Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost Every F--king Girl My Age Wants Boobs
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Personal concerns
Pages: 1, 2
Izzy
I mean, what's the big deal. Unlike most girls my age, in my Grade/Year, and possibly in my school (meh, probably excluding the 8th graders) I am not completely flat chested. And it annoys the Hell outta me. Shirts don't fit properly. They make me look all lumpy and fat. It hurts if I'm playing soccer and a ball goes there. And just putting a bra on in the morning is freakin' time consuming. I liked it better when I was little. It was always just put a shirt and shorts on and lets go! Time to play in the mud!

Yeah, I'll admit to growing up really boyishly. But I never thought I'd grow up to hate (yes hate) having boobs. It's just like, what's the point.. Am I just weird for not wanting what everyone else wants..? ph34r.gif
Daria
You're not weird at all! Well, with regards to the boob issue, that is tongue.gif
As you probably know, everyone's bodies grow up and mature at different times- and just because your body may have matured into all boobies and curves, it doesn't mean that your brain has matured into being all *jarring chord* womanly. They get in the way when you are trying to do things, they jiggle when you run, they can make you feel self concious and your friends may be jealous of them- but as you get older, you will realise that they can be kind of fun and you shouldn't be ashamed or annoyed about being female.
The bra thing will become habit after a while, as well.

The thing is, I am only a 36 B, so I am pretty happy with mine. They aren't too big and they aren't too small and sometimes I can get away without wearing a bra at all. Unlike a friend of mine who once asked me-
"Bah, don't you just hate it when you're running down the stairs and your boobs hit you in the chin?"

However cliché it is to say- it is all part of growing up- I really don't mean that in a patronising way. And remember- you should never, EVER, feel weird for not wanting the same thing as everyone else. Being individual is awesome biggrin.gif
trunks_girl26
I'd just like to interject to say that you're lucky you're getting them at that point and that they're on the smallish size. I've had to wear a bra since the 4th grade.

That being said, I disliked my boobs a lot when I was younger *because* they were so much bigger than everyone elses, but as the years went on I learned to love them, and now I consider them my most powerful (physical) feature.

Give it time. You'll probably learn to like them eventually.
Radaga
They want because probably they dont have, and dont have to deal with the very issues you mention.

They only see what others comment, and, to be honest, I never fully understood the obsession americans have with 40DD´s.

Okay, flat as a little girl is not exactly a turn-on, but I usually think that if they dont need a bra (and of course, no implants) to stay in place, they are of the right size and shape.

But probably because I am not american, and have not been initiated on the mysteries that make them think 40DD is way too small. :roll:
pgrmdave
Thank you for lumping all americans into one stereotype. And we all wear cowboy hats, drive Hummers, weigh over 300 pounds, destroy the environment for fun, and have more guns than many small nations.
elphaba2
I personally have a stack of AKs in the closet at all times. Not right now though; I gave them to my Doberman to play with while he picks my teen-pregnancy baby up from daycare in my SUV. Whatever, though, I'll just listen to some country music and pick my belly button while getting plastic surgery! Pass the burgers!
Mata
I just ~thought~ about America and I invaded a middle-eastern country!
vicrawr
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Apr 28 2007, 01:50 PM) *
I personally have a stack of AKs in the closet at all times.

Kalashnikovs?! Those're Russian! That's UnAmerican! We don't use guns from Commies! We use our own brands like Colt, Remington, Winchester! Or borrow from the Germans, whose butts we kicked in World War 2, with Heckler and Koch.
PsychWardMike
Guys, guys, guys!

You're missing the real point! We have to kill the flag burning gays who also perform abortions!

Focus, people. Focus!
Felander
QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Apr 28 2007, 06:16 PM) *
Thank you for lumping all americans into one stereotype. And we all wear cowboy hats, drive Hummers, weigh over 300 pounds, destroy the environment for fun, and have more guns than many small nations.

And that's science!
Mata
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Apr 29 2007, 08:23 AM) *
Guys, guys, guys!

You're missing the real point! We have to kill the flag burning gays who also perform abortions!

Focus, people. Focus!

Don't you try to tell me what to focus on, you're oppressing my freedom of speech! That's it; I'm calling my lawyer!
elphaba2
THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!! AHHHH!!!!
Radaga
Yadda yadda yadda. You get what you sow.

Watch almost every movie, read every comic strip, look at any model contest, or simply search the web.

Besides, talking about stereotypes, at least they are valid ones I am using, and they does represent a significant portion of north americans.

Now, look at the funny fact: I have had answered the folowing questions to americans, over the years, several times:

Cool, you´re brazilian, so, how it is to live in a city surounded by wild animals, like boas and panthers, roaming the streets?

Cool, you´re brazilian. And live in Rio. Have you ever had to duck during a firefight at the streets?

Cool, you´re brazilian. Have you ever been to your capital, Argentina?

Cool, you´re brazilian. I wish I knew how to speak spanish.

and several other extremelly smart isnights like those..... :roll:
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Radaga @ Apr 30 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Watch almost every movie, read every comic strip, look at any model contest, or simply search the web.

Besides, talking about stereotypes, at least they are valid ones I am using, and they does represent a significant portion of north americans.

Actually the media in general represents only a small proportion of the population, just because it sells the image for all it's worth it doesn't mean that everybody is buying into it.

Izzy, it's just a case of wanting what they can't have - in general boobs do suck and just get in the way most of the time, particularly when you're still young. They do, however, have their advantages and one day you'll learn to love them!
ravein
fun game.. go to yahoo image search and type in America then do a search and then type in Brazil and do a search. Compare breast pictures on the first page.

moral of the story.. doesn't matter what country you are from you can have a crappy body image, sex sells, people are sheep who believe what the media tells them and everyone loves stereotypes.

Now I have to go deep fry my cheeseburger and get my boobs inflated to the size of a small flotation device... and I have to hurry so I can buy my gun and invade Cuba by dinner.
MisterJ
QUOTE (snoo @ May 1 2007, 04:07 AM) *
QUOTE (Radaga @ Apr 30 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Actually the media in general represents only a small proportion of the population, just because it sells the image for all it's worth it doesn't mean that everybody is buying into it.

^^I agree, for I am actually American, although half of my life has been in Australia, and many people say that all Australians Go surfing and have blonde wavy hair, and enthusiastically yell at everyone one they see G'daayyy mayyyyyyte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And although I'm not Aussie, lived around many Aussies more than long enough to now that that's not the case.

(soz for the off subject post)
Radaga
Yep, I didnt mean to be offensive, or rude, if it sounded like, apologies.

The problem is they want because they think it will make them powerful, just as media sells.

The fact you all dont inflate your breasts to Goodyear Zeppelin´s sizes just make my point stronger.

As for invading cuba, a pity you dont do it. Or at least did it when the occasion permitted. Now the Chavez moron, and his partner, Morales, sell cuban revolution and bolivarionism as "righteous ideals"

they dont know (or choose not to acknowledge) Fidel and Che were (are) murderers, corrupts, tirannics and simply focused on power, for them, not for the people. The people either acclaim them as gods, or die. Simple as that.

Sorry, Izzy, we are escaping the core of your subject, but, on the other hand, this is good, because it prooves your concern, or the reason others do want it, is deeper than a first look may assume.
MisterJ
QUOTE (Radaga @ May 2 2007, 01:26 AM) *
Yep, I didnt mean to be offensive, or rude, if it sounded like, apologies.

That's alright, no hard feelings sad.gif .
Faerieryn
I spent my whole life feeling inadequate. As a child I was very skinny. I developed late in every way and even got caught (horror of all horrors) wearing a padded bra when I was at secondary school and was ridiculed for doing what every woman in the western world has been doing for years. I spent the whole of my teenage years struggling to look good and wear a bra with stringy tops (I don't care what people say, people with no tits still have to wear a bra, otherwise they disappear!) And then to my amazement I jumped from a 34 B to a 32 D in 18 months. This was all down to Erin telling me to change the bra size I was wearing and putting on a little bit of weight. On the plus side I now feel comfortable without a bra. Negatives, do you know how HARD it is to buy a D cup in a small back *grumble grumble, primark bloody prejudiced against skinnies with chests...*? I guess some people are never happy!!!
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Apr 29 2007, 07:46 PM) *
THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!! AHHHH!!!!

first actually...
elphaba2
Oh no no no, honey, I am not mixing up my amendments. Wasn't referencing Mata's post, just picking a random issue these stereotypical, generally nonexistent Americans like to scream about. I was also poking fun at the tendency of these people to favor yelling out things completely arbitrarily and with the intention of inciting panic.

/is taking a massive, difficult test in US History tomorrow and therefore very touchy.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
ack....

i see, terribly sorry bout that then...
Daria
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ May 10 2007, 10:56 PM) *
Negatives, do you know how HARD it is to buy a D cup in a small back *grumble grumble, primark bloody prejudiced against skinnies with chests...*? I guess some people are never happy!!!

A friend of mine has 28 G breasts. Buying a bra is a bit of a mission for her.
elphaba2
Your friend is Dolly Parton!

also speaker, I am normal now. Sorry for biting your head off, I was in the grip of Test Madness. If you were in the same room as I am, I would offer you some cookies.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
tis quite ok...

I'm very well acquainted with that feeling...

I took the US Hist AP test last year...

and well bad things happened...
bryden42
My wife has very large breasts (thank you, thank you). 38 ff however they dont fit correctly (we think she needs to go down a back size and up a cup size (which takes her to g cup) whilst she cant walk into a shop and get stuff of the rack, she has no real difficulty finding bras from a number of online and catalogue shops. And it makes for great present opportunities for me to buy her.
Wiseacre
Yeah, I was an early developer too. I was a total tomboy until I was 18 so didn't dig the boob thing either - I even bound them at one point. But, now that I'm older it's cool, they're part of me, like any other part of me. I think once the body calms down and stops changing so much it becomes easier to like all parts of yourself.
Izzy
QUOTE (Wiseacre @ Jun 20 2007, 06:12 PM) *
I even bound them at one point.

What do you mean by 'bound them' and how?
vicrawr
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jun 24 2007, 08:09 PM) *
QUOTE (Wiseacre @ Jun 20 2007, 06:12 PM) *

I even bound them at one point.

What do you mean by 'bound them' and how?

I would guess tied down. Most likely with ace bandage. I've met someone who did that. Is it as uncomfortable as I think it would be?
I_am_the_best
^ Nope. If you use slightly elasticated bandage then it's really quite comfy. The only problem is that if you don't bandage it tight enough then it starts to slip down which is annoying.
Pixelgoth
Negatives, do you know how HARD it is to buy a D cup in a small back

I'm sorry. I think I might win this one. I'm a 30F so imagine how hard it is to get bras in that size!! dry.gif God bless Bravissimo however when I had problems with my chest wall and needed physio they recommended I wear non wired bras. They don't MAKE non-wired bras in that size. Only sports bras and maternity bras dry.gif Neither of which are flattering sad.gif I can occasionally wear a wired bra now but for no longer than all day otherwise my chest wall aches sad.gif

On the plus side, men LOVE it wink.gif I can't complain, I have an impressive rack and I use and abuse when I see fit tongue.gif

*thinks that women's lib has been put back a few years*
Mata
That's not anti-feminist, that's exploiting the weakness of the other sex... So it's simply sexist instead wink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 26 2007, 01:51 PM) *
That's not anti-feminist, that's exploiting the weakness of the other sex... So it's simply sexist instead wink.gif

Whatever! It works tongue.gif
{Gothic Angel}
*annoyed she missed every opportunity for sarcasm at the beginning of this thread*

Why wouldn't you want boobs? Boobs are awesome biggrin.gif Not just my boobs, boobs in general.

Hehe... boobs happy.gif

[/ZOMGspam]
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Negatives, do you know how HARD it is to buy a D cup in a small back *grumble grumble, primark bloody prejudiced against skinnies with chests...*? I guess some people are never happy!!!

Yes!!

I've always been quite happy with my breasts which naturally progressed from a B cup to a C over the last few years; until recently where they have been disgusting unruly and decided that a bloody great pair of DD breasts should be perched on my size 12 frame. I'm not impressed - I mean, what am I supposed to do with these things? The last time they were this big was when I was pregnant (which I'm not, just to clarify)

I'm sure I'll learn to love them again, eventually but it's just a bit of a weird transition.

And my bras now look like bloody great slingshots. I'll be avoiding strappy tops until I get used to them, methinks.
Daria
As a spammy side note- I bought myself a SpongeBob SquarePants bra yesterday, and pants to match. I'm going to wear them tomorrow, to an important meeting, and the mere thought it making me giggle.

I love SpongeBob.
/spam
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jun 26 2007, 05:31 AM) *

Negatives, do you know how HARD it is to buy a D cup in a small back

I'm sorry. I think I might win this one. I'm a 30F so imagine how hard it is to get bras in that size!! dry.gif God bless Bravissimo however when I had problems with my chest wall and needed physio they recommended I wear non wired bras. They don't MAKE non-wired bras in that size. Only sports bras and maternity bras dry.gif Neither of which are flattering sad.gif I can occasionally wear a wired bra now but for no longer than all day otherwise my chest wall aches sad.gif

On the plus side, men LOVE it wink.gif I can't complain, I have an impressive rack and I use and abuse when I see fit tongue.gif

*thinks that women's lib has been put back a few years*

46 DDD/F American

*wins boob thread* wink.gif

I actually really like wire bras, as they give me a lot more support.....occasionally I'll find really pretty ones I can wear (though they're closing my favorite bra place =( ). That reminds me, I need to pick up new ones soon, as some of mine are getting rather full of holes...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
*wins boob thread*

Not at all - you are the same size as our very own, english grown Pixie due to the difference between UK/USA sizes.

*feels an uncanny need to defend Pixies' bosom*

I feel a boob war coming on...

Okay girls, bras off and into the pit. I want a clean fight; pap slaps only. smile.gif
Mata
*Gets camera*

*And jelly*
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jul 22 2007, 03:58 PM) *
*wins boob thread*

Not at all - you are the same size as our very own, english grown Pixie due to the difference between UK/USA sizes.

*feels an uncanny need to defend Pixies' bosom*

I feel a boob war coming on...

Okay girls, bras off and into the pit. I want a clean fight; pap slaps only. smile.gif

I thought US sizes were a size bigger than UK ones though.... huh.gif
Felander
I like boobs.
Phyllis
QUOTE (trunks_girl26 @ Jul 23 2007, 12:07 AM) *

Bra sizes are so variable between manufacturers, much less between countries, that it's kind of hard to just convert someone's size using international chart thingys. But generally I think US bra sizes are one size bigger until you get up to F. Then they're usually the same according to most charts. Observe. I think it's because most bra manufacturers in the US skip E (why do they skip E? What is wrong with it?). But then, some of them use DDD as well, which is just silly.

I'm convinced that bra manufacturers like to confuse people.
Izzy
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 23 2007, 07:51 AM) *
QUOTE (trunks_girl26 @ Jul 23 2007, 12:07 AM) *

(why do they skip E? What is wrong with it?).

Can you get E as a grade in England (er, school related, not bra)? 'Cause here it's just A B C D F, which I never understood.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Izzy @ Jul 23 2007, 03:46 PM) *
Can you get E as a grade in England (er, school related, not bra)? 'Cause here it's just A B C D F, which I never understood.

Nope, that's the same here. I guess it is kinda weird.

Bras annoy me in many many unspeakable ways, the inconsistency between different styles even within manufacturers is *crazy*
Phyllis

At my primary school (in the US) we had the grades E, S, and N (E = excellent, S = satisfactory, N = needs improvement). I always assumed there was no E in later grades so it wouldn't be confused with the E given in primary school. Maybe my school was just weird? I never understood why they had different grades for younger kids, anyway. I remember being about 7 and being annoyed when watching TV or reading a book that had kids talking about their grades, because mine weren't like theirs.

I have very little idea of how the school system here (talking about the UK now) works, to be honest. I don't intend to have kids, so it doesn't concern me overmuch. I don't think there are E's, but I am most likely wrong since I rarely pay very much attention to the subject.

Edit: AHA. Cross-posted with snoo. I was right? ohmy.gif
I_am_the_best
^ In things like SATs (the English ones) you can get Es which mean Exceptional, but in exams that matter *cough*. I assume it's because the range is from A-D then F just stands for Fail, and then you can get U which I think is unmarked? But I'm not sure. It just means it was so awful it wasn't worth the markers effort or the exam was void for some reason.

In other news: Breasts are fantastic unless you do high-impact sport without wearing a sports bra. I think mine are slightly bruised. Rarr.
Izzy
QUOTE (candice @ Jul 23 2007, 11:00 AM) *

At my primary school (in the US) we had the grades E, S, and N (E = excellent, S = satisfactory, N = needs improvement).

We did something like that. Except it was S (Satisfactory), N (Needs Improvement) and U (Unsatisfactory). My school apparently wasn't as positive as yours.

And then we get N/A or 0 on tests/exams/FCAT if the people can't be bothered to grade our work, because it's obvious we failed. Or if someone has really poor handwriting. (So I never see how I pass)
Daria
YOu can also get U in "proper" exams (such as A Levels) which means Ungraded. F presumably means "fail".
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Daria @ Jul 24 2007, 05:02 PM) *
YOu can also get U in "proper" exams (such as A Levels) which means Ungraded. F presumably means "fail".

At A-level you can get E and U but not F... I think, it seems so long ago now!
Faerieryn
I had a fabulous boobage moment the other night that I needed to share so...

I spent most of my young adult life lamenting my lack of chest. Although I got up to a B cup my small frame made it look like nothing. Then erin made me go get myself re measure because she was convinced I had a small back not a small cup size. Since then I have increased to a 32D (yes a D!!!) but I still feel a bit self conscious about them- I still think they are titchy.

Anyway I was out last week with a group of friends when we were discussing appetite. A male friend of mine said that I was small so was bound to have a small appetite, then corrected himself saying I wasn't that small. I bludgeoned him for suggesting I was fat. He replied that he wasn't referring to my overall size but rather my cleavage. It's one thing to hear that you have nice tits from your partner but completely another to hear it from a male friend. I hugged him!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.