Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petty Complaints
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
Petty complaints can sometimes be fun, but they are in a sense petty and often times people make you feel stupid for saying them, but I thought I'd start a topic where you can get these off of your chest.

I will start it off with the fact that I hate it when I get food caught up near the top of my teeth and my cheek and the only way to get it out is to use my finger to push it down to where I can swallow, but I'm in public and it's considered rude to do something like that. I'm experiencing this right at this moment, stupid bran muffin.

Another thing is when people feel the need to treat you like crap because they think you like them when in fact you don't, but they want to turn you off of them. Stupid egotistical people.

Oh yay the bran muffin can down on it's own!
JimiJimi
I get annoyed when I push the button at the traffic lights, and then someone comes up next to me and pushes the button again (despite the fact that the red light/orange 'WAIT' sign is already lit up), as if it'll make the lights change faster.

I don't know why it annoys me, it just does.
voices_in_my_head
I hate it when you are writing or drawing in pencil/markers, and when you lift your hand up, the side of it is covered in pencil/marker marks...

(My marker makes marks...try saying that ten times fast...)
LoLo
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Oct 2 2006, 02:35 PM) *
I hate it when you are writing or drawing in pencil/markers, and when you lift your hand up, the side of it is covered in pencil/marker marks...

(My marker makes marks...try saying that ten times fast...)

I actually had that happen today in my first desing class. I got pencil all over my hands and then that got onto my face because I kept moving my hair out of my face.
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 2 2006, 07:00 AM) *
I will start it off with the fact that I hate it when I get food caught up near the top of my teeth and my cheek and the only way to get it out is to use my finger to push it down to where I can swallow, but I'm in public and it's considered rude to do something like that. I'm experiencing this right at this moment, stupid bran muffin.

That happens to me all the time, and I cannot stand it!

I can't stand the sound of trickling water. Like those tabletop fountains...they drive me insane. Real waterfalls are fine...but I just want to throw little fountains through a window.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I hate that my mum will come into my room without knocking, and if I say something about it, she'll over react by saying something like "fine, I'll never come into your room again!".
elphaba2
I hate it when people have some aspect or factor of their life that they feel the need to involve in every interaction they ever have. As if a discussion about lateness to class was a discussion about one speaker's skin color, for example. Drama queens.
LoLo
I hate when I get home from a 14 hour day at school (pretty much straight through) and my mom asks me if I heard about something that happened while I was at school, as if I have had time to watch the news.
Ashbless
On a slow day at work I see 60 people and a busy day (I work in a quiet pharmacy) can be 120. You see me once a month. Yes, I'll grant you you are probably a regular here but I've been known to have trouble with the names of casual friends.
Is it that hard to tell me who you are?
And let's not even talk about the paranoid fellow who gives you the wrong name because "they" might overhear it and then expects you'll find his file without trouble. Him, I'm getting to recognise.
LoLo
I'm apparently really complainy lately...

I hate when my mom has to go to the bathroom while I'm in the shower, and then waits to flush the toilet until it's time for me to rinse the cream rinse out of my hair, so the water pressure gets to be less, and it takes me longer to rinse it all out, and usually I don't get all of it out so I end up with dried cakey parts to my hair.

I also dislike it when I get to the bottom of a cup of coffee and get a mouthful of coffee grounds. The girl who makes coffee at the campus coffee shop seems to have a tendancy to make coffee that does that.
Faerieryn
I really hate it when students have a go at me for not marking their coursework 30 seconds after I get it. The main reason they have to wait so long is usally because the buggers haven't actually handed it in on atime and now I have to find extra time to mark it. LIke I don't have a life?

Oh and I hate it when you get really serious letters through the post and when you phone up all migrainey and panicking they say "Oh don't worry about it, just get it to us when you can" or "That was a mistake. Ooops!" or "Ignore the letter, wehave since recieved your payment" or other such stuff. One of them cost me a day at work today
That_Guy
I hate it when people make fools of themselves. It just bothers me. I don't know why, maybe it's because earlier in my life I got shunned for doing something even remotely out-of-the-ordinary.
Daria
The joke of "Oh! You can't eat that, it's got meat in!" gets very old, very quickly. Everyone thinks they are original by saying it, and everyone says it more than once.
It isn't funny, please don't mock my ethics just because I am not the same as you. Would you say there was pork in something if I was Muslim?

Children who stand infront of you in a queue, even though you were there first and there is even someone infront of you. Their mother joins them at the side of the queue and when the person infront of you goes next, the mother has a go at them, saying their child was there first. Obviously she has magical powers to know what went on while she was away.

People who use seats on the underground/ metro/ bus when there is someone more needy of said seat- i.e old woman.

People talking with their mouths visably full of food- it is disgusting, as it chewing gum and talking to me. If I wanted to see the contents of your mouth, I would ask.

My last petty complaint is a vague one as I know I am probably guilty of it at times- but when you are talking to someone about something and there is obviously something they wish to tell you about themselves, so they ignore all of what you have just said, even if it is a question which would involve an answer from them, and start talking about what they wish to say. It just irritates me how they don't have the manners to let you finish, or even interact with you.
I think my main annoyances are linked with manners- I guess from having them instilled into you as a child, you tend to expect others to have them.
Random_Trout
I hate it when jaguars think they're cheetahs.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 4 2006, 08:59 AM) *
I also dislike it when I get to the bottom of a cup of coffee and get a mouthful of coffee grounds. The girl who makes coffee at the campus coffee shop seems to have a tendancy to make coffee that does that.

Agreed. It's the same way with mix hot chocolate or instant breakfast.

I also hate it when people tell you to do something and then get mad at you for doing it.
"Get on the computer and look this up for me."
(Two minutes later)"Christ, do you ever get off of the computer?"
{Gothic Angel}
The joke of "Oh! You can't eat that, it's got meat in!" gets very old, very quickly. Everyone thinks they are original by saying it, and everyone says it more than once.

People actually do that? Jeez. That's pretty unpleasant.

I hate it when people feel the need to take the piss out of other people and ridicule them in minor ways in front of a group to the point where the victim gets wound up, then tell the victim "not to get so upset" or to "calm down", because they were "only joking". The same goes for people who tell other people to calm down when they aren't actually agitated.

"Could you put that into the condenser, please?"
"Calm down, it'll get done."
"*blank expression*"

I also find it extremely irritating when people mis-spell things frequently through laziness or out of some desire to look "cool". Ditto grammar. (God, I hope I spelled that right tongue.gif)
voices_in_my_head
Okay, I officially have the most useless and possibly strange complaint:
Who decided that twin-wrapped little debbies was a good idea? You open the package to get one...and well, you can't just wrap the other one up, because it'll go stale and that's a waste of perfectly good food...so you eat that one too. And then you're on a sugar high for an hour or two...

I feel the need to tackle the big issues of the world. *nod*
Daria
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Oct 12 2006, 10:05 PM) *

They ARE only joking, but then they go very quiet when you point out that you doubt they would do the same thing if it was because of a religious belief instead of a personal moral choice.

What is a Little Debbie VIMH?
LoLo
QUOTE (Daria @ Oct 12 2006, 10:26 PM) *
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Oct 12 2006, 10:05 PM) *

They ARE only joking, but then they go very quiet when you point out that you doubt they would do the same thing if it was because of a religious belief instead of a personal moral choice.

What is a Little Debbie VIMH?

They are snack cakes like twinkies, which I don't know if you have over there either.

I've never heard of people joking about meat in food, that's really jerky. Perhaps it's because it's a rather common thing for people to be vegetarians over here.

My complaint, I really bugs me when I eat dried coconut and one of the pieces gets stuck in some unknown area of my mouth, only to resurface an hour later for me to almost choke on.
{Gothic Angel}
All food in the world is clearly out to get humans. Turkish delight has taken to filling my lungs with icing sugar every time I eat it, and I know what you mean about the coconut, Lo.

Mind you, if my fate was to be eaten, I don't think I'd be kindly disposed towards the eater tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 13 2006, 04:03 PM) *

They are snack cakes like twinkies, which I don't know if you have over there either.

Ahh, I always used to hear that being said on usa tv programs over here. Now I know what they are.
pgrmdave
My complaint - people who push the buttons for an elevator repeatedly, as though if they press it more, the elevator will come faster.
LoLo
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Oct 14 2006, 08:27 AM) *
My complaint - people who push the buttons for an elevator repeatedly, as though if they press it more, the elevator will come faster.

That one works for people at cross walks too.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 15 2006, 02:38 AM) *
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Oct 14 2006, 08:27 AM) *

That one works for people at cross walks too.

But it's true! Or at least it's a way to pass those whole six seconds before it changes... ph34r.gif
Stardust_Smile
My complaint is probably when you buy something from vending machines, but it doesn't come out and it's just hanging in mid-air where it's got stuck.

The only way to get it to fall is by pushing the top of the vending machines as hard as you can in the hope that it will rock and your food will fall out, which is impossible if you're short or not very strong like I am. Then again if you try doing that, the teachers/staff come over and tell you to stop damaging their property.
Ashbless
It irritates me to no end when I am busy (two or three things on the go) and my coworker is currently unoccupied and she decides to supervise what I'm doing. Why not be usefull instead? Maybe find something to do? There's usually a few tasks that're dead easy to spot. Then I don't have the urge to add 'throttle the coworker' onto my to do list.

Asking me to do something for her while I'm busy and she's loafing causes workplace stress and probably adds on to the time she'll spend in, um, purgatory after she dies.
Phyllis
I really hate it when I answer the phone and the person on the other end says "Who is this?" right away. No hello, no introducing themselves....just "Who is this?" Grrr.
Izzy
I hate it when your with your friend, and somehow hurt yourself to where you can't get up, or something hurts really bad, and they just stand there and go, "Dude, you ok?". Answer: No! I'm not! Go get someone that'll do something about it!

I hate it when one of my guy friends is over at my house, and like every 5 minutes my mom comes in my room asking us what we're doing now. If I'm with a girl, my mom will be like, "Ok, have fun" and leave us alone..

I hate it when I can't find the TV remote, and then someone else looks in the exact same spot I just looked and finds it.
LoLo
I hate it when I get zits right on the edge of the dead part of my chin because for some reason, because it's on the edge right by the alive parts of the rest of my face, it's 10 times as sensative there. It never fails though, when my period hits I get a zit right at the edge and then I mess with it creating another zit in the same area of pain.

I doubt anyone can relate to this petty complaint, but it's something that is bugging me at the moment.

I also rather dislike that if I want to buy art supplies in my town I have to pay double what I pay out of town if I can find the stuff I need at all here, which is a rarety.
Righteous
I hate it when the old man yells at us because of some stupid crap, like when we take a day off for something important or can't for whatever reason finish a job to his liking.

I also hate how miserable of a co-worker my brother is and how he likes to be a little bitch at work.
Izzy
I hate it when you're in school, and like every 5 minutes someone over the intercom goes, " We are testing the intercom, ignore this". By about the 4th time everyone's all like, "Ok dude, we heard the the last time!"

I hate it when I'm in the middle of something, and my mom tells me to get off the internet.

I hate it when I accidently press the Caps Lock button, and don't realize it until I'm done typing, and then have to re type everything..
Righteous
UGH! I hate it when I can't trim my gotee evenly!
LoLo
I'm annoyed that the evil Chase credit card company has taken my song that I sang triumphantly when I broke up with my ex boyfriend for the final time, and used it as a theme song for their commercials.
Izzy
I hate it when Newgrounds locks a thread because the title didn't describe the post enough. I mean, seriously.
That_Guy
I hate how there's lots of lazy people on Newgrounds.

Don't believe me? Type "quiz" in the search box and see how much originality there is on that page.
LoLo
I'm a zombie so I'm feeling complainy today...

To start things off, I hate when you get just enough sleep that it would have been more worth your while to just not sleep at all.

I really dislike when you really have to go poo and a public restroom is your only option, and people keep coming in.

I get annoyed when I thought there was more to say but I'm so tired I can't recall what it is I wanted to say.
Righteous
I hate how my knee doesn't hurt...it just feels weird. I'd rather it just hurt.

What I don't get is how my girlfriend recently got on this I-don't-want-to-do-anything-other-than-kiss kick. I mean, I don't hate her for it or anything, but it's random as Hell.

Why can't I sleep? Dear God, why can't I sleep?
markslut
The lack of pretty and comfortable boots in girlyboi sizes.

Snobby People giving me dodgy looks for sitting in the former first class on First Great Westerns newly aquired second hand trains
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (markslut @ Oct 24 2006, 09:15 AM) *
Snobby People giving me dodgy looks for sitting in the former first class on First Great Westerns newly aquired second hand trains

Urgh. The snobby people. My family were once bumped up to first on the Eurostar and all we got were funny looks. They were the sort of people who when offered tea or coffee or something from the breakfast menu, as it was morning, demanded "wine, why can't you people give me some wine".
LoLo
I hate when you see a bug crawl across you and from then on all you can feel are bugs crawling on you even though there really aren't any.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I hate how the hot water tap goes *cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, just right, too hot, too hot!!* and the cold water tap goes *tepid, tepid, warm, hot, warm, warm, warm, cold*
Izzy
I hate it when you have to go to the bathroom really bad, but the teacher won't let you 'cause you're in the middle of a lesson.

I hate it when your on the computer in school, and someone either tells you to go to a certain site, or tells the teacher the site your on. ..Like right now.
markslut
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Oct 24 2006, 02:12 PM) *
Urgh. The snobby people. My family were once bumped up to first on the Eurostar and all we got were funny looks. They were the sort of people who when offered tea or coffee or something from the breakfast menu, as it was morning, demanded "wine, why can't you people give me some wine".

I was so tempted to point out what was written on the headrest covers.

'First Great Western - Standard Class'
and on some which must have come with the 2nd hand train
'Transpennine Express - Standard Class'
LoLo
I hate when people's cell phones go off in class, and I hate even more when it's mine.
Righteous
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 30 2006, 11:17 PM) *
I hate when people's cell phones go off in class, and I hate even more when it's mine.

Oh, I'm down with that.

I hate how when I hurt myself at work, no one has any sympathy for me, be it my brother or any of my friends (I'm actually resisting the urge to punch my brother in the face as we speak). The only person who seems to have any sympathy is the old man who ends his pep talks with, "Well, hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow and you'll be able to work."

Yay. I get to walk around like a decrepit old man if I can't get a hold of a set of crutches or at least a cane.

EDIT:
There's a chick in my intro to education class who annoys the piss out of me. She believes in the Montessori method (Google it) and corporal punishment (which are mutually exclusive) and feels the need to tell the class about it all the damn time. She also believes that meeting and working with new people is not a life skill and that I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, and nailpolish to job interviews and will, therefore, never get a job.

The only cool thing about knowing this chick is when we get into it during class and how the teacher always call her out and not me. happy.gif
LoLo
...when you go to use the bathroom and then 10 minutes later your body realizes you need to go the other type of bathroom goodness.
Righteous
I hate how steroids make you constantly hungry, especially if you're already fat (they're for my back).

EDIT: Did I mention how unsympathetic my brother is?
Righteous
I hate how people think Florida's always warm and sunny. Today, it was an average of 44 degrees farenheit with cold-ass rain and a seabreeze. Yeah, I know other parts of the world have it colder, but dammit, Florida is not a toasty place year round.
pgrmdave
Okay, so NJ is the most densly populated State in the Union, with about 1,134 people/mi˛ (438/km˛). In comparison, England has a density of 976/sq mi (383/km˛). We have far too many people living here as it is. And yet the State continues to try to attract more people to come live here. We have overburdened services, we can barely afford the taxes to pay for what we have, and the government continues to try to attract people here. Please, if you're considering moving to NJ, don't. We don't want more people. We should live up the fact that we have more toxic waste dumps per square mile than any other state. We should do our best to tell people why they shouldn't live here, not try to have a better slogan that could attract more people, which would require more building, and more services, that would simply thrust us furthur into debt...

...[/rant]
elphaba2
New Jersey: It's supposed to smell like this!

My petty complaint is the tendency of certain women to hire housemaids and then yell at the house to clean up before she comes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.