Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My next tattoo.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Faerieryn
Ok So I have been going on about having a new tattoo done for ages. I want one done on the small of my back. This morning I was searching for faerie pictures when I cam across
this

Not a tattoo I know BUT I was wondering whether any of my artistically inclined matazonian friends could give me a hand making it into a tattooable image.

What I would like is for the faerie to be in abit more detail- namely hair colour and clothing but the essentail shape is exactly what I want. Any takers?
{Gothic Angel}
I can have a go for you, but I'm not the world's greatest artist. It might end up a bit stylised, but if you're ok with that, I have 3 friends who will vouch for my tatoo designs tongue.gif
elphaba2
I have a pair of earrings with that design. It's lovely. I wish I had any talent whatsoever in tattoo design, or else I would draw one up for you, but, well. Hope you can find a nice one--and I'm sure you will with GA drawing one.
Faerieryn
thanks guys!!!!!
{Gothic Angel}
Just me? blink.gif Eep. Ok - Do you want the celticy knot-type bit in it as well? And where do you see the arm which is behind her going? It's a little difficult to make out.
Ashbless
The tattoo artist him/herself may also be able to help you design it from your necklace. It looks beautiful.
Cookieflair
That is a very nice image. Will people post their efforts? I would love to see.
LoLo
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 22 2006, 07:41 AM) *
Just me? blink.gif Eep. Ok - Do you want the celticy knot-type bit in it as well? And where do you see the arm which is behind her going? It's a little difficult to make out.

I'm working on one at the moment too, I'm stuck on the hands and have a headache this evening or I would finish it up.
Mata
How's this?

Or maybe a flock of them...

I really should stop encouraging people to get more tattoos than they were planning on... ph34r.gif
Faerieryn
All looking very cool people. Thanks so much. I do want the celticky knot thingy in it too as I was planning a celtic knot before I saw thispicture with a faerie attatched which makes it that much more perfect!!!

My main plan is to get it done on the small of my back so it will be another tatto I can't see without a mirror!!! But it will look so cool

Thanks again!!!
Smiler
I'm lovin' Mata's flock'o'faeries but seriously, more than one FaerieRyn could we cope.

Ryn was going to go or something like a rose in celtic knots before (have a look at the back of and "A Knights Tale Directors Cut" if you have it) this kinda took over from that.

I think my fave so far is the thicker edged wings, although both look great... wonder how long it'll take before I get sick of holding up a mirror???? wink.gif
{Gothic Angel}
I've done you two designs, but unfortunately my scanner is teh broken, so I'll have to either wait until it's fixed or see if I can get someone to scan it in for me. Bear with me a couple more days tongue.gif
Stardust_Smile
I have that necklace!!!! Lovely idea for a design Ryn!
Wyvern
Cool I'll have a doodle and see what I can come up with if anything just to get my drawing eye back in.
LoLo
I had planned on finishing this but the creative bug seemed to go away from me and school starts next week so I'm not sure I'm going to get to finish it. If you want the bigger version for print let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. If I do get to finish it before you make a choice on what you want to use for your tat, I'll post a finished version.

If you take that to a tat artist they should be able to work with it to give it better legs and hands.
Faerieryn
Cool Thanks guys!!! The faeries are coming out really nicely. Now my next question is can anyone draw a faerie with the knots either side of it. That would be even better as I am hoping to get something celtic on the base of my spine and this design would fit perfectly.

Thanks!!!
Mata
Is there any particular reason for the celtic knots? There are loads of other cool things out there; how about branches reaching out in the style of chinese plum blossoms?

http://www.angishearstone.com/plum5.html

Or waves in the style of Hokusai?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10...n&lr=&q=hokusai

Not that there's anything wrong with celtic work, but there's a whole world of fantastic imagery out there, and it the celtic knotwork doesn't have specific symbolism for you then there are other options you might like to consider.
Faerieryn
It was more of a case that the design was already there. I can't draw and having a ready made design made it easier. Also it's very simple and quite pretty.
Mata
Here's a straight copy of the image with the celtic knotwork translated for inking:

Here's with inked scrolling:

How about cherry blossoms?

... Or just have all of the above! (Which I think looks rather cool.)

Incidentally, if you do choose to use any of these designs, get your tattooist to tidy up the lines on the wings. They're fiddly to correct when use free-drawn vectors, but it'll be the work of moments with a pencil!
{Gothic Angel}

I figure you can colour it in how you like (like a colouring book! happy.gif). And there be clothes and things.

Look at the full size one http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/got...canImage001.jpg for a more detailled and better quality picture. edit: Which is slightly fuzzy now I come to look at it. I could even send you the original, if you want tongue.gif
Faerieryn
Oh my God Guys they are PERFECT!!!!! THAnkyou so much!! I will almost definitely be using at leasst one of them. I love them so much. Thankyou!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cookieflair
OoOoh they are all great. But which will you chose?
Mata
Let me know if you need bigger versions. Everything is vector, which means that I can scale up to whatever size you want very easily. I'm glad you like the pics, GA's are cool too smile.gif
Faerieryn
Hi all,

I know this topic has been gone for a while now but with rykan posting about her tat I thought I'd bring it up again. I've decided that I want the one mata first put on for me with the knot work sort of design but I would like to put proper butterfly wings onto her. Is there anyone out there in internet land who could help? I've tried adding wings myself but have no art/ computer art skills and need help doing this. My plan is to leave much of the tattoo black and white but have colour on thw wings. Neat huh?
monkey_called_narth
none of these are to brilliant, but i needed somthing to focus on for a while... so here goes.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/comm...pg?t=1172958291

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/comm...pg?t=1172958393

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/comm...if?t=1172958418

if you used any of these, you would have to get the lines fixed a bit.
Faerieryn
They are beautiful Narth!! Thank you. I will consult with my sponsor (rumour has it that I may be getting it as part of my birthday pressie and if not well he has to live with it- it'll be on my back so he'll see it more than me!) and let you know if I use them. They are lush!
Rykan
Ah no, I was all set to try and have my go at drawing it ^^' I can try giving Mata's design butterfly wings though :3
Faerieryn
Please do. Really, the more I see the more I can choose from
Rykan
Hokay laugh.gif

Did this one in a vaguely anime style, and

this one in a vaguely more realistic style.

Let me know if you like either one of them, or want any changes or more details (like jewellry) and I'll neaten it up and ink it. Did you want it in colour or black and white shading or just the lines? Oh and did you want her holding the gem or not? And what about nipples >.>
Faerieryn
Ok guys. Sorry to keep doing this but I'm determined to have something I really love on my skin.

I've chosen the design

And now I've found some wings. They're the wrong size and probably a touch on the detailed side but these are the sort of thing I would like on the design.

Any ideas?
Mata
How's this?

Sir Psycho Sexy
That does look good, but the right arm is a little hidden by the wing. (Not sure why I'm commenting...)

I keep playing with the idea of something on the inside of my wrist, but it makes me cringe at the same time...
Daria
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 2 2007, 03:10 PM) *
That does look good, but the right arm is a little hidden by the wing. (Not sure why I'm commenting...)

I keep playing with the idea of something on the inside of my wrist, but it makes me cringe at the same time...

I have a tattoo that I designed last year- I was going to wait a while, to make sure I still wanted it before getting it. Turns out, I still really REALLY do, I just have no clue as to where to put it. I want it on the sole of my right foot, but that would be super painful sad.gif

/end self-commentary

I really like those wings too, but perhaps the right hand side arm needs to be slightly bent at the elbow/ at a bigger angle away from the legs.
Faerieryn
Mata that is gorgeous!!! Now I just need to add some colour to the wings and then I'll be set!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 2 2007, 06:59 PM) *
I want it on the sole of my right foot, but that would be super painful sad.gif

Not so much I wouldn't have thought, the sole of your foot probably has quite tough skin anyway and not too much in the way of nerve endings. Walking on it while it healed might be an issue, but more in the way of an irritant than actual pain.
Forever Unknown
Tattoos on the feet always fade really quickly, just so you know.
Mata
I bet it would tickle like hell when they were doing it!
Daria
Trouble is, SPS, it'd be on my instep. UBER soft part.
Luckily for me, Mata, I'm not ticklish biggrin.gif (well, except when naked or aroused, but I'm hoping I shall be neither when having the tattoo done).

My problem is that I don't want it to be visable unless I show people, I want it to be somewhere where I can see it and I don't want it on my hips/ tummy. Nor boob.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 3 2007, 08:58 AM) *
Tattoos on the feet always fade really quickly, just so you know.

Especially on the soles of your feet. It likely wouldn't look the same in a few days, much less a few years. The soles are constantly in use, and they get pretty dirty (which means they take longer to heal, and there's a greater risk of infection).

I don't know where else you could get it that would be visible to you, but not to others. Just above your knee? Well, unless you wear shorter dresses a lot.
Daria
/me hijacks Ryn's thread a little more

It would be in red, too. Haha, it would last about two days >_>

I've always thought that my sternum would be a fun place to have it done. But then again, it kind of defeats the point about "having it in a place where I can show others"

*imagines hoiking down top to show people new tattoo, forgetting that yes, boobies are there too*
Faerieryn
Perhaps at your hairline? I have always favoured tattoos that been covered when you want to. Hence mine is (and eventually are) on my back
Sir Psycho Sexy
Back is always a favourite for that, or shoulder....

Also, hi Kim! *waves*
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 4 2007, 01:03 AM) *
Also, hi Kim! *waves*

... Um. Hi?

Whut?
Sir Psycho Sexy
...it's a secret. ph34r.gif
Forever Unknown
No it's not.
Daria
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Sep 3 2007, 10:48 PM) *
Perhaps at your hairline? I have always favoured tattoos that been covered when you want to. Hence mine is (and eventually are) on my back

I would do, but I'd still like to be able to sit there and spend hours narcissistically staring at it. Well, perhaps just minutes. biggrin.gif
{Gothic Angel}
You know, I was JUST thinking about this the other day when I was designing these:

(I am so sorry for the...
Terrible quality of these photos)

For myself to potentially get. It's so cool you're actually getting it done, Ryn. I thought it had kind of disappeared into the ether biggrin.gif

(This post is blatantly not just an excuse to fish for compliments on my artwork >.> I said things which were totally relevent and not forced tongue.gif)
Mata
Nice line work. I like the heart/clefs the best.
elphaba2
about Places to Put It--A tattoo's always been in the "eventually" bit of my life (I've got a design, it's a small round submarine that I doodled one day and periodically test out in pen to see if I still like how it looks) and for ages I was so concerned about where it could go where I wouldn't mess up my chances in meeting people. But there are so many respectable and respected people who have visible tattoos that it's no longer a big deal for me. If I ever make it out to (and into) Berkeley, I'm buying a motorbike and getting my submarine on my forearm.
Daria
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Sep 7 2007, 03:30 AM) *
about Places to Put It--A tattoo's always been in the "eventually" bit of my life (I've got a design, it's a small round submarine that I doodled one day and periodically test out in pen to see if I still like how it looks) and for ages I was so concerned about where it could go where I wouldn't mess up my chances in meeting people. But there are so many respectable and respected people who have visible tattoos that it's no longer a big deal for me. If I ever make it out to (and into) Berkeley, I'm buying a motorbike and getting my submarine on my forearm.

For me, I want it to be hidden for a few reasons:
- My mother. She HATES tattoos and piercings, and when my brother got his done, she cried.
- My granma- same reason, but without the tears
- My job: I'm currently a PA and have to go to meetings with people who I need to respect me from the word go. Unfortunately, if I was to have a tattoo somewhere very visable (no matter what it was), I would be immediately branded as a certain type of person.
- Lastly, my main concern is "what if I don't want to see it in later life?" I know I definitely want this tattoo done, but I am quite fickle with changes in my self,a nd get bored with things quite easily (my hair is only continuously the same colour due to it refusing to absorb temporary dyes).
Yes, my main concerns are about what others would think of me, but I think that it is actually important to have it as a very personal thing. The design means a lot (there is even a poem written about it for me), and I want to have the tattoo in a place where it is hidden, but where I can show people, so that I only share it with those who mean a lot to me and who would understand the thoughts behind it. To me because it is SO symbolic, it kind of feels as though something would somewhat be detracted from the design if everyone and their dog were to see it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.