Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morning.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Usurper MrTeapot
You know that you might have insomnia again when the only people online seem to be Americans, and even they have {away-sleep} in their away message.

Isn't there anyone else awake?
Tarantio
Its quite possible I am, due to very much the same reason as you. Damn insomnia sad.gif You know, so that this doesn't turn into a spam thread, we should form an insomnia relief group or something like that...
Cath Sparrow
It's a bit later than you guy but I was up at 6 for work then my car wouldn't start so I'm now sat here at the computer and have been for most the time I've been up. So I'l sympathise with you from a differnt angle.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Well I went to bed at 3ish today I think, but that was because I was watching dr who for ages, so I probably don't have insomnia. My cat then decided to wake me up really early by scratching at my face.

The other day I woke up at 6am though and then there was a storm! Woo I like storms
Usurper MrTeapot
I decided to redo my CV, it got a bit silly with lots of references to my tea and lemon cake preparations skills.

I think I passed out over my student loan forms.
Feyliya
It's almost 5 AM here and I still haven't slept (a situation which I will rectify as soon as I finish this post). Let's hear it for 14 hour D&D sessions!
Tarantio
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jul 7 2006, 12:57 PM) *
It's almost 5 AM here and I still haven't slept (a situation which I will rectify as soon as I finish this post). Let's hear it for 14 hour D&D sessions!

*Wants to be there, instead of here*

I eventually passed out reading about Edward Hyde sodomising the invisible man... LoEG vol2, before you ask blink.gif
gothictheysay
I've always had insomnia, but it's gotten to the point where I'm so tired because I didn't have restful sleep that falling asleep is easy, but staying asleep isn't. So *hugs and snuggles*; I'm actually going in for a sleep study thing where they attach things to you to monitor your sleep. Hopefully they'll be able to find the problem. I can remember being quite young and still not getting to bed on time, so it's definitely chronic and most likely not my medicine or anything like that.
trunks_girl26
I'm officially the lightest sleeper ever.

Any little noise wakes me up. I've spent nights awake due to cicadas and mornings waking up due to 5am birds.

And I'm the girl who used to fall asleep to NY traffic outside her window ;_;
Izzy
It's 10 am here...and I went to sleep at 4 am...and I'm only up cause some genius thought it'd be funny to set my alarm for 9:00...*yawns* I'm gonna go night night soon...night night everyone...
lyfgozon
well,,am VERY LATE I(on this thread), and at that time ( 3am) am usually in dreamworld..
Ashbless
I woke at 3 am and have been up about a half hour. I'll head to bed soon. Hope I didn't wake my roomate. Went for a late night walk and was listening for a lost cat. It's been lost 4 days now and may not even still be in the area. It's only 9 months old so I hope it's okay out there. Finally called it a night when a baby woke up and screamed for parents.
So...I've been out hunting kittens and scaring babies. Did I mention my dodgy sounding life to anyone?

No sign of cat. S'not even my cat. G'night all.
Usurper MrTeapot
Poor cat sad.gif

I'm up at my usual midday time, ready to watch Chasing Amy, which I hear isn't any good but I'm going to anyway.
El Nino
I sleep every day, so how can it be insomnia? I start work in the afternoon or evening, and generally finish at about midnight. Your morning, is like my evening and night. I'm just on a different timescale to you, that's all.
Izzy
Morning everyone...It's 12:30ish, and I can't sleep...I think when I'm done with the forums, I'm going to make it my personal challenge to watch every animation...then hopefully go to sleep. Free cheers for getting up to get ready for school in 6 and a half hours..Not.

If anyone else is awake, I'd really appreciate ideas on how to either fall asleep, or entertain myself without making any noise.
I_am_the_best
^ I'm awake, except it's probably about 4:50 where you are and hence, you've probably succeeded in sleeping. But may I suggest listening to an mp3 player/walkman and dancing around crazily. Surprisingly exillerating.
Izzy
^ Thanks that's a good idea. I'll try it next time I can't sleep. Last night, I was able to keep busy by messing around with the 3d flash animator, and got a decent idea for a series of animations. I'm nearly done with the first one, and might post it in Creations.
Moosh
Okay, it's about 1am and I'm very jet-lagged and not a bit tired, 'cos I spent the last 6 weeks in the US. And there's no-one online to talk to. And I'm bored.
I can't sleep. Well.. I might have slept for a while about 3 hours ago, but I didn't notice. sad.gif

I think its because I tried to go to sleep at 1 instead of the usual time of 3am.. damn sleep patterns!

I might as well just stay awake now.. but I'm supposed to be doing stuff tonight argh

I tried listening to music.. on the 2nd album now sad.gif
elphaba2
Happy 1 AM, everybody.

Oh, wait.

Well, happy 1 AM to me.
lol. I think I need to change time zones.
Izzy
hehe, school's canceled for tomorrow! I'll be back later to wish everyone a Merry Midnight. (maybe with a friend if she's allowed to sleep over!)
Izzy
Anyways...Merry Midnight!
/spam
Ashbless
How did B.I.C. become El Nino? Did I miss something?

Anyhoo it's 3 am and I'm still wide awake. Going to make tomorrow at the pharmacy a bad day. Hello headache and grumpyness. Good thing I'm working with the coworker I find tough to respect. dry.gif

Finished Steven King's Cell. Was a fair reasonable read. If you like his stuff you'll probably enjoy.

Clear night so maybe I'll turn off lights and see if the stars are out. With a fair bit of luck the northern lights may also be shining.

Why can't I just relax and sleep already? <rhetorical>
elphaba2
It's about quarter past midnight and I have many more pages to write. Happy High School to me...and good morning!
Yannick
'06? Maaan.

I'm wondering if it's even worth it to fall asleep at this point. I need to start getting ready for school in four hours. The essay glaring at me from my desktop will probably appreciate being done more than I'll enjoy waking up even more tired. Bleh. Tests tomorrowwww. Yaaaaay.
Daria
I miss 06 Teapot.
Mata
2006 was a bit of a ropey year for me. 2010 is looking pretty darn awesome so far.

As for the being up early thing, I've been waking up at silly times in the morning recently. 5:15am is no stranger to me at the moment. I can usually get back to sleep, but I'm frequently doing productive stuff on the weekends by 8am. This is frankly absurd. No-one should be forced to endure that many hours of consciousness sequentially before midday. It's just not right.

I miss my old body clock that kept me awake until 3am and then up and working again at 9am or 10am. That was much more fun.
voices_in_my_head
Thanks to end of the year test that will (hopefully) help me get into college and ridiculous work schedules, Chelsey the amazing sleeping woman (She can sleep for 16 hours in a single day! WHOAH!) has been waking up at 5:30.

Eff. This.
Daria
QUOTE (Mata @ May 5 2010, 01:19 PM) *
2006 was a bit of a ropey year for me. 2010 is looking pretty darn awesome so far.

As for the being up early thing, I've been waking up at silly times in the morning recently. 5:15am is no stranger to me at the moment. I can usually get back to sleep, but I'm frequently doing productive stuff on the weekends by 8am. This is frankly absurd. No-one should be forced to endure that many hours of consciousness sequentially before midday. It's just not right.

I miss my old body clock that kept me awake until 3am and then up and working again at 9am or 10am. That was much more fun.

They were the best of times, they were the worst of times.

I think I'm depressed at the moment- no amount of sleep is enough and I feel constantly tired. Yay! Just in time for exams.
Yannick
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ May 5 2010, 02:04 PM) *
Thanks to end of the year test that will (hopefully) help me get into college and ridiculous work schedules, Chelsey the amazing sleeping woman (She can sleep for 16 hours in a single day! WHOAH!) has been waking up at 5:30.

Eff. This.

I've been waking up between 5 and 5:30 for the last school year. It's so strange considering sleeping until 7 "sleeping in".

I got about an hour last night. Then napped on the bus. Zombied it out first and second period, bought a coke (thank GOD they haven't removed our vending machines yet), felt pretty good, and went through the rest of the day okay, picking up another coke after lunch. Minor headache, but honesty, I feel more awake now than I do most Wednesday after school.

Too much sh*t is due tomorrow to get a decent night's sleep tonight, but Thursday afternoon I'm seriously just going to crash.
Moosh
5:15am is no stranger to me at the moment.

There's a 5:15 in the morning now?

Truly we live in a time of plenty.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ May 5 2010, 07:30 PM) *
5:15am is no stranger to me at the moment.

There's a 5:15 in the morning now?

Truly we live in a time of plenty.

Yeh and i think I saw it last thanks to a very wierd sleep pattern caused by cramps last night. Hmmm... dropping off to sleep.... maybe an hour or so....Arrrgh I am not waking up for that.... Gah! Give in, pain killer, drink, loo, wide a bloody wake damn it!!! Read for several hours.... Oooooo! look daylight...... sleep.
voices_in_my_head
random, related question:

Does anyone else take medications to help them sleep when they KNOW they'll need it? I've been known to have half a xanax the night before a big day.
Mata
I tried some over-the-counter sleeping pills when my sleeping patterns were getting ridiculous at one point (I was slowly revolving around the clock so that I was nearly nocturnal). They didn't make me sleepy enough!
Yannick
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ May 6 2010, 12:52 AM) *

Does anyone else take medications to help them sleep when they KNOW they'll need it? I've been known to have half a xanax the night before a big day.

I took a Xanax the night when I posted that ^, and it didn't even work. D: But yeah, I usually do. I'm crap at dosing it though, because I'll get annoyed at it not kicking in fast enough, take more, and then sleep for like 30 hours. >_>
Daria
I've never taken sleeping pills. Although I guess I'm lucky that I have only suffered from insomnia for one period when I was about 17.
Thanks to years of conditioning my body when babysitting, and on long journeys, I am able to go to sleep if and when I need to. On a train for ages? *closes eyes... snores...*
Pretty damn useful when you live as far away as I do from other places.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ May 5 2010, 09:52 PM) *

every day is my usual, but my prescribed sleep med keeps me stoned for too long and i can't take a whole one. cough syrup or otc pills work until my body gets used to them.
EvilSpork
I need a new bed. That is all.
Hobbes
I've never suffered from 'natural' insomnia.

About five years ago, I went through a period of my life where I would spend most nights driving around aimlessly until the early hours of the morning. Sometimes I would get back home in time for a couple of hours sleep before work, often I would just leave myself enough time to shower; decided I didn't really NEED sleep all that much.

The first 48 hours of being awake was relatively easy, with adrenaline shoving/dragging me through the day. But once I missed another night or two, I'd only find myself catching up with sleep on my day off.

In all honestly, I do love sleep. My sister used to call me the, "Incredible Sleeping Man," because of my ability to sleep pretty much anywhere I wanted, and I really do rather enjoy drifting off. But, should I feel the urge to stay up until 4am talking to old friends, or making random trips to 24hour Tesco, then I can do that too smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.