Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things that don't make sense..
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Izzy
The way people pay to go to a tanning salon when they live in Florida. rolleyes.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Izzy @ Nov 24 2006, 08:54 PM) *
The way people pay to go to a tanning salon when they live in Florida. rolleyes.gif

But I thought Florida wasn't always sunshine? lol
Star_of_Lei
Why do feet smell and noses run?
Izzy
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 25 2006, 09:03 AM) *

...The way I got a sun burn yesterday, in the middle of the winter!
trunks_girl26
Why are there so many friends who suck at being friends?
michael1384
When I stick up for a friend when no one else will, then he stabs me in the back, gets the new mindstorms and everything else I could possibly want, and I get spots and braces.
Izzy
I woke up this morning to find a ladder in front of the refrigerator. When I asked my mom about it, she acted as if it were perfectly normal and moved it so I could get orange juice.
voices_in_my_head
she was obviously getting the cereal from the top of the fridge. biggrin.gif

70% of the student body only talks to me when I have my cell phone /iPod /Camera out and they want to play with it.

Although I guess that kind of makes sense in a twisted and superficial way.
bryden42
Customers who complain for 7 minutes about previously being on hold for 5..... Weird!
Ashbless
The little bottle of hydrogen peroxide at work is more expensive than the medium size bottle of the exact same stuff. unsure.gif Ok, well, I think it's weird anyway. smile.gif
Izzy
Two friends and I were told off for being the in school library before lessons began this morning. Not for chewing gum, not for wearing hats, but for being in the library.
MisterJ
There are a whole bunch of seemingly non-sensical things about English. I was at this good site a little while back and can't remember what it was but the person pointed things out like this:

An alarm 'goes off' when it turns on.
Something can burn up as it burns down.
Also other funny phrase thingys:
English muffins weren't invented in England.
There is no egg in eggplant, neither is there pine nor apple in pineapple.
A wise man and a wiseguy are opposites.
People recite at plays or play at rictals.
You can fill in a form by filling it out.
You can make amends, but not one amend.
Quiksand can work slowly.
A guinea pig is neither a pig, nor is it from Guinea.

And so on...
wink.gif
Ashbless
People who swear at those they want help / service from.
Personally I'll go out of my way to help a polite person but as soon as someone swears at me I'll give him/her the minimum possible service. Nor will I go out of my way to help them next time they come in either. I'd rather jerks like that go elsewhere.
Righteous
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 25 2006, 09:03 AM) *

Remember, Lo: Izzy lives in central Florida (Cen Flo). I live in north Florida (No Flo). Since she's more inland while I'm on an effing island, it's bound to be warmer there than here, from which you get all my bitchings about the weather and how it's effing cold out.

Speaking of which, while going to class today, while wearing a wifebeater, thick collared shirt and bomber jacket with khakis, this socks and my boots, I saw a bunch of people wearing sandals and flip-flops. Even as a Floridian, I can't see the logic of that.

Oh, and if I get busted for something, I'll have an easier time going into politics than education.
Izzy
I have to eat lunch inside for the rest of the week because I forgot my lunch box in the math classroom, and only realized it 25 minutes into lunch..
Tom
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jan 30 2007, 09:10 PM) *
I have to eat lunch inside for the rest of the week because I forgot my lunch box in the math classroom, and only realized it 25 minutes into lunch..

*claps*
I left my P.E bag outside of the school gates and only relized that i left it when i was in science mellow.gif tongue.gif
michael1384
I got home this afternoon to find that my sisters boyfreind had bought big Tesco sighns home from work.
Stardust_Smile
When people press the elevator button continuously but it never makes the elevator come any faster...seriously i do not understand that.
Izzy
Yesterday I desperately needed my printer to print out some schooly stuff. And what's it do? Tells me the black cartridge is the wrong kind, prints the tabs I wanted last week, and then prints a paper telling me how to get the best quality out of the things I print.. IN BLACK. >_>
michael1384
I swear printers are out to destroy the world.
Izzy
QUOTE (michael1384 @ Feb 24 2007, 12:17 PM) *
I swear printers are out to destroy the world.

*nod*

Yo Mama jokes don't make sense. I mean they do, but they don't. blink.gif "Yo Mama's so stupid she got into an accident with a parked car". Not even Bush is that stupid... (Sorry, freaky political day.. No offense to any Bush lovers out there. But most of you guys are Brits anyway, so it shouln't make much of a difference... -.-)
MisterJ
The way that are teachers say that you should get lots of excersise and be very active, then tell us we should study like 4 or so hours a day after school. If you get up at like seven, go to sleep at ten, that leaves about fives hours left on school days (in which time along with the activeness you gotta fit in meals social life showers/toileting) wink.gif
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 25 2007, 04:40 AM) *
Bush lovers

Now there's something that doesn't make sense wink.gif

also.. most of physics...
Daria
QUOTE (crazymat @ Feb 25 2007, 02:23 PM) *
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 25 2007, 04:40 AM) *

Bush lovers

Now there's something that doesn't make sense wink.gif

I find nothing wrong with a good mound of hair. tongue.gif

I don't understand why I drink coffee. I don't like the bitter taste, I am allergic to caffeine and so can only drink de-caff, and it makes me need to wee ALL the time.
Cookieflair
The way there is a lollipop lady on a zebra crossing.
Izzy
I saw two Vote For Charlie Christ billboards near Leesburg. The election's been over for quite a while now people.
Randomly Anonymous
People say that you should think out of the box, but if everyone is thinking outside of the box, wouldn't it be more origonal to think inside the box?

Slim and fat are opposites. Slim chance and fat chance are synonyms. ?????????

How are "Yo mama" jokes insulting?
Eli
Why my mom bought triple-chocolate fudge chocolate chip brownie muffins when I told her I wanted to eat healthy. They are 400 calories for every half of a muffin. She does that every time I tell her to buy healty foods.

Our school tells us to eat healthy too and then they serve us some poor excuse for dumpster trash. I mean they have a salad bar except its only for the teachers.
Radaga
QUOTE (Eli @ Apr 7 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Why my mom bought triple-chocolate fudge chocolate chip brownie muffins when I told her I wanted to eat healthy. They are 400 calories for every half of a muffin. She does that every time I tell her to buy healty foods.

Our school tells us to eat healthy too and then they serve us some poor excuse for dumpster trash. I mean they have a salad bar except its only for the teachers.

Is your mother italian? Grandma was, and for her, to be healthy is to be above 80kg (~175 pounds).

And to be honest, at school, how many students would actually go for salad? And also, if you´re polite enough, present a letter either from you or your parents, requesting access to salad, I bet it could be fixed.

In Brazil we do fix things by asking nicely, but that might not be universal.

Anyway, what does not make sense? Filling in a form saying that you dont plan to commit any crime while visiting a country. Seriously, if you do, would you tell wink.gif ?
michael1384
QUOTE (Eli @ Apr 8 2008, 12:43 AM) *

They tell us to eat healthily and give us slices of pizza that you have to squeese the grease out of to make it edible.
Izzy
QUOTE (Eli @ Apr 7 2008, 07:43 PM) *

Eww, remember the caterpillar?

The school taking out our soda machines when a Lemonade has just as much sugar and calories as a coke.
Radaga
QUOTE (Izzy @ Apr 8 2008, 05:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Eli @ Apr 7 2008, 07:43 PM) *

Eww, remember the caterpillar?

The school taking out our soda machines when a Lemonade has just as much sugar and calories as a coke.

And Lemonade have zero caffeine.

And coke have a higher lobby wink.gif
-TheKasbah-
People only seem to like you until you begin to like them back. =/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.