Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet on Mata's Turf
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Cath Sparrow
Well guys and girls it's heading towards summer quicker than we realise. So I thought I seeing as we wanted to have a Winchester Meet in the summer it might be an idea to start trying to arrange a date. So let start makeing some date surgestions and get the ball rolling. cool.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Any time after the weekend of the 22nd of July except the bank holiday weekend in August is good for me!
Mata
Not the second Saturday in August, 'cos many of us are off juggling in Crawley, near Gatwick (to which you are all invited, of course http://www.circuswurx.co.uk/conv.html ), otherwise at the moment everything is good.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (Mata @ May 25 2006, 06:35 PM) *
Not the second Saturday in August, 'cos many of us are off juggling in Crawley, near Gatwick (to which you are all invited, of course http://www.circuswurx.co.uk/conv.html ), otherwise at the moment everything is good.

How coincidental. I'm off to Crawley too!
markslut
Will depend on work commitments - may be able to get some time off when we have a date smile.gif

Not August Bank Holiday as I'll be at infest ^.^
froggle-rock
I'm off to the circus camp Mata mentioned above too, so not the 12-13th of August.

/me bounces ZOMD! Mata Meet planning time! biggrin.gif
{Gothic Angel}
I am not free on the second Saturday in August, unfortunately, as I have a family commitment (sorry, froggeh - only just found that out sad.gif I promise I'll be at more meets when I'm free from parents next year tongue.gif), but any other time in August is good for me.

Edit: At the request of froggeh, the dates in August I am PROVISIONALLY available (assuming a weekend meet) are:

Fri-Sun 4-6
Fri-Sun 18-20
Fri-Sun 26-27

I may also be around many other times of that and other months, but that's it for August weekends.

There, happy? tongue.gif
froggle-rock
I just ment to put actual dates e.g. 12-13th August, as opposed to saying the second wekend in August. Y'know, just so as not to cause any confusion.

PFt pft pft *blows rassberries at GA*
WeeJ
Sorry guys, Winchester's a bit too much a mission to get to for me.
Phyllis
QUOTE (WeeJ @ May 26 2006, 12:33 PM) *
Sorry guys, Winchester's a bit too much a mission to get to for me.

Wimp. tongue.gif

I can't make it, cause I'll be on a different continent. We thought I'd be there in August when the initial talk of a Winchester meet started. But instead I'm moving over on Halloween. So I'm going to have to miss this one. sad.gif
Calantyr
I should be up for that. Ph33r.
Stardust_Smile
Sounds awesome - Finally somewhere I may actually be able to get to! smile.gif
bryden42
so whats the concensus?
Cath Sparrow
I know Wyvern pretty tied up most of August would early September be any good for people?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I can do any weekend in September, except the last two weekends: 22nd-24th and 29th-1st October because I shall be moving myself back home on the 23rd and then up to uni the following weekend... lucky me!
Smiler
Date needs to be sorted August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th! August 5th!

Nothing to do with my birthday at all biggrin.gif

Heehee

I'm happy for anything really. August or September are fine for me, FaerieRyn'll be going back to school early Sept/about then sometime though.
I'd prefer not to do the August bank holiday weekend but other than that Early August sounds good- I dunno, maybe August 5th! wink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Sorry Smiler dear that the one date in august I already know I cant do. sad.gif
Mata
Looking at the comments above...

How about July 29th? Does that suit the majority of people? August seems to be a complicated one for most people, but no-one's been mentioning July so I'm hoping that means it's free.
{Gothic Angel}
I can probably do July 29th. I can't do 9th-10th September cos I'm away, but to be honest, I'd rather avoid September altogether because I'm gonna be strapped for cash, and asking parents for loan in the month before I leave for uni doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I think I could do the 29th July, I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure I can do it.
Wyvern
I think I can do the July beastie it seems the most probable option. With life as it is at the moment August is completely hopeless for me far too many lunatics getting married I believe it was four possibly five at the last count not to mention anniversary things ohh and that splendid day what dear Smiler mentioned tongue.gif What is with people and August this year?! September may be tricky but whatever date is settled on I'll certainly give it my best shot! wink.gif
froggle-rock
I've no qualms with July 29th.
Smiler
Hmmm, seven days early but good for me I think wink.gif

I'm generally fine with either July 29th or September
Cath Sparrow
I think you may have to count me out for the 29th July hoping to go to the Rock and Blues Festival. sad.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
There was a sniff of interest from my general direction until you mentioned the 29th of July which buggers me right up.

Gits. tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Bwahahahaha!

Aww *sulk*, won't be nearly as drunk without you! wink.gif

I should be able to make it....probably...can I bring friends?
Mata
July 29th is just a suggestion...

These threads seem to go on forever without decisions until people start making choices.

There have been more 'ayes' than 'nays' for July 29th, but what do people think of Aug 5th?
Cath Sparrow
Nope afraid not. *noodles*
froggle-rock
What about either the 2nd-3rd September or the 9th-10th of September? I can do those dates.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aww *sulk*, won't be nearly as drunk without you! wink.gif

In which case you must all indulge me!! (well, mostly you and the drunken goodness that is me tongue.gif)

Anything other then the last week of July or September would be great.
Cath Sparrow
I'm fine with later in August and September isn't a problem at all.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 2 2006, 10:52 PM) *
Anything other then the last week of July or September would be great.

Do you mean that you will be unavaliable during any weekend in September?

Cand, way this is going, looks like you'll make it after all, lol tongue.gif
LoLo
Perhaps you guys should just start a poll, go with the most voted for date, and just be sad that not everyone can make it, but have fun with those who can.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Inky's buying a house and getting promoted... ok so it was an outside chance, but no one else would have tried!
Rykan
Fuzzle (and I) are being kidnapped to France between the 5th of August and the 19th of August, so he'll be most unhappy if any of those dates are chosen.

Also, my birthday in July 31st, so that day, and I would imagine a few days around that, are a no-no too... gah.
Faerieryn
Will be available for most weekends. Obviously the school holidays are ideal for me as I will be completely BORED!!!!!! for the entire of the holidays if we aren't moving at that point. First week of sept will be a tad tight but doable. Much prefer the 29th of July
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Do you mean that you will be unavaliable during any weekend in September?

Any time after the 23rd I'll be in Devon for a week. Otherwise I think I'm good.
Witless
*bump*

September seems pretty good for people from the sound of it. It's the only time when everyone can give it a good shot.

It'd certain give me plenty of time to make sure I have money put aside for it too. I'd prefer within the first two weekend's in september to be honest. That would be either 1st - 3rd of sept or the 8th - 10th.

If no one has any major issue with september shall we say definately that? so I know when to clear days for ahead of time? Just need to narrow down to a precise time.

p.s maybe lock this topic so it's more official and the board monster doesn't pull it down into oblivion?
Mata
September is good by me. I was hoping to get this arranged for a time when it would be warmer, but if we try for early Sept then we might still have a decent day for it.

How about 2nd September then? Does that sound good?
Sir Psycho Sexy
Isn't the 2nd September a Monday?
A point of interest would be that that's 2 days after my birthday.
Mata
Nope, it's a Saturday.
froggle-rock
I'm in. First weekend in September it is.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Woops, think I must have been looking at October somehow. >_>
It should be do-able.
Cath Sparrow
Sounds Damn good to me. biggrin.gif
Witless
I think I'll be possibly making this one, (go me).

Besides.. I know a certain someone that may stop being my friend if I don't manage to make it!
froggle-rock
/me cheerleads

Yay Team WIPMCTTWM!*

Witless Is Possibly Maybe Coming To The Winchester Meet!
{Gothic Angel}
That should be fine for me, though I'll be skint due to saving money for self-funded holiday starting the week after, so froggeh will be buying my drinks tongue.gif
Mata
Okay, I know it's not perfect for everyone, but 2nd of September is looking to be the most likely date for the majority. You can't please all the people all the time, so figure this is what we have to go for. Unless there is suddenly a huge swath of people who decide that they cannot make it and who can all agree on another date instead, that's the date.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Does anyone remember the name of the B&B I stayed in? It's very important that I don't go back there, I didn't endear myself to the owners very well...
Cath Sparrow
You mean you dont want to go back there then SPS cant think why. tongue.gif

I'm also trying to remeber the one I stay in cause they let me have breakfast when I wanted rather than stupid oclock in the morning and I had a HUGE room to myself.

Well after some digging about I managed to find some of the links from the original meet and the name of the place I stayed in. biggrin.gif

look at pages 7&8 for the accomidation links
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.