Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet on Mata's Turf
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Smiler
Sorted! September 2nd is fine for me. Not sure about sleeping arrangements. Depending on the Readies at the time myself and Ryn will probably try to stay local, but seeing as Woking's only 45 minutes away tops from Winchester and that there's a 12.08am train we may to the travel thing
Faerieryn
Where abouts in Winchester are we planning on congregating. I see plenty of cheap hotels but not sure which ones are a good plan etc. Suggestions?
Mata
We'll probably meet up in/next to the train station. The station is pretty much in the northwest corner of Winchester. I'm not sure where we'll end up for the evening.

Did people like The Railway, the pub we went to last time? We could go there and take over the place again, or we could see if we can find somewhere else.

The Railway is, as the name suggests, right next to the station. Anywhere else that we might drink would be in the city, south east of the station. Trying to find places that are fairly near to this area would make lives easier.
Cath Sparrow
Yeh we liked that pub after you stopped us getting thrown out. It's had a pool table and a GIANT bean bag. biggrin.gif
Mr Fuzzy
The landlord is a rotten old scrote though. I'm not sure if the giant beanbag is there these days.
Forever Unknown
Nup. Last time I went, a couple of months ago, they'd made it all a bit posher, with a sofa that didn't try to eat you nor smelt of mothballs, a distinct lack of beanbags, 'mood lighting' and a video jukebox which is always a bad bad idea.
Cath Sparrow
ohmy.gif but...but...but... how we sqash people if we cant all pile on to the bean bag! Do they still have the vibrator machine in the mens loo for vibrator racing?
Faerieryn
I'm sooooo pissed I missed the last one of these!!! Where are you guys likely to be staying? Matt and I are intending to stay in winchester but we need to know how much it'll be.

By the way is there any chance of a summer "london meet" Involving beer and picnicing? Just a little one to satisfy my craving for frisbee?
froggle-rock
Sounds like a plan, Ryn. Maybe we should make another thread to sort out dates?
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jun 20 2006, 09:11 PM) *
I'm sooooo pissed I missed the last one of these!!! Where are you guys likely to be staying? Matt and I are intending to stay in winchester but we need to know how much it'll be.

My grandparents own a small B&B on Stockbridge Road, which is just the road just behind the train station. It's certainly nothing glamourous, but I think the most they'll charge is something like 30 a night.
Witless
I think I'll be able to make this one, just need to figure out accomadation. I'll be prepared to rough it for something cheap if anyone has any suggestions before I go ahead and look into stuff myself?
Cath Sparrow
Could they deal with a horde of Forumites? (reminds FU about Manchester)
froggle-rock
Cath, maybe we can 'ave our after hour tipples in the nearby (to FU's grandparent's B&B) Royal Winchester park?
Tarantio
eee! a chance to see the cathedral... urm, I mean, you lot again! I can make it in September, methinks, I'm busy/skint for the rest of the summer. If folk are looking for someone willing to split an accomodation bill, lemme know, I'll be up for that (since last time I got stuck literally miles from everyone else and all on my lonesome sad.gif).
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jun 23 2006, 03:09 AM) *
If folk are looking for someone willing to split an accomodation bill, lemme know, I'll be up for that (since last time I got stuck literally miles from everyone else and all on my lonesome sad.gif).

What about that 18 hour coach trip?, or you doing what sane people do and getting a train this time?. laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Is this also hint that you maybe joinning us Space? biggrin.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Cath @ Jun 23 2006, 04:48 PM) *

Unfortunatly what little money i have left in my account, will be used to see Bauhaus in London. I hope you all have fun though ......and this way i avoid being told off by Mata again. laugh.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jun 23 2006, 07:32 PM) *
this way i avoid being told off by Mata again. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif There aren't many pubs in Winchester that approach being decent, so I'd rather not get barred! (Not that I can remember what I tell you off for, but I seem to remember that it is one of those things that happens!)
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Cath @ Jun 23 2006, 04:48 PM) *

......and this way i avoid being told off by Mata again. laugh.gif

But that was the best bit!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 23 2006, 09:25 PM) *
this way i avoid being told off by Mata again. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif There aren't many pubs in Winchester that approach being decent, so I'd rather not get barred! (Not that I can remember what I tell you off for, but I seem to remember that it is one of those things that happens!)

Had absolutly nothing to do with bear fights. Nope not a thing.
Tarantio
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jun 23 2006, 04:06 PM) *

If folk are looking for someone willing to split an accomodation bill, lemme know, I'll be up for that (since last time I got stuck literally miles from everyone else and all on my lonesome sad.gif).

What about that 18 hour coach trip?, or you doing what sane people do and getting a train this time?. laugh.gif

Heh, could go either way yet, I reckon, but we'll see... I've had a very generous offer from an undisclosed party about a lift from the manchester area, so it might not be all bad smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jun 25 2006, 05:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jun 23 2006, 04:06 PM) *

Heh, could go either way yet, I reckon, but we'll see... I've had a very generous offer from an undisclosed party about a lift from the manchester area, so it might not be all bad smile.gif

Like that doesn't give it away!! tongue.gif
froggle-rock
I booked my coach tickets:
02/09/06 13:15 Arrive Winchester, St. Catherine's Park & Ride
03/09/06 17:10 Depart Winchester, St. Catherine's Park & Ride

I kinda have a phone laugh.gif But if anyone wants to give me their mobile number *coughmataiassumeyouwillbesheppardinguscough* please feel free to PM over the boards.

/me does jig
{Gothic Angel}
Mhari, hun... You know how I love you and all, and you would be lovely enough not to rip my kidneys out if I told you that Ican'tcometothe2ndbecauseIjustrealisedit'smymum'sbirthday...

Sorry sad.gif I intend to be at the summery Londony meet potentially though.
Cath Sparrow
Not sure if I'm going to be able to make after all guy sorry. Will keep you updated one way or the other.
froggle-rock
/me meeps like a pro

Cath, How many bleeding brides and grooms do you know?!?! tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
No wedding this time just something throwing a rather large spanner in the works. Which I'm not sure at the moment I'll be able to work round.
Pixelgoth
Hulloooo! biggrin.gif Sorry I've not been around. Work can be a stickler for internet access and I'm just too knackered in the evenings to trawl through dial up biggrin.gif

Can't do 2nd September. Until 2 days ago it was free so I guess I'm just not destined to go to Winchester otherwise I'd have logged on before now sad.gif
Mata
Aww, no Pixie? Bah humbug.

We should start putting together a final list of who will be along to this... Although I've now got to go and get the train to London, so I'll do that another time!
Cath Sparrow
I'm still unsure at the moment but am going to try my very bestest to make as it's about the closet thing to a holiday I'm likely to get. But as usual money is the main problem. So we shall have to see.
Faerieryn
Smiler and I are both intending to grace winchester with our presences but we wanted to check where everyone is staying first. If we're in B&B's then we all want to be as close to each other as possible i.e in the same accomodation, so any thoughts?
Smiler
I agree. It would be much more fun if everyone is as close as possible, at the same B&B etc, that way travel is easier and there is less trudging about

I think I was talking to Mata about it on the weekend but can't remember now... must...improve...memory...
Faerieryn
OK guys. We really need to pick out a place to stay. we can't book anything until we know where everyone else is. We don't know the area AT ALL!!!

The place Cath stayed last time is reasonable as long as we're in pairs. Currently we stand at 3.

BUT we don't really know how far away it is from places.
Forever Unknown
Depending on finances, why not book up some rooms at the Moat House on Worthy Lane? I don't know what the prices are like, but it's big so everyone will be able to stay there, and only a five minute walk or so from Winchester station.

http://www.travelmart.net/reservations/hot...=Winchester,,GB

Otherwise, have a poke on Yell.com for hotels or B&Bs in Winchester, and cross-reference with Multimap.
Tarantio
poosticks. I'm afraid my finances this month are so atrocious that I can't make the winchester meet this time around. I'm glad I could make it to London at least, and it was great to see you all again, but this time its just too impractical for me. Hope you all have a good time in my stead and do make sure and drink a round to absent friends tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Ok I'm really getting the idea that someone does not want me to go to Winchester, as to add to everything else I'm now haveing car trouble which could very well wipe out what few savings I have (the ones I was supposed to be using to move out with sad.gif ) and Wyvern is probably going to be moving that weekend to which I offered my services a while back. So I think I'm back to being counted out again. Sorry. sad.gif
Faerieryn
OK guys this is getting really close. Matt and I want to come but it's beginning to look like only two people are going to be there. Since we have very small funds we would like to know where people are staying so we can all be together and not have to spend out on unrequired taxis. So PLease Post if you are coming and where you will be staying
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.