Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All the cool kids come to Derby...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Daria
ARG! Ok, so the Motherinator's birthday is actually on the 27th, and my friend has booked for us (wytu included) to go to Calais on the 21st of April.

So it looks like the 14th and 15th may have been better, after all.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Well... either weekend is good for me, probably.
Queenie
I can't do the weekend of the 21st because my friend is having a pirate party right here in Leeds. So other weekend would be best for me but tis up to you all smile.gif
Phyllis
Okay, so....15th? I am being selfish here, cause I want to meet Queenie. tongue.gif

If we're going to go for that date, people from Londonish areas may want to book tickets soonish because the advance ones to Derby go fast.
Daria
Hooray! 15th!

Although knowing me, I probably won't book tickets. Instead I'll just panic and end up spending far too much money on them.
Faerieryn
We should be there... We may even have our own bed!!!!!

Is anyone getting there Friday evening?
Phyllis
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Mar 26 2007, 06:09 PM) *
Is anyone getting there Friday evening?

moop and I are. tongue.gif But then again, we live here.

Since I forgot to mention it earlier, Mata, you can steal floorspace here. And I think the second single airbed that we have is still available if you want to bribe me use it.
Mata
That would be great, thanks smile.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'll probably be there on the Friday evening as well... maybe even Thursday, depending on some stuff I'm sure exists.
Faerieryn
We have our own double airbed and bag that inflate in under 1 minute!!!!!!!!! so we won't need an airbed. I hope our floor space is still booked. It is very comfy as we have just spent a couple of hours dozing in it in the front room. Currently I think we are heading down saturday morning but as it takes 3 hours to get to you we may arrive later than that!!!!
Phyllis
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Mar 31 2007, 05:35 PM) *
I hope our floor space is still booked.

Yup! Everyone who has booked floor space still has it.
Daria
Hurrah!
I think it will just be sleeping bags and pillows for us (both of which we will bring).
Mata
Bah! Family birthdays have been sprung on me. There're two 60th birthday dinners this month on those weekends (between Sues' side and mine). Sorry folks, I'm going to have to pass on this one sad.gif Shame, I've not been to Derby before.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I've actually not been paying attention to this one...because I suck. Basically my friends birthday is being celebrated on the 7th/8th, which is also the easter weekend when lots of people will hopefully be coming to the pub for drinks. Rather superbly I've got most of that weekend off, unfortunately it would mean having the following weekend off also was fall into the category of "taking the piss" and alas I cannae do it. Which is terribly poo because it's been forever since I've seen Sams and other people...and I like seeing you peoples. I hate my job sometimes...
froggle-rock
Dropping like flies...

It looks likely that I won't be coming, however if at the last minute I can, I will. Hope you all have lots and tots of fun.

wink.gif
Daria
Now doesn't really seem like a good idea to do this, but I feel I may have to.
I am very low on funds and have to start cutting back on my travelling-around-the-country-only-to-stay-for-one-night trips. We will see though. I hope to be able to come, as I will be bringing some tequilla for you, Cand biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 4 2007, 11:03 AM) *
Now doesn't really seem like a good idea to do this, but I feel I may have to.
I am very low on funds and have to start cutting back on my travelling-around-the-country-only-to-stay-for-one-night trips. We will see though. I hope to be able to come, as I will be bringing some tequilla for you, Cand biggrin.gif

And I thought I was a dirty little stop-out, you took it to a national scale! tongue.gif
Daria
In Feb/ March, I have been to Hastings, Manchester, Worcester, Suffolk and Lancaster. For less than one night each. Well, Lancaster was for about two hours, but it was on the way home from Manchester (go figure that one out wink.gif)
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Daria @ Apr 4 2007, 06:46 PM) *
In Feb/ March, I have been to Hastings

That's barely down the road from me!!!
Daria
Heh, well if I had known, I would have got you to come along to the gig Monty and I were working at. The place was an excellent venue, only full of chavs- one evil female specimen of which, grabbed the guitarist's strings and made him sing "I don't need that F*** OFF! kind of livin'". She then cackled.
Faerieryn
So who is coming then?.... Cand? I hope you'll be there!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Cand is currently on Honeymoon!
I'll be there!! I'm sure other people will too... >.>
Faerieryn
Shouldn't we be doing the who when why and where thread?
Phyllis
We return from Scotland!

I will be here....as will moop. It's looking like it's going to be more of a tiny gathering than a meet, but if you've all already booked tickets then go ahead and come up!

Is Queenie coming?! Is anyone? laugh.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Queenie is having issues with her boss being incapable of letting her know when he needs her to work more than a day in advance. She hopes to come though!!
Queenie
I am indeed having problems wth my boss as Snoo politely put!! Well done lady i don't think i would have been able to put it so nicely at the moment!!
At present i am unfortunately STILL none the wiser as none of my questions have been answered by my boss. But i am hoping to be there!! Even if i turn up randomly and no-one is there!! I'm really hoping that work will have answered everyones questions tomorrow... but as soon as i know i shall let the nearest Snoo or Cand know.
Faerieryn
We'll be there. Our train gets in at about 11ish. Please people come along!!!! And tell Cand and Moop you're coming, otherwise we'll steal all the floor boards
Smiler
Ok so it's 11.30 on the evening before we make our way up the 130 odd miles and we've only just rolled in from the pub. Personally I've been drinking since 5 but that's by the by.
Just wanted to check if there was any last minute news. We start our journey at 8am and get into Derby for about 11.05 so will hopefully be met by lovely people there smile.gif
See you tomorrow folks!!
Pixelgoth
I'm sorry I missed this meet guys. I've been having relationship problems since about January so things weren't too good. I decided that me and Ed needed to go away together for my birthday and that involved going south instead of Derby. I hope you all had a fun time smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.