Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Telling Someone I Won't Go Out With Him
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Izzy
Well, today was a pretty boring day until about half an hour ago. I was outside by myself, which is pretty odd. My friend Eli was at his grandparent's house, and my friend Steph was sleeping. So, I'm just walking around, kick a peice of palm tree bark, and then this boy I know from school called Carlos comes up from behind. He said hi, and I said that I had no clue he lived in my neighborhood. Then we sit down and talk. I've never really considered Carlos a friend or anything. He sits at a lunch table near us (us being my group of friends and me) and occaisonly comes over to say hi.
So, Carlos starts saying things, but starts them all off with "hypothetically speaking". And then he gets around to "hypothetically speaking, if I were to ask you out right now, what would you say". I told him I don't know him that well, so that I'd *probablly* say no. In my mind, I'm thinking that there is no way I'd go out with him. He's the complete and total oppisite of the people I like. I mean, he's really nice and stuff.. and always gives people compliments.. and just like, the perfect gentleman, but I just don't like him. So he keeps talking. And talking. And more hypothetical questions. And then, to my great releif, his mom comes out of no where and sarts yelling at him for leaving the house without permission. So he winks at me, and then says bye and that he'll see me either tomorrow or at school on Monday.
And so there's a good chance he'll ask me again, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. If I say no, he'll ask why. And I can't think of any nice reason why I won't. "Because, well, I'm not even 1% attracted to you, and don't even know you" seems a bit harsh, but it's the truth.

So... is there any, whatsoever, nice way to tell someone no? unsure.gif
Daria
"Thre simple words. I Am Gay".

Perhaps Homer Simpson isn't the best person to get advice from...
You could just say that you don't feel you are yet ready for a relationship- if he asks why, you can't really give any reasons, just that you aren't yet ready.
Izzy
I think we'll save the "I am gay" thing as a last option. tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I say tell him the truth - he's not your type.

He can't really take offence at it, you're not saying he smells or anything.
Wytukaze
SMASH HIS BRAINS IN!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (snoo @ Jan 27 2007, 11:38 PM) *
I say tell him the truth - he's not your type.

He can't really take offence at it, you're not saying he smells or anything.

alternatively, you could tell him he smells!
Moosh
Arrange for him to be framed so he looks like he was gonna drown some baby kittens. Then just say "No, because you drown baby kittens."
Izzy
Okay, okay, I know what I'm going to do! "Carlos, I won't go out with you because you're a kitten killing *slight giggle* moron who smells. Sorry, but I'm not into guys like that. Or guys at all for that matter. Remember, if you tell anyone I'm gay, I'll smash your brains in. *holds up ginormous rock*"

This could totally work. rolleyes.gif
Stardust_Smile
^^ You know, I completely approve of you saying that to him!!! Can you just imagine the look on his face?! It's a sure way to know he won't ask you out again! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, just casually tell him that he's not your type.
Izzy
Aww, but casually telling him he's not my type is no fun. This could be used as a warning to tell other.. uglyish (sorry, but it's true) people I don't like to stay away too!
Stardust_Smile
You could always say you bought him a present and hand him a big wet sloppy tuna fish/random object of your choice that will equally have the same effect of scaring him off.

And then smile sweetly and be like "Okay, now what was it you wanted to ask me?"

Then giggle as he backs away slowly before breaking into a run hehe.
Izzy
QUOTE (Stardust_Smile @ Jan 28 2007, 08:53 AM) *
You could always say you bought him a present and hand him a big wet sloppy tuna fish/random object of your choice that will equally have the same effect of scaring him off.

Oohh.. That made me think of a date. Valentine's day!!!

I think we're all having a bit too much fun with this topic. Poor Carlos. rolleyes.gif
Stardust_Smile
Let's just hope he doesn't stalk you over the internet and is reading this topic right now...Eeep! tongue.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (Stardust_Smile @ Jan 28 2007, 08:59 AM) *
Let's just hope he doesn't stalk you over the internet and is reading this topic right now...Eeep! tongue.gif

*eyetwitch* Well, it says there are no guests on this page. *wipes sweat off forehead* Unless.. ZOMG, Carlos is Snoo!

Seriously, though, it doesn't sound like him to stalk. *Is never ever mentioning Matazone at school*
bryden42
Truth all the way, If you lie about it this guy is just gonna keep coming back and the lie gets more and more elaborate and you end up really hurting his feelings.

Alternatively, Kill him and eat his brains. Zombies do that and they never get asked out.
Izzy
Right... well he came up to me at lunch today and said "Hey, remember that convo we had before my mom came and busted me for being outside, well, we have to finish it sometime". We settled on the library tomorrow morning. Depending on how I feel, I'll either do it the nice way, or the I'm gay, you smell, prepare to get your brains smashed out and eaten by a zombie way. My friends are hoping for the second one, and we're bringing my video camera along for a good laugh in case I decide to do it.

I don't want to seem mean though...
Stardust_Smile
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 6 2007, 01:43 AM) *
Depending on how I feel, I'll either do it the nice way, or the I'm gay, you smell, prepare to get your brains smashed out and eaten by a zombie way.

Don't forget the wet sloppy tuna fish!!!! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, you'll be fine *hugs you*
Izzy
QUOTE (Stardust_Smile @ Feb 6 2007, 02:12 PM) *
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 6 2007, 01:43 AM) *

Depending on how I feel, I'll either do it the nice way, or the I'm gay, you smell, prepare to get your brains smashed out and eaten by a zombie way.

Don't forget the wet sloppy tuna fish!!!! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, you'll be fine *hugs you*

I didn't!!! It's still sitting in my lunch box. *hugs back*

He didn't show up, which made me happy. Because my camera battery died on the way to school. *charges it* Shall try again tomorrow!
monkey_called_narth
if you do the zombie mesure... i demand youtube.
Daria
A friend once gave me this advice:

"Your shed's on fire."

It is a perfect thing to say if you just want to confuse someone. Give them a wink and a knowing look, as well.

The said friend had lived on a small island his entire life (no, NOT mainland GB) and is a little... odd.
Crazy
You can tell him that you just want to be friends, or tell him that there's this guy on your mind (mabye your x-boyfriend) and say you're not ready to date again yet?
Izzy
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Feb 7 2007, 12:07 AM) *
if you do the zombie mesure... i demand youtube.

What's the point of filming it if it's not going on YouTube? wink.gif

I was this *makes an inch with her finger* close to getting my camera confiscated today... dry.gif But my friend hid it in her shirt and the teacher took my hat instead. T_T I miss my hat.

I think Carlos is mad at me for something. No clue what it is. He was actually on the school bus today (I think he goes to some sort of karate after school), and I was waiting for Steph to get on the bus, and Carlos was coming on so I'm like "Eli, quick, sit next to me!" and Carlos was all like "Hurry up, will you. I want to get to my seat". And then when we were getting of he was all like.. being a meany pants.
bryden42
He has probably picked up on the fact that you are not interested, But in true courtship style will not admit this to himself until he hears it from you. Put this guy out of his misery (no I dont mean kill him) let him down, gently or mean is up to you, but just know that what you are doing to him now is twice as mean as filming him and putting it on youtube. have you also considered that he might have done his homework and know that you post here?
Izzy
Considered it. Don't think he does. Unless he's one really freaky stalker. 'Cause every one of my friends (excluding Eli and Steph) have no freaking clue what Matazone is, until I say 'That place with the really cool animations!' Then they say oh, and change the topic.
Stardust_Smile
That would actually be rather scary if he found out what forums you were on and casually lurked on them...*hopes he's not one of the guests*

Do people actually e-stalk other people these days? blink.gif
Mata
We've had one example where someone found a person they were looking for through these forums... Which was a bit odd, but actually worked out really well in the end. I won't go into details because it was a private thing.

On a slightly serious note, even if a person asks you out and you're not interested, bear in mind that asking people out is (for most people) a really nerve-racking thing to do. I was never any good at it, but after a while I discovered that the worst someone could say was 'no'; however, I doubt any of those people had been advised to threaten me with rocks when I asked them out. It's a whole new world...

Err...

The moral is 'try to be vaguely nice about saying "no", but make sure you get the message across'.
Izzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 11 2007, 10:51 AM) *
The moral is 'try to be vaguely nice about saying "no", but make sure you get the message across'.

Don't think I have to anymore. Somehow he got the message, and asked Steph out instead. She was all "Eww, Carlos, no!" and then he walked off. Too bad, it really would've been a funny video. On the bright side, Steph can finally have the tuna I've been carrying around for the last few days.
Stardust_Smile
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 11 2007, 04:10 PM) *
On the bright side, Steph can finally have the tuna I've been carrying around for the last few days.

I told you the tuna would be useful at some point during all of this! biggrin.gif

*High 5's you*

Glad it's all sorted now sweetie smile.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (Stardust_Smile @ Feb 11 2007, 02:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 11 2007, 04:10 PM) *

On the bright side, Steph can finally have the tuna I've been carrying around for the last few days.

I told you the tuna would be useful at some point during all of this! biggrin.gif

Yeah. We played Keep-Away with it nearly every day. Tuna is awesome. *high 5's back*
Radaga
you´re just plain evil tongue.gif you all tongue.gif tongue.gif

me like it. =^.^=

luckly I am theonly brazilian on the forum, so I wont meet any of you to get my brains eaten (not that they would be very nourishing, anyway)
Felander
Piss in his Cheerios.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.