Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You learn something new every day...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Izzy
Hmm, not sure about the cat liter thing. It was just some one of my friends told me when I said "Teach me something entertaining."
voices_in_my_head
Hmm well as far as I know it's always been something like cat urnie glows under a black light.

So I guess if you got some dirty liter under a black light...tongue.gif

Today I learned (or observed?) that when you have alot of girls telling you that you look pretty that day, very few guys will say anything at all to you. (Explanations, anyone?)
Phyllis
Today I learned that any food item in the UK that says "American style" is about as American as escargot. It's okay, because the food still (usually) tastes nice, just different. But it also tastes of LIES.
Izzy
I learnt that a 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
Cookieflair
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 7 2007, 08:02 PM) *
Today I learnt that I can sleep through any number of alarms. I'm only a step away from turning this power into something I can use to my advantage.

Like curing world insomnia?
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (Izzy @ Mar 8 2007, 05:59 PM) *
I learnt that a 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

I just learned that there are several different jiffys!
wikipedia

One of them only lasts 10^-23 seconds, so I'll be expecting a lot next time someone promises to do something in a jiffy.. hehe..
Secretkeeper
I learned the difference between learnt and learned.
Daria
QUOTE (Wytukaze @ Mar 7 2007, 08:02 PM) *
Today I learnt that I can sleep through any number of alarms. I'm only a step away from turning this power into something I can use to my advantage.

Two days ago I learnt that if I want to wake him up, I have to be there in person and have a big poking stick. For poking.

Today I learnt that bruises on your arms disturb people and that the reason being "I have an awful sense of balance and spatial awareness" only gets you ".... ok..." answers.
Secretkeeper
eeewwwwwww.... yuck.... I took a health course today... and I learned that fecal matter transmitts Hepatitis A... and is quite often found ... in grocery cart seats where the baby sits... therefore on the bottom of ladies purses which they then go home and put on their kitchen counter.... eeewwww..........For those who don't wash their hands when they leave the restroom and head back to the theatre... eeewwww thanks to you over 95 percent of the seats have fecal matter on them.... I could have gone plesantly on the rest of my life without that knowledge... do I have to take a can of Lysol everyplace I go?
Daria
OMG that is sooooo ewwwww...

Today (well, Friday night) I learnt that if you only have a simgle duvet between two, and it is cold, then the best thing to do is to remove the duvet cover, sleep in that like a sleeping bag then put the duvet over the top. Snugg-ly.
Izzy
I learned two things during my trip to Alabama.
1) The people in Alabama are a helluva lot nicer than the people in Florida.
2) How to say 'A gay man has a torn a55' in Spanish.
*edit* Also 'One beer please' in Spanish.
elphaba2
I just learned that I have really sticky-outy veins all through my feet. Why haven't I ever noticed that before?
Izzy
What Elpha said made me learn that I have really sticky-outy veins on my feet and hands.
Moosh
I already knew the veins in my feet stick out, but I learnt that amy and izzy's do as well.

I also learnt that I'm neurotic enough to spend 5 minutes wondering if the apostrophe is in the right place in "amy and izzy's". I'm still not sure.
Izzy
I think it's Amy's and Izzy's.

I learned that wondering about the misplacement of apostrophes and make my head hurt.
Izzy
0.0 I've learnt that if the picture next to one of the forums is the giraffe, there are no new posts, and if it's Mittens, there are.

I'm still figuring out the one next to Daft. I think it has something to do with the Game subforum.
I_am_the_best
Let's all have a go!

Amy and Izzys'? Very probably not.

I learnt that Schumann was yet another deperessed composer.
Stardust_Smile
QUOTE (Izzy @ Mar 13 2007, 07:41 PM) *
0.0 I've learnt that if the picture next to one of the forums is the giraffe, there are no new posts, and if it's Mittens, there are.

Really?! I never knew that!!!

Wow how cool is that? biggrin.gif *Megsy has learnt that too*

Today I learnt how to do a poster on a computer using publisher! I was so proud of myself seriously! biggrin.gif
Daria
Today I learnt that I don't like men with pink bits in their hair. Especially ones who turn up late for their appointments.
froggle-rock
Just now I learnt that the command apple + h hides the foreground application windows on a Mac, and that alttabbing brings an application back into view.
elphaba2
I learned that you are not supposed to take Adderall with orange juice--which to me is an interesting fact, but to my brother it is a reason why he hasn't been able to get anything done for over a year.

I also learned that appendicitis is not synonymous with "ow my stomach hurts I think I have appendicitis."
gothictheysay
^ it's also not synonymous with "HOLY SHIT I'M HYPERVENTILATING BECAUSE MY STOMACH HURTS SO BADLY". In fact, nobody knew why that happened.

I learned that I'm lonely. Again.
Daria
QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Mar 25 2007, 11:25 PM) *
^ it's also not synonymous with "HOLY SHIT I'M HYPERVENTILATING BECAUSE MY STOMACH HURTS SO BADLY". In fact, nobody knew why that happened.

I learned that I'm lonely. Again.

Today I learnt that YOU SHOULD COME TO ENGLAND AND HAVE FUN with us soon. Because that would be fun.

*hugs*
Mata
I learned that cornering executive-ish people when they're on a cigarette break is a really good way to get yourself known quite fast... Possibly for the right reasons, possibly not, but at least people will have heard of you. Oh, and I also learnt that a person in a America had Snowdrop the kitten tattooed on their ankle.
Daria
A couple of days ago, I cut my thumb on a bread roll.

A couple of days ago, I learnt that the above was possible.
Mata
Damn right. Shurikens used to be made of dough until the ninjas fought in the rain and were slaughtered in their thousands at the Battle of Soggy Hill. It was then that Japanese bread makers turned to making steel instead, which is why bread became scare and rice was then the main dish. Y'see, I'm very edumacational.
monkey_called_narth
i learned that mata is really good at making up stories about rolls
Mata
I learnt that it takes ages to browse the web on a PS3... But that I?m stubborn enough to doit anyway. This took ages to type on a joypad!
monkey_called_narth
today i learned its fun to read sex books to men and ask questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.