Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What else eats your soul mercilessly...?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Erin
You may have been thinking..Drugs, money, sex..
but I was hinting at Myspace. smile.gif

it has consumed me. i have forgotten all of the forums i used to go to..for MONTHS!
Has anyone else had this problem?
I hope im not alone on this sad.gif

smile.gif

p.s..its good to be back on the forum.
Apollyon
For me it was kingdom of loathing. I was obsessed for a little over a year before I remembered matazone, etc. (it's a great game by the way, and actually i am still quite addicted).

Welcome back, by the way.
Moosh
I got over Kingdom of Loathing, and haven't touched it for a while now, I don't use myspace either.

Nah, for me it's webcomics. I read (and that means check every time they update, so daily, mon-wed-fri or whatever) around 45 or 50, and I know the plots better than I know what's going in IRL.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I never got the addictiveness of myspace, but then a lot of people get addicted to stuff I don't see the point of. So I'm guessing I'm just so awesome that I can't get addicted to stuff... or I have a really short attention span/the memory of a goldfish...

editted to add a few commas
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
MySpace annoys me, I can understand how it consumes people - I check mine about 3 times a day if I'm bored/procrastinating but I never have any messages or anything so it only takes up about 5 seconds. One of the benefits of being unpopular! biggrin.gif
pgrmdave
Right now...Kingdom of Loathing. Sometimes it's Hypography, sometimes it's whatever game of the month I'm playing (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout, Civilization...I've dedicated months to all of them and more).
Greeneyes
Tales of Symphonia did. As did Morrowind.
trunks_girl26
Any videogame I play.......ever.
Oni Usagi
Right now it's anime for me. In the last two weeks I've rewatched two 24 episode series as well as a shorter series I got a while ago but never watched passed the second ep. This is in addition to keeping up with this seasons anime, which wasn't that hard because neither bleach nor naruto aired last week sad.gif. I also started watching some of the new season's anime, so far not too impressed and am only looking forward to one of them. I've also slowly been rewatching Beast Wars. And of course I've been watching all this while neglecting schoolwork.
mooooooooooopo
Most videogames steal my life for weeks or even months, usually when I have something else important to do...like my second year uni exam revision time was mostly spent playing Icewind Dale 2. Of course now I work as a games programmer so I guess that adds to the soul consumption. Coding stuff tends to suck on my soul and addict me too.

Also, at the moment Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Cand and I bought the box set of all seven seasons and have spent the last few months watching several episodes a day. So many episodes! @_@
elphaba2
Recording things and mixing around with them. Too often I'll hear a song and want to do something with it and I wind up spending an hour with Audacity gettin all frustrated when it closes unexpectedly while I'm pasting tracks. But then it comes out all cool and layered, and the cycle starts again.
Erin
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Apr 10 2007, 06:48 AM) *
Tales of Symphonia did. As did Morrowind.

i know how that feels. morrowind had be hooked for the longest time

QUOTE (snoo @ Apr 9 2007, 04:40 AM) *
MySpace annoys me, I can understand how it consumes people - I check mine about 3 times a day if I'm bored/procrastinating but I never have any messages or anything so it only takes up about 5 seconds. One of the benefits of being unpopular! biggrin.gif

haha, lucky.
i get a lot of messages..but usually they arent worth reading..
i spend waaaay too much time on myspace =|
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.