Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a doctor!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
I believe that the term 'w00t' was invented for this occasion.

w00t!
Daria
biggrin.gif YAY! Congratulations Dr TM Haggis. Your years of hard graft have not been in vain.
*hugs*

You should get a white black labcoat and swan about saying hello to people. Not because you're a doctor or anything, but Just Because tongue.gif
Novander
The term w00t is a short for "Wow, loot!", so it is appropriate if you just found a +1 doctorate of cyberpunking, but the term I'd use here is "awesometastic!"

Congratulations.
bryden42
nice one mata ! Woot indeed smile.gif
LoLo
Hooray! Yay! Congrats! Can I do another sentence with a ! Appears I can!
Stardust_Smile
Congratulations!! *Hugs*

I'm very proud of you smile.gif
Ashbless
Well done! Very well done!

Congrats!

Dr. TM Haggis does have a very nice ring to it.
Mata
Dr. T. E. M. Haggis, to be precise smile.gif

Thanks everyone. It's a big relief to finally have done it. I was giggling to myself earlier when I was typing an email to the HR department at work to ask them to change my title to 'Dr.'. I wonder how long it will be before that novelty wears off?
pgrmdave
Wow! Congratulations, man! That's an awesome achievement, one you certainly worked hard for.
blackbeltduck
Congrats!
elphaba2
How exciting! Now you have to grow a mustache and stroke it when you think!
Izzy
Congrats dude! Yay for doctorness!
I_am_the_best
Congratulations, doc. smile.gif
michael1384
Well done!
Izzy
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Feb 16 2007, 06:03 PM) *
Congratulations, doc. smile.gif

Woah, Bugsbunny memory. --> Hey Mata, what's up doc? tongue.gif
froggle-rock
biggrin.gif Congratulations my dear *me bouncite hugs* I'm happy and proud of you, babe wink.gif
voices_in_my_head
Major Congrats!

I wouldn't worry about the novelty of the Doctor title wearing off anytime soon if I were you. There are so many possibilities! Along with Daria's suggestion, you could always randomly bust into a group of people and shout "Calm down! It's going to be okay! IM A DOCTOR!" whether the situation calls for it or not. Or if you were really feeling like it, you could always wear a stethescope around your neck at all times and reply (with a shocked look) "Why, I'm a Doctor of course!" when people ask about it.

I'm just saying: Have fun with it- you've certaintly worked hard enough to deserve it!
Mata
I like that first suggestion Voices. I occasionally point somewhere random and pronounce 'buffalo stampede' to see how many will look, so I think 'Calm down! It's okay, I'm a doctor' could become a new catchphrase biggrin.gif

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Feb 16 2007, 07:52 PM) *
How exciting! Now you have to grow a mustache and stroke it when you think!

Maybe not, but all my jackets have mysteriously grown leather patches on the elbows, and all my trousers are now made of corduroy.

QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 17 2007, 12:09 AM) *

My father beat you to that one, sorry!
Izzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 17 2007, 11:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Izzy @ Feb 17 2007, 12:09 AM) *

My father beat you to that one, sorry!

biggrin.gif Oh wells. What're you a doctor of, anyways?

*totally up for Mata doing funny stuff with his doctor title*
gothictheysay
Congrats! biggrin.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 16 2007, 11:00 AM) *
Dr. T. E. M. Haggis, to be precise smile.gif

Thanks everyone. It's a big relief to finally have done it. I was giggling to myself earlier when I was typing an email to the HR department at work to ask them to change my title to 'Dr.'. I wonder how long it will be before that novelty wears off?

I don't know why but that reminded me of this story the head of the design department told us. She said she was designing a sign for a building full of doctors and each time she had it completed one of the doctors would notice that another doctor had more initials in their name or following their name, so she kept having to redo the sign to add more initials to doctors names until she just gave up. I guess the more initials you have the better doctor you are...keep that in mind.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Nicely done. smile.gif

While I think about it, there's this thing on my back I've been meaning to get looked at... tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Wow! That Outstandingly Awsome and lots of other really big long words that only you can read being a Dr now and all. biggrin.gif
Mum also says congrates (I've been keeping her upto date on how your doctorates been going tongue.gif )
Oh and as for the mustache I think it should actually be a goaty beard for stroking. Oh and mum say you need a car so you can lose it all the time.
Now the question is Are you going down the evil doctor route, the good doctor route or the Dr Who route? biggrin.gif
Moosh
*slightly late due to being offline*

WooT!

Have you yet considered adding more letters to your name? Possibly a Rimmer-esque Dr. T. E. M. Haggis PhD BSc SSc (Bronze Swimming Certificate, Silver Swimming Certificate)? I feel you should aim for at least a full line, and make people address you in full.
Smiler
Go Mata, Go Mata, Go Go, Go Mata!!!! Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think an evil Doctor would suit you. You just have to practice mwa ha ha ha-ing!
Pikasyuu
Woo! Good to see all the hard work has paid off. Now you need to smoke a corncob pipe and stroke your chin all the time and say 'Hmm, perhaps' for no apparent reason!
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Smiler @ Feb 18 2007, 09:29 PM) *
Go Mata, Go Mata, Go Go, Go Mata!!!! Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think an evil Doctor would suit you. You just have to practice mwa ha ha ha-ing!

I'm leaning more toward the Dr Who style I think Mata would make a good Dr Who. tongue.gif
Izzy
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 19 2007, 12:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Smiler @ Feb 18 2007, 09:29 PM) *

I'm leaning more toward the Dr Who style I think Mata would make a good Dr Who. tongue.gif

Oh noes! Then Mata might get stuck in a parallel universe! sad.gif
Phyllis
Yay! Congrats Mata! Now the Daily Mail can refer to you as "Infamous Bisexual, Dr. T. E. M. Haggis" biggrin.gif
PsychWardMike
Congratulatastic!
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 17 2007, 10:59 AM) *
I like that first suggestion Voices. I occasionally point somewhere random and pronounce 'buffalo stampede' to see how many will look, so I think 'Calm down! It's okay, I'm a doctor' could become a new catchphrase biggrin.gif

I'll begin working on your theme song immediately.
Mata
I'm considering the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde route: that way I get the fun of being an evil doctor, but my bank won't suspect that I'm not still a student biggrin.gif

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. Everyone on here has been a great help in keeping me socially insane over the past few years and it wouldn't have been as fun without you all.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (candice @ Feb 19 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Yay! Congrats Mata! Now the Daily Mail can refer to you as "Infamous Bisexual, Dr. T. E. M. Haggis" biggrin.gif

*brainwave*

Am now inclined to name my first born T. E. A. M. Frogginton, just have to figure out what the initials will stand for now. *cackles*
Tom
hehe... doctor *points at nothing* tongue.gif ... money.... work... mellow.gif

CONGRATS! laugh.gif
Kitty
Its taken me forever to see this thread/your blog, but CONGRATULATIONS! Its nice to finally see you done with your thesis biggrin.gif
Wytukaze
SENTENCE OF POLITELY RESTRAINED CONGRATULATION.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 16 2007, 01:53 PM) *
I believe that the term 'w00t' was invented for this occasion.

w00t!

w00t w00t to you Dr Mata smile.gif I know how hard studying is (at our age wink.gif) so congrats! biggrin.gif
Rykan
I feel this an appropriate juncture to re-post this manip!

Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Rykan @ Feb 26 2007, 04:46 PM) *
I feel this an appropriate juncture to re-post this manip!

*rolls around on floor laughing so hard she can barely breath*

that......is......brilliant.....missed......it.....first time......round

laugh.gif
ravein
Well done Doc! Sorry I missed the announcement! So now that you busted your butt to get it what are you going to do with it?
Mata
I'm going to insist that people call me 'doctor' instead of 'mister'... And that's about it! That said, I also use it every day. It's taught me how to learn really fast, how to be organised, and to be thorough. The skill set from doing the PhD is massively useful, but the qualification itself... That's just fun smile.gif
saucy_tara
Aww Im sooo proud of you Mata!! No one deserves it more biggrin.gif
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Mar 8 2007, 11:52 AM) *
Aww Im sooo proud of you Mata!! No one deserves it more biggrin.gif

!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif!!!!

Tara!!!!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm going to insist that people call me 'doctor' instead of 'mister'... And that's about it!

And of course perfect that obligatory indecipherable scrawl that all Doctors have being far too busy to have proper handwriting.

Well done.
Tarantio
Wow, I thought I had replied to this already... weird. Oh well, its late, but congrats Mata! Now all you need to do is try and sneak new scientific/medical/literary terms into the O.E.D. Start with alternative words for sexual organs biggrin.gif
Mata
FU: My handwriting is already unreadable, and has been for many years. Being a doctor was obviously my destiny!

Tara: I don't think there are any new words for sexual organs - they've all been used at some point in the past. There are whole books of slang just on the key topics (money and sex), but it would be impressive to add some new ones! I did use several words in my thesis that aren't currently in the English dictionary. Part of doing a thesis is that you're allowed to do that sort of thing as long as it remains entirely clear what you mean. Mostly it's new conjungations and that sort of thing, but they're still new words!
Cath Sparrow
Cool! Making up new words is alway fun and if you can pass them off as real that's even better!
Tarantio
Slightly off-topic, but I was out last night and theiving, and found you a badge, Mata. So I need an address to pass it on to, if you feel like trusting me not to send you anything marked "box-o-puppies". tongue.gif And its off topic now, but you'll see why its really not when you see the badge.
Forever Unknown
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 9 2007, 12:05 AM) *
FU: My handwriting is already unreadable, and has been for many years. Being a doctor was obviously my destiny!

It's slightly disturbing that people even confuse us on the internets.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
It really is very,very wrong. If our doctors ever get us mixed up we really are buggered...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.