Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm not sure how to react, exactly...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
suggestion_box_reject
I was hoping to get other advice on this, because even now Iím really not sure what exactly my emotions should be.

My ex and I had been going out for a little over four months. We were close even before then, having known each-other for long before, and just about told each-other everything. We did have a history: he had asked me out about a year before and soon after dumped me for someone else. I know that it doesnít sound that good on paper, but about 4-5 months after him and his girlfriend broke up (she was going to college) he came to me and told me that he wasnít sure of his feelings at the time but he really liked me. My best friend had always told me that we should go out, and my other best friend agreed, both saying that it was obvious that we were meant to be together. We came together under slightly awkward circumstances, but we both knew it was the right thing. After a few months, he began to act weird, especially after a left the country for a few weeks, not talking as much and staying on the phone for only half an hour or so when we used to talk for 4 or 5 at a time.

When it came down to it, my best friend was the one I asked about what I should do. She gave me advice that I wasnít sure about because I had noticed that she had been acting distant not that long after we were going out. I finally faced up to my fear and asked him if he was afraid to break up with me because of what had happened a year ago and didnít want to deal with that again. After a pregnant pause, he told me that he agreed and that trying to get into college was stressful and he couldnít deal with a relationship.

Just over a month later my best friend came to me and told me that she really liked Ďhimí. Supposedly, she had liked him the whole time that we were going out together, and at some point he had told her that he liked her too. When I talked to him for the first time in the month, about what she had said, he told me that it was true, and that may have been the reason that we broke up, which he never told me.

Now they are both hanging around a lot, and although Iím still not sure if they are going out, I know my friend wonít tell me if I did ask. This has been a really big hassle for me because I donít feel like I can really talk to her that much anymore, and have the feeling of being stabbed in the back. I was still in love with him during the break-up, and although my feelings are different now, itís hard to think of them being together.

If anyone had any ideas on my friend or the situation, it would be helpful. Thanks.
psychokid001
I'm sorry for you. But, if I were you, I'd bring your ex and your friend together and try to talk it out with them. Just tell them how it's making you feel and that it's really bothering you not knowing. Not that I am right or anything, but I am only trying to help.
suggestion_box_reject
I would round both of them up if I could, yet there is the problem of me and him not talking anymore. Since that time, me and by best freind have not been as close either. I feel like I'm drifiting away from her after we were so close for so long, yet I can't deal with what happened.
Tom
You should'nt let some guy get in the way of a good friendship, forgive them biggrin.gif Its up to you really aswell.
Crazy
QUOTE (little twit @ Feb 22 2007, 04:20 PM) *
You should'nt let some guy get in the way of a good friendship, forgive them biggrin.gif Its up to you really aswell.

Easier said than done. She said that she feels like she's been stabbed in the back, so obviously she wouldn't go that far, at least for now.

This is a very hard situation to cope with, but still, it will pass, and you may realize that these two people, although being once very close to you, what they did was very wrong. Maybe in time they will realize it and drift apart and come back to you, or maybe they won't. The world is a cruel place......
Radaga
The world is a cruel place, but such things only make us stronger. Face it, odds are that there are millions of interestiing people out there, and once you heal from that mishap, you will be more open to new people and it can only add to your life experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.