (although not all of them) and myself.

Everyone else, record and send them in people!
{Gothic Angel}
Eep! Sorry! I completely forgot. Can it wait a couple of weeks until my A levels are over and I can get to Greeneyes' house easily and with spare time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.