Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency Protest
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > The Issues Forum
monkey_called_narth
Information here

So yeah, these are diffrent pickets happening around the world... i shall hopefully be recieving more infromation on events happening in other cities.... soon. this is just what i have so far.
monkey_called_narth
There is a picket of the spanish consulate to protest spain's recognition of ther right- wing Caldoeron as Mexican president. Calderon has declared himself the winner despite widespread evidence that the election was stolen from his opponent, left winger Lopez Obrador. This picket shall take place friday July 14th starting at 4:30 pm. It will be held at 5715 Manchester Ave., betwen Hampton and Macklind. This picket is to demonstrate international solidarity and organize defence of the human right to democratic participation.

Come join us as part of a day of international "election observers" to let the fox government and workers and poor of mexico know the world is watching. No to electoral fraud in mexico!
pgrmdave
I have a feeling that when this is all over, Caldoeron will be President, and will continue the policies that have helped Mexico become a stronger economic power, rather than have Obrador try to use a corrupt government to help the poor at the expense of the business class (which provides the jobs).
monkey_called_narth
you know... i think the people of mexico might want Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador

24 hour demo in mexico city
Calantyr
It's sort of odd. All the independant observers have confirmed that the elctions have been fair and equally contested. What credible proof has there been that there has been fraud? Or at least the type of fraud that would need to be instigated by the leader of the dominant party to make such accusations.. well... accurate?

Oh, and unless you hold dual citizenship what right do you have to go to Mexico and protest the Mexican elections if you are a US citizen? You're effectively telling to people of another country who they should have as a leader. *shrugs*
monkey_called_narth
the protest wasnt in mexico, and the protest was for a recount of the votes. all the other information is in the diffrent links.

http://www.marxist.com/mexico.htm

if you speak spanish

http://www.militante.org/

it seemes that plenty of people in mexico belive that there is fraud
oobunnie
Yes, but wasn't there alot of people in the States that didn't believe Bush had won it. Sometimes things like this happen. I don't really think it's just to go around protesting every possible thing that might have happened. Protest for the big things, such as what happened in the Ukraine when it was proved to be fraud and the KGB candidate poisoned his competitor after the KGB guy had already won. Then protesting retains it's meaning.

Maybe an English link that isn't mainly linked as Marxist might help in the non biased source kind of a way.
pgrmdave
I think that there are millions of people who wanted Lopez Obrador, about half of Mexico in fact. And the other half wanted Caldoeron. Just because a lot of people show up to a rally doesn't mean that they are the majority. Just because they are louder doesn't mean they are the majority. Protests can be wrong sometimes.
monkey_called_narth
Maybe an English link that isn't mainly linked as Marxist might help in the non biased source kind of a way.

well, considering that all new is going to prove to be biased in one way or anouther. i am sure fox news would protray it in a tottaly diffrent light, but that doesnt make them non biased.

I think that there are millions of people who wanted Lopez Obrador, about half of Mexico in fact. And the other half wanted Caldoeron. Just because a lot of people show up to a rally doesn't mean that they are the majority. Just because they are louder doesn't mean they are the majority. Protests can be wrong sometimes.

The point isnt we want. the poin t is the fact that threw out polls for an extended point of time Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador was winning, then suddenly every vote appeared to be for Caldoeron. The international that i am part of has people in mexico, and they asked that we have pickets demanding that the votes be recounted. yes thats right... the IMT (international marxist tendancy) expands to mexico. we also have large sections in several other countries... and our paper in the uk is "the millitant" i belive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.