Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London meets: 11th Nov 2006 + 6th January 2007
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cath Sparrow
Sound like a plan Tate will = less time for spending which is good for Cath's seeing as Cath's are trying not to spend so they actually have some sembelance of money in Norway.

GA - Feel better quick so I can meet you biggrin.gif

I wont forget my ID seeing as I'm so young looking tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I like that plan, I do want to go shopping but at the same time I really want to go to the Tate. The Tate is not something I can do elsewhere so that takes priority smile.gif

See you all on Saturday!
Usurper MrTeapot
I'm up for a bit of Camden.
{Gothic Angel}
Thanks guys smile.gif

Cath - GA's will be taking the day off on Friday in order to be better and come tongue.gif

I have *no* money. Partly because I'm an irresponsible student, partly because I'm within walking distance of Kensington High Street (Shopping!) and I have female friends in halls and Sundays are so gosh darn boring... But Camden means I can wear my awesom coat and not get brutally beaten and stabbed and stuff, so Mata's plan (as ever tongue.gif) seems good
Pengone
2pm waterloo sounds good to me.
Mata
Yay! So we meet at 2pm in Waterloo, we'll all go to the Tate, wander up to Camden for a while, then reconvene to go to a cheapish restaurant in Chinatown, then off to The Marlborough Head, or a similarly decent pub in the evening.
Smiler
Well blow me if that doesn't sound like a damn good plan for a Saturday!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Steve, Cand and I might be a bit late, our train is due into St Pancreas at 1.45 and they have to check into thier hotel before meeting up.
Mata
I had a lovely time, and it was really good to see you all. 17 people in the end: not bad!

Roll on January!
Sir Psycho Sexy
Something popped up and I forgot all about it anyway...ah well, I'll book the next one off.
Mata
We were rather wondering what happened to you. I did notice that you weren't on the 'definitely coming' list that I had, and no-one seemed quite sure if/when you were coming. Still, it's only a couple of months to the next one smile.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well, primarily, I have a shoddy memory and was quite distracted by the excitement of having a Saturday evening off, but I was also distracted by the fact I had about 5 hours sleep between closing on Friday and opening on Saturday (d'oh), the fact I'd promised a friend we'd go to the rock night that evening and then said friend and his girlfriend of 6 years breaking up, so even if I had remembered, I wouldn't have been able to make it.
Smiler
We missed you SPS

What an awsome day! It was really fun and had fireworks to boot! I don't think I'd be out of place saying that in parts it was also surreal. Ryn & I had a great time... only about eight weeks to the next one biggrin.gif Cant wait
Cath Sparrow
Also had a great time even if it did take a STUPID amount of time to get home on Sunday (started at the tube station at 3.15pm got home at 11.05pm wacko.gif ).
And dont forget to think outside the surealist box but watch out for the extra long matches!
It was so good seeing every one and meeting new people in R/L and Daria that was really Mata just so your sure tongue.gif
{Gothic Angel}
It was really good fun - I'm glad I decided to show up. And I know a lot more about languages now (Thanks Monty tongue.gif). You guys caused me to completely lose my voice on Sunday - you should be proud tongue.gif Roll on January!

Did anyone actually manage to get any pics btw?
Cath Sparrow
*is very proud* tongue.gif
Daria
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 13 2006, 02:30 PM) *
It was so good seeing every one and meeting new people in R/L and Daria that was really Mata just so your sure tongue.gif

ohmy.gif REALLY? Damn, I thought you were all just having me on!

It was much fun- I had an awesome time. Meeting my not-so-evil twin was cool as well biggrin.gif
Calantyr
I missed it and that makes me sad. sad.gif

I'm glad everyone had a good one though!
Mata
Are you free in January, Cal?
Smiler
You'll just have to make it up in January then wont you wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

The FairieRyn took a few pic GA but we still dont have the internet at home and her work's banned Mata's sites as not being suitable for the kiddiewinks ( huh.gif blink.gif). Anyway, we're being hooked up on Sunday so we'll get some on asap
Calantyr
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 15 2006, 01:08 PM) *
Are you free in January, Cal?

I'm not sure I'll know this far away, but I certainly hope so. I need my Matazone fix. sad.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Does anyone have any pictures yet? I remember having cameras pointed at me a few times during the day...
Phyllis
We still have pictures on moop's phone, just haven't bothered to upload them yet.

Okay, kidlets...the January 6th meet. Are we definitely going for that day? I want to book our tickets soonish because we can get them waaaay cheap buying this far in advance (it'd cost less for both of us to go if we book now than it did for just ONE of our tickets for the last meet ohmy.gif).
Witless
I'd say that's the best date. Since it's going to be just after christmas and new years might i suggest ultra cheap? Like even cheaper than last time?

To start the ball rolling, I'd say we actually do go to camden this time

a ) it's entertaining and free to walk around camden.
b ) It's a lot cheaper to eat there than where we ate last time!
c ) the bars are local and nice and therefore not too much of the day will be spent travelling from place to place.
(as much as the long walks gave us all a chance to chat last time, it would be nice to park our butts this time)

So who votes camden, and who votes we figure out something else new and uncertain.
Daria
Camden |X|
Other | |
Wytukaze
Camden | |
Something New And Uncertain | |
Something New And Uncertain In Camden |X|
mooooooooooopo
Camden sounds good to us. We are buying our train tickets now, so you all had better not change your minds on the date! tongue.gif
Wytukaze
QUOTE (moop @ Dec 7 2006, 08:13 PM) *
Camden sounds good to us. We are buying our train tickets now, so you all had better not change your minds on the date! tongue.gif

You guys didn't even wait a day! Hastyhastyhasty. Why all the haste, Hasty McHaste-Haste?
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Dec 7 2006, 08:15 PM) *
QUOTE (moop @ Dec 7 2006, 08:13 PM) *

You guys didn't even wait a day! Hastyhastyhasty. Why all the haste, Hasty McHaste-Haste?

Candice is calling the shots now. *makes whip cracking noise/motion*

tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I would like to go but it is my mums birthday and I have NO money already and I still have like a billion Christmas presents to buy... argh!!
That means you have to take twice as many pictures as usual tongue.gif
Daria
Why does Moop get out of the mother birthday-ness?

*amends vote for Something New And Uncertain In Camden*
Mr Fuzzy
He sold his soul to Santa, and is now damned to spend eternity as a corporate shill for Coke. Let that be a lesson to you kiddiewinkles!
Phyllis
QUOTE (Daria @ Dec 8 2006, 01:34 AM) *
Why does Moop get out of the mother birthday-ness?

Cause he has to be back in Derby on the 2nd for work, whereas snoo will still be at their parents' house. I think that's the reason, anyway. unsure.gif I actually didn't know it was her birthday until snoo told me...moop hadn't mentioned anything about it. Plus, uhm....Lo will be there? She's coming allllll the way from the US! Nevermind that she's also probably visiting us up here on the 8th....lalalala.

Anyhow...we were so hasty because the price already went up in the 3 hours between me looking at prices myself and then showing moop. Crazy trains. You can actually sometimes get a single from London to Derby at 3.95, but I think it involves voodoo and waving several dead chickens in the direction of Midland Mainline.
LoLo
My vote is for whatever works best. This was really an important post for me to make huh? lol
Usurper MrTeapot
I will wander with whoever wants to wander somewhere, and Camden is a must for me.

Camden |x|
Wyvern
Well all its been a while but with a bit of luck and some crafty time tabling I reckon Dark Angel and myself will be able to join the good matazonian masses in January!

Roll it on I can't wait!
Mata
11th November 2006 PHOTOS!

http://matazone.co.uk/matameets/nov11th2006-london/

I finally got around to plugging in my camera. I didn't take many - I was having lots of fun, chatting, and drinking quite a lot of beer.

Camden in January sounds good to me. I'm pretty easy to please - a slow wander around Camden is always nice. I'll be very skint on the day itself because I'll have just come from Bristol and I'm moving on the 15th, so a cheap day would be very good!
Cath Sparrow
Now would I do anything as crazy as inviting pirates.......erm actually probably yes tongue.gif
Fun photo's it was a good day and went way to quickly.
Daria
Dave looks like a Zombie in the second from last picture! We are all very odd looking people.

*secretly glad there is only one picture of her and she is in the background*
Witless
Ahmagod I shall have a camera for the next meet! It's a digital SLR, a beast of a thing. Fear my 10.1 megapixel camera of doom with +5 allowing me to see people all stupidly close up powers (aka 10.7x optical zoom.)
Mata
Anything is better than my digital camera, including a box browning. Seriously, they overpowered the flash to a silly level but it was before the silly resolution cameras became normal so I don't get much detail either. Ah well, it's good enough for the web, which is the important bit.
Witless
My last camera was worse than yours.

To go from that to what I have now. I don't know my brain feels over stimulated by it all. It's quite a thing to go from a truelly awful camera, to something quite so impressive.
Cath Sparrow
*pat's Witless* There there dear. You dont want to get over excited now do you, we all know what happens when you get over excited. tongue.gif
Mata
He turns green and rips off his shirt?
Witless
dry.gif
</spam>
Mata
And he grows long ears... And puts on goggles... And a red uniform... My god! He turns into Bucky O'Hare! So that's why he chose that avatar! biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
I was taken to the quaint New Picadilly Cafe the othere day. I mention this, because it might be a good meeting/ eating point. Plus the food is nice and cheap for central London, and it;s an independant cafe. Anyone?

I'm not fussed about what we do during the day, to be quie honest- as long as it's near a decent pub so I can escape the cold should needs be.
Phyllis
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 17 2006, 04:06 PM) *
I was taken to the quaint New Picadilly Cafe the othere day. I mention this, because it might be a good meeting/ eating point. Plus the food is nice and cheap for central London, and it;s an independant cafe. Anyone?

Hmmm. Personally I'd rather meet at Camden tube station. We'll be getting into London at about 2:30 PM and I'd rather have a bit of time to wander around Camden since we didn't get to at the last meet. Plus, tube stations are easy to find and that's a must for someone with my sense of direction. unsure.gif

I'm not bothered about where we eat, though, as long as I'm not walking for an hour while desperately having to pee again! tongue.gif
Mata
How about Camden during the day, then the independant cafe place for some nosh, then off to a pub for the evening.

Any preference of pubs? Lurking upstairs in the Marlborough Head seemed to work quite well. It was a bit noisy, but I don't really know places in central London that aren't on a Saturday night!
blackbeltduck
Wow, I'm going to miss this by just 2 days. I am sad.

The Mr. Snaffleburger animations are really popular amongst me and my friends, but I guess there will be other opportunities for meetups.

Also, hello!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.